[MOD] A16 Better Balance Mod - Spikes, guns, mining, building etc. improvements

SurvivalUK

So, is v1.3 compatible with alpha 16.1 or just with latest experimental ? :upset:

I'm 99% sure it'll be fine but i'm on holiday at the moment with limited Internet and only a laptop to edit with (no gaming PC) so can't roll back this 7 Days installation to 16.1 to test.

From memory most of the XML changes TFP made moving from 16.1 to 16.2 were relatively small, reducing wood resources, a couple of recipes and tweaking the buff effects for fire.

If i can get some stable Internet in the coming days i'll see what i can do :)

Hi, i couldn't see any issues apart from Google preview being inconsistent. Just in case though i've created a fresh rar file and re-uploaded:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7PTQXWeZQYDUmNjX3FLaWx3TU0/view

I've updated the OP with the new link as well.

Hey man, that worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick turnaround while on vacation!

It's greatly appreciated!

Will this work with the recent A16.2 [b1] update?

Hi, yep it'll work fine.

TFP have turned the 16.2b7 experimental into the release / main version so all good :)

Hey man, that worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick turnaround while on vacation!

It's greatly appreciated!

No problems at all, just glad it is working and thanks for the support :)

Appreciate your efforts. I'd call this a QoL mod for sure. The supply crates not disappearing is you trolling us though right? I keep seeing the orange icon and thinking it's a new crate only to find I looted it before. =)

Not quite trolling (hehe) but enough hits with an axe and they will disappear ;). I was fed up with getting to them at the bottom of a lake and finding i was overfull then they went bye bye on me! So with enough hits from an axe they can be destroyed and the map icon disappears :).

What insolence is this, I will not accept this mod until I get my zombie-boobies back! :rant:

Nah just kidding, I just put the strippers back in myself. :eyebrows: Thanks for this, much appreciated!

p.s.: the amount of smilies in this forum is staggering

enjoy and have some more smilies ;):D

survival i added ur mod to my game and im not getting the destroy bonus for trees or rocks idk wats wrong :)

Hi

Trees 600hp and above you should be seeing extra wood and the possibility of feathers / eggs once destroyed. Typically a 900hp tree with a steel axe with no perks will produce circa 450 wood, a 1200hp tree 550. Feathers / eggs are just probabilities so you won't always get them but on a 1200hp you'll have a greater chance.

The bonuses are for stone only, so really about rewarding mining efforts. Boulders on the surface i've not tweaked as the rewards are fair in vanilla for boulder farming.

I have a game thats progressed quite a ways. Is there any thing in this mod, I can skip, to keep my save safe, since you said certain things can make the progression wonky?

Sorry missed this earlier.

I suspect it'd be ok but I'd always err on the side of caution moving from a vanilla save.

The default location for 7 Days saves on a PC are located here : C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\

If you did want to try, take a copy of the entire folder of the \saves\ and put it else where. Try the mod and if anything breaks restore the backed up folder.

Good luck.

@aughts if the new Google upload is no good i plan on putting the new version on some personal webspace on Friday once i'm back off holiday.

Archived