not a fan of th wolves

7cyns

is there a way/mod/edit to reduce or eliminate wolves? particularly th large wolves? older fella here and i play an odd game. no zombies. i go to cities and clean them up. get th trash off th streets, repair buildings, replace windows, manicure th lawns, plant trees. i found valmod (for th weed wacker) and started fixin sinks and ovens and replacing lights and excited about painting in th new build, but havin a lil trouble as i keep gettin my ass handed to me by wolves. i know this isn't th spirit of th game, but i'm playin it this way to relax and IMHO th repeated deaths are not as relaxing as one would think.

so how would i go about reducing wolf spawn or eliminating it all together?

In the spawning file like Zourin said, they are listed as hostileanimals and you need to edit their spawns for each biome to change them. Also in the entity files you can edit their speed/health, and under the item file you can edit their attack damage.

I think entitygroups.xml is the easiest way to do this. You don't need to touch any other files. Do a word find for "wolf" and just remove the entities from the relevant groups. That way you don't screw up any other spawns and you get no wolves.

If you need help editing your xml, let me know and I can walk you through it.

Can't wait till we get the Zombie Variants of them. It may be 3 years into different Alpha stages but it never hurts to leave the reminder for the different kickstarter stretchgoals.

350.000,- mountain lions, coyotes, cats ... All animals can turn into zombies too

I think entitygroups.xml is the easiest way to do this. You don't need to touch any other files. Do a word find for "wolf" and just remove the entities from the relevant groups. That way you don't screw up any other spawns and you get no wolves.

If you need help editing your xml, let me know and I can walk you through it.

got a lil overzealous and went for snakes and vultures and i buggered something up. validating and gonna try again with just wolves

lil curious...vultures are listed as zombies and enemies, but toggling no enemy spawn doesn't affect them. they still spawn in a zombieless run. how do i negate this?

..and i play an odd game. no zombies. i go to cities and clean them up. get th trash off th streets, repair buildings, replace windows, manicure th lawns, plant trees. i found valmod (for th weed wacker) and started fixin sinks and ovens and replacing lights and excited about painting in th new build, but havin a lil trouble as i keep gettin my ass handed to me by wolves. i know this isn't th spirit of th game, but i'm playin it this way to relax and IMHO th repeated deaths are not as relaxing as one would think.

OMG, you play exactly the way my dad plays! Each evening after work he would clean up his town bit by bit. If I can get a screenshot for you from his computer I will send it to you. He has made a once derelict town into what he calls his Eden. Its beautiful now with rows of flowers on the sidewalks, rows of trees, green lawns etc. I think its way adorable! Keep it up.

People will destroy it all.

this is a fact. had my wife help a lil. she enjoyed herself. of course, she also enjoyed filling my underwater treehouse with lava and water in minecraft. she's banned...forever...from any game i play

this is a fact. had my wife help a lil. she enjoyed herself. of course, she also enjoyed filling my underwater treehouse with lava and water in minecraft. she's banned...forever...from any game i play

HAHAHA!

That made me laugh.

^_^"

so...a new issue

i have no critters at all. no chickens, rabbits, deer, pigs, etc

somehow i have stopped th spawn of any and all animals, zombie, enemy, or not

what do i do now? i know i can live off of canned food, but rather not

ps - edited my xml and added valmod's b129 mod. can't say that i'm a fan, but th hunger and thirst bars help, as does th working sinks and ovens

- - - Updated - - -

ps - i've dropped th "invisible animal" line from th xml and boosted th stag spawn from .04 to .09, dropped vultures, wolves, and direwolves completely. what else should i do to spawn critters?

• 2 years later...

Every time an alpha is released, I am grateful TFP has not added lava.

As for the OP, that is what I would do when I needed a break from the regular game. I think it was Alpha 16 when I had completely made over Navazgane, well as much as I could. Even replaced all the roads with flagstone. It is relaxing.

Archived