Server Managers

rm304

Update from Alanine on 7/19/2017:

"Hey guys,

The project is actually still active.

In case of issue, can provide details using the support page, and citing your service ID.

--

*Have finally located details to this forum account after changing workstations, ugh. Sorry! "

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?29827-CBSM-Cloud-based-Server-Manager&p=691928&viewfull=1#post691928

Yeah, he posted that a week ago.

I'm checking out the service again, but I'm not holding my breath.

It was the same when A15 came out. He said it was still active, said support is there and new features coming, but last update was October 2016. He (Alanine) needs to get on here and start communicating with his customers. I know I can message Smegzor right now and he would most likely respond right away. So if its CBSM vs Botman... my money is on Botman now. Been let down too many times by CBSM, as we all have.

• 1 month later...

I would definitely go back to CBSM as long as CBSM does not spam server chats with "Game (other) offers" every few minutes, even though this is set to '0' on dashboard

• 2 weeks later...

I'm adding a web interface to the botman manager. There's actually going to be multiple web interfaces (2 for now).

There is a live demo of one of them posted recently in my support thread on here. It is currently missing a lot of things so what you see is only the start. This interface won't be released to the public as source code but it will be available for a very small monthly fee to those who are self hosting bots (as a remote service) and it will be available to everyone hosted with Botmanhosting for something like $2 extra (we're still debating prices).

We've hired a coder for it so making it free isn't a great option for us. The interface that I am building separately to Botmanhosting will be free with full source. It will need to go through some peer review first to see that it is secure.

• 1 month later...

does any of these SM's track players (display via alloc's map) like CBSM could at one point in time? this would help in event of grievers / hackers (not saying we see much)

I have been watching all SM's; currently running RAT with BCM API.

the new server tools now has code to log locations which is helpful.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone use both Envul/CBSM with another server manager? I'm looking to see if I can get more options for my users.

-Dino

Ditch CBSM. Get Botman. You can also add server side dll mods like Bad Company Server Manager, Coppi's mods, lostminibike and use a server manager like Botman or RAT and grant your players access to some of the increased commands.

• 2 weeks later...
Can Botman and CBSM work on the same server or are there conflicts?

yes, there is a command in botman to make it CBSM friendly. Why you want to keep CBSM after you get botman is a mystery. CBSM is no longer supported, or if it is, beyond rarely. Botman can do what CBSM can do, but better. It's constantly being worked on, features added, matter of fact, its smegz0rs 2nd job to work on botman.

If you want a web based SM, Smegzor is working on a bot web gui and StompyNZ is working on a web interface for his BCSM as well. Better options out there.

You should take our advice about CBSM. I was a proud defender of the service for years, but got tired of the empty promises and complete lack of support. When it stops working, there is nothing you can do but apologize to your players, and hope its gets resolved. Botman has come a long way and can do anything CBSM can do.

The bot will detect CBSM (I resisted the urge to say detest) and it will automatically move all bot commands from using / to using ! You can tell it to use any symbol except for \ which is an escape character and I've had no luck getting the bot to accept it even though I can escape escape characters xD

You can also make the bot ignore CBSM and use / commands like normal.

The commands for this are..

/set cbsm friendly

/set cbsm unfriendly

It will accept anything after cbsm that isn't friendly so commands such as /set cbsm die die die, will work to make the bot ignore cbsm.

yes, there is a command in botman to make it CBSM friendly. Why you want to keep CBSM after you get botman is a mystery. CBSM is no longer supported, or if it is, beyond rarely. Botman can do what CBSM can do, but better. It's constantly being worked on, features added, matter of fact, its smegz0rs 2nd job to work on botman.

If you want a web based SM, Smegzor is working on a bot web gui and StompyNZ is working on a web interface for his BCSM as well. Better options out there.

Its usually for the map even though Alloc's map is faster. We need to convince Alloc to add API to draw coloured lines and squares and maybe even stick labels on the map. That's really all it is missing at this point.

I just want to back this up even more. CBSM has been questionably functioning for almost a year. The service is extremely spotty, and the single man running the show is MIA.

I updated the OP to note this, and I also removed FrontRunnerTek because it's just going to turn into a zombie if we leave it up there much longer.

• 2 weeks later...
Its usually for the map even though Alloc's map is faster. We need to convince Alloc to add API to draw coloured lines and squares and maybe even stick labels on the map. That's really all it is missing at this point.

leaflet is open source. Even has a polygon drawing plugin. Why dont you create it yourself?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
leaflet is open source. Even has a polygon drawing plugin. Why dont you create it yourself?

Cheers

I looked at it early on and trying to get my head around how the map tiles work curdled my brain. Aside from that, it would require server side modding which isn't currently my area of expertise. Also at least in my mind it makes sense to convince those who do server side modding really well how awesome an idea it is so they do all that hard work :) I prefer to stick with what I am good at for the moment.

can i use botman with windows 10? I rent my server and would have to run the bot through my home pc. Can i access the rented server via telnet or console?

Botman currently only runs on linux. You can rent a bot via botmanhosting.com or self host on a,linux vm on your win10 machine. Yes the bot accesses the server via telnet.

• 3 weeks later...
which would be the easiest to use to install a 7d2d server similar to ASM for ark would be nice but i am running windows 2012 r2

RAT would be a logical choice imo. Runs accompanied by one of the best api mods out there (BCM).

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38806-7D2D-RAT-Remote-Admin-Tool-(Server-Manager)

Servertools has loads to offer too but has no frontend (if thats important to you).

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?77267-Servertools-updated-to-5-5

For windows i think those are the best options.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived