Bored

Pants Onion

GIVE ME COMPANY!

I saw a few videos of a modded version with people you could hit and they'd follow you around. Seemed pretty neat. A follower system sounds useful but I'm not sure how it'd feel or play. I definitely like the idea though. Wouldn't mind some NPC company in-game for sure.

Definitely looking forward to the pain system though!

There is always multiplayer and real life to keep you occupied. Barring that, tinker with the XML files to change things up a bit. I don't think TFP feels off track on their progress and what they're working on. We will get bandits and NPCs but not for A16 and probably not even for A17. Water improvements is another thing many people are asking for. I think TFP is doing a great job of looking at where their game is at, how fun it is to play, community input, and laying out a game plan that gets them to release without ruining the game in the meantime.

There is always multiplayer and real life to keep you occupied.

Real life is overrated. I just need them to introduce NPCs that you can recruit. Then you can find that lonely survivor girl/guy and after winning them over with gifts of sham and murky water, you can go to the ruined church and get married and begin repopulating the wasteland! I am so totally not wanting to create an army of zombie eradication warriors that all look up to and obey me............ Why would you even think that????

Lol, just kidding of course, though the idea of more varieties of npcs especially in SP is definitely and exciting one. I am however, content to wait until TFP have time to flesh out the npc system

How about anything?

Drop the paint brushes and hammer out some raiders and NPC's. It's a lonely game. GIVE ME COMPANY!

Welcome to the forum.

Bored already? Ok how about turn up difficulty to max and set zombies always run.

Still too easy, ok how about have no base... or only use stone axe for mining/repairing/digging? ... or set up main base in burnt forest or snow biome?

Tried multiplayer with friends or strangers?

Lastly as already mentioned there are mods out there. Try them out.

Drop the paint brushes... hind sight is 20 / 20 isn't it?

People who say this must realize they've already done most of the work for the paint mechanic, right? They've already changed the UV's and block id's, there's no reason for them to scrap it and go back.

I want npcs as much as the next guy, but you must realize it's too late to drop the paint project and start a new one.

Plus they want to do more motion capture before they do npcs, and they've been talking about the painting system for at least a year iirc.

Drop the paint brushes... hind sight is 20 / 20 isn't it?

People who say this must realize they've already done most of the work for the paint mechanic, right? They've already changed the UV's and block id's, there's no reason for them to scrap it and go back.

I want npcs as much as the next guy, but you must realize it's too late to drop the paint project and start a new one.

Plus they want to do more motion capture before they do npcs, and they've been talking about the painting system for at least a year iirc.

Not to mention that the "paint system" will be so huge for POIs that I don't think most realize how uber this update will be. Randomized POIs may not be too far off, even. If not that, they'll at least be able to create programs that will create 100's (1000's?) of POIs in seconds for placement into the XML files.

• 11 months later...

Have over 1800 hours on game. To give some context.

Different difficulties are great, but at the end of the day it all becomes routine and easy to conquer.

For multiplayer... good luck finding servers that aren't in triple digits on days.

I have tried many mobs, but they are glitchy at best; especially for a low end PC user.

If modders can do it I can't see why the developers can't do it.

Archived