Quick fix to "boring blood moons"

Guppycur

No, always the lesser of the numbers.

So 32.

And if you're on a server with 3 people, but the total maxalive is say 60, you would only get 20 each.

It's fool proof and all it ends up doing is making sure the last wave isn't a trickle. It won't blow up your game. :)

I am finally properly registered here, so I wanted to pop in and thank you for this. The pressure of the blood moon is what makes 7d2d special, so having them be so cut down was a disappointment. This has made the game a lot more interesting for me.

First major play through with it, am to 15th day, gamestage 147. Watching the flood that just kept coming was great! Though I still managed to put an end to them all by 2:00. At least it wasn't over by 23:00.

Anyway, TY!

We used this as a party of 4 (Nomad diff with 12 Enemies BMH) and at Day 14, we couldn't get above 10 FPS all night. Not a single shot successfully landed on a zombie. There were so many corpses, you couldn't loot them while another player is destroying the carcasses, because it closed all container windows throughout the game (probably something about object count and stuff).

So, while this might be good for single player or maybe even duo, don't use it if you are planning to play as a party, or try lowering the game setting count to 4 or something.

You may definitely need to tailor the number 50 to something more manageable for your server. 4 may be too low. Haven't had a 10-person night yet, but I can imagine what it would be like. :-) but, it's still going to be limited by the Blood Moon count and the maxalive, so it's really no different than the earlier waves other than removing the Trickle.

So I would get the spikes even if I was running with the original gamestages.xml? Seemed too overwhelming for just 4 players at 14th day. We have seen day 70-77 with 3 players in A15 and the impact on performance was not even half of this. I have a pretty solid rig by the way.

Anything we can do to overcome it? Would it help to run the server dedicated on another computer I own?

You're running the dedi on the same machine you're playing on? Yeh, that's going to hurt.

Think about it this way.

Gamestage 97 (which you should well be at on day 14) is the first gamestage where the DEFAULT sends you 12 zombies during the first wave anyway. So if your BMH is set to 12, you're already seeing this during the first wave. The 2nd wave sends out 12, as does the third. All this mod does is make the 4th do the same, whereas the vanilla would probably be 2.

So it could very well be the corpses like you say. We have... quite a few corpses as well (shotty turrets make them like crazy, so we have fields of them) though, and it's hit or miss whether or not the BM's are super laggy.

*I* personally find that when I'm in proximity to some of my farther away players (I'm in the US, they're in AUS and NZ) that my lag gets worse, but with the same player count, but the other players have a lower ping, it's fine.

Then there's "is the server freshly rebooted", and "how long has my client been on"... there seem to be a lot of factors at play. Is it the 50 count though? Not likely, since you're getting that on waves 1-3 anyway. But who knows.

As well as making sure maxAlive is set to 50 times the number of players.

So 10 players, maxAlive 500. =) (HIGHLY recommend against doing this!)

So even if you use this mod, and BMCount is set to 50, if the maxAlive is 100, and you have 1 player, you'll get 50. 2 players, and you'll get 50. 4 players, and you'll each only get 25 (or however it distributes it).

As well as making sure maxAlive is set to 50 times the number of players.

So 10 players, maxAlive 500. =) (HIGHLY recommend against doing this!)

So even if you use this mod, and BMCount is set to 50, if the maxAlive is 100, and you have 1 player, you'll get 50. 2 players, and you'll get 50. 4 players, and you'll each only get 25 (or however it distributes it).

aha thanks for clarifying that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
For me it is a hell that are 50 at a time, I have created a custom configuration, in which I have multiplied by 10 the last wave.

- Where the maximum alive was 1, now there are 10

- Where the maximum alive was 2, now there are 20

- Where the maximum alive was 3, now there are 30

https://pastebin.com/HfL28Zk3

What was even changed in this one?

• 2 months later...

I installed this file on my singleplayer map and it worked great; just waves and waves of zombies all night, but I tried it on a multiplayer server and it doesn't seem to work at all. The 1-zombie trickle is gone, but now I'm just getting one wave of zombies and then nothing for the whole night. What gives?

*DAY 1* ... entered a small town, after running away from a "few to many zeds" in the wilderness

holy crap ... after awhile ( of corralling ) I probably had close to 75 of the F"""ers chasing me up and down the streets

'twas a glorious site to behold as I blew their ass'es up with single gas barrels planted beside dead cars and gas station pumps

Who G.A.F about all the POI loot... it sure was a blast (pardon the pun) watching earth, metal and zombie parts fly thru the air

...mwa ha haaa...

this has always been my favorite early-game tactic for 'releaving' zombie presence if its to much for the amount of arrows I have

MODS are awesome ... even your own ((upped the zombie counts... considerably))

Archived