[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

@Tetrameth-

I might be blind but I have looked at that thing 30 times and I still cant figure out why its not spawning loot containers like its supposed to. All the other ones do. If you get bored take a look and see if you can see what I'm missing. Probably a spelling error or something little but for the life of me I cant find it.

The zero dmg tools mechanic is a great idea. The 1hp dmg for punching objects sounds like it will stop a group of determined new players from accessing high lvl loot within the first few hours, also it might give us a new option for suicide; death by wall-punching.

Annoying bug: crafting a wooden spear seems to cause the spear to show up in the view model of every item you hold, this is especially bad for the flashlight since the spear takes up almost all of the screen.

Hey Spider

Thanks to n3cr0 on our server he found a bug. Its an easy fix though.

Crossbow cant buy level 3, rather cant even reach level 3. maxlevel is set to 2, so Autocrossbow never unlocks

- - - Updated - - -

The zero dmg tools mechanic is a great idea. The 1hp dmg for punching objects sounds like it will stop a group of determined new players from accessing high lvl loot within the first few hours, also it might give us a new option for suicide; death by wall-punching.

Annoying bug: crafting a wooden spear seems to cause the spear to show up in the view model of every item you hold, this is especially bad for the flashlight since the spear takes up almost all of the screen.

Similar to the old arrow bug where it stays in your hand. I have seen this in every mod involving a spear where it stays in your hand. Not sure its something Spider can fix.

Well ideally, I'm thinking of it only doing damage for something as hard as, or harder than, stone. Taking a damage for punching grass or some cotton seems like overkill. Possibly also when punching a block that does damage (like cactus), if I can swing it.

Possible Bug

An issue developed with the mod earlier today. I was suddenly unable to get plant fibers or sticks; because punching doesn't seem to do anything at all anymore. (I can punch, but I can't seem to destroy any blocks, shrubs and grass aren't destroyed, and other blocks take no damage) I don't quite know what caused it; but I tried a fresh install of 7d2d, and punching works fine there; but when I installed the mod [previous to the fresh install] punching immediately broke; I also installed it via the installer and advanced mode to make a copy of the folder, and as soon as it was installed there as well, punching broke.

I put in several spike traps around a snow cave I dug, but I can't seem to upgrade them to functional. I've tried both right and left clicking with the following items: Sticks, a stone axe, a stone shove, a steak knife, and the bone shiv. Tools, and the steak knife do nothing but damage them, and the sticks and bone shiv do nothing...? Am I doing something wrong? or am I experiencing some kind of bug?

you should upgrade them with repair/upgrade tool (clawhammer, wrench, screwdriver or nailgun).

I put in several spike traps around a snow cave I dug, but I can't seem to upgrade them to functional. I've tried both right and left clicking with the following items: Sticks, a stone axe, a stone shove, a steak knife, and the bone shiv. Tools, and the steak knife do nothing but damage them, and the sticks and bone shiv do nothing...? Am I doing something wrong? or am I experiencing some kind of bug?

Well that's because none of those tools are use to repair-upgrade blocks. You would need a hammer for that. Welcome to true survival :)

@Tetrameth-

I might be blind but I have looked at that thing 30 times and I still cant figure out why its not spawning loot containers like its supposed to. All the other ones do. If you get bored take a look and see if you can see what I'm missing. Probably a spelling error or something little but for the life of me I cant find it.

Happy to help out, just let me know where to look.

ok stuck on a immersion point. What do we have in game that could be used to remove a hornet stinger. I was going to use the Red Hot pipe but for coding reasons it would take to much work rebuilding other buffs to use that. So need another idea of a way to heal/remove a embedded hornet stinger(this debuff hurts you and attracts zombies until healed).

I thought of that but I dont think giving knifes an alt use that does damage to you a good idea. I can see my self pushing the wrong button and killing myself in a Zombie Horde.

LOL Testing is going well. This sh$% is cool. I just need to make up some nice buff icons and this is going to add a lot to the survival part of the game.

Im going to add a Charging Exploder zombie type that does minimum player damage and alot of block damage. It will charge you soon as it sees you and explode, no damage required. They will only spawn maybe in city hubs but mostly on horde nights. They will have a high chance at dropping profession pages. What zombie should I use? I was thinking the Screaming Lady one with the white dress but make her crawl on all fours. Any thoughts?

I would say that pliers would be good, but there aren't any. I mean... it's a big ass hornet, amirite?

If you're looking for abject realism, here's a good resource: http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-a-Wasp-or-Hornet-Sting

So basically, remove stinger, bandage, and painkillers. The stinger doesn't actually have to be lodged in the wound, either. Bees drop their stingers, Hornets and Wasps generally don't.

Oh, and I'm extremely close to having this Damage-Self-On-Punching thing done. So far, punching a cactus or trap hurts you, and hitting anything with a hardness over 1 does, too. Other than "hardness", I don't know any way to separate out things that should hurt (wood, stone, metal, concrete, etc) from things that shouldn't (grass, cotton, corn, dirt, etc). So it would require a bit of editing of the Materials.xml (and rebalancing, but that's gonna happen anyway, you say). I'm still working on getting gloves/gauntlets to mitigate the damage. Should be done soon tho.

Now if I could just stop getting sidetracked by rebalancing all these UMA zombies I added to my game...

Im going to add a Charging Exploder zombie type that does minimum player damage and alot of block damage. It will charge you soon as it sees you and explode, no damage required. They will only spawn maybe in city hubs but mostly on horde nights. They will have a high chance at dropping profession pages. What zombie should I use? I was thinking the Screaming Lady one with the white dress but make her crawl on all fours. Any thoughts?

Well, maybe consider any zombie with a backpack a candidate for a suicide bomber. If you want to be fair and allow folks a clear view of the danger incoming, only have crawling backpack zeds as suicide bombers or otherwise use a particle notification like was used on suicide mole.

ok stuck on a immersion point. What do we have in game that could be used to remove a hornet stinger. I was going to use the Red Hot pipe but for coding reasons it would take to much work rebuilding other buffs to use that. So need another idea of a way to heal/remove a embedded hornet stinger(this debuff hurts you and attracts zombies until healed).

Add pliers as new item. Could require pliers to hold red hot pipe too? Maybe pliers a pretty wrench? With high derogation ?

I think we found an bug. If you melt in the forge steel pickaxe you will get back the full steel what need to create the same item again. When you make the same with steel armour items you will get back more steel. With this way you can make more and more steel in the forge.

Hope you have use of this. I can also change or improve it, so please let me know how you use it or what i can add.

Just a shoutout to the nice job EsTygo did on this spreadsheet. It made normalizing this mod's loot table much easier than I expected. @EsTygo, I sent you a PM with a short list of bugs I found in case your willing to update this spreadsheet tool.

Now back to the loot table to start adding more fun and pain.....and a rocket launcher schematic.....

Depends on how late in the game you want that repair tool available. Late game I'd say use calipers as it can be used as pliers for light work and has a way to close and lock it so it grips the stinger. Early game, well, I would say any decent firstaid kit would have tweezers, and there might be something in a weapon cleaning kit to use.

Ok thought about it all morning. Think I'll change the Embedded Stringer it to a Oozing Wound that will still do the -health and smell and make a new cure item Herbal Mud its recipe = 5 Dirt Fragments + 1 Water + 1 Forrest Flower

What do you think?

Ok thought about it all morning. Think I'll change the Embedded Stringer it to a Oozing Wound that will still do the -health and smell and make a new cure item Herbal Mud its recipe = 5 Dirt Fragments + 1 Water + 1 Forrest Flower

What do you think?

Call it a poultice instead of herbal mud and you got my vote. Normally a poultice uses clay, (not dirt), clean water, plant or flower and cloth.

On second thought, you don't use cobwebs in any recipe. Maybe this is a way to show that drop some love.

Cobweb seems extremely rare at least in the biomes I have been spending time in

The once or twice i hit them I do not recall getting a loot item either

Was seen in base house poi in dessert biome

Would be a nice use of it but would need to be more readily available, maybe in the garbage biome where those nasty green spiders hangout.

Archived