Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

3 hours ago, Phil said:

I had something similar, and it was also a fresh install, a sea of red errors, damn, blast etc. I only copied the folders across to the mod folder but not the files. As soon as I copied the files it worked. Just maybe you forgot to do that. Apart from that I have no dea as I like to try the simple solutions first and go further in complexity, at least I try.

It's a 2.X mod launcher problem, there's a 3.x mod launcher already available and sphereii is working on 4.x mod launcher already, those should for the most part work and install UL correctly

11 minutes ago, CaptainKlums said:

Hi so i've been searching the web for an hour no and nowhere i can find the actual answer to the question: how do i craft better quality items? Or is this only possible through looting? Thanks!

Maintenance Station - upgrade tab, that's the only way how to 'craft' better quality stuff. If you craft something from scratch, it always will be lowest quality.

1 hour ago, CaptainKlums said:

Hi so i've been searching the web for an hour no and nowhere i can find the actual answer to the question: how do i craft better quality items? Or is this only possible through looting? Thanks!

You only can craft H quality.

Then you need to upgrade the items with the maintance station.

But beware, higher quality items will maybe need higher tier resources to repair.

On 6/28/2022 at 1:01 AM, Subquake said:

It's a 2.X mod launcher problem, there's a 3.x mod launcher already available and sphereii is working on 4.x mod launcher already, those should for the most part work and install UL correctly

If I was using a launcher, which I don't. I manually install the mods. I was replying to some other person who had issues similar to me.

On 6/27/2022 at 9:17 PM, PoloPoPo said:

I am on day 10 now with my very first UL playthrough and first of all I have to say it is an awesome mod with so many cool features. Thank you very much Subquake!

While I still don't fully understand lots of stuff and am eager to find out about all of that myself I have got one question about lockpicking:

So... I press A or D a bit and press SPACE to try to pick the lock. If it works I hold SPACE down until the lock is open, if it does not work I press A or D a bit again, followed by SPACE. This way it is 100 % luck to find the right position until you can press SPACE. I guess I am missing something or doing something wrong? Couldn't find a UL lockpicking guide on Youtube so maybe someone here wants to explain that.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

11 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

Anyone?

Just as in the real world, you wouldnt know which way to turn the lockpick, so yes, you have to wiggle a bit to find where to turn. If you go up in the skill "lockpicking", I think you will get a larger space where it accepts and the lockpick lvl will get higher. even tho, yes you have to wiggle a bit to pick the lock. 

If you have a bunch of lockpick you can also press the "Auto Pick" button, even tho you might use more lockpicks that way. 

gl and happy picking

3 hours ago, Phil said:

If I was using a launcher, which I don't. I manually install the mods. I was replying to some other person who had issues similar to me.

I dont use the launcher either, I do get screamers on every dedicated server I've made. You have to produce "heat", like a bunch of furnace, campfire and so on or go nuts with the auto shutgun. Even tho, in the low levels they are less likely to appear, I usually see the first screamer around lvl 15-20 ish. 

1 hour ago, soulphreak said:

great mod, grindy like hell (almost feels like an MMO in that regard) but i like it :)

one question though, is there really no recipe to craft jars?

At this moment in time yes, you cannot craft jars or bottles

3 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Anyone?

Just pick one side.

Move the lockpick 2mm, shortly press SPACE and watch the lock.

When move, you can press SPACE again and check how far it goes, and adjust at smallest possible keyclicks at one side.

When it shutter, move 2 mm further and try again.

When the lock level is similar to your skill level, maybe you should the bufffood that give you +75 skill. That helps for the bigger chests too.

For the big safe you prolly should have some timed charges until you get better skill and RL skill to pick the lock.

Don't leave the lock, or you progress is lost.

I mean when you probed the left side and left the lockscreen, the next time you need to check the left side again.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

6 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Anyone?

I use the mouse to rotate the tension tool instead of A and D. It works better for me. I start moving in large steps and give the space key a tap. If the lock jiggles a bit more than normal I then make smaller adjustments. I can usually pick the locks pretty quickly.

15 hours ago, CaptainKlums said:

Another day another question ;) how can i know if there is an update available for Undead Legacy? There is an update-button in the launcher, but it allways says update available, regardless of updates being actually available or not. Thanks!

In the mainmenue of the game you can see, if a new update is available.

Edited by Daikan (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, TheBleuFez said:

Greetings... love the look of this mod! Does anyone know if the Undead Legacy-A20 mod files have been prepped for MacOS yet?

Need to use run_bepinex.sh for MacOS (included in the zip) and if it doesn't work as is, you might have to look inside the script and update it or something, I don't have a Mac, so I can't really help much with troubleshooting

Hi, i'm having some issues with the zombies IA on the mod, i made a plataform base with a ramp for the Zs and they just ignored completely the path and started to go wild on the foundations of the base. Is this intended to make bases harder to build or is there a bug? i'm on the blood moon day and my only base wont work. Sorry the english, not my native language.

6 minutes ago, ggrodrigo said:

Hi, i'm having some issues with the zombies IA on the mod, i made a plataform base with a ramp for the Zs and they just ignored completely the path and started to go wild on the foundations of the base. Is this intended to make bases harder to build or is there a bug? i'm on the blood moon day and my only base wont work. Sorry the english, not my native language.

Undead Legacy does not alter how AI works, it should work just like in vanilla

10 hours ago, ggrodrigo said:

I believe that TFP have regarded the "zombies running up steps onto a platform (leading to your base entrance), but then falling onto spike traps" - as being "cheesy", and so they have now disabled that pathing in A20. Some Zeds now may get up to the top step, but they then become 'confused' and just turn back. This used to be a common and good defense, IMO. I read a note on it somewhere, but (sorry) I can't quote it ATM.

My containers are just out of range in my base I was curious if I can edit the broadcast radius of the containers for workbenches, slightly to around 20 meters please and would it affect performance also what file needs to be edited.

love the mod 

3 hours ago, motorxp90 said:

My containers are just out of range in my base I was curious if I can edit the broadcast radius of the containers for workbenches, slightly to around 20 meters please and would it affect performance also what file needs to be edited.

love the mod 

No, you cannot edit the radius, it's currently hard coded to 10 meters and there are technical limitations as to why it is such