[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

Really wish i could of finished but oh well time ran short with real life bugging me. So first off remember its built with snow and only so much you can do with snow.

Map seed: what

Difficulty: survivalist

Zombies run: default

Aggression: normal

Day length; 16hr

60 mins = 24 hr

Cheat mode : off

Would have loved to see the tip of your iron tower. Is there a eaglesnest or is a just an antenna? And yes, your glassframed fires are great!

Would have loved to see the tip of your iron tower. Is there a eaglesnest or is a just an antenna? And yes, your glassframed fires are great!

It's an "English" thing that I kind of got used to while I was there. Beer is in the chest at room temperature (though in this build room temperature can be pretty frigid!) Some of the blueberry pies (just 100) are still in the oven being kept warm. The rest are in the fridge waiting to be heated up. Need cows so we can get milk plus beets to make sugar, and I could make them a'la mode

Was suppose to have a small nest on top, there was suppose to also be a green house and furniture in the actual house. I had so much left to do, it sucks adulting.

Final Build: Fortress Of Solitude/Private /Game/Default except 120 min days and zombies never run

This build completed with lots of help. Still waiting on furnace guy to hook up my heating system, and plumber to fix the frozen pipes.

Pay attention to the last room-hope you get it!

Sorry about no audio, headset was acting up.

Nice build!

[WIP]

Started with

120 minute 18 hour days

Zombies always walk

Nomad

Ended with zombie spawning off.

The initial portion was my starting crafting room with scream trap. I did the two rows.of spikes on top because crawlers go right through horizontal poles, so I had to make sure they were softened before getting down there. With the spike pit in the main base done, my initial pit will be closed off.

The next room is my current storage room meek, but works for now. The door way in the wooden hall woild be the mine, but I haven't needed to start it yet. Next is the bottom layer of the main base. The bottom floor will be for crafting. My forge room has 10 forged. 4 dedicated to concrete mix. 4 dedicated to iron/steel One for lead/glass, and one brass.

The two empty rooms will be for weapon/armor/ammo & health items. The brick plating was an idea I grabbed from Skippy. Had it not been for the rounded blocks in the center, I might have plasted the halls, as well.

The second floor is stairs, and killing floor. I'll throw some storage near the center in each room so that you can empty inventory quickly. I am trying quarter.blocks to see if they can get through those. I opted for horizontal to hopefully keep z heads out of the block.

The next floor up will be the living space. Bedroom, living room, and kitchen. The top will be minibike parking and a farm. I also planned to put up an outer wall consisting of ramps going every which way with walkways attached, but that will have to come later.

I am.going to finish this build so watch the strut your stuff area for the completed build.

[WIP]

Started with

120 minute 18 hour days

Zombies always walk

Nomad

Ended with zombie spawning off.

The initial portion was my starting crafting room with scream trap. I did the two rows.of spikes on top because crawlers go right through horizontal poles, so I had to make sure they were softened before getting down there. With the spike pit in the main base done, my initial pit will be closed off.

The next room is my current storage room meek, but works for now. The door way in the wooden hall woild be the mine, but I haven't needed to start it yet. Next is the bottom layer of the main base. The bottom floor will be for crafting. My forge room has 10 forged. 4 dedicated to concrete mix. 4 dedicated to iron/steel One for lead/glass, and one brass.

The two empty rooms will be for weapon/armor/ammo & health items. The brick plating was an idea I grabbed from Skippy. Had it not been for the rounded blocks in the center, I might have plasted the halls, as well.

The second floor is stairs, and killing floor. I'll throw some storage near the center in each room so that you can empty inventory quickly. I am trying quarter.blocks to see if they can get through those. I opted for horizontal to hopefully keep z heads out of the block.

The next floor up will be the living space. Bedroom, living room, and kitchen. The top will be minibike parking and a farm. I also planned to put up an outer wall consisting of ramps going every which way with walkways attached, but that will have to come later.

I am.going to finish this build so watch the strut your stuff area for the completed build.

I liked the look of your build and will be eagerly watching for your video of the finished base; such a shame you had a collapse but I'm glad you posted your work in progress. When I saw all those forges though, I had to wonder how big a heat map that would generate.

I liked the look of your build and will be eagerly watching for your video of the finished base; such a shame you had a collapse but I'm glad you posted your work in progress. When I saw all those forges though, I had to wonder how big a heat map that would generate.

I am sure it is a huge heat map. Running just the auger was calling in screamers. I had put that room together after the collapse knowing if have to crank out resources, and that's why I decided to turn off the zombies. Ifnit was going to have any chance of making the deadline, I couldn't stop every few moments to dispatch a screamer. Once the base is complete, and I may keep going in this world just to use that forge room to compile supplies. The nerve of spikes on the floor above should handle the screamers for me.

Results are in!

Most Creative - Damselx1 - who was also using creative mode this time round! I love the clean fancy design of the building! And that moat was impressive! If even a little intimidating!

Most Badass - Sandman - That was an impressive build! And that last room lol! While I don't accept bribes, I will certainly happily eat bribes ^_^ Luckily I was alone in the office when I started laughing at my desk!

Overall Winner - J2Dank - for Winter Wonderhold! Such an unusual build (my heart lept a bit when you looked over into the pit at the start, for sure expected you to fall!) I loved the use of the sculpted stone! (that should come in handy for the next build too! ;) ) So many great elements to the build!

Congrats and well done all!

Also a special mention for NootCase - That build was seriously kick ass! Thank you for posting the WIP anyway, it was great to see! I look forward to seeing the completed version on the other thread :)

Keep an eye out for the extended Holiday Challenge I'll be posting soon!

Clare

Results are in!

Most Creative - Damselx1 - who was also using creative mode this time round! I love the clean fancy design of the building! And that moat was impressive! If even a little intimidating!

Most Badass - Sandman - That was an impressive build! And that last room lol! While I don't accept bribes, I will certainly happily eat bribes ^_^ Luckily I was alone in the office when I started laughing at my desk!

Overall Winner - J2Dank - for Winter Wonderhold! Such an unusual build (my heart lept a bit when you looked over into the pit at the start, for sure expected you to fall!) I loved the use of the sculpted stone! (that should come in handy for the next build too! ;) ) So many great elements to the build!

Congrats and well done all!

Also a special mention for NootCase - That build was seriously kick ass! Thank you for posting the WIP anyway, it was great to see! I look forward to seeing the completed version on the other thread :)

Keep an eye out for the extended Holiday Challenge I'll be posting soon!

Clare

Wooo!

-Dances like a complete idiot-

Congrats to those who participated.

And next time Clare, ill jump just for ya.

For now yes. It's likely something that won't happen forever, but right now upside down spikes still do damage.

Hey as long as they fix the zombies hiding there heads in them i would have no problem getting rid of upside down spikes. But until then leave it alone :D

[Dec 2017 -Jan 2018] - Wardens of the Safe Zone Build

This is an extra long Builders Challenge for 2 reasons...

1 - It spans the holidays and will help reset our date to the end of the month again

2 - I'm not around over the holidays to judge so it's a great excuse to try something big!

This is a build that is going to span the map, so I am allowing Navezgane as it is so much smaller, and most players are used to it. However if you definitely don't want to use it, you can use "WardenZ"

What will you be building? Do you remember the two Sphinx Guardians in The Never Ending Story, or the The Gates of Argonath from The Lord of the Rings? I'm looking for a large build of wardens to fend of the Zombie scourge. In this scenario survivors would truly believe this could help them, and over time may grow depend on them for stability in society.

You are welcome to interpret "Warden" however you like - A statue, a stone structure / tower, a symbolic construct, a large obelisk or megalith? the choice is yours!

The catch? it's a longer build, so, I want to see four of them. One for the North, South, East and west. Ideally just after the rad Zone. (this is why I'm suggesting Navezgane).

Map Name: Navezgane Map (smaller) or WardenZ

Deadline: Jan 26th 2018 (can re-evaluate date if you need more time when I return from the holidays)

"WHO DARES TO ENTER THE SAFE ZONE?"

*hazmat suit* "It's me, Frank, I'm just bringing back some blueberries..."

"I'M SORRY FRANK. I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU IN THE SUIT... PLEASE ENTER"

"No worries big guy" *walks through* "how're the kids?"

"NUMEROUS AND BELLIGERENT"

Be warned: The Gates of Argonath or not possible, because of the stretched out left arms (me fool tried it). Hope i can participate this time. And Clare: I wish you nice, well deserved holidays!

Eep! Support your wardens accordingly!

And thanks much! ^_^

[Dec 2017 -Jan 2018] - Wardens of the Safe Zone Build

This is an extra long Builders Challenge for 2 reasons...

1 - It spans the holidays and will help reset our date to the end of the month again

2 - I'm not around over the holidays to judge so it's a great excuse to try something big!

This is a build that is going to span the map, so I am allowing Navezgane as it is so much smaller, and most players are used to it. However if you definitely don't want to use it, you can use "WardenZ"

What will you be building? Do you remember the two Sphinx Guardians in The Never Ending Story, or the The Gates of Argonath from The Lord of the Rings? I'm looking for a large build of wardens to fend of the Zombie scourge. In this scenario survivors would truly believe this could help them, and over time may grow depend on them for stability in society.

You are welcome to interpret "Warden" however you like - A statue, a stone structure / tower, a symbolic construct, a large obelisk or megalith? the choice is yours!

The catch? it's a longer build, so, I want to see four of them. One for the North, South, East and west. Ideally just after the rad Zone. (this is why I'm suggesting Navezgane).

Map Name: Navezgane Map (smaller) or WardenZ

Deadline: Jan 26th 2018 (can re-evaluate date if you need more time when I return from the holidays)

"WHO DARES TO ENTER THE SAFE ZONE?"

*hazmat suit* "It's me, Frank, I'm just bringing back some blueberries..."

"I'M SORRY FRANK. I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU IN THE SUIT... PLEASE ENTER"

"No worries big guy" *walks through* "how're the kids?"

"NUMEROUS AND BELLIGERENT"

Looks like i need to watch these movies so i can get the reference. I am participating as soon as i watch these movies and figure out what to build :p

I'd like to try this one, am I reading correctly that we need to build in the rad area?

I believe the idea is not to build in the rad area, but near or adjacent to. The idea is the wardens somehow protect the area from the zombie scourge, giving the inhabitants the chance to cleanse the area of existing zombies and thus have a safe zone. The rad zone has always been a no go area. At least that's my take on it.

I believe the idea is not to build in the rad area, but near or adjacent to. The idea is the wardens somehow protect the area from the zombie scourge, giving the inhabitants the chance to cleanse the area of existing zombies and thus have a safe zone. The rad zone has always been a no go area. At least that's my take on it.

To add to this, we are not going to have just a singular build, but four. On at the edge of map to the north, on at the edge of the map to the south, one to the east and one to the west.

To add to this, we are not going to have just a singular build, but four. On at the edge of map to the north, on at the edge of the map to the south, one to the east and one to the west.

Wait wait wait so every location has to be the same warden? Boooooo D:

Archived