[Console] Builder Challanges

Clare

Getting frustrated. After hours of searching, settled upon a forge house located conveniently at a crossroads near three different towns. Started the terracing for the gardens, then while waiting on materials, decided to examine the house itself. Lo and behold, cannot seem to find blocks to match the existing blocks on the forge house. The closest seems to be flagstone, but it isn't quite the same, and has less than half the durability. Not that I care about durability, but the look is a bit different. Anyone know what kind of blocks those are?

Getting frustrated. After hours of searching, settled upon a forge house located conveniently at a crossroads near three different towns. Started the terracing for the gardens, then while waiting on materials, decided to examine the house itself. Lo and behold, cannot seem to find blocks to match the existing blocks on the forge house. The closest seems to be flagstone, but it isn't quite the same, and has less than half the durability. Not that I care about durability, but the look is a bit different. Anyone know what kind of blocks those are?

I thought they were flagstone - they are probably adobe with flagstone painted over them - could have a look for them in creative mode.

Settled on the flagstone blocks as they seemed the closest to the originals. Now if only one of the traders ever get decent doors, a sink, and a stove!

Been harvesting as much fertilizer as I can from the burnt biomes as making it is a real pain. Got two chem stations that I picked up running non-stop, getting ready to fire up the cement mixers as well, but it takes so much nitrate! Farming is a real pain!

That being said, my brewery is getting ready to start, just waiting on the hops to be ready. Then all I need is a satellite dish so I can hack the movie channel!

I did wonder today if the blocks were brick - might be able to make them in the forge (it's not the decayed one, but the other one - I think). I got a close up look at them today and am sure I've seen these blocks somewhere in the menu.

The texture and hit points say brick, but the color is all wrong. (Not red) Alas, I like the look of the white stonework, and have already done all the repairs except the steps, so I hope it isn't an issue! Just wish I could do a thatch roof, then it would look a lot like the place I lived at near Thetford.

The texture and hit points say brick, but the color is all wrong. (Not red) Alas, I like the look of the white stonework, and have already done all the repairs except the steps, so I hope it isn't an issue! Just wish I could do a thatch roof, then it would look a lot like the place I lived at near Thetford.

I've wished for thatch roof as well - it would have looked great on a few of my builds.

You're a bit further on than me - I've just done my first blood moon and I'm still in a temporary base. I've been scouting around the area and have a few places to choose from - think I'm going to have the forge house with a nice view of the lake and a hill behind that has possibilities for a mine entrance.

I've wished for thatch roof as well - it would have looked great on a few of my builds.

You're a bit further on than me - I've just done my first blood moon and I'm still in a temporary base. I've been scouting around the area and have a few places to choose from - think I'm going to have the forge house with a nice view of the lake and a hill behind that has possibilities for a mine entrance.

The one with the campsite nearby? I was considering that one but chose the one north of the same town. Like the view of the roads- traffic for my vegetable stand lol!

The one with the campsite nearby? I was considering that one but chose the one north of the same town. Like the view of the roads- traffic for my vegetable stand lol!

Yes, I think that's the one - southeast(ish) of the town. I nearly chose the north west one - that was the first one I found but realised how close the wasteland was, plus didn't like the lie of the ground around there. I did consider a couple of log cabins but the lake view won it for me. Plus I'm close to the desert and burnt forest so there's plenty of supplies available to me.

How's everyone getting on this month? :)

Getting really frustrated with the traders. I keep telling them I need a new kitchen sink, and they keep trying to sell me steel polish. For cripe sake, my house is made of wood and stone! Ended up replacing the "Painted brick" walls with flagstone, just to keep the same basic look as we don't have the actual blocks available to match, which sucked cause I had to replace all the blocks, not just the damaged ones. Horde nights have been disappointing (see my post in bug reports) but the build itself is going good. Most of the garden is up and running, just waiting on enough chrysanthimums to make the red roof for the barn. A bathtub would be nice as well, a real, claw foot cast iron one, but that doesn't seem likely.

Getting really frustrated with the traders. I keep telling them I need a new kitchen sink, and they keep trying to sell me steel polish. For cripe sake, my house is made of wood and stone! Ended up replacing the "Painted brick" walls with flagstone, just to keep the same basic look as we don't have the actual blocks available to match, which sucked cause I had to replace all the blocks, not just the damaged ones. Horde nights have been disappointing (see my post in bug reports) but the build itself is going good. Most of the garden is up and running, just waiting on enough chrysanthimums to make the red roof for the barn. A bathtub would be nice as well, a real, claw foot cast iron one, but that doesn't seem likely.

I have the same issue with the blocks - I was going to replace the stairs but I can't decide whether to replace the rest so it matches, or leave it with the crumbly brickwork and go for a rustic look.

I have the same issue with the blocks - I was going to replace the stairs but I can't decide whether to replace the rest so it matches, or leave it with the crumbly brickwork and go for a rustic look.

I'm pretty new to 7D2D, but what I have messed with so far those blocks are either cobblestone or flagstone because you can repair them to their full strength with cobblestone, and the upgrade goes to concrete. While their full strength is weaker than the same blocks we can build new and they look different, I just consider it age and degradation.:smile-new:

I'm pretty new to 7D2D, but what I have messed with so far those blocks are either cobblestone or flagstone because you can repair them to their full strength with cobblestone, and the upgrade goes to concrete. While their full strength is weaker than the same blocks we can build new and they look different, I just consider it age and degradation.:smile-new:

The bricks currently around the bottom of my forge house are only available through creative. It's possible they are cobblestone or flagstone but painted to look different; you can use cobblestone to repair a few different blocks so it's hard to tell.

A part of me likes the crumbling blocks, part of me wants to tidy it up.

The bricks currently around the bottom of my forge house are only available through creative. It's possible they are cobblestone or flagstone but painted to look different; you can use cobblestone to repair a few different blocks so it's hard to tell.

A part of me likes the crumbling blocks, part of me wants to tidy it up.

I went with the flagstone just because of the appearance and to be honest, it's hard to tell the difference from a distance. Had thought about just gutting the inside and making it into a fortress on the inside but decided I wanted to try more of a "Homestead" approach. Sure there are zombies, and sure it gets annoying replacing the stuff they break, but by gosh, my xbox don't work anyway so might as well mix up some cobblestone and fix those holes. Just wish the dang chicken I enclosed would have stayed around. A pet would be nice!

I went with the flagstone just because of the appearance and to be honest, it's hard to tell the difference from a distance. Had thought about just gutting the inside and making it into a fortress on the inside but decided I wanted to try more of a "Homestead" approach. Sure there are zombies, and sure it gets annoying replacing the stuff they break, but by gosh, my xbox don't work anyway so might as well mix up some cobblestone and fix those holes. Just wish the dang chicken I enclosed would have stayed around. A pet would be nice!

Did you replace all the brickwork or just the crumbly bits?

Man, that was close! Finished building my "cement pond" and was off to haul water to fill it (the first time I regretted not picking the other forge house). Halfway there, the game did that "I'm screwing with you" buzz/freeze and I responded quickly. Did the whole delete/resync, and off to the races. Got to the lake, filled all 36 buckets of water, and headed back. When I walked up the stairs to the "cement pond" an epitath escaped my lips, as the entire patio was covered in a sheet of sloping prairie. Now, the first thought was "F----in MD5 but then, I realized that the area didn't look anything like it had originally, it was just a slope of prairie grass.

As I stepped onto it, I literally walked right through it and it disappeared. Dumped the buckets of water, and headed back to the lake shaking my head. Well, three trips later and it does it every time I reload. Looked everywhere for that "bit of dirt" that would cause it but nothing, plus that area had been excavated for two weeks game time already as it was part of my first prep. Having to haul 256 buckets of water and the pond stil ain't full is frustrating enough, but having that dirt continually appear every time that section loads has me worried. Hope it goes away rather than making my yard go away.

BTW, Damsel I drove by your place and left you a present because you weren't home! lol!

Was wondering when you were going to start your remodel as the house looks just like it did the first time I went by.

Man, that was close! Finished building my "cement pond" and was off to haul water to fill it (the first time I regretted not picking the other forge house). Halfway there, the game did that "I'm screwing with you" buzz/freeze and I responded quickly. Did the whole delete/resync, and off to the races. Got to the lake, filled all 36 buckets of water, and headed back. When I walked up the stairs to the "cement pond" an epitath escaped my lips, as the entire patio was covered in a sheet of sloping prairie. Now, the first thought was "F----in MD5 but then, I realized that the area didn't look anything like it had originally, it was just a slope of prairie grass.

As I stepped onto it, I literally walked right through it and it disappeared. Dumped the buckets of water, and headed back to the lake shaking my head. Well, three trips later and it does it every time I reload. Looked everywhere for that "bit of dirt" that would cause it but nothing, plus that area had been excavated for two weeks game time already as it was part of my first prep. Having to haul 256 buckets of water and the pond stil ain't full is frustrating enough, but having that dirt continually appear every time that section loads has me worried. Hope it goes away rather than making my yard go away.

BTW, Damsel I drove by your place and left you a present because you weren't home! lol!

Was wondering when you were going to start your remodel as the house looks just like it did the first time I went by.

I had that same graphical issue on a build I did on our shared survival map - I had dug out a trench around my base (inner square was 27x27 blocks) which went down around 10 blocks then gradually sloped out. To start with, the trench was fine, but then once the walls were in (I used cobblestone) I started to have problems - I could see the top of my wall but the trench looked filled in. It would vanish after a few second of arriving at base, but it did freak me out the first time it happened. I thought it had completely filled in. How big is your pool?

Aww, thank you for my gift - and on my birthday too!

I have started renovating finally; I added a small extension, have changed most of the brickwork to flagstone, dug out a cellar and am now wondering how important the wood staircase is to the structural integrity of the upper floor. Might just take my axe to it, in the spirit of enquiry. I want to completely remodel the place.

Okay, so after 11 trips to the lake the pool is finally filled and the diving platform installed. If anybody pees in the pool I'm gonna be mad as heck.

Still waiting on the traders to get a decent sink in, and a stove would be nice. Every time I ask for a claw foot tub they just laugh. I'm beginning to think they don't bathe!

The garden is doing great, well more than great. Got about 1/3 fertilized and decided I really don't need that much so I'm putting up a veggie stand. I've got more potatoes, mushrooms, corn, etc than I know what to do with, but it does look nice from my patio. Getting ready to test an idea. I planted yucca all the way around the outer wall, just to see how z's react to it. Wish I could grow actual cactus, just to watch them walk into it. Am curious if they will attack the yucca or just stand there scratching their heads.

The still is up and running, so if you're in the neighborhood, I've got plenty of moonshine, beer, and Goldenrod tea for the wimps. The blueberry pie is a little scarce as I can't get the traders to sell me any chickens and (Burp!) I ate the last one in my yard.:chargrined:

Completely gutted the interior of the house, and getting frustrated as I wait for the new cabinets to be made, still no sink, and the outhouse is getting pretty ripe (gonna have to tear that down soon)

If anyone's interested I have a slightly abused late model "Harley" with only a few dents and dings for sale cheap. Only driven back and forth to church by a little old lady, really!

On a more serious note, the graphic issue is really getting on my nerves. I can't find any "bits of dirt" that could be causing it yet every time that area loads, it's covered in prairie grass. I have also placed down some sod for the first time, hoping for a nice green grass area but it just looks like dirt with faint lines in it. Really nothing like grass. Oh, and the wedge/wedge tips are still in need of work. Can't make a wedge/wedge tip shingle block or redwood, plus the rotations are still missing; frustrating!

Archived