[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

I can't for the life of me get this mod to install :( I must have some complication going on. Every time I start a map I get a ton of nullreference errors.

I have it copied into the folders that are described.

When testing the mod sync I get..

Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..

When I try to load the map I immediately get tons of reference errors.

Is there a post where this specific issue is mentioned or should I post logs?

Thanks

Yes, it is a recipe. No, it shouldn't be scrapping for paper. Add that to the bug list. It should at least be made of metal.

I'd recommend that a handsaw be added and replace the Circular Saw in its current use. Then make the circ. saw an advanced saw that give 2x planks or something similar. It should also be dependent on having power but that might mean making a powered version of the workbench.

@JEO - The V2 of your DLL seems to be playing nice when used on a client connecting to a dedicated server.

Hey xyth. Can you confirm that the change to the DLL only requires client, and not a matching server? I think I know the answer, but just want confirmation.

Hey xyth. Can you confirm that the change to the DLL only requires client, and not a matching server? I think I know the answer, but just want confirmation.

At this point I don't see any evidence that a server side DLL is needed. However, now that I think on it, on the backpack mod if the server side wasn't loaded it would not "save" the backpack contents (state). I will do further testing to make sure if you log off when crafting that the server "remembers" the crafting state properly.

At this point I don't see any evidence that a server side DLL is needed. However, now that I think on it, on the backpack mod if the server side wasn't loaded it would not "save" the backpack contents (state). I will do further testing to make sure if you log off when crafting that the server "remembers" the crafting state properly.

That would be great. Jeoshua's DLL changes could impact a lot of mods in a positive way.

As luck would have it, Microsoft decided to force an automatic update which apparently killed my boot record and reordered my drives. It will be a while before I can test.

Ouch, that's painful. Take your time, and get your drives sorted out :)

Unless you exit from the game while in the forge, itself, there could be no possible way for there to be any issues. All changes are to UI only (I think), and the backend updates on open and close of the workstation anyway. I didn't touch the backpack area, or make the game do anything that would require server interaction.

It's literally just user interface code that I changed, all the behind the scenes stuff works.

Yes, it is a recipe. No, it shouldn't be scrapping for paper. Add that to the bug list. It should at least be made of metal.

Wow. never realized it was a recipe, cheers for that.

I just figured that because it went in a workbench [like the other tools] therefore it was a tool, thats why I thought it was strange it scrapped for paper.

I can't for the life of me get this mod to install :( I must have some complication going on. Every time I start a map I get a ton of nullreference errors.

I have it copied into the folders that are described.

When testing the mod sync I get..

Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..Clone Mode detected..Refreshing Existing Depot..

When I try to load the map I immediately get tons of reference errors.

Is there a post where this specific issue is mentioned or should I post logs?

Thanks

I think awisp and I took care of this last night. We deleted the steam copy of 7 Days To Die, which had a cop of Valmod applied to it, then re-validated everything.

From then on, everything worked as expected.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I posted in that thread you mentioned, explaining in some detail how the forge-lag fix works.

That's great, thank you. It helps distribute knowledge, and maybe bring other ideas to the table. UI refreshments can be a tricky thing to do.

Unless you exit from the game while in the forge, itself, there could be no possible way for there to be any issues. All changes are to UI only (I think), and the backend updates on open and close of the workstation anyway. I didn't touch the backpack area, or make the game do anything that would require server interaction.

It's literally just user interface code that I changed, all the behind the scenes stuff works.

I agree. I was just planning to test dropping connection while crafting to see if it acted as normal or otherwise caused corruption. As you said, that's unlikely. If you want me to test anything else just let me know. I'm just happy my server is backup after Microsoft finished screwing with it last night.

Well I haven't really yet tried the .dll but I tested with stopwatch how many seconds it takes to show recipes when typing "steel".

True survival Single Player without .dll

Windows - 2.1 seconds

Linux - 1.5 seconds

Before I tried the .dll, I rollbacked to older driver version for my gpu, 340.xx, but now I can't boot into linux. All I get is some blinking right before the login screen. Oh my luck

Upgrading Concrete

Hey, first of all thanks for the awesome mod. Its just what I needed to reinvigorate the game. I'm having a problem with concrete though. I was trying to upgrade concrete blocks with concrete mix using the nail gun but it wouldn't upgrade. I made some rebar frames and I can add the wood but not the concrete mix. I see the icon for concrete mix showing up in the corner with the red x as if I don't have any but it is in my inventory. I tried using the wrench, nail gun, screwdriver and claw hammer but nothing worked. I have the concrete mix, concrete building, cement mixer and cement perks. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what to try next. Thanks.

Well I haven't really yet tried the .dll but I tested with stopwatch how many seconds it takes to show recipes when typing "steel".

True survival Single Player without .dll

Windows - 2.1 seconds

Linux - 1.5 seconds

Before I tried the .dll, I rollbacked to older driver version for my gpu, 340.xx, but now I can't boot into linux. All I get is some blinking right before the login screen. Oh my luck

Wow. That sucks. One thing about Linux is that it just works... Until it doesn't, and that's always somehow your fault.

I am not sure if the DLL will be Linux compatible... It should be, but you never know when it comes to these things. Hell, doesn't the Linux version use .so files instead of .dll?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you comfortable with your changes that you know exactly what you changed, so that you could provide detailed steps on how to reproduce your changes from vanilla? I ask that, so as to potentially avoid a similar fate as the bigger back pack mod.

If so, this thread may have interested viewers.

That's great, thank you. It helps distribute knowledge, and maybe bring other ideas to the table. UI refreshments can be a tricky thing to do.

As soon as I can, I'll post one on search lag and maybe Backpack lag, if I can figure them out universally.

Anyone noticed this before?

I have been playing this mod for about a month on my dedi and have updated and reinstalled on occasion. I have noticed that on the dedi and my clients that cobblestone frames, rebar frames, concrete, and brick will not upgrade with any tool. I have been watching the forum post here this whole time and only saw one person with this problem however his comment went unnoticed. Can anyone offer an xml fix or tell me how I may have messed up the mod in any way? Any help would be appreciated.

Archived