Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Search Feature request:

Current - When I search for a block, it lists several instances of that block, but I can only choose one at a time to edit.

Request - Multi selecting the search results to allow me to edit the selected ones at once.

...basically I want to swap out all instances of block ID 1436 to block ID 0.

(that ability may be in, but I don't know how to use it)

Request: When searching for blocks, I'd like to hit ENTER to search for the ID's, rather than having to click "Search Block".

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

@Guppycur

Search Feature request:

Current - When I search for a block, it lists several instances of that block, but I can only choose one at a time to edit.

Request - Multi selecting the search results to allow me to edit the selected ones at once.

Mhh again:

left click - Select block from the list

CTLR + left click - Is for multi selection

CTLR + right click - Show block on the grid without selecting it

CTLR + A - Select all blocks

SHIFT + left click - Some kind of multiselection

...basically I want to swap out all instances of block ID 1436 to block ID 0./QUOTE]

Atm. you can only replace blocks. You cannot change all block IDs 1436 to 0 and all air block to ID 1436 within one single step.

Request: When searching for blocks, I'd like to hit ENTER to search for the ID's, rather than having to click "Search Block".

Ok, perhaps not too hard to implement.

Bug: When loading a new prefab, the old prefab name shows in the upper-left title bar until I hover over the blocks in the 2D representation.

Ok, thanks for the report.

Request: When loading a new prafab, a warning about not having saved the prior prefab would be nice.

That's basically another bug. You should get a warning.

Quality of Life Request:

When going to the Search Tab, please have it run the Search function on whatever data is stored there, whenever the tab is loaded.

What do you mean 'whenever the tab is loaded'?

@Spectral Force

Hey Pille. Haven't updated your editor in some time as I've been on break from playing. Did you ever look into the random gen mazes and dungeons like Hal's had?

Yeah but it's still not implemented yet, sorry. Read my two weeks old reply ;) :

Roadmap (A16 + A17):

There will be a few more quality of life updates, a new custom brush tool and randomly generated prefabs.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

So many keyboard combos... Like blender... Too complicated...

Um, tab reload... When clicking on the search tab, please have it function as the search BUTTON does. Right now, it will show the previous search, even if the results changed due to an edit.

So many keyboard combos... Like blender... Too complicated...

Maybe you're just getting old. ;p

Um, tab reload... When clicking on the search tab, please have it function as the search BUTTON does. Right now, it will show the previous search, even if the results changed due to an edit.

That's a nice suggestion. I am going to add a checkbox for it.

Edit:

Although, it makes the GUI even more complicated because it introduces a further concept... ^^

Editing blocks should automatically update the search tab. I think that would be the most 'natural' solution.

• 1 month later...

@Pille or GuppyCur. I have an issue with the Tools/Advanced window. Whichever resolution my pc is set at (it is normally at 1360 x 768), the Exchanger window is too big for the screen. I have to keep switching to higher display resolutions over and over to get one that works, and when I do, all other windows (eg, browser windows) are now fuzzy. I then have to switch resolution back again to see my browser windows properly. Obviously this is a bit of a pain. Is there any way you could make that "Exchanger" window resizable? Thanks!

@Pille or GuppyCur. I have an issue with the Tools/Advanced window. Whichever resolution my pc is set at (it is normally at 1360 x 768), the Exchanger window is too big for the screen. I have to keep switching to higher display resolutions over and over to get one that works, and when I do, all other windows (eg, browser windows) are now fuzzy. I then have to switch resolution back again to see my browser windows properly. Obviously this is a bit of a pain. Is there any way you could make that "Exchanger" window resizable? Thanks!

The GUI wasn't designed with low screen resolutions in mind (quite the opposite^^) but maybe there's an easy fix for your problem. To be honest, I hadn't planned to release another patch before A17 but I am going to rethink my decision. So ... there could be a new patch tomorrow or by thursday. ;)

That is what I am thinking - some fixed setting. Can it be edited, I wonder?

By the user? No.

Update Time!!!

Changelog v0.46

- fixed: in certain cases, the texture selection window didn't resize correctly/automatically

- improved compatibility with low resolution displays: i've reduced the minimal width of most of the windows and there are new options in the option menu: 'Enable high dpi scaling', 'use high dpi pixmaps' and 'GUI scale factor'.

BE CAREFUL WHEN USING THESE OPTIONS! WRONG SETTINGS MAY RENDER THE EDITOR USELESS.^^ You can manually reset the editor though by deleting the Zombie.ini file (location: Zombie/settings/Zombie Coop/Zombie.ini). Or just delete these 3 lines in the ini file and restart the editor if something bad happens to the GUI:

highDpiScaling=...

highDpiPixmaps=...

guiScaleFactor=...

I recommend to enable the high dpi scaling option and high dpi pixmaps. The option GUI scale factor sets a scale factor for the whole application. Lower numbers means smaller text fields and fonts. Values below 0.5 apparently doesn't work.

@LibbyA

I am not sure that the patch will fix your problem but you should give it a try.^^ I guess it's a good idea to set the 'GUI scale factor' to 0.5. Please let me know if that works.

@Guppycur

Aside from installing a new monitor? I dunno. Pille?

Hopefully, it is possible now. :)

Well I got it downloaded and installed, and I set the GUI scale factor to 0.5, to 0.7 and to 0.9 and none worked. They basically all gave me a blankish screen, ad I had to re-set the editor each time. So, I guess for me, it's a new monitor!

Thank you so much for trying, Pille!

Well I got it downloaded and installed, and I set the GUI scale factor to 0.5, to 0.7 and to 0.9 and none worked. They basically all gave me a blankish screen, ad I had to re-set the editor each time. So, I guess for me, it's a new monitor!

Thank you so much for trying, Pille!

Don't worry this was just my first attempt to fix the problem. :D I am going to prepare another update very soon (2 or 3 days)... Oh forgot to ask, do you use Windows 7?

I am using Windows 10. One of the issues with Windows 10 is that it won't let you set your own scaling below 100% as you used to be able to. That would probably solve the issue in one step! I look forward to trying the new update when it comes. :)

EDIT: since I have an nVidia 1070, I managed to play around with the custom resolutions and found one that is workable for the time being. I had to adjust the zoom on web pages, but at least now I can see all of your program! :)

Edited by LibbyA (see edit history)

EDIT: since I have an nVidia 1070, I managed to play around with the custom resolutions and found one that is workable for the time being. I had to adjust the zoom on web pages, but at least now I can see all of your program! :)

A resolution of 1360 x 768 and a nVidia 1070? That's an exotic combination. :)

A resolution of 1360 x 768 and a nVidia 1070? That's an exotic combination. :)

Haha, right? My pc itself is awesome but I've been using a tv, with limited res, always meaning to get a better monitor. The tv gives me a great screen for games, but not so much for programs like Pille's editor :p I have decided to get myself a new monitor soon, but.. the good news is, in the meantime, this update is perfectamundo! And you sir, are a star! And a genius! And I am a happy bunny! :D

Edited by LibbyA (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Pille,

From the numbers in the xml you'd need a block damage greater than 500 million (after all multipliers). I can't think of anything that would get you that high without modding xml or code. Maybe a telnet command if you have access?