Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Hey Subquake, whenever I start the server up I get a string of errors like these -

2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest'     ]/spawn[@time='Day'     and @entitygroup='ZombiesAll'                   ]/@maxcount"  (line 2 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest'     ]/spawn[@time='Night'   and @entitygroup='ZombiesNight'                 ]/@maxcount"  (line 3 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest'     ]/spawn[@time='Any'        and @entitygroup='WildGameForest'                ]/@maxcount"  (line 4 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest'     ]/spawn[@time='Night'   and @entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsForest'           ]/@maxcount"  (line 5 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert'            ]/spawn[@time='Any'        and @entitygroup='ZombiesAll'                    ]/@maxcount"  (line 7 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert'            ]/spawn[@time='Night'    and @entitygroup='ZombiesNight'                    ]/@maxcount"  (line 8 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert'            ]/spawn[@time='Any'        and @entitygroup='WildGameForest'                ]/@maxcount"  (line 9 at pos 3)

Although everything seems to work fine, and we aren't getting any crashes or anything. I'm guessing the culprit is EnZombies, as that is the only other mod we have installed (love your mod, but boy do we get tired of the same dozen or so default zombies). Does that sound about right?

Reading through posts in his forum I saw there was some history where he had made a patch that was literally your code with whatever he needed to insert that you asked him to take down.. but any chance we could get an approved patch? His mod doesn't change the gameplay by all that much, just adds a ton of variety to enemy types.

Honestly, not sure its even needed (as far as I can tell outside of the errors being thrown, everything is still working), but thought I would ask.

Anyway, love the mod, can't wait for the upcoming updates and the 1,000 more items you have planned! :D

59 minutes ago, Onoes said:

Hey Subquake, whenever I start the server up I get a string of errors like these -

2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest'     ]/spawn[@time='Day'     and @entitygroup='ZombiesAll'                   ]/@maxcount"  (line 2 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest'     ]/spawn[@time='Night'   and @entitygroup='ZombiesNight'                 ]/@maxcount"  (line 3 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest'     ]/spawn[@time='Any'        and @entitygroup='WildGameForest'                ]/@maxcount"  (line 4 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='pine_forest'     ]/spawn[@time='Night'   and @entitygroup='EnemyAnimalsForest'           ]/@maxcount"  (line 5 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert'            ]/spawn[@time='Any'        and @entitygroup='ZombiesAll'                    ]/@maxcount"  (line 7 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert'            ]/spawn[@time='Night'    and @entitygroup='ZombiesNight'                    ]/@maxcount"  (line 8 at pos 3)
2022-06-20T13:31:23 204.127 WRN XML patch for "spawning.xml" from mod "UndeadLegacy_ContentModule01" did not apply: <set xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert'            ]/spawn[@time='Any'        and @entitygroup='WildGameForest'                ]/@maxcount"  (line 9 at pos 3)

Although everything seems to work fine, and we aren't getting any crashes or anything. I'm guessing the culprit is EnZombies, as that is the only other mod we have installed (love your mod, but boy do we get tired of the same dozen or so default zombies). Does that sound about right?

Reading through posts in his forum I saw there was some history where he had made a patch that was literally your code with whatever he needed to insert that you asked him to take down.. but any chance we could get an approved patch? His mod doesn't change the gameplay by all that much, just adds a ton of variety to enemy types.

Honestly, not sure its even needed (as far as I can tell outside of the errors being thrown, everything is still working), but thought I would ask.

Anyway, love the mod, can't wait for the upcoming updates and the 1,000 more items you have planned! :D

It's not compatible with UL and that's it

11 hours ago, Onoes said:

but any chance we could get an approved patch?

You shouldn't ask that at UL, you should ask the author of the other mod about it.

But you notice self, UL is a very complex overhaul, it is difficult for other mods that based on vanilla to work with UL.

Use of other modlets together with any overhaul is not recommended, and you should be prepared to remove the mod.

Better test it at SP first, before you even try it at MP.

5 hours ago, Seal77 said:

Anyone have these errors on a fresh install using the mod launcher.

Be sure you have the latest version of the mod launcher.

Be sure you don't use any other modlets at first. Most Overhaul mods don't like other modlets.

Be sure you turned EAC off.

2 hours ago, PoloPoPo said:

Hi, I'm interested in playing this mod. Does it have compo pack included? If no, is it compatible with compo pack?

It does not have it included no, but if you would play with it, remove all trader from compo pack, though I highly recommend playing UL as is for the first time.

I have started a game already with compo pack but didn't know that removing trader was recommended (started new game before I saw your post). However, the trader from the initial starter quest is an UL trader I'd assume as there is this new guy standing near trader Joel. I don't even know how to remove traders from a map.

So... do I have a problem now like not being able to experience UL completely due to messed up traders?

And second, why would you recommend playing UL for the first time without compo pack? Due to increased difficulty or other reasons? I am on day 3 now and it is really tough but I love a challenge.

Just asking for your honest opinion, would not mind restarting without compo pack if I feel convinced :)

On 6/21/2022 at 1:18 AM, Canute said:

You shouldn't ask that at UL, you should ask the author of the other mod about it.

But you notice self, UL is a very complex overhaul, it is difficult for other mods that based on vanilla to work with UL.

Use of other modlets together with any overhaul is not recommended, and you should be prepared to remove the mod.

Better test it at SP first, before you even try it at MP.

Yeah, I get that - as I said, the other mod author did make a patch, but SubQuake asked him to take it down because (to the best of my understanding) the patch was just one of the UL files with the EnZombies spawning added in. Sub asked the other guy to remove it, as it was his UL file modified without his permission. The Enzombies mod immediately pulled it down and apologized for overstepping, so I guess I was just hoping they were in talks or something to get an approved patch out for those of us that use both.

I've been playing with both mods (no others) for months now, and outside of the errors in the log on startup, they seem to work fine together. I'm honestly not even sure if the errors are doing anything? The only thing I've noticed is that some zombies (such as the lumberjack) which I typically only see in snowy areas, are showing up randomly in the streets, so I think it might be messing with default spawning? Outside of that, they seem to be functionally working.

Again, hope this isn't seen as disparaging UL or SubQuake or anything, 100% love this mod and if I could only have 1 - hands down this. My biggest issue with default 7Days is - you level up fast, get everything you could want fast, and... then just kind of kill time until horde night every week. UL makes VAST strides towards slowing everything down to a level that makes it feel meaningful. Every time Sub talks about adding more complexity and items and stuff I'm just over here drooling! :D

But yeah, UL overhauls the gameplay, systems, and items, while Enzombies overhauls the zombies. My family likes both, so that's what we have been doing. Totally fine if that's not supported, totally SubQuakes call, I appreciate all his hard work and at the end of the day - this is his baby. No worries. 

Actually a moot point now anyway. After I typed all that out I was like "Wait...the error tells me where the problem is... and I know the patch was just code pasted into that xml... so is it as simple as copy pasting the code from one mod to the other?"

Apparently I just patched it myself, no more error.

So, up front, I want to say that this has to be the absolute cleanest overhaul for 7Days I've played. I love the hell out of this mod, and you've done an amazing job with it. I'm at day 12 or 13 testing it out, and while it certainly adds to the difficulty, everything is just so much better than Vanilla that it feels way better. 

If we're playing UL with the Compopack (Second run, this time for streaming, and hoping to get a Megacity for making my life hell) Would just straight up deleting the CP Traders folder work? 

19 hours ago, Canute said:

Be sure you have the latest version of the mod launcher.

Be sure you don't use any other modlets at first. Most Overhaul mods don't like other modlets.

Be sure you turned EAC off.

Everything you mentioned I made sure of. This also was a fresh install without adding any other mods.

1 hour ago, Seal77 said:

Everything you mentioned I made sure of. This also was a fresh install without adding any other mods.

Yes, but was it 2.X mod launcher? or the new 3.x or 4.x mod launcher, big difference in all of them! 2.x doesn't install UL correctly.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Hey Subquake! Seeing a continually scrolling error console popping up while using wood frames to build, output as in picture. It stops if I hit escape, and does not crash the game at all. Only seems to happen while using wood frames of any shape at this time. Game version 20.5 B2, Mod Version 2.5.82. Only using UL and CompoPack without the traders. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, FrigidWalrus said:

Hey Subquake! Seeing a continually scrolling error console popping up while using wood frames to build, output as in picture. It stops if I hit escape, and does not crash the game at all. Only seems to happen while using wood frames of any shape at this time. Game version 20.5 B2, Mod Version 2.5.82. Only using UL and CompoPack without the traders. 

spacer.png

You should not be getting these errors, if Undead Legacy was installed on a clean and unmodified version of A20.5b2, something is wrong with your installation of UL/Game or both. To troubleshoot this issue, join UL discord and ask for further assistance there. If you used Mod Launcher to install Undead Legacy, ask ML assistance for troubleshooting installation issues.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, MassiveGiraffe said:

Hey Subquake, your mod is really enjoyable!

Thank you so much for your hard work.

I have a question, is there a way to have your HP always visible even at full health outside of your inventory?

Not at the moment, no, it's hard coded that way and I forgot to add option to toggle that, maybe in a future update.

I am on day 10 now with my very first UL playthrough and first of all I have to say it is an awesome mod with so many cool features. Thank you very much Subquake!

While I still don't fully understand lots of stuff and am eager to find out about all of that myself I have got one question about lockpicking:

So... I press A or D a bit and press SPACE to try to pick the lock. If it works I hold SPACE down until the lock is open, if it does not work I press A or D a bit again, followed by SPACE. This way it is 100 % luck to find the right position until you can press SPACE. I guess I am missing something or doing something wrong? Couldn't find a UL lockpicking guide on Youtube so maybe someone here wants to explain that.

Thanks in advance.

On 6/22/2022 at 1:05 AM, Seal77 said:

Anyone have these errors on a fresh install using the mod launcher.

ULError.jpg

I had something similar, and it was also a fresh install, a sea of red errors, damn, blast etc. I only copied the folders across to the mod folder but not the files. As soon as I copied the files it worked. Just maybe you forgot to do that. Apart from that I have no dea as I like to try the simple solutions first and go further in complexity, at least I try.