[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

I know this may not be the easiest question to answer given the variation in content between the two, but I want an unbiased set of opinions from people on which mod they think is the better mod for enhancing base experience as well as the most content and progression. War of the Walkers vs this mod. I like War of the Walkers because it adds some very solid progression and more end-game items such as Tungsten tools.

Haven't played this mod at all yet however. Really looking forward to hear people's opinions!

EDIT: Also, what about this Starvation mod? I've only played War of the Walkers, Valmod, and a couple others, but man this and Starvation look unbelievable with content!

Ive played all of the mods and it comes down to what you want. You want starting classes, valmod and ts, and perhaps war of the walkers as i heard he is putting something similar in. You want new models for items then ts and starvation. You want to make a pig farm, starvation. You want to not level up fast, ts. More variety in pois ts and wow. Etc etc etc. I love this game when its modded and if i could play them all i would but unfortunately not enough time. So my suggestion to you would be to check the descriptions for all the mods and/or playtest them because they each have something unique to offer. If i could get them all to make a supermod i would something along the lines of fallout 3 wanderers edition but..... unfortunately thats never gonna be the case.

Ive played all of the mods and it comes down to what you want. You want starting classes, valmod and ts, and perhaps war of the walkers as i heard he is putting something similar in. You want new models for items then ts and starvation. You want to make a pig farm, starvation. You want to not level up fast, ts. More variety in pois ts and wow. Etc etc etc. I love this game when its modded and if i could play them all i would but unfortunately not enough time. So my suggestion to you would be to check the descriptions for all the mods and/or playtest them because they each have something unique to offer. If i could get them all to make a supermod i would something along the lines of fallout 3 wanderers edition but..... unfortunately thats never gonna be the case.

Funny you should mention FWE. That was always one of my favorite mods for FO3. What you're describing would be more like FWE + MMM + FOOK2 + IMCN. I tried making something like that... Not advised.

The launcher updated the mod today and now it flags a warning that the 7DaysToDie_Data is missing and refuses to launch the game. It's not missing.

I've rolled back to yesterdays version but something is wrong currently.

I had that once, then I deleted and reinstalled the Launcher and it helped.

Thanks for the horde night

Hey team TS. Thanks for the new horde night.

I just recorded it and it was just terrifying enough. I thought I was going to die. But I do love taking them out with my club so That is my way. But if your doing it on the ground it was Perfect!

Might need to add some ways for ranged users to feel more terror.

Anyway thank you very much!

Question on the getting the crafted generator to work--

I've placed it, and placed a metal-working table next to it (the table placed, so I assume it recognized the power source), but for the life of me cannot figure out how to make the generator work. I can turn it on, I have tried different types of fuel (wood, gas, oil, batteries, etc) all to no avail. I can turn it on but it doesn't make any noise nor provide power to my table...

Ideas?

Funny you should mention FWE. That was always one of my favorite mods for FO3. What you're describing would be more like FWE + MMM + FOOK2 + IMCN. I tried making something like that... Not advised.

All f3 lovers know you cant play fook and fwe together lol. Btw imps more complex needs was one of my all time favs.

Mod Update

Save Game Safe

Sever and Player xml’s and icon update / Player .dll update

Perfected Anti Nerd Pole-

You cannot place blocks while in the air. Exceptions to this are when the player is swimming, on a ladder or when the player enters God Mode.

New Feature-

Crafting recipes on the player can now have tool requirements. The player must simple have the required tool in their player inventory or tool belt for it to work. No recipes use this yet in this patch but they will be and this will be in A16.

Lowered chance for real hubcap mines in wasteland biomes left decoy mines alone

First rebalance of the new wood system. Lowered most log drops from trees by 2 and lowered wooden branches drop almost half. Let me know how that feels.

Fixed Mushrooms not growing. They should function like vanilla now, able to be drown in the dark and not needing water

Made all friendly Survivors have a respawn delay of 250 game days.(This should fix screamers from always showing up)

Fixed the Hordes the Screamers Summon. (Ooops my bad) I miss read days to be week’s ha-ha! So day 7 players were getting day 49 spawns.

Lowered hydration loss from Painkillers from -30 to -20

Adjusted Hand Full of Seeds to give -4 hydration and 3 food from 5 and 5

Added more icons from Xyth

Lowered Profession Page Drops on most things. Gave all Air Drops a 50/50 chance to have 1

Fixed Quest requiring crafting of items no longer craftable to be gather quest

Fixed Quest requiring stick that need branches now

Added recipe for Planks from both logs on the Wood Working Bench needing a Circular Saw

Added back a recipe for sticks from Planks on the player. Gives no xp

Added recipe for wood made from both logs on the Wood Working Bench needing a Circular Saw

Mod Update

Save Game Safe

Sever and Player xml’s and icon update / Player .dll update

Perfected Anti Nerd Pole-

You cannot place blocks while in the air. Exceptions to this are when the player is swimming, on a ladder or when the player enters God Mode.

New Feature-

Crafting recipes on the player can now have tool requirements. The player must simple have the required tool in their player inventory or tool belt for it to work. No recipes use this yet in this patch but they will be and this will be in A16.

Lowered chance for real hubcap mines in wasteland biomes left decoy mines alone

First rebalance of the new wood system. Lowered most log drops from trees by 2 and lowered wooden branches drop almost half. Let me know how that feels.

Fixed Mushrooms not growing. They should function like vanilla now, able to be drown in the dark and not needing water

Made all friendly Survivors have a respawn delay of 250 game days.(This should fix screamers from always showing up)

Fixed the Hordes the Screamers Summon. (Ooops my bad) I miss read days to be week’s ha-ha! So day 7 players were getting day 49 spawns.

Lowered hydration loss from Painkillers from -30 to -20

Adjusted Hand Full of Seeds to give -4 hydration and 3 food from 5 and 5

Added more icons from Xyth

Lowered Profession Page Drops on most things. Gave all Air Drops a 50/50 chance to have 1

Fixed Quest requiring crafting of items no longer craftable to be gather quest

Fixed Quest requiring stick that need branches now

Added recipe for Planks from both logs on the Wood Working Bench needing a Circular Saw

Added back a recipe for sticks from Planks on the player. Gives no xp

Added recipe for wood made from both logs on the Wood Working Bench needing a Circular Saw

W00t! Looking real nice! We shall give these a go! Thanks as always guys for the hard work.

Thanks for pushing this hotfix out quickly Spider. And thanks as always to Jeo for the continued expansion of the unique DLL that makes many of the advanced features of this mod possible. I did not see it mentioned in the patch notes but did the repairing barbwire fix make it in to this patch? I will check later today when I return from traveling.

Question:

Tomahawk is a drop only. There are other axes you can craft.

Question:

You can place it right next to a Generator but it is better to lay down some Power lines then you can connect many things to one Generator. If you read the Generators, the Power lines or your True Survival mod notes(all in game places) It clearly tells you how to use it and reading your in game descriptions and Mod Notes would save you from leaving game looking for information I have taken the time to put in many places in game for you.

Question:

Because it is my compromise. This the first build you are allowed to craft Duct Tape. normally that is a drop only. I'm not sure anyone has even crafted Duct Tape this build. Might just remove it again in A16. Really is no need for it and I feel normal people could never figure out the mystical arts of Duct Tape making

Question:

Stats stack.

*********************************************************************************

Bucks and Boars(mean animals) are a small percent of the large animal spawning in a biome. So they are mixed in with the normal animals and you cant tell them apart. I think it makes for a more interesting hunting trips

Repairing Barbed Wire. Im not sure I agree with it being repaired with scrap Iron. That would make it repairable on day 1 and I don't think that's a day one trap. The reason that it takes Forged Iron is because that makes it a Level 25 Trap and means you must be able to craft Iron to use and maintain this trap. Maybe the repair cost needs looking at but I dont think the repair item needs to be changed

i Have not played on the newest update yet so i dont know if it effects this but didn't seem to on the changelog

Basically it seems like the cars aren't worth looting for me most of the time almost 75% they are empty and then half the time i actually get something it's a corpse or a zombie corpse which is pretty much useless. Seems like i get more alarms than i ever get any loot maybe i am just unlucky lol

By your math one in eight cars has something better than junk. That sounds about right. This mod makes you work for loot. To me, scavenging is more rewarding when everything isn't found in the first few days.

Tomahawk is a drop only. There are other axes you can craft.

You can place it right next to a Generator but it is better to lay down some Power lines then you can connect many things to one Generator. If you read the Generators, the Power lines or your True Survival mod notes(all in game places) It clearly tells you how to use it and reading your in game descriptions and Mod Notes would save you from leaving game looking for information I have taken the time to put in many places in game for you.

Because it is my compromise. This the first build you are allowed to craft Duct Tape. normally that is a drop only. I'm not sure anyone has even crafted Duct Tape this build. Might just remove it again in A16. Really is no need for it and I feel normal people could never figure out the mystical arts of Duct Tape making

Stats stack.

*********************************************************************************

Bucks and Boars(mean animals) are a small percent of the large animal spawning in a biome. So they are mixed in with the normal animals and you cant tell them apart. I think it makes for a more interesting hunting trips

Repairing Barbed Wire. Im not sure I agree with it being repaired with scrap Iron. That would make it repairable on day 1 and I don't think that's a day one trap. The reason that it takes Forged Iron is because that makes it a Level 25 Trap and means you must be able to craft Iron to use and maintain this trap. Maybe the repair cost needs looking at but I dont think the repair item needs to be changed

Hey... hey!!! Lay off the duct tape!

And hey, the barbed wire is a day 1 trap!

First you take away my "nerdpoling", now you wanna take away my barbed wire and duct tape!

:sorrow:

I might die once or twice now geez.

The first time I shot a buck and it turned and charged me instead of running away was certainly an "oh ♥♥♥♥" moment. Didn't help that I always try to sneak as close to them as possible and then start running towards them as soon as I loose the arrow, expecting them to bolt. They're fast and hit like a truck, made short work of me. Made me change my tactics to never shoot at them when a hill is involved since pathing up/down slopes tends to make them zig-zag. Most of my deaths in this mod leave my heart-rate elevated and me going "what the hell just happened"

Jeo and xyth, added you on steam. Could use some input on certain things. Well, specifically i would like some of the new guns/melee weps added to bandit weapon group so i can give npcs (bandits and followers) some of them. Also, the metal zombies, want to ask you about them. Have some time today so can work on them a bit.

Game wont load with mod

Hi,

I did a install using the 7D2D launcher with advanced option - but when launching the game I get the following error:

SDX: Could not find bundle "Paprika"

error loading and parsing blocks.xml

Any ideas ???

Archived