Fear the walking dead

At this point Im more inclined to complain about TWD's last season compared to FTWD.

Agreed. If they don't pick it up in this next coming season I am done. More than half the episodes from this last year felt like a complete waste of my time.

I couldn't get past the first 3 episodes. To me it was as if they decided to bring forth the most annoying characters and put it into one show.

If you can stomach a show that bad, may as well try a zombie flick which just came out called, Breakdown Lane.

As a litmus test of the show's quality part of a scene will be described below,

Woman tries to fix vehicle, has wrench in hand. Ambling man approaches her, she is still unaware of zombie apocalypse. She warns him not to come near! And ends up braining the man.

Wrench excellent clubbing weapon right? No... she stabs the tail end of the wrench through his head instead.

*closes video*

First season was pretty bad. You can pretty much skip it and go to season 2, it gets much better. I'm looking forward to Fear more than the Walking Dead these days.

This for sure.

Fear The Walking Dead currently is the better series.

No way. Nothing beats spoon-in-eye.

It would of been cool until she ruined it by holding that dude hostage threatening she would spoon his eye out if they didn't do what she asked. Seriously? "Stand Back....I have a Spoon!!!!" The show is slowly becoming like Z-Nation. :p I would of bust a cap in her ass after she dropped the spoon. I am alittle biased though since I hate Kim ♥♥♥♥en's character. Maybe if they somehow turn her character into a bad guy then the show might start improving. Imagine a spinoff where the main character was the Govenor?

Fear the Walking Dead is pretty much an exact replica of the latest seasons of TWD - way more focus on the living being the bigger threat, and way more focus on culling those that are on the verge of turning. This is supposed to be a prequel, yet they're already at the point where when someone is bitten, they're already considered dead. That didn't happen in TWD so quickly or casually. And the separation of factions of the living, with people more hunting each other than wiping out the infected, is far more prominent.

FTWD is riding on the coattails of TWD, almost mirroring it with each season. TWD in its earlier seasons was definitely better, and now both series' are more about drama than horror.

I like the Strain, but it has a similar problem.

I like the the way they introduced the threat, and how fast infection was spreading. Urgency, military intervention etc.

FTWD is a complete mess, hard to judge how many days/months its been, characters are boring. Nick, i really thought producers were going to exploit his drug problem, show him struggling, it would be hard for him to go cold turkey, but no, he is the only character who holds his ♥♥♥♥ together. Strand, i dont think producers have a clue what to with him, but hey including a gay man will surely boost ratings.

Also characters are dropping out on their own out of this series, travis' death proves this, he wanted out, leaving writers little time to write something decent. Someone shoots at a helicopter, but hey no need to show who it was or explain why anyone would shoot at an army helicopter??? I just cant see this show improving, 3 seasons and no memorable characters or events

• 3 weeks later...

I agree TWD seems like it is getting kinda stale. & The direction they are taking it is just weird, Ezekiel & the kingdom, a fu*king tiger, the weird ass garbage people....wtf. I do like negan although it just seems like the show is trying to force us to hate him. Dude is a serious d*ck.

I just can't get into FTWD. I don't like any of the actors, especially Nick. The supposed "showing us how it started" was total BS, they didn't show a damn thing. I was starting to actually like Chris & then they kill him off. I'm trying to like the show but just can't.

• 4 weeks later...

FTWD picked up in the first half of season 3. It's still got its problems, but it's gotten to be a better show than the parent right now.....

TWD Season 7 was horrible, I multitasked every episode because there were like 3 scenes worth watching. I think they got too rich and successful, and think everyone that watches is a hardcore fan of the comic (Yes, there's a comic. Yes, it's terrible) which explains the absolutely awful direction the show has taken since S6E01. (And how about that end of S6 cliffhanger?) When a show that takes itself seriously starts to take itself TOO seriously, and fails to develop any sort of plot while wasting your time with filler episode after filler episode.....well, no wonder they're bleeding viewers.

Contrast with:

...The show is slowly becoming like Z-Nation. :p ...

And that's definitely not a bad thing at all! Z-Nation Season 3: (minor spoilers, so obscured this if you're a fan and don't want to hear anything that might ruin it for you):

"They call him The Man". (Yes, really)

*The Man approaches the gate of the barricaded and fortified community, wearing sandals and apparently unarmed. During the zombie apocalypse.

What a badass!*

The Man: Where is he?

*Cut to shot of like 50 people with loaded guns cringing in fear while not shooting the crap out of this interloper*

Heavily Armed But Oddly Fearful People: Not here....go away....please....

The Man: I will be back in 24 hours.

*The Man slowly walks away*

My other favorite scene: The Man is captured, tied up, and handcuffed to a metal chair. There are about 20 people guarding him because he is so badass. Until there's a power outage, which naturally distracts everyone into running outside because that's totally what you do when the power fails. When everyone gets back, The Man is no longer present, having chewed off his own hand. The Leader picks up the hand. One finger is standing up. Guess which one.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived