[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Sometimes they are glitched or due to his broken weapon he isnt able to land hit. On the otherside zombie may be in wrong position and he tries to land hit but he cant reach (reasons :D ) try to find another one survivor. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Not a big deal, your installation is fine.

Thank you for the response, just wanted to see if my installation was corrupt or working as intended :)

I found 3 survivors, everyone did the same :D the survivor just run forward to the zombie and then the staring competition started :D

Thank you for the response, just wanted to see if my installation was corrupt or working as intended :)

I found 3 survivors, everyone did the same :D the survivor just run forward to the zombie and then the staring competition started :D

just ignore it and enjoy the rest of the game, eventually they will start hit each other. You will met other survivors with shotguns and they will shoot zombies for sure :D

okay, no problem. You are missing the Config.xml file from the repo though. It needs to go in the same folder as the 7daystodie binary.

That helped to atleast start the server, I thought it was just a scrap file like .gitignore and .gitattributes, so I never even unpacked those files when unzipping to my master folder. Interesting that it works in windows without that file though.

But I'm getting other errors now -.-

2017-05-14T14:20:57 66,641 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Unknown char: .)

2017-05-14T14:20:57 66,641 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

and a whole bucketload of others errors, probably related to not finding the items from blocks.xml

Tried to reupload from the zipfile, tried with dos2unix on the file and tried an online validator on the file, no errors in the file found, tried to git-clone the repo straight down to the linux machine but same error.

If i start the server with the Config folder from regular 7days, it starts though. so It's definitly something with the files :s

I think I'll gonna punch my friend if he says Linux is just as easy as windows again.

This has been crazy. Took about 3 minutes to get it to work on on my windows server -.-

It's starting to feel like this is a hopeless task and we will just have to abandon the hope of using this mod for real :(

Here is the log incase it helps some last ideas https://pastebin.com/E5k29WDg

/Holo

That helped to atleast start the server, I thought it was just a scrap file like .gitignore and .gitattributes, so I never even unpacked those files when unzipping to my master folder. Interesting that it works in windows without that file though.

But I'm getting other errors now -.-

2017-05-14T14:20:57 66,641 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Unknown char: .)

2017-05-14T14:20:57 66,641 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

and a whole bucketload of others errors, probably related to not finding the items from blocks.xml

Tried to reupload from the zipfile, tried with dos2unix on the file and tried an online validator on the file, no errors in the file found, tried to git-clone the repo straight down to the linux machine but same error.

If i start the server with the Config folder from regular 7days, it starts though. so It's definitly something with the files :s

I think I'll gonna punch my friend if he says Linux is just as easy as windows again.

This has been crazy. Took about 3 minutes to get it to work on on my windows server -.-

It's starting to feel like this is a hopeless task and we will just have to abandon the hope of using this mod for real :(

Here is the log incase it helps some last ideas https://pastebin.com/E5k29WDg

/Holo

Right, yeah, it is frustrating, but you are almost there.

The way True Survival handles SDX is that it looks for Config.xml in the top level. Once it finds the Config.xml, it looks for a folder called Mods, then recursively looks for the assets. Without the Config.xml, SDX didn't initialize, so it didn't recursively search for the assets.

The blocks.xml, Unknown Char error is very likely due to end of lines that were converted using WinSCP. You can try this, once again from the 7daystodie binary:

find Data/Config -name "*.xml" -exec dos2unix {} \;

Now, that may not help too much, since the damage was already done via WinSCP.

You have two options, re-downloading from Linux, and playing with WinSCP settings.

Linux:

Run:

wget https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/TrueSurvivalSDXServer/archive/master.zip

This will download a master.zip file. You can then use unzip master.zip to extract it. Then Copy it in place.

From WinSCP:

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_line_breaks

Right, yeah, it is frustrating, but you are almost there.

The way True Survival handles SDX is that it looks for Config.xml in the top level. Once it finds the Config.xml, it looks for a folder called Mods, then recursively looks for the assets. Without the Config.xml, SDX didn't initialize, so it didn't recursively search for the assets.

The blocks.xml, Unknown Char error is very likely due to end of lines that were converted using WinSCP. You can try this, once again from the 7daystodie binary:

find Data/Config -name "*.xml" -exec dos2unix {} \;

Now, that may not help too much, since the damage was already done via WinSCP.

You have two options, re-downloading from Linux, and playing with WinSCP settings.

Linux:

Run:

wget https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/TrueSurvivalSDXServer/archive/master.zip

This will download a master.zip file. You can then use unzip master.zip to extract it. Then Copy it in place.

From WinSCP:

https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_line_breaks

After downloading it with that wget command, and extracting the folders it gives the same error unfortunatly.

I deleted the folders and cp'd in the new unpacked folders via putty to be certain it would be unaltered but nope.

It feels like Linux still is struggling with similar user-hostility issues since i first tested it back in 98 >.<

/Holo

After downloading it with that wget command, and extracting the folders it gives the same error unfortunatly.

I deleted the folders and cp'd in the new unpacked folders via putty to be certain it would be unaltered but nope.

It feels like Linux still is struggling with similar user-hostility issues since i first tested it back in 98 >.<

/Holo

Sorry, I just got back in. So you got the blocks error again with the char '.'? Could you upload the contents of this file to pastebin?

Sorry, I just got back in. So you got the blocks error again with the char '.'? Could you upload the contents of this file to pastebin?

Sure! And no need to say sorry! I'm immensely grateful for the help I have gotten so far! \o/

I've had to split it in twice due to filesize limits on pastebin, but I transfered it with textmode with winSCP and opened it in notepad++, that should keep it as intact as I can get it (I hope).

part 1 https://pastebin.com/znA3gpNK

part 2 https://pastebin.com/t4pHBAV0

I certainly hope they make the logs more useful in the future to actually say -where- in the file an error like this occured

/Holo

Sure! And no need to say sorry! I'm immensely grateful for the help I have gotten so far! \o/

I've had to split it in twice due to filesize limits on pastebin, but I transfered it with textmode with winSCP and opened it in notepad++, that should keep it as intact as I can get it (I hope).

part 1 https://pastebin.com/znA3gpNK

part 2 https://pastebin.com/t4pHBAV0

I certainly hope they make the logs more useful in the future to actually say -where- in the file an error like this occured

/Holo

The file looks alright. Yes, if they had a line number, it would be great.

Which distribution are you running?

It seems like he's running Debian V8 from what I can gather.

Let's try to validate the XML on the debian machine.

Run:

sudo apt-get install libxml2

then, from the 7daystodie binary path, run this:

xmllint Data/Config/blocks.xml

This should validate the XML file, and see if there's any errors in it.

Also,

md5sum Data/Config/blocks.xml

file Data/Config/blocks.xml

Let's try to validate the XML on the debian machine.

Run:

sudo apt-get install libxml2

then, from the 7daystodie binary path, run this:

xmllint Data/Config/blocks.xml

This should validate the XML file, and see if there's any errors in it.

Also,

md5sum Data/Config/blocks.xml

file Data/Config/blocks.xml

xmllint didnt seem to find anything to complain about, just outputs the content of blocks.xml to the terminal.

I tried this command,xmllint --noout blocks.xml; echo $? (from Config/Data folder) and it output 0, which should be no errors found?

md5sum command gave this output: 3f81de1855e7ff66f1f792836c70fc24 Data/Config/blocks.xml

file command gave this: Data/Config/blocks.xml: exported SGML document, ASCII text, with very long lines

xmllint didnt seem to find anything to complain about, just outputs the content of blocks.xml to the terminal.

I tried this command,xmllint --noout blocks.xml; echo $? (from Config/Data folder) and it output 0, which should be no errors found?

md5sum command gave this output: 3f81de1855e7ff66f1f792836c70fc24 Data/Config/blocks.xml

file command gave this: Data/Config/blocks.xml: exported SGML document, ASCII text, with very long lines

Excellent. Thanks for the information. So the XML is valid. The md5sum matches the repos, so WinSCP is transfering it fine.

So, yeah, cool. Your files are good :)

can you give me the output of the command locale? It's non-US, I'm assuming?

Excellent. Thanks for the information. So the XML is valid. The md5sum matches the repos, so WinSCP is transfering it fine.

So, yeah, cool. Your files are good :)

can you give me the output of the command locale? It's non-US, I'm assuming?

Yeah, he's a silly serverowner that doesn't use the good english language, and instead goes for our native jibberish, which I have cursed on several times trying to figure out how to translate it to english so I could google on the error/problem :p

But this is the full output of the locale command

LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8

LANGUAGE=

LC_CTYPE="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_TIME="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_MESSAGES="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_PAPER="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_NAME="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_ADDRESS="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_TELEPHONE="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_MEASUREMENT="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_IDENTIFICATION="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_ALL=

Yeah, he's a silly serverowner that doesn't use the good english language, and instead goes for our native jibberish, which I have cursed on several times trying to figure out how to translate it to english so I could google on the error/problem :p

But this is the full output of the locale command

LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8

LANGUAGE=

LC_CTYPE="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_TIME="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_MESSAGES="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_PAPER="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_NAME="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_ADDRESS="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_TELEPHONE="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_MEASUREMENT="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_IDENTIFICATION="sv_SE.UTF-8"

LC_ALL=

Haha I understand your grief. It's his locale that is flibbering him up, I think. My first Linux install (25 years ago...) was a Portuguese distribution.. and I thought "wow, this Linux stuff is hard!". Once I got the english version, things started working better for me :)

Try changing it to en_US.UTF-8, or something that is very similar to en_US. Even if you set it within the your startup script.

Here's what I do:

Install the 7dtd dedicated server from Steam. Move these files to another directory.

Unzip the TS Server files into the same directory, overwriting everything.

Edit the serverconfig.xml and 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/settings.ini to suit. (Or overwrite with backups.)

Start the server with 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -sdxconfig=/path/to/settings.ini -configfile=serverconfig.xml

Or... if you want it to run in the background use this (after changing the paths of course):

nohup /home/piist/7/7\ Days\ to\ Die\ Dedicated\ Server/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -sdxconfig=/home/piist/7/7\ Days\ To\ Die\ Dedicated\ Server\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\settings.ini -configfile=serverconfig.xml &>/dev/null &

thx 4 answer, that was easy as ♥♥♥♥ and worked like charm !

Any tips on how to balance out the difficulty around playing with just 4 people?

Does anyone have any tips on how to tweak the 7th day horde spawn to be tone down to be best suited for only 4 people or a way to increase the resource gather rate, xp rate? We already set the spawn rate of the zombies down to the lowest setting but come the 7th night too many of them spawn and steam roll the base we had set up.

Does anyone have any tips on how to tweak the 7th day horde spawn to be tone down to be best suited for only 4 people or a way to increase the resource gather rate, xp rate? We already set the spawn rate of the zombies down to the lowest setting but come the 7th night too many of them spawn and steam roll the base we had set up.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have never spent horde night at my base after seeing it take a pounding.

I live by day and build at a home and come the 7th/14th whatever day, shack up at an already found and allocated zombie fighting arena.

Zombies will always destroy some part of something that night even on vanilla.

Haha I understand your grief. It's his locale that is flibbering him up, I think. My first Linux install (25 years ago...) was a Portuguese distribution.. and I thought "wow, this Linux stuff is hard!". Once I got the english version, things started working better for me :)

Try changing it to en_US.UTF-8, or something that is very similar to en_US. Even if you set it within the your startup script.

...Amazing. I added en.US locale and activated in on my console, and it started. Everything works now, playing right now. \o/

all this work, for such a ♥♥♥♥ty little detail O.o

I'm so extremely grateful for the help. I would have never, ever, ever figured this out on my own! Many many many thanks!

Hopefully, these posts can help some unfortunate soul with the same problem I had!

/Holo

...Amazing. I added en.US locale and activated in on my console, and it started. Everything works now, playing right now. \o/

all this work, for such a ♥♥♥♥ty little detail O.o

I'm so extremely grateful for the help. I would have never, ever, ever figured this out on my own! Many many many thanks!

Hopefully, these posts can help some unfortunate soul with the same problem I had!

/Holo

Definitely not an intuitive problem, and I appreciate your patience in seeing it until the end :)

Enjoy playing the mod :)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have never spent horde night at my base after seeing it take a pounding.

I live by day and build at a home and come the 7th/14th whatever day, shack up at an already found and allocated zombie fighting arena.

Zombies will always destroy some part of something that night even on vanilla.

I agree that a good approach to the 7th day is to have a horde night "fort" separate from your main base. I tend to connect these two with an underground tunnel as an escape route back to our main base. In this mode there are base busters and cops which can be very difficult to stop unless you design a fighting area that slows their advance enough to give you a fair chance of killing them before they breech your inner defenses. A layered defense extended out far enough out and around a tower that offers good line of sight to the perimeter works well.

For example, (there are just 2 of us on our server) place wood spikes and/or barbed wire around your tower at a range that you can reliable hit headshots from up on the tower. Closer in we surround the tower with a wall of "50" columns with indented nooks that hold doors that attract the attention of any zombies that penetrate the spike layer. These are set so the door is in the base of the U shaped nook so we can safely fire from the side at point blank while they beat on the door. I tend to use 3 doors placed close together rather than repairing a single door setup. When the last door is close to failing we fall back again to inside the base of the tower and melee through wall openings and from openings below and above. When this get breeched we retreat down a hatch to a defensive setup under the base. The last defense is a series of door and sniper openings as we retreat to the main base through the tunnel.

By this time the bloodmoon is over and we can surface and cleanup the mess. The damage is confined to the narrow retreat path we used, and only takes a few minutes to repair. This defense is lots of fun, provides lots of loot, and we prefer it to simply occupying a random POI rooftop and letting the horde destroy it or hiding underground and waiting until morning.

While horde night on this mod can be difficult, it isn't close to being impossible. Had Spider implemented the "Hungry" versions of the zombies on bloodmoon nights, well, then impossible would have been a possibility, but fortunately those currently never spawn in this mod.

<item id="200" name="partsMaster"> rewards <property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Gun Smithing" /> ?

I made handle bars, gave gun smith xp

Thanks. Will change that to engineering xp.

Bought Treasure Hunter Perk to Lvl 3 and the area for finding the treasure chest is HUGE. Like 30'x30' box huge. I think someone else had this problem previously in the thread but i dont remember if there was a solution. Any ideas on why or how to fix it in my game?

Also, iron pipe has a trade value of 2 or 3 gun casings but if you build a Crossbow Barrel (2 pipes) you can sell that to a Trading Post for 250 value.

Bought Treasure Hunter Perk to Lvl 3 and the area for finding the treasure chest is HUGE. Like 30'x30' box huge. I think someone else had this problem previously in the thread but i dont remember if there was a solution. Any ideas on why or how to fix it in my game?

Also, iron pipe has a trade value of 2 or 3 gun casings but if you build a Crossbow Barrel (2 pipes) you can sell that to a Trading Post for 250 value.

I have read that this is bugged for some and works well for others. The code looks correct though. The only theory I can come up with is that there is a minimum distance required for the perk to work correctly. In vanilla the perk progression is 11,9,7,5. In this mod, it is 9,5,3,1. So perhaps the minimum radius must be greater than 1? If you want to test, change the treasure hunting perk progression to 9,7,5,3 and see if that fixes your radius issue at perk 3.

I may need to go through all the sell item prices. There may be more of these. Thanks for pointing this one out.

Archived