A16 - 7DaysProfileEditor

Karlovsky120

• 1 month later...

Alright, I'm coming here with a problem after using the tool.

I'd lost my profile info for a SP map, reduced to level 1 with no inventory. In a panic, I found this tool and restored my stats relatively close to what I had and restored what inventory I could recall. All looked well, until I realized I wasn't gaining any character experience. I do gain skill experience with no issue.

Any suggestions by, well, anyone? I'd want to continue progressing normally without haivng to resort to further edit my profile as I saw levels fit.

Alright, I'm coming here with a problem after using the tool.

I'd lost my profile info for a SP map, reduced to level 1 with no inventory. In a panic, I found this tool and restored my stats relatively close to what I had and restored what inventory I could recall. All looked well, until I realized I wasn't gaining any character experience. I do gain skill experience with no issue.

Any suggestions by, well, anyone? I'd want to continue progressing normally without haivng to resort to further edit my profile as I saw levels fit.

A shame no one here has helped you yet. Your first posts and you get no response. =/ I wish I could help you. I have just began to learn hex editing and with your problem I have no clue. In your case I would test with a new save file and see if the same problem occur. If you are running any mods it can cause some trouble.

I have tried this tool with Starvation mod and the program would not even open when I pointed it to the Starvation mod. I see this editor only have updates to the 16.3 version and then it probably will not work for Alpha 16.4. This is the message I get:

"Error while procesing icons. Failed to load asset files. Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds".

It would be way easier if anyone here could say where in the *.ttp file you change players kills, score and deaths, cause it aint easy to locate even if you know some hex. I hope someone notice this thread and can help in any sort of way.

So now I have managed to find the zombie kills, deaths and player score at line offset 00000E50 in the player ttp file. The hex was backwards. Dunno if this is normal.

For example 1717 zombie kills is 6B5 in hex. But in the ttp file it reads B5 06. You can see this in the image file I uploaded. The attachment plugin did not work so I uploaded it at tinypic.

B5 06 is zombie kills = 1717

EE 05 is the score = 1518

05 is the death count = 5

http://oi65.tinypic.com/35kogib.jpg

I hope this helps.

edit: d*mn it, thought I was editing my prev. post.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I apologize for abandoning this thread.

This is how things currently are. I was approached by an user here to help maintain the project a while ago. I was really excited since nobody asked before and thought this would be great for the project, and that user has been given full permission to the project after a brief discussion.

However, user had then modified the program so it depended on server he hosted and assured me that it will be fine. He has also failed to follow certain code guidelines I have established. Since I was a bit burned out by the project, I have stopped tracking the progress of the project and left the user to maintain and develop it and hoped for the best.

After not receiving any emails regarding the project, I have discovered that the user has shut down his server, abandoned project and moved on. He had given me no heads up nor has notified me that he as left. He left the project in a broken state in which it currently is. I was quite discouraged with the whole situation and since I have begun work on another project, I had no will nor time to go through all the changes he did and selectively revert them, since some bugs were fixed.

Since all this occurred I have not maintained the project and I don't see myself doing it any time soon. By myself, that is. If there is someone who has will and some basic C# (there's really nothing advanced in the project) and git knowledge, they can send me a PM and together we could get the program running once again. Once it's in a working state, I'll try to keep it updated, since it shouldn't be too much work too often.

In case I don't respond to PM's here, open an issue on the project and leave the message there, I'm not online here often, I rely on forum sending me emails about PM, which it tends to forget from time to time.

• 3 months later...

Seen you updated the project on Github however it doesn't seem to work. The previous build works fantastic. Would be awesome to see it support the larger back pack mods example like the 80 slots. If you need a dedicated server to test on let me know I have 2

- Thanks

I fixed a minor bug, but the save file format was updated in the meantime, it doesn't work with the lates A16 build, and maybe a few older ones.

There are several things at play here:

I'm currently in process of obtaining components and setting up a server at home.

It's main purpose in terms of 7dtdPe will be recieving error reports when they happen to users. I want to collect all the relevant data and log everything that user did leading up to the error so I can fix it without relying on the user having to move a finger (except for agreeing to send the data). I have to inject logging everywhere in the code for that to work, andI'm gonna have to figure oit the server part.

Also, some changes were made to the codebase I'm not happy with, I want to refactor a lot of code so it's nice and clean again.

And of course, the game was updated since my last edit, and it will have a major update by the end of the year.

Knowing that, I'm not too keen of updating the program before the new alpha comes out, since it will be substantial.

And finally, I have a lot of college work I'll have to do in the following weeks, so I don't really have the time for all this right now.

Once the update is out, I'll try to get the program to a state where it's operational and where bugs are fixed within days of happening anywhere.

with the version before yours I got it to work with the files with no major issues. I was able to even modify it as well to open 80 slot backpacks and able to save the files. The only issue I seen was with the skills mainly that some of them didn't record or unlock recipes correctly. Only other issue was with the Icons as it seems to be hard coded somewhere to look at Allocs ItemIcons vs if any other ones were installed.

Possible change Idea would be to allow for custom Icons to load out of the Mods folder to reference.

I do a lot of programming myself as its what I do for a living so I could figure out most of it, however this is your baby as I see it and didn't want to step on any toes.

This biggest pain I seen so far is the Inventory area, The mouse over changing everything is annoying as it should be once you click on a slot it shouldn't change the top section. Looking at adding any user input to set back pack sizes and making the Window itself expandable.

Overall not bad work.

• 1 month later...

I've tried this latest, and the release before on the A17 Experimental build, and neither one works, they both crash. I can upload the error report if you'd like, but given all that they changed for this update I don't look for it to be as easy as repointing the app to the new files. Will help where I can though.

I've tried this latest, and the release before on the A17 Experimental build, and neither one works, they both crash. I can upload the error report if you'd like, but given all that they changed for this update I don't look for it to be as easy as repointing the app to the new files. Will help where I can though.

afaik this has been abandoned. Hasn't worked since before A16.4

• 1 month later...

Hello. How to make it work with a dedicated server?

I have 17 alpha dedicated server.

I need to open the ttp file and delete the item from the player. That's all. But the program does not even start. Although it is in the task manager.

configuration file indicates the path to the game. if you change to a dedicated server, then it tries to find 7DaysToDie_Data.

The released version works (kinda, maybe) for A16. I've been working on the A17 support for the last two weeks, but it's still not done. A17 was the biggest change compared to the previous alpha yet. I'm not really sure when I'll finish it, since I was hopeing it would already be done by now, but I didn't expect as major of a change, and now I'm out of free time again... :(

• 1 month later...
Hello. How to make it work with a dedicated server?

I have 17 alpha dedicated server.

I need to open the ttp file and delete the item from the player. That's all. But the program does not even start. Although it is in the task manager.

configuration file indicates the path to the game. if you change to a dedicated server, then it tries to find 7DaysToDie_Data.

I have the exact same problem, I have a bugged item that is corrupting my save.

• 2 months later...

Hi can anyone please teach me how to install this editor software please i am unable to use it. Also can anyone help me my 1st game is at 68days but i died 12 times seems that this is screwing up horde night spawns. other than creating a new game can anyone assist me on this. Thank you in advance. At least i'm glad i learned how to edit and set claim blocks to a count of 5 by using registry editor.

Well, just visit the Github repository (link in the first post) and go to the releases page. Just download the "7DaysProfileEditor.exe" and execute this file. No installation needed.

But, this editor is not compatible with Alpha 17, yet. There were some major changes in the save files, and this just eats your spare time.

It seems there are both bad and good news.

The bad news is that the author of the program has abandoned it. I've heard he no longer has no time nor will to update and maintain it.

The good news is that the whole project is opensource on github, so anyone who is willing to continue it's development can do so.

Archived