Server Managers

rm304

... seems to have become abandonware. Hasn't been updated in months, and putting in tickets seems to be a waste of time since no one ever responds, but someone is around to take your money for their charged "services" even if they are broke. This tool had the potential to be the best of them all, but w/o support and upkeep its just a waste.

hey Viper did you get any resolve on this. Since your comment here and on CBSM I have seen updates?

thanks Ari

Hey rm304 FRT is also available via the northern lan website. though we both know its very limited now for purpose. still good to see all actions in the console view. Which some hackers try to hide.

Anyways if you know FRT or anyone in the thread does, tell him Ill support him with unlimited traffic, a TLD, and cpanel access

I've been using 7DTDRAT to do remote admin stuff, Nice GUI for player lists and kick, ban, give items, check inventory. Almost exactly like FRT. Has everything FRT had with the exception of two features (Arena, and region resets). It has pretty much replaced FRT.

• 2 weeks later...
Botman is a very good game admin, But i need a GUI with a player list, admin tools for remote management. Although there is a hosted Botman site now. Not sure if that has a gui for it or not.

It will when I build one xD 2016 has been my busiest year so having time for that is proving tricky.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was huge fan of CBSM.. Was a paid Subscriber.. Many had issues getting started or getting things to work. The only issues were CBSM would disconnect randomly.

Issue came in late 2016 when support became non-existent. I pulled my subscription, and discontinued use as of 3/1/17. CBSM would spam the server with ads, even after selecting the option to remove ads.

Currently using RAT, however, lacks the features I had with CBSM..

Looking forward to using Botman though.. setup is not easy for people like myself with little knowledge of all steps involved with set up.. Hopefully this will become easier, I hear Many Many good things about Botman..

I have a few things from CBSM that I used often...

1) Admin LCB remove- removed all LCB's near me (it can be a pain to remove one at a time with rlp)

2) Player LCB remove- allowed a player to remove a LCB they had erroneously placed

3) Teleport

4) Interval Messages different color

5) Online map

6) IP blocks

Yeh, 99% of the stuff CBSM does is due to the mods that you're running. It's just a niftier interface.

I run:

Alloc's

Coppi's

Hal's

Stompy's

Eek's

...and I'm able to accomplish pretty much anything I want (and more than on most servers) by creating the custom events within RAT. CBSM just has those custom events created for you.

The online map is actually part of Alloc's fixes, and using Alloc's instead of the CBSM hack is WAY better. It's at your console port +2

Pretty sure the LCB commands are Allocs as well.

I'm sure All are Alloc's fixes, just modified. I'll have to look into Allocs mapping, I've tried using before and it would not load all chunks discovered by all players over time (like it would on CBSM).

thanks for the info

Yeh, 99% of the stuff CBSM does is due to the mods that you're running. It's just a niftier interface.

I run:

Alloc's

Coppi's

Hal's

Stompy's

Eek's

...and I'm able to accomplish pretty much anything I want (and more than on most servers) by creating the custom events within RAT. CBSM just has those custom events created for you.

are you able to track player movements on map?

haha, I am one lazy sob, would rather have one SM that handles everything instead of multiple things with who knows about how many setting up is required.. oh well, I was pampered, now not so much, LMAO :eagerness:

CBSM uses the same map, just with ads.

My alloc map loads all chunks discovered by players. There is a default "Reload tiles now" at the bottom, where you can set a timer for faster refresh of the map tiles, and maybe Alanine defaults to that, but it's the same mod.

All server managers do is add a gui method to using existing commands/mods. That's all it can do, without direct file access to your server. Sure, they can also use external databases to add features like zcoins and whatnot, but it's still using the existing game and mods.

are you able to track player movements on map?

I could, if I wanted to. The player position comes to the server manager via the listplayers command. Here's what a sample output looks like.

2017-03-30T21:38:21 190729.260 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 10.0.0.142:62795
1. id=94913, Vedui, pos=(493.7, 40.9, -6948.4), rot=(-5.6, 1812.7, 0.0), remote=True, health=93, deaths=1, zombies=16, players=0, score=12, level=6, steamid=<redacted>, ip=<redacted>, ping=256
Total of 1 in the game

...so I could just keep writing the player positions to the database, purging at say, the last 100, thus "tracking" the players movements, then having those positions show up on the map.

What CBSM (and all server managers) offer is "one SM that handles everything" so you can be pampered. Nothing wrong with that, I write my own programs to do the same, but it's important (I find) to understand how it works.

There are other commands (that come from mods) that can give more information. Check this out:

http://bcm.guppycur.com

...you won't find that anywhere else.

Based on THAT, I could reward players who have walked 1000k with running shoes, or who have crafted 1000 items with special gloves, or better yet, send someone with a gamestage of 1000 or more a horde of 50 ferals every day. :)

The possibilities are there, server managers just take advantage of the data already given.

I could, if I wanted to. The player position comes to the server manager via the listplayers command. Here's what a sample output looks like.

2017-03-30T21:38:21 190729.260 INF Executing command 'lp' by Telnet from 10.0.0.142:62795
1. id=94913, Vedui, pos=(493.7, 40.9, -6948.4), rot=(-5.6, 1812.7, 0.0), remote=True, health=93, deaths=1, zombies=16, players=0, score=12, level=6, steamid=<redacted>, ip=<redacted>, ping=256
Total of 1 in the game

...so I could just keep writing the player positions to the database, purging at say, the last 100, thus "tracking" the players movements, then having those positions show up on the map.

What CBSM (and all server managers) offer is "one SM that handles everything" so you can be pampered. Nothing wrong with that, I write my own programs to do the same, but it's important (I find) to understand how it works.

There are other commands (that come from mods) that can give more information. Check this out:

http://bcm.guppycur.com

...you won't find that anywhere else.

Based on THAT, I could reward players who have walked 1000k with running shoes, or who have crafted 1000 items with special gloves, or better yet, send someone with a gamestage of 1000 or more a horde of 50 ferals every day. :)

The possibilities are there, server managers just take advantage of the data already given.

whoa that link is awesome.. every info needed.. I need to learn what u guys know.. I'm learning as I go.. would be awesome if someone could show me the "ropes"

That's just a mod. Go to the mods section, look up stompy's API mod, install it on your server, then you too, will have access to the litany of new commands available that would give you anything from their experience points to being able to import prefabs.

...writing the website side, well, that's on you. :)

Mine is http://www.guppycur.com with generic info, the bcm one is stompy's, because he's fancier.

That's just a mod. Go to the mods section, look up stompy's API mod, install it on your server, then you too, will have access to the litany of new commands available that would give you anything from their experience points to being able to import prefabs.

...writing the website side, well, that's on you. :)

Mine is http://www.guppycur.com with generic info, the bcm one is stompy's, because he's fancier.

excellent thanks, like i said you guys are the bomb.com .. =)

what did you mean by saving lp to database then purging to track? that would be interesting to learn along with how you got all the info onto your page (img)

Whenever the LP command is run, it lists that data, right? Well, server managers do something with that data. They either ignore it, or use it for something. I'm saying, use it to write the players location to a database file, along with the time they were there, so you would then have historical data of where they were and when, each time the LP command was run.

Then you could do whatever you wanted with the data. Post a pin on the map at each location, for instance, indicating where they were, with a popup that shows the time. I assume that's all alanine is doing.

All *I* am doing with http://www.guppycur.com is reading the data, and writing it to a database. I then have a website set up that reads from the database and displays the data.

So one program to write to the database, and a website to read from the database.

Stompy's site http://bcm.guppycur.com literally reads from the players ttp files. MUCH fancier than my method, /and/ he has access to more data. I could run other commands other than LP to get more data, but I'm lazy and happy with how I have it.

Whenever the LP command is run, it lists that data, right? Well, server managers do something with that data. They either ignore it, or use it for something. I'm saying, use it to write the players location to a database file, along with the time they were there, so you would then have historical data of where they were and when, each time the LP command was run.

Then you could do whatever you wanted with the data. Post a pin on the map at each location, for instance, indicating where they were, with a popup that shows the time. I assume that's all alanine is doing.

All *I* am doing with http://www.guppycur.com is reading the data, and writing it to a database. I then have a website set up that reads from the database and displays the data.

So one program to write to the database, and a website to read from the database.

Stompy's site http://bcm.guppycur.com literally reads from the players ttp files. MUCH fancier than my method, /and/ he has access to more data. I could run other commands other than LP to get more data, but I'm lazy and happy with how I have it.

yay here I learned something.. Yep I know about the lp and recently learned how to read Position and transfer to Coords for map purposes... out of curiosity what program are you using to write to a database? I am assuming it is done automatically at set intervals so that it does it even when you are offline..

thanks for the info.. like I said, I'm learning I love computers, self teaching can only go so far without knowledge gained from others

I wrote an app that connects to the server via telnet, reads the incoming telnet stream and looks for key words every x seconds, then after finding those words, updates an access database with the data I want read from those words. Then my website reads from that db, and is set to an x second refresh.

I am in no means a programmer, but like you, I've a passion for computing. So I got on google, did a lot of research on writing in VB, wrote the app, got the help of Trekkan for the parts I couldn't figure out (he's the dude who wrote the RAT server manager), which ended up just being a better way for me to do what I was already doing, and I have it running on a spare computer.

I truly do plan to release it, as well as my website code, but all of the configuration is hard coded (the name of the db, what folder the game is in, etc) and I need to migrate that to some sort of setup form before releasing.

Archived