[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Chunks are probably being marked as corrupted somehow and some intentional code is "fixing" them, by reseting them to their default.

Kinyajuu kinyajuu kinyajuu

...do you have error correcting chunk code that could be causing this problem? If so, what does it look for, to show the chunk as corrupted?

Chunks are probably being marked as corrupted somehow and some intentional code is "fixing" them, by reseting them to their default.

Kinyajuu kinyajuu kinyajuu

...do you have error correcting chunk code that could be causing this problem? If so, what does it look for, to show the chunk as corrupted?

Does he tread in this fearful place?

Take a trip into the snow, lumberjacks often have them... like REALLY often...

[you can also read them like a book interestingly enough]

i guess i am outa of luck i kill a bunch of snowman already and nothing

dammit always forget to take tools of stations when i move then...

Regarding server resets. I was testing some xml changes to workstations and had the game reset my test world 4 consecutive times. All I was doing was placing workstations and tools (specifically anvils and forges) and smashing with a crowbar, and testing what block I got and what block I placed. Just another data point that limited the reset to workstations and anvils/forges specifically. This was a single player game.

Regarding server resets. I was testing some xml changes to workstations and had the game reset my test world 4 consecutive times. All I was doing was placing workstations and tools (specifically anvils and forges) and smashing with a crowbar, and testing what block I got and what block I placed. Just another data point that limited the reset to workstations and anvils/forges specifically. This was a single player game.

I have to agree with this, as I reverted the save back to pre april 24th which means I rolled back BEFORE this update

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59466-WIP-True-Survival-SDX&p=618812&viewfull=1#post618812

and i was able to recover the bases. I went in and checked the bases that were effected (the ones i know of) and each had an anvil placed as well as a forge. Not concrete proof but perhaps the right direction.

Rented Dedi MP server

I have to agree with this, as I reverted the save back to pre april 24th which means I rolled back BEFORE this update

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59466-WIP-True-Survival-SDX&p=618812&viewfull=1#post618812

and i was able to recover the bases. I went in and checked the bases that were effected (the ones i know of) and each had an anvil placed as well as a forge. Not concrete proof but perhaps the right direction.

Rented Dedi MP server

I had placed a wood-working bench down in my base just a day prior to mine resetting, I also had an anvil, forge, drying table, armor bench, and research desk, I also had a generator, but it was turned off, if the info helps.

Take a trip into the snow, lumberjacks often have them... like REALLY often...

[you can also read them like a book interestingly enough]

They teach you the Planks perk. Free skill point since they are fairly abundant.

I had placed a wood-working bench down in my base just a day prior to mine resetting, I also had an anvil, forge, drying table, armor bench, and research desk, I also had a generator, but it was turned off, if the info helps.

I think I was only day 2-3 on my last reset, I was still drinking water out of cans ;)

OK, Here's my story sad but true about a girl I once new....sorry wrong story

Anyway had a reset today, was searching a building and started getting Null Errors when trying to break into a storage chest.

Thought it was strange so went to a safe place and Alt Tab out and save the log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_DUQ_H9AR1HeW5XaDl1aWNwMVE/view?usp=sharing

Then logged out and back in and suprise my character was reset, so I quit the game and saved log file again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_DUQ_H9AR1HR04wS1MyV0lyWms/view?usp=sharing

Went back to my base location and everthing was as before, I live on top of the hotel and all my stuff was still there and it still had all the zombie holes. So the only thing I had to do was pickup my bed roll and relay it.

While its nice to have all my stuff still I have lost all my knowledge and recipes from character reset.

Last time this happened (21st april) I deleted everything and did a complete new install, but did not have a save of my save file, this time I do so all is good only lose a day of looting.

Video of first reset when I fell thru the ground

Not sure if any of this will help but it can't hurt..

Hello

I am still looking for a true survival server. The brotherhood server has to easy settings but i do have a good connection on it. I tried Jaxtellers server, great server and nice people and i liked it but unfortunatly my connection to it is very bad, unplayable at times.

Do you have a server Darkklotz? and if so would you mind if i tried it out? also would like to know the settings.

Thank you in advance :)

Ps! Damn you Spider for shutting your server, only server i found with settings to my liking and a playable ping! Looking forward to when you open it again. But you better guard your base because i will make it my mission to turn it into one of my Leftoriums:)

i may not know much about modding but is there a chance it could be a corrupt data file or maybe a buil i nworld safe guard resseting the bases?

Yes, that's the current theory. Something is corrupting chunks, and we are wondering if there's code that resets invalid chunks. If so, we are asking what triggers that invalid-chunk-reset code to see if we can identify what is causing it.

It happens in vanilla, and probably more than we realize, but most people won't notice until it hits a player made base.

Even if you broke into a existing pre-fab and looted it, and it reset, you may not notice. Or if you do, and you question it publicly on the forum, you are likely to be told that you are wrong, and you just got confused.

if there is an invalid-chunk reset mechanism, it would be nice to get some kind of logging added to the code, so we can better determine the frequency of the resets. It is a world-breaking bug. With A16 on the horizon, with new code, we may not see this added or looked at until we start seeing it in A16.

Ok I told you to stop feeding the strays or they will never leave. I have went through all posted output logs and read all post about this player resetting problem and unless someone has anymore information to prove differently this is the same player corruption bug that has been present and still is(obviously) in the vanilla base game. This is not caused by the mod or made worst by the mod.

Non of the changes done to this SDX branch of the mod would effect any of this.

Adding upgrade path to a block does not break saves

Changing the materials used to upgrade a block does not break saves

Changing the HP of a block does not break saves

Changing what a block upgrades into does not break saves

Changing Recipes does not break saves

Changing a blocks material does not break save

I could go on.

This is the negative side of modding a Alpha game where the base game has known bugs that are years old. These exact reports are all over the Forums. From Console to PC to other mods it is reported everywhere. This is nothing new. Server owners know that occasionally a player will get corrupted and need to be deleted or they can break a chunk of the map or the entire save game if they continue to try and log in. It has been like this for at lest 4 alphas. This is not a new bug. Please remember this is an Alpha game, it has tons of known and un known bugs. If you are going to invest time in a game that's got bugs you need to be responsible on your end. BACK UP YOUR SAVES AFTER EVERY GAME SESSION.

Ok I told you to stop feeding the strays or they will never leave.

In case your wondering, this is Spider telling me "I told you so"..... Still, if this leads TFP to address the error in the base game, or at least communicate that the resetting of chunks is intentional and offer some log error message that would help modders to trap what initiates the chunk reset, that would be worth getting yelled at :untroubled:

Still, if this leads TFP to address the error in the base game, or at least communicate that the resetting of chunks is intentional and offer some log error message that would help modders to trap what initiates the chunk reset, that would be worth getting yelled at :untroubled:

That is the goal in these discussions.

null error

2017-04-27T14:09:06 10280.468 INF Saving 169 of chunks took 299ms

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at EntityNPC.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

keeps popping up... is the game lost?

O and in other news. If all goes well I should have the test server up by this weekend for people to check out the new skill tree and building system.

Since its close I can give a few details.

All quality based items have their own crafting skill. So crafting a Stone Axe only makes your Stone Axe better and after a set number of Stone Axes you will not get XP for making them.

No building material upgrades or downgrades into another. So wood only upgrades to wood not Scrap Iron. Blocks with multiple upgrades will not break back into its many stages. Instead the blocks health will accumulate on the current block and when broken turn to a frame.

New building Paths-

Sod -> time->Hard Sod

Log -> Log Cabin

Frame -> Wood -> Wood+Wood -> Metal Banded Wood

Frame -> Cobblestone

Frame -> Modern Brick

Form -> Concrete

Frame -> Reinforced Concrete

Frame -> Scrap Iron -> Reinforced Scrap Iron

Frame -> Steel -> Stainless Steel

Each building path also has a corresponding crafting skill and unique Disassembling Tool. The tools for each will be an open recipe. To learn the frames of a building path you must use the tool on that type of block in the world to harvest upgrading material from them (like cobblestones or Bricks). After you have gained enough XP harvesting supplies you will be able to purchase the frames. After you have more XP in that building Path Skill you will be able to purchase the upgrade material so you can make it from scratch and not scavenge it all.

The goal is to make a skill tree that’s less a skill tree and more a record of what you have done. So instead of you hitting player level 10 and unlocking the Wooden Doors Recipe and just buying it you will have to work with wood either disassembling POI wood blocks or building and upgrading wood building blocks to gain access to the Wooden Door. This will also mean a player does not have to learn things in order or at all if they choose. You don’t have to level a wood working skill to learn stone. You could just build one of the Stone Building Path Tools and starts taking apart stone walls and completely skip wood.

This will also make group play even more interesting because if another player spends their time hunting or farming or doing something different than you they will have different recipes and be crafting better quality of certain items than you. So maybe someone who has leveled farming trades a Blade Smith a bunch of aloe for a nice quality Axe or Sword. Or maybe a hunter that has stocks of animal parts trades a Steel builder for a couple Steel Doors.

We are trying to go full RPG on the next build. We hope to have a good story line quest and player back stories built in to RWG also.

That is the goal in these discussions.

I highly doubt anyone from TFP even read anything in the Mod section or even if they did I'm pretty sure we would get the same response as always.

"Don't report bugs from Modded games"

Archived