[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Carrots, potatoes etc are extremely easy to find on days with extremely heavy fog. The fog seems to muck with their gamma or something and they stick out like dog balls. There are usually an average of 3 or so clumped together, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Its about the only thing that those heavy fog days are really good for... well... that and a nice air of ambiance.

Thanks for the tip. :D

Hey sphereii!

I tried running the mod launcher on my Zorin OS (Linux) but nothing happens AKA not working.

What are the steps to run it? Do I need something?

I already have preinstalled PlayOnLinux and some Wine stuff.

The Mod Launcher is a C# form-based application. I am guessing the OneClick process is what is mucking you up. It checks for any updates before starting.

Might be a time to whip up a python-based launcher.

The Mod Launcher is a C# form-based application. I am guessing the OneClick process is what is mucking you up. It checks for any updates before starting.

Might be a time to whip up a python-based launcher.

Ah.. I think I also tried the "release" one, but launching 7D2DLauncher.exe does nothing

I really wanted to see the differences when using this mod on Linux vs Windows

Ah.. I think I also tried the "release" one, but launching 7D2DLauncher.exe does nothing

I really wanted to see the differences when using this mod on Linux vs Windows

If this is a test, you can just make a copy of 7 Days to Die and try it.

This is Jeoshua's DLL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/master/SDX_0.7.0/DLLs/Assembly-CSharp.dll

True Survival SDX: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survial-A15-JZMOD/archive/master.zip

Download one or both of those. Copy True Survival over your 7 Days To Die, over-writing whatever is there. Then copy over Jeoshua's DLL if you wanted to check that.

These would be a one-shot test; but should be safe. Spider is away, so he won't be pushing any updates, giving you a chance to test the mod.

If this is a test, you can just make a copy of 7 Days to Die and try it.

This is Jeoshua's DLL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/master/SDX_0.7.0/DLLs/Assembly-CSharp.dll

True Survival SDX: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survial-A15-JZMOD/archive/master.zip

Download one or both of those. Copy True Survival over your 7 Days To Die, over-writing whatever is there. Then copy over Jeoshua's DLL if you wanted to check that.

These would be a one-shot test; but should be safe. Spider is away, so he won't be pushing any updates, giving you a chance to test the mod.

Great! You spoiled me so much with your launcher I totally forgot about doing the old fashion way.

That's Jeoshua's stutter fix for recipes right? I'll try them both, one at a time

Great! You spoiled me so much with your launcher I totally forgot about doing the old fashion way.

That's Jeoshua's stutter fix for recipes right? I'll try them both, one at a time

Yes that's the fix. I've re-hosted it, and gave he/r access to the depot. The link may change if s/he deploys it to a github depot. But for now, legit copy.

Single Payer, no edited XMLs, no god mode. I was joyriding the mini bike in a wasteland city, when I saw specks of blue along the outskirts where a ton of those crumbled buildings are, every one of those bulings had that bugged loot in the same place.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19646[/ATTACH]

Found it. It's in the Loot.XML file. There is a reference to "cntDeskSafe01" but... that doesn't exist. The proper object name is "cntDeskSafe". Change that line, or remove it, and it should work.

- - - Updated - - -

he/r ... s/he

Please, male-neuter, or at least they-singular. Split pronouns are just ugly.

I'm actually in the process of working on Version 2 right now. I got a little delayed this weekend. With how this is coded, I don't think there is a way to get rid of all the lag and still have the recipe list update dynamically.

If he uses this, Spider may want to change the Campfire icon into a Refresh icon (refrescar.png), since sometimes recipes just don't update like they used to.

Found it. It's in the Loot.XML file. There is a reference to "cntDeskSafe01" but... that doesn't exist. The proper object name is "cntDeskSafe". Change that line, or remove it, and it should work.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, male-neuter, or at least they-singular. Split pronouns are just ugly.

I'm actually in the process of working on Version 2 right now. I got a little delayed this weekend. With how this is coded, I don't think there is a way to get rid of all the lag and still have the recipe list update dynamically.

If he uses this, Spider may want to change the Campfire icon into a Refresh icon (refrescar.png), since sometimes recipes just don't update like they used to.

Ive never actually pressed that campfire button, didnt know it did anything lol

Okay, version 2 is uploaded. I ran into a bit of a snag with compiling this one, and there is a bit of strangeness with the references.

Either this one works better for everyone, and I'll continue work on it, or it doesn't and I'll just revert back to the version one hack and call it a day. Either way, for those testing this please update your files, either from the GitHub or through the Launcher

Okay, version 2 is uploaded. I ran into a bit of a snag with compiling this one, and there is a bit of strangeness with the references.

Either this one works better for everyone, and I'll continue work on it, or it doesn't and I'll just revert back to the version one hack and call it a day. Either way, for those testing this please update your files, either from the GitHub or through the Launcher

What's difference between v1 an v2?

I tackled the search in a different way (changes the event rather than the method, adding actual code instead of hacking bits out), and dropping a Tool in the grid triggers an update (lag, but updates the available recipes).

The new version should act less weird when it comes to searches. The downside is the dll file references had to be updated, and you might not have the same version or the core libraries I do. DLL Hell, it is. And there's no way to add that new code in, that I can tell, without adding that Reference. It might not be an issue, at all, and work perfectly fine for everyone. Or it might just work for me. I don't know.

So basically, not much as far as the user would be concerned, but it should make some things smoother and more intuitive. It will never be perfect, because fundamentally one must choose between a recipe list that is always correct with a laggy game, or one that has to be poked at sometimes to update itself but doesn't bog everything down.

If the worst should happen and it turns out that it doesn't work at all, and I'm away while that is discovered, Sphereii can undo the commit and put it back to version 1, or you can look through the commits on GitHub and grab the older version.

At any rate, this is pretty much done! I want to get back to playing the game instead of staring at IL code all day. It hurts my brain.

I tackled the search in a different way (changes the event rather than the method, adding actual code instead of hacking bits out), and dropping a Tool in the grid triggers an update (lag, but updates the available recipes).

The new version should act less weird when it comes to searches. The downside is the dll file references had to be updated, and you might not have the same version or the core libraries I do. DLL Hell, it is. And there's no way to add that new code in, that I can tell, without adding that Reference. It might not be an issue, at all, and work perfectly fine for everyone. Or it might just work for me. I don't know.

So basically, not much as far as the user would be concerned, but it should make some things smoother and more intuitive. It will never be perfect, because fundamentally one must choose between a recipe list that is always correct with a laggy game, or one that has to be poked at sometimes to update itself but doesn't bog everything down.

If the worst should happen and it turns out that it doesn't work at all, and I'm away while that is discovered, Sphereii can undo the commit and put it back to version 1, or you can look through the commits on GitHub and grab the older version.

At any rate, this is pretty much done! I want to get back to playing the game instead of staring at IL code all day. It hurts my brain.

Are you comfortable with your changes that you know exactly what you changed, so that you could provide detailed steps on how to reproduce your changes from vanilla? I ask that, so as to potentially avoid a similar fate as the bigger back pack mod.

If so, this thread may have interested viewers.

Does anyone know, if I collect enough profession pages and take Mechanic as a second profession, will I get his "x2 Harvest Count" bonus, or only his recipes?

You get the Mechanic perk as a result of making the mechanic skill out of the profession pages, and you would get all those class bonuses (per progression.xml)

Are you comfortable with your changes that you know exactly what you changed, so that you could provide detailed steps on how to reproduce your changes from vanilla? I ask that, so as to potentially avoid a similar fate as the bigger back pack mod.

If so, this thread may have interested viewers.

Absolutely. I kept track of all the changes. Most were snipping a virtual method call out of a few obfuscated methods, and in V2 a small method was replaced with a conditional. In 15.2b8 there was some weird code,(while not true switch 2 case 0 blah blah blah) but it didn't seem necessary and removing it doesn't seem to cause extra problems.

Block damage is block damage. Period. Anything which is a block goes down faster. Doors, Walls, Trees, Grass (but it has one HP so...), Cars, Forges... anything which isn't an Entity takes more damage.

So same returns on stone and trees just completed faster?

For increased block damage, yes. You get the same amount of things, you just do more damage to things which are Blocks. It's really very simple.

Harvest Bonus is a bit more complex, but basically if you get things while hitting an object, that's Harvesting. Note that Picks, Wrenches, and even your Fists all are essentially doing damage to produce their effect. If an object is set to drop, say, 20 stones on Harvest, then every 1/20th chunk of hit points you take off the block will give you 1 stone. If you have 2x Harvest Bonus, then it will give you 2 stones, instead. Then when it has no more hitpoints, it will drop whatever it has been set to on Destroy. That is not subject to the Harvest bonus (or shouldn't be, anyway)

For the record, I really think that should be lowered. 2x is quite powerful.

Yes, the circular saw is a recipe (unlocks planks) and like all recipes / schematics can be scrapped for paper.

Yes, it is a recipe. No, it shouldn't be scrapping for paper. Add that to the bug list. It should at least be made of metal.

Harvest Bonus is a bit more complex, but basically if you get things while hitting an object, that's Harvesting. Note that Picks, Wrenches, and even your Fists all are essentially doing damage to produce their effect. If an object is set to drop, say, 20 stones on Harvest, then every 1/20th chunk of hit points you take off the block will give you 1 stone. If you have 2x Harvest Bonus, then it will give you 2 stones, instead. Then when it has no more hitpoints, it will drop whatever it has been set to on Destroy. That is not subject to the Harvest bonus (or shouldn't be, anyway)

Thanks for the clear explanation!

Archived