A16 - The Spawner [SDX]

Mortelentus

This mod requires SDX 0.6.0 to run.

Ok, so this is a multifunction "fun" block, wich you can use in whatever imaginative way you can think. I originally created it as a simple zombie spawner for Pacco, but have introduced some other functions.

Let me run throught its main configurable properties (XML):

TickRate: How fast it does all the tasks.

SpawnRadius: If a player gets inside this area it starts spawning. If no players are inside the area it does not spawn anything. This value can be set to 0 if you want to disable spawning.

SpawnArea: When a spawning action is required, it will try to spawn the entities inside this area only.

RadiationArea: If a player gets inside this area he (or she) will suffer radiation damage. This value can be set to 0 if you want to disable radiation damage.

RadiationDamage: The amount of radiation damage it will make per tick, if the previous value if >0.

Buffs: If you set this value (1 or more buffs), this buffs will be applied to players inside the radiation area (if >0).

NumberToSpawn: max number of entities to spawn when a spawn action is required.

MaxSpawned: Max number of enemies allowed INSIDE the check area. This value can be set to 0 if you want to disable spawning.

CheckArea: Area inside which the maxSpawned is checked. This value can be set to 0 if you want to disable spawning.

EntityGroup: The entity group from which each spawn is chosen.

I do not provide any recipes with this mod, and it only contains a very simple example spawner in the xml.

TESTED FOR SINGLE PLAYER AND MULTIPLAYER

I urge you to use your common sense when introducing this in multiplayer. Huge maximum spawns and areas may not be a good idea on those environments, specially with very fast cycles (low tickrates)

Download it HERE

Demo Video

Here's an example of what you can do with it, if you use your imagination:

If you want to know more about what's in the forge, check my

A big thanks to Pacco for pushing me to do this for his arena!

Other mods released by me:

Hunting and Guerrila Traps

Fishing Mod

Spawners

Power Mod - electricity, heat, gas and much more

Advanced Farming

This is amazing! is there a download for the zombie nests?

No mate, haven't really made a "mod" for that... That's just xml work and a couple of custom block "skins" (which you can easly achieve following pacco guide), but the "background" work is entirely made with this spawner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived