[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

Go figure! Seeing as this is an underground challenge, I decided on a spot to build near a small town. Hadn't done much looting yet, as I was looking for a build site. Laid down my a temp shelter and cruised down to the town, hoping for a few items, like a few couches and shopping carts. First place of interest was a Crack a Book. Now, lately my luck has given me little more than paper and schematics for guns I have no parts for, but I went in anyway.

First bookshelf didn't disappoint, 60 paper and leather leg armor. Second one was the pistol book, yep, figures. Third was... hey I've been looking for this in my other game for three weeks, a minibike book. And the forth had another one! Well, I should have been on cloud nine, day two, and a minibike book in hand, plus a spare one but I was really thinking it kinda sucked, because I was going underground, and a minibike wasn't that vital.

I hit the two Shotgun Mess that were next door, and walked out with enough weapons and ammo to rearm the entire Israeli Army. Okay, maybe not but I did walk out with an smg, a shotgun, and two, yes that's right two sniper rifles as well as most of the parts for a hunting rifle along with almost a hundred rounds of ammo.

Anyway, good day 2, even though I accidentally set it to 50 min days and had to burn up half the ammo while running back to the temp base. Now all I need is a good pic axe, and a shovel that doesn't break when you accidentally use it to decapitate a z.

Life is good!

Nice!

Trader at 2790 N 315 E

Thank you for that, nice and close to town, just what I needed.

Few more co-ords for anyone that wants them:

Military camps (type with the sandbags) at 437S 283W and 617S 680E

Well equipped town in maple forest (including water sources) at 2104N 739E

Trader (on edge of wasteland) at 1149S 884W

OK so its about time i tried one of these builder challenges < so whats the scoop underground bunker ?!?!? ok , one question open MP game ? Private game? or player choice ?that's the only question i have

Underground or underwater - your choice.

Player choice on the type of map.

I play private multiplayer so that friends can come and go. Last challenge I had 5 or 6 different friends join, stay awhile, and then leave. LOL nobody sticks around and helps build.

MINI ANNOUNCEMENT!

I'm away from the 23rd of Oct for 2 weeks, which means I miss the deadline of the challenge! Soooooo I was thinking I would extend the challenge 'til I'm back so ye can use this time to be even moooore impressive, or, if you so wish, you can take this time to build a interesting entrance to your underground abode :)

Enjoy your break. (Hope it's a vacation.) Will have to bake up some pies for the judging when you get back. (Not really a bribe, but.... All I can say is I have an entire garden dedicated to blueberries!)

I am intrigued by this garden... lol!

And thanks ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

[FINAL BUILD] [PS4] [Easy(ish) Settings] [solo Build] Underground Base

So here it is, my finished underground base.

I started with a small shaft (now filled in) and dug out a small area to get me started - this was extended, the majority of it becoming the main corridor of my base. I dug out the pit then added the cage and production/crafting area directly underneath to draw the zombies into the pit area - it worked very well. I connected it to the passage and added a storeroom, then the farm and living quarters, plus a mine. The trees above the pit make a nice little tree farm.

The settings were:

Difficulty - Adventurer

Zombies never run

Normal Aggression

Daylight set to 18 hours

Loot respawn - 5 days

Loot abundance - 200%

Airdrops - 72 hours

24 hours - 120 minutes till day 14, then down to 60 minutes

Creative mode turned off

Everything else as default

I started with a small shaft (now filled in) and dug out a small area to get me started - this was extended, the majority of it becoming the main corridor of my base. I dug out the pit then added the cage and production/crafting area directly underneath to draw the zombies into the pit area - it worked very well. I connected it to the passage and added a storeroom, then the farm and living quarters, plus a mine. The trees above the pit make a nice little tree farm.

The settings were:

Difficulty - Adventurer

Zombies never run

Normal Aggression

Daylight set to 18 hours

Loot respawn - 5 days

Loot abundance - 200%

Airdrops - 72 hours

Creative mode turned off

Awesome! Did you dig a giant hole where the trees are and replace the dirt on top once everything was built back up?

Awesome! Did you dig a giant hole where the trees are and replace the dirt on top once everything was built back up?

I did; there was a good sized (and deep) clay deposit there so I dug it all out and squared it off to make the pit - didn't have to collect any more clay for the rest of the challenge. I built up the cage and once I could add steel reinforcement, I built up the overhang.

I did; there was a good sized (and deep) clay deposit there so I dug it all out and squared it off to make the pit - didn't have to collect any more clay for the rest of the challenge. I built up the cage and once I could add steel reinforcement, I built up the overhang.

Nice. I started mine 10 days ago using creative. I'm hoping to have it done this weekend since we have the time thanks to Clare getting the vacation she deserves.

[Final build] Easy Creative.

Day length - 120 minutes.

The challenge was to build a bunker style base.

Due to time constraints I opted to go with creative for my build. Days were set to 120 minutes

I start at the main entrance and the main horde day staging area which is the drop pit under the drawbridge. Under the draw pit would be the initial crafting area making the drop pit a screamer trap as well. I also have the space below the spikes to repair and replace as needed.

The main entrance is a bit of a funnel design and in place should zeds make it passed the drop pit. I have loot drop chests just beyond the main combat area of the main entrance.

More natural corridors connect the different areas of this bunker. I did try to make sure the head lamps would only be optional throughout.

All the areas of the base connect to the main living area. This area includes bedrooms the armory, a sitting area, and connect dining and kitchen. Off the kitchen is the under ground garden with secondary emergency exit.

The terraced nature of the farm is mean to mimic the levels of ground on the surface. While there are oobly 6 plots the farm should yield enough crop to allow rotation of what is grown.

I also made a defensible entrance here since there is access to the outside world here.

On the opposite side of the living area is the stairs to bedrock. To be honest, I goofed a bit here. I should have had the defensible entrance on the other side of the secondary crafting and storage rooms. I also should have mad a more narrow walk way that widened as it dropped fft to the spike pit below. Time kept me from going back and fixing that.

Another secondary entrance is on the opposite side of this crafting area. This is the only place in the base that requires a player held or worn light. Deeper still is the mine. I woild have gone deeper with the mine, but time...

The settings were:

Difficulty - Adventurer

Zombies never run

Normal Aggression

Daylight set to 18 hours

Loot respawn - 5 days

Loot abundance - 200%

Airdrops - 72 hours

Creative mode turned off

Is there an easier way to clear all the plants? Or did you do that by hand?

Is there an easier way to clear all the plants? Or did you do that by hand?

I did it by hand, either my punching/chopping them out, or by placing wooden frames to flatten the ground and remove the grass in the process. On another world, since I had a ton of supplies, I loaded up with exploding crossbow bolts and shot at the ground from a safe vantage point - was quite effective and a lot of fun at the time, though I forgot I had them loaded when I went to loot something, caught the trigger unintentionally and blew myself up.

Archived