Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

11 hours ago, Master_Elizibs said:

Does my UL mod update automatically or do I need to redownload the files and reinstall them?
says im on 19.3 (B6) ULM 2.2.84

If you want to keep your savegame/world it is allways a bad idea to have automatical updates.

Backup your world before you do manualy updates.

There is no garantee that a mod (special overhaul mods) still works with the new basegame version.

hey everyone, i have one issue why is my crate,box,car,ore and some zombie textures are looking so bad my graphic settings are pretty high why i am getting low quality textures? i deleted 7dtd and did fresh setup and still got low textures can someone help me ? (not using mod launcher)
https://ibb.co/jvzKyLv

Edited by doghorde (see edit history)

I have an issue where structures in the distance are completely white, then as i get closer they do a weird white bar moving thing, then pop into full texture when i'm in range. I've redownloaded the mod twice, and used various different graphical settings. It's not an issue in vanilla 7dtd, I also checked that. I'm using the experimental version. Do you have any ideas on what this could be? It's still playable, but quite distracting.

Just wanted to submit a few minor balance critiques I've had since starting my journey in Undead Legacy.

-I managed to snag a low quality AK from the trader for a measily few hundred Dukes within the first few days. I feel the value of this weapon should be greater as it's a very effective weapon with common ammo. I'm at lvl 32 now and still using the same rifle.

-I feel there might be an overabundance of repair kits early on. I can often walk out of an auto shop with a few dozen as there will he boxes with nothing but 5-10 kits. My personal opinion is repair kits disincentivize weapon diversity, since you can always fix up your primary.

Edited by Xamllew (see edit history)

@Xamllew

You can thank TFP regarding having repair kits left and right thrown at the player at amounts that rarely require you to actually make them yourself if you do enough looting. It's something that will be addressed once loot overhaul first major pass will be complete.

Regarding your AK from trader, mod balance with vanilla stuff is a constant struggle and some of that will be addressed with 2.4.XX update :)

@TwitchingDude I would love to see a screenshot of that visual glitch

My friend has installed UL on his comp today, he's having some asset loading issues. We both use ModLaucher to load the mod. I used it, works perfectly. I took him through the steps today and this is his current issue:

(apologies on the phone pictures, he's kinda comp nub and doesn't know how to take SS, hence why I'm posting for him lol)

He runs Steam as Admin (discord issues), and I had him run the game as Admin through the ModLauncher.

Any ideas what we can do to fix this? 

Thank you for the amazing mod you have created!!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

3 minutes ago, katarynna said:

I had something similar when i tried to load into the stable ul version while i was on 19.5.

If your game is updated to 19.5 you have to play the experimental version of ul, or roll back to 19.4.

Thank you, I will troubleshoot this and get back to you!

1 minute ago, pfrn said:

Have the same problems and my tools and weapons are H brown any help????   https://ibb.co/3f1tRSp

Reinstall the game fully to fix the white buildings, experimental requires a19.5 before applying the mod.

As for all items turning to H quality, that's normal with old saves, because how quality levels work was changed and completely reworked on all items

50 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Reinstall the game fully to fix the white buildings, experimental requires a19.5 before applying the mod.

As for all items turning to H quality, that's normal with old saves, because how quality levels work was changed and completely reworked on all items

Works thanks! And congratulations for the work in this mod ;) 

Hi.

The last experimental version for 19.5 has broke cardboard boxes. They're disappears after opening and there is a lot of things in it: hundreds of steel covers, coal, wooden planks, acid bottles and so on. Reinstalling of the game didn't solve the problem. 

21 minutes ago, Toshus said:

Hi.

The last experimental version for 19.5 has broke cardboard boxes. They're disappears after opening and there is a lot of things in it: hundreds of steel covers, coal, wooden planks, acid bottles and so on. Reinstalling of the game didn't solve the problem. 

Not my fault, it's because TFP introduced twitch integration and it so happened to be, that one of the twitch resource loot box ID was matching my undead legacy cardboard box ID and you get that now instead. There is a reason for the first sentence on my patreon post about the update/patch notes https://www.patreon.com/posts/51828952, that states: "Compatibility with old saves is unknown/untested! Proceed with caution when trying to load old saves, make backups and all that stuff!".

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

Not my fault, it's because TFP introduced twitch integration and it so happened to be, that one of the twitch resource loot box ID was matching my undead legacy cardboard box ID and you get that now instead. There is a reason for the first sentence on my patreon post about the update/patch notes https://www.patreon.com/posts/51828952, that states: "Compatibility with old saves is unknown/untested! Proceed with caution when trying to load old saves, make backups and all that stuff!".

What I can to do? Regenerate the world and start from beginning?

50 minutes ago, Toshus said:

What I can to do? Regenerate the world and start from beginning?

Quests will reset the POIs to have proper boxes, other suggestion is to move onto an unexplored region of the map or, figure out what region file your base is at and then delete everything except those region files.

59 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Quests will reset the POIs to have proper boxes, other suggestion is to move onto an unexplored region of the map or, figure out what region file your base is at and then delete everything except those region files.

Thank you very much! I'll try to do that.

2 Questions

1-Regarding tiers for the Carpenter's workbench. When are you able to upgrade or are they strictly blueprint items. 

2-I was watching someone else's playthroughs and in the early game they were able to create cardboard boxes but I can not do so. They are not in the workbench menu or my own crafting menu. 

15 minutes ago, KennyBMallNinja said:

2 Questions

1-Regarding tiers for the Carpenter's workbench. When are you able to upgrade or are they strictly blueprint items. 

2-I was watching someone else's playthroughs and in the early game they were able to create cardboard boxes but I can not do so. They are not in the workbench menu or my own crafting menu. 

Consult the ingame Journal, it has a bunch of entries starting with UL, explaining most of the intricacies of the mod. Crafting cardboard boxes was removed, because now you can pick up almost anything, storage containers, furniture, deco, lights etc (by holding E onto an ojbect and then through radial menu)

Higher tier carpenters tables craft things faster and some things yield more (like more planks, for example, and also unlock new recipes.