Quick fix to "boring blood moons"

Guppycur

Works with A16, A16.1, and will likely work throughout.

So, you got all geared up for a blood moon and it ended at 12am, and you left disappointed, am I right?

Well, then THIS may be the mod for you.

All I've done is changed the final wave of the gamestage "trickle", which is default 1, 2 or 3 zombies at a time, to 50 zombies at a time.

So for instance.

Old gamestage 407

Wave 1 uses feralHordeStageGS389, brings 50 zombies, 45 maxAlive at a time. Kill those, or 3 game hours pass, then you get

Wave 2, which uses feralHordeStageGS398, 50 zombie, 45 maxAlive at a time. Kill those, or 3 game hours pass, then you get

Wave 3, which uses feralHordeStage407, 50 zombies, 45 maxAlive at a time. Kill those, or 3 game hours pass, and you get

Wave 4, which uses ZombiesNight, 408 zombies, 1 maxAlive.

...that's ONE FRIKKIN' ZOMBIE AT A TIME. Pathetic, right? I know 408 zombies SOUNDS like a lot, but if they're coming 1 at a time, you're not going to get all 408 before the morning bell rings. You're lucky to get 30.

So, I changed it. Now it's:

Wave 1 uses feralHordeStageGS389, brings 50 zombies, 45 maxAlive at a time. Kill those, or 3 game hours pass, then you get

Wave 2, which uses feralHordeStageGS398, 50 zombie, 45 maxAlive at a time. Kill those, or 3 game hours pass, then you get

Wave 3, which uses feralHordeStage407, 50 zombies, 45 maxAlive at a time. Kill those, or 3 game hours pass, and you get

Wave 4, which uses ZombiesNight, 408 zombies, 50 maxAlive.

NO MORE TRICKLE!

That's 50+50+50+408= 558 zombies to kill at that game stage!

The beauty is, if you suck and don't kill those first 50 zombies before the 3 hours pass, that only brings you to 1am when the next 50 comes, so let's say you don't kill those, that's another 3 hours, which is 4am, so only 100 zombies total possible.

But for those of us that do NOT suck... 558. Same potential zombie count, but not ONE AT A FRIKKIN' TIME.

How to install:

Replace gamestages.xml with this:

https://pastebin.com/q7SnRJju

Mind you, I'm in the video using a rocket launcher to kill them even more quickly, but you see that there is no more trickle.

I /highly/ recommend you go into entitygroups, edit ZombiesNight, and get rid of zombieSteveCrawler. As you'll see in the video, he is beyond useless, and actually contributes to the issue.

Disclaimer: I honestly feel that if copy/pasting is something you do not know how to do, then you probably do not have any business editing your XML files. I do not say this with scorn, I say this to protect you. Editing your XML files if you do not know what you're doing can really screw things up. So, get someone else to do it. =)

Oh yeh, I also got rid of Diminishing Returns, so that if you're in a group, it no longer recalculates your gamestage just because the guy next to you just joined.

Sounds perfect... if you have a Titan X that is. Lol.

Naw, because it's still throttled by the server settings. At All this does is make the 4th wave (which is the largest wave of all anyway) come at you like it always should, like the first few waves do.

It will never give you 50 zombies at a time, unless your "bloodmooncount" is at 50+, AND the total maxAlive on the server is high enough. Which is is never going to be. Ever. =)

So the only net change is it makes the last wave act like the first few waves. No trickle.

Naw, because it's still throttled by the server settings. At All this does is make the 4th wave (which is the largest wave of all anyway) come at you like it always should, like the first few waves do.

It will never give you 50 zombies at a time, unless your "bloodmooncount" is at 50+, AND the total maxAlive on the server is high enough. Which is is never going to be. Ever. =)

So the only net change is it makes the last wave act like the first few waves. No trickle.

Mhh, sounds more reasonable.

I find it funny that we're still trying to fix the horde spawning scarcity issues when there's supposedly a feature that allows you to choose how many zombies you want to have for bloodmoon horde...

I find it funny that we're still trying to fix the horde spawning scarcity issues when there's supposedly a feature that allows you to choose how many zombies you want to have for bloodmoon horde...

Ahh now that's why we had only a dozen zedz per wave ffs >.<

INSTALLED ! :p COUNT AUGMENTED MWUAHAHAH ! Thanks Gully

Yeh it's insane. "We support 64 per player, but uh, the default maxalive is 80, so at our peak settings of 8 players, the real supported count is 10, but uh the last wave is really 1 to 3. So, final answer is 3. You get 3 zombies at a time." Lol.

Yeh it's insane. "We support 64 per player, but uh, the default maxalive is 80, so at our peak settings of 8 players, the real supported count is 10, but uh the last wave is really 1 to 3. So, final answer is 3. You get 3 zombies at a time." Lol.

Yeah, talk about useful options. Lol.

Well... I /thought/ I recorded the last horde night, but unfortunately OBS said "f you"; either way, this mod works well. We had zombies and more zombies galore, well into the morning. It was awesome. Died three times, but cop puke is apparently dangerous. Who knew!

just saying about the Horde:

- don't need to generate 1,000,000 "gamestages" and yet the same "horde groups".

I have enough, at least 10 "horde groups" and 30 "gamestages"... just for the convenience of manual editing...

PS: sorry if someone already talked about this.

Well... despite my inability to remember to record a horde night (or something is not working with the obs hotkey), I'd say horde nights are MUCH better with this mod. This isn't even all of them! =)

20170718132326_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

just saying about the Horde:

- don't need to generate 1,000,000 "gamestages" and yet the same "horde groups".

I have enough, at least 10 "horde groups" and 30 "gamestages"... just for the convenience of manual editing...

PS: sorry if someone already talked about this.

Yeh I've thought about paring them down quite a bit as well, but I'll take on that task once I've re-introduced my UMA collection.

...it really is boring seeing the same old zombies over and over again. Maybe this time though, I'll take the time to group them by difficulty.

GuppyMode

Awesome, lemme know. And the beauty is, it's so simple, you can just tweak the 50 to whatever you feel is appropriate for you and/or your group.

Try his Mod. Or play on His Server. Guppycur is the 7th grade Hard mode in 7d2d. If u managed 6= Hardcore than try 7= Guppymode.

Source: Played with Ze Germans on his Server.

Should work regardless. It's actually a b1 gamestages.xml :)

I'll update the OP, I can see why that's important.

@maatschunat: We're not there yet on the a16 server, but we've got some things cooking that will really make it extremely difficult. Stay tuned. :)

Awesome, lemme know. And the beauty is, it's so simple, you can just tweak the 50 to whatever you feel is appropriate for you and/or your group.

I've done some editing in xmls before, but not in gamestages. I have a few questions if you dont mind :)

1. Is it only the maxAlive="50"/></gamestage> that needs editing if I want to lower the number? I see more occurrences of the maxalive parameter on the same line.

Example (Copied from your xml):

<gamestage stage="19"><spawn group="feralHordeStageGS16" num="17" maxAlive="4" duration="1"/><spawn group="feralHordeStageGS19" num="17" maxAlive="4" duration="1"/><spawn group="ZombiesNight" num="20" maxAlive="50"/></gamestage>

2. How does the parameter in serverconfig.xml , <property name="BloodMoonEnemyCount" value="30" /> affect this? Will this overrule gamestage and give a total of 30 alive zombies at any given time (if possible)?

3. I'm not 100% sure how gamestages work when it comes to the "group" paramter. Do you define the groups in the start and refer to them in the later stages? Like "ZombiesNight?

Thanks

Yeh each line is broken down by waves. Those waves are usually separated by a duration. In your example at the lower gamestages, wave one would have 17 zombies, 4 at a time, reading from an entity group called feralHordeStageGS16. It would last for 1 hour (duration) or until you killed all 17, whichever came first.

The second wave would be the same, except using the feralHordeStageGS19.

That gameatage only has 3 waves, so the third wave would have 20 zombies, 50 at a time. So, all 20 would come at once.

2) Unless the bloodmooncount is say, 10, because it DOES override it. Since it's 30, you must get the full 20. Always the smaller of the numbers.

3) Yes. They're listed in entitygroups.xml, so,if you wanted say only cops and construction workers, you could make a group called zombiesymca and fill it with just those two zombies, and change the gamestages to refer to that group.

You've got it, you just don't realize you do. :)

Archived