[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

So after having this up on our server for a month and seeing a lot of people try it out I think the biggest piece of advice I can offer from a MP view point is that there is little to nothing to look forward to from lvl 25-75. Someone suggested to me that iron be chopped up and sprinkled from level 25-40 so instead of getting all iron tools and capabilities at 25 it kind of glides people through the mid range process by unlocking them 5 levels at a time.

I dont have any real solutions really on that front. I DO know we lost all of our members before 75 around level 35-40. No one is playing anymore. So outside of this being a near perfect mod thats really the only thing I can offer in terms of feedback. To me its a shame that none of my community stuck around for the post 75 level content. Otherwise progression is great, it just hits a very boring stand still after level 30 or so.

I'm running into the same progression issue on MP. I think for the A16 version it would be better if the building materials, weapons and tools were spaced better and filled up the midgame more effectively. Progression balance is a difficult task, but there are a lot of lessons learned from this version of the mod that can be applied to the next iteration.

You cant make glass jars in this Mod only loot them.

Ah i see. Thanks for the help spider. I imagine its omission was a balance issue? I mean if we're going for realism, creating glass jars is relatively simple, hence why I'm guessing its removal is to make the water something to still worry about even for end game(cant just craft 2000 glasses and never worry about water again).

The reason I asked was because i made several bladder flasks and filled them. Each flask seems to have permanently used up 5 glasses each and now i have barely any glasses left and was looking to craft more. I'll just use tin cans i guess for now :peaceful:

Ah i see. Thanks for the help spider. I imagine its omission was a balance issue? I mean if we're going for realism, creating glass jars is relatively simple, hence why I'm guessing its removal is to make the water something to still worry about even for end game(cant just craft 2000 glasses and never worry about water again).

The reason I asked was because i made several bladder flasks and filled them. Each flask seems to have permanently used up 5 glasses each and now i have barely any glasses left and was looking to craft more. I'll just use tin cans i guess for now :peaceful:

Find a hotel to loot

Find a hotel to loot

Cheers. Now on the lookout for one :joyous:

I do have a question about mining in this mod that I'm hoping someone can help me with; do i need to have the level 75 steel tools to reach ore in underground mining or will i find plenty of ore digging deep as i can with just an iron pick? I guess to put it simply, are there ore veins found in underground that aren't a part of hardstone? Thanks in advance for any help :indecisiveness:

Is it possible to load in external textures? to replace the super-extreme-awful-ugly bedrock texture on hardstone? looks like my mineshaft is on some kind of weird alien planet :p

maybe have a darker grey one and just call it granite or something :D

/Holo

Cheers. Now on the lookout for one :joyous:

I do have a question about mining in this mod that I'm hoping someone can help me with; do i need to have the level 75 steel tools to reach ore in underground mining or will i find plenty of ore digging deep as i can with just an iron pick? I guess to put it simply, are there ore veins found in underground that aren't a part of hardstone? Thanks in advance for any help :indecisiveness:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59466-WIP-True-Survival-SDX&p=628683&viewfull=1#post628683

In my current game i just found a Pistol book and Shotgun book and noticed a HUGE difference in skill exp gain between them when i built and used each. I tested in a separate creative game and found the following: Both skills started at level 1 with no experience at all. Fired 15 shots with the Pistol then 15 shots with the shotgun. The Pistol skill increased to about level 1.3 (30% of the first level bar filled) but the shotgun skill increased almost to level 4 (about level 3.9).

No idea if there is supposed to be a difference in skill gain between these (difficulty/rarity in making the ammo maybe?) but that size of a difference seems way out of balance. I haven't tested any of the other primary gun skills yet to see where they fall in the balance.

I have a bioinfection stage 1 - it say honey cure it but after eating some I still have it.

Is there something else I need to do?

Despite what the description says, Honey does not actually cure bio-infection. You will need to find Antibiotics or Herbal Antibiotics (nurses, Medicine Cabinets, Pop-N-Pills pharmacy) to get rid of that infection.

Bug/Intended?

Crafting timers on many (most) things seems to be really really quick, metal trussings for example. Is this something intended or will it get a overhaulpass in the future (A16?) to give what would seem somewhat more natural timers? (Wouldn't that in itself also combat spamcrafting 'problem' too?)

/Holo

Hi, does mod launcher requires some additional steps to get all item graphics? I seem to miss a lot of food images: apples, flour, wheat etc.

No, it should be downloading them all.

When you get a chance, next time you start the game, upload the log file for me? Once you exit out of the game, and in the Mod Launcher, click on the View menu, then go to Log Files. In the drop down box, select the game's output.log file, and click on Upload log file.

It will give you a pastebin.com link; if you can provide that to me, I'll take a look to see if I see anything unusual.

I just started the game with this mod last month, never tried vanilla, and was a great experience. Can't wait the a16 version of true survival. The only thing I struggle much is finding iron veins. Can iron veins be found above hardstone layer? or should I have to dig below it with steel tools to reach them?. Also about how much thickness the hardstone layer has?

I just started the game with this mod last month, never tried vanilla, and was a great experience. Can't wait the a16 version of true survival. The only thing I struggle much is finding iron veins. Can iron veins be found above hardstone layer? or should I have to dig below it with steel tools to reach them?. Also about how much thickness the hardstone layer has?

Wow.. you jumped right into SDX without even playing Vanilla.... True Survival no less? Impressive :)

It'd be hard to go back to vanilla :)

Wow.. you jumped right into SDX without even playing Vanilla.... True Survival no less? Impressive :)

It'd be hard to go back to vanilla :)

Yeah, addicted to it already, watched some vanilla playthroughs and seems easy and boring after this :)

Bug/Intended?

Crafting timers on many (most) things seems to be really really quick, metal trussings for example. Is this something intended or will it get a overhaulpass in the future (A16?) to give what would seem somewhat more natural timers? (Wouldn't that in itself also combat spamcrafting 'problem' too?)

/Holo

This will change due to the new system that TS will introduce in the A16 version.

I have a bioinfection stage 1 - it say honey cure it but after eating some I still have it.

Is there something else I need to do?

Despite what the description says, Honey does not actually cure bio-infection. You will need to find Antibiotics or Herbal Antibiotics (nurses, Medicine Cabinets, Pop-N-Pills pharmacy) to get rid of that infection.

Eating honey won't cure bio-infection, but "using" it is supposed to debuff the bio-infection. "Using" it is like using a jar or water to debuff acid vomit off you. Unfortunately this is currently bugged but I am looking into it.

Ok, best we can do is make this exactly like the drinks, left click debuffs infection, right click is "eat". The menu choices should not be used, as both will tend to result in "eating". I will add to the next patch.

Archived