[MOD] A16 Better Balance Mod - Spikes, guns, mining, building etc. improvements

SurvivalUK

Seconded, ^^^^, thanks for all your hard work too, here's hoping your week/month gets better, like you I play on private server with the missus and kids so they will apreciate this too :) being a stay at home dad I cant imagine being away from them so please don't apologise, totally understandable. :)

^^^^ Thanks for all your hard work, it is most appreciated :)

Seconded, ^^^^, thanks for all your hard work too, here's hoping your week/month gets better, like you I play on private server with the missus and kids so they will apreciate this too :) being a stay at home dad I cant imagine being away from them so please don't apologise, totally understandable. :)

Welcome back SurvivalUK, thanks for the update.

Awesome! Thx!!

Thanks all, it is very much appreciated :)

survival i downloaded ur updated mod for 16.3 and added to my game when i logged on game i got all kinds of red NRE's and dont ask as i have no clue how many

Sorry Blazer not sure what you've done. Using a vanilla copy of 7 Days it'll work perfectly, even with other mods it'll still work depending upon what files the other mod has tweaked. All i can suggest is verifying the 7 Days files in Steam to return back to a vanilla installation and then trying again. Just backup your files / saved games whatever you do to be on the safe side.

The mod i run on 5 pcs on my lan with various single and MP games, no issues.

Hi, yeah shouldn't be a problem with Valmar's BBM :). I'm sure that is a .dll tweak where as this is all XML edits.

Indeed it works without any problems, tried SMX + #swaygate + Biggerbackpack. Tested but forgot to post about it.

There was loot.xml, that I left out from smx bigger backpack, so no conflicts what comes about files.

Nice Mod by the way. More time to play the game than think what to choose on level up. When dont have too much time to play on day.

Indeed it works without any problems, tried SMX + #swaygate + Biggerbackpack. Tested but forgot to post about it.

There was loot.xml, that I left out from smx bigger backpack, so no conflicts what comes about files.

Nice Mod by the way. More time to play the game than think what to choose on level up. When dont have too much time to play on day.

Thanks for the update regarding compatibility i'm sure it'll help other :thumbsup:. And big thanks for the feedback, exactly why i built this mod :)

@SurvivalUK, cheers to you for keeping this mod up-to-date! *salute*

Again it's appreciated and thanks, more than welcome :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another update v2.1 :)

• Player max level reduced from 500 to 250 due to it impacting loot quality**
  • Screamer new loot list (rare loot added, junk removed, guaranteed loot to make them worth while)
  • More loot table tweaks
  • Tweaked Quality Joe further
  • Removed toilets, sofa etc. from construction crates

**If you have a saved game with a character over level 250 do the following before loading up the save. Open progression.xml and edit line 5 to greater number than your existing character level:

1. <!-- Groups: firearms, weapons, tools, clothing, scavenging, health, crafting !-->
  2. _
  3. <progression>
  4. <player
  5. max_level="250"

Download link or Google Drive

>> make sure to use the latest version of winrar / 7zip / winzip <<

Noticed that if using that smx + #swaygate + biggerbackpack following line need to be change in loot.xml

If not changed, when you die you lost some of your backpack content or all. Did not died tho not sure but find this info for other thread.

Original

<!-- player dropped backpacks, they only destroy on close when they are empty -->

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0" size="5,10" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

<item name="cobweb" count="1,2" prob="0.01"/>

</lootcontainer>

Bigger backpack change

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0" size="8,10" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

</lootcontainer>

Noticed that if using that smx + #swaygate + biggerbackpack following line need to be change in loot.xml

If not changed, when you die you lost some of your backpack content or all. Did not died tho not sure but find this info for other thread.

Original

<!-- player dropped backpacks, they only destroy on close when they are empty -->

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0" size="5,10" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

</lootcontainer>

Bigger backpack change

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0" size="8,10" destroy_on_close="true" sound_open="UseActions/open_backpack" sound_close="UseActions/close_backpack" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="baseTemplate">

</lootcontainer>

Good stuff thanks! I'll include an alternative loot.xml file in the next build for people who use the #swaygate + BBP mod :)

Thanks again.

So tires being wrenched from cars way to high a probability. 30 mins of wrenching cars for fuel and i have gotten 20 sets of minibike tires... Mostly just being scrapped now.

BUT, a fantastic mod, love it...

Get them sold to a trader! hehe

I modded the tires to a 40% drop chance which i thought was reasonable consider there are 4 on a car. Even the radiator is a 50% drop chance and there is only one of them ;)

I'll probably tweak it down slightly on the next version but if they are getting a bit much open up blocks.xml and there are two lines to find. One for complete cars and one for wrecked ones:

<drop event="Harvest" name="minibikeWheels" count="1" prob="0.4" tool_category="Disassemble"/>

Change the 0.4 to 0.25 or something a hint lower.

And thanks for the comments!

i put it into a fresh vanilla download of the game and i got all kinds of NRE's

Sorry Blazer not sure what you've done, provided the files are in the correct location* and you aren't mixing mods without making appropriate tweaks you shouldn't have any issues.

*i've mentioned where in the OP and also when you asked me previously in this thread.

Good day SurvivalUK

I use the 7D2D launcher now because it makes so much easier to install and play the game ..

My question is .. have you thought about or will you add the Bigger Backpack and Mini-Bike storage in to your Mod .. maybe by Valmod .. the added 45 slot one.

Other than that .. Nice mod.

Archived