A16 - 7DaysProfileEditor

Karlovsky120

It just checks for SOME data in SOME xmls, so it isn't really comprehensive. It will detect mistakes in those parts, but the rest could be a real mess.

I thought about creating a donation button, but I decided against it. This was something done for fun and to learn.

I don't want people to have any expectations of me, or the project. I will update the program and provide support for as long as it's interesting to me (and I don't really think it won't be in any foreseeable future, but who knows). By putting donations into the mix, I'll feel obligated to work on it and maintain it. Eh, maybe it's not even about that, I'm just fighting my inner greed I guess. Maybe I lose one day.

That all being said, this program will always remain free and open source, so even if I decide to abandon it, I'd have no problem with someone else taking over. Hell, if anyone wants to work on it, they can, and I'll include any improvements to the release version, as long as they actually are improvements.

• 1 month later...

First of all, thank you for this tool you made, its really useful and it avoids to restart chars.

You said that people can download your source for maybe helping making a better GUI, well...

...when i download your files, my MVS13 alerts me tons of errors that files are missing, whatever i did with MVS-13

it didnt work. What program did you used to make this app? Why is your upload incomplete?

Regards...

I made it using MVS15. I'll have to check (which I won't be able to do for a few days) what's going on exactly.

You could just create a solution with two projects. One is the save manipulator and the other is the actual editor.

Just copy the proper source file to each one and reference the manipulator in the editor.

I also used a utility that combined the two projects into one at compile time, resulting with a single exe, instead of a dll and an exe. You could try get it as a NuGet package via the MVS command line. This is the package:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/ilmerge

EDIT: I know whats wrong, I didn't include the source of the manipulator with the editor. I'll fix it when I can. For now, just create the solution with two projects and download the source files for both the manipulator and the editor (they have separate github pages) and reference the manipulator in the editor.

aah ok, so i'll wait till you uploaded the missing files.

btw i also use MVS13.

MY main-focus is the GUI what allows invalid values that (can) creates errors in game.

Of course when im done one day I'll send you the files to check before they go online. :)

Regards...

I lied. I made it using MVS14. I don't know if it will work with the MVS13.

Everything you need to compile and run the program should now be in the repository. Even if the solution file won't work, you should be able to create a new solution and reconstruct it using the files provided.

Also, if you want to create a GUI that will allow illegal values, you could use the existing one and just add a flag settable via some menu that, if true, would ignore any restrictions I (or the game) imposed on the values. Might save you a lot of work and make it easier for future users of the program.

any ETAs on A16 support at least in experimental mode maybe?

i've got skills screwed up after update in my profile (like negative skills so it's not working properly) and need to fix it.

however haven't found any manual way of editing it. (may be u will share the way how to put misc construction skill to zero? i've tried console giveselfskillxp #skillname# 0 but it stays beyond limits still...

I won't be supporting any experimental versions of 7DTD.

Once a new version is officially out, I'll update the progran which will then work only for the newest version.

You could get Visual Studio and use the debugger to step through the progran as it reads the file - once you see it reads the appropriate skill, note the position in the file and edit it with a hex editor. Although, that a lot of work for someone who hasn't done anything similar before.

That's the best I can do.

I won't be supporting any experimental versions of 7DTD.

Once a new version is officially out, I'll update the progran which will then work only for the newest version.

You could get Visual Studio and use the debugger to step through the progran as it reads the file - once you see it reads the appropriate skill, note the position in the file and edit it with a hex editor. Although, that a lot of work for someone who hasn't done anything similar before.

That's the best I can do.

Thank you for that! not many people react like you, really appreciate! last time, i used VS a long long time ago, when i was young and beautiful! :) and now just no time for starting it again and refresh my debugging and sourcing skills. i'll wait some time i think, as it's not very much annoying currently. and that game takes so many time IRL. that's what annoying! :)

Please do. It's needed to fix the Misc Crafting bug after the last experimental version.

I was looking for a fix of that myself. My character currently has Misc Crafting 56 of 5. :)

Shouldn't it also be possible to fix that with console command giveselfskillxp with a negative number? I coudn't find out the internal name for Miscellaneous Crafting though. :(

I was looking for a fix of that myself. My character currently has Misc Crafting 56 of 5. :)

Shouldn't it also be possible to fix that with console command giveselfskillxp with a negative number? I coudn't find out the internal name for Miscellaneous Crafting though. :(

Id say its this one:

<perk name="craftSkillMiscellaneous" max_level="5" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="1" exp_to_level="5000000" exp_gain_multiplier="0"

icon="misc_crafting" description_key="craftSkillMiscellaneousDesc" title_key="craftSkillMiscellaneous" group="crafting">

Never did any modification to 7d2d. Can somebody tell me if I can change the perk back to a skill so I can continue my game? since it seems I cant just reset the perk

EDIT: mmh it seems pretty easy. If I understand this correctly, I would just need to change the perk section of the xml for a action skill part. But I asked about something like this for days in the forum and all said it was not possible, so I guess Im seeing somethign wrong

EDIT2: found a web with old xmls: http://7d2d.rocks/xml-defaults.php

I took the Misc Crafting xml segment and replaced my file with it. Ill let you know if it works @djkrose

EDIT3: it didnt work. I tried to replace juist the specific skill xml and also the entire progression.xml file, with the first a16 version. But the game didnt load :/

• 2 weeks later...
I lied. I made it using MVS14. I don't know if it will work with the MVS13.

Everything you need to compile and run the program should now be in the repository. Even if the solution file won't work, you should be able to create a new solution and reconstruct it using the files provided.

Also, if you want to create a GUI that will allow illegal values, you could use the existing one and just add a flag settable via some menu that, if true, would ignore any restrictions I (or the game) imposed on the values. Might save you a lot of work and make it easier for future users of the program.

Eeerm, ok, my mistake. I mean i want to fix the current gui what allows to enter illegal values or values that can lead to crash or bugs.

You didnt put any limits in i want to try fix, thats all. :)

Thank you for your help, imma go check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! We will be releasing a version soon that works with A16! YOU CAN FIX the Misc Crafting bug. The code is done, we are just testing the heck out of it before releasing!

Sorry it took so long to get A16 supported. I will be much quicker to support newer versions much sooner.

- - - Updated - - -

Eeerm, ok, my mistake. I mean i want to fix the current gui what allows to enter illegal values or values that can lead to crash or bugs.

You didnt put any limits in i want to try fix, thats all. :)

Thank you for your help, imma go check it out.

That will be my next task. It is possible to read in the skills and progression files to determine max (and minimal) values for a skill.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys! We will be releasing a version soon that works with A16! YOU CAN FIX the Misc Crafting bug. The code is done, we are just testing the heck out of it before releasing!

Sorry it took so long to get A16 supported. I will be much quicker to support newer versions much sooner.

- - - Updated - - -

That will be my next task. It is possible to read in the skills and progression files to determine max (and minimal) values for a skill.

is this working with a16 and avail for download?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
is there a link to download this and does it work for A16.2 MP?

I did _not_ test editing because I had no need for that.

Loading profiles and reading works, though, for A16.2 MP which is exactly what I'm using it for - eliminating guesswork as to who's slacking and by how much ;)

You will have to copy over your up-to-date blocks.xml, items.xml and progression.xml from your game folder or else, you will run into issues with odd referencing, i.e. inventory items not being found and profiles not loading.

I guess you could also just copy the exe to your game folder but I like my test environments clean.

As for a link, just use the one from the first post and trim the URL after '...7DaysProfileEditor/'.

In the paragraph at the bottom you will find a working link to the executable.

*sighs* I don't know whether this is frowned upon but here you go: I'm a link

Can always delete the link should the need arise.

The last release caused a malware warning for "ADWARE/Dotdo.vmqvs". I assume it's a false alarm... any idea what this might causing it?

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/facc258c29afa5413c63465e11f7be14efb601b6aa6a6cefec1b8474a5137c45/analysis/1504439609/

Edit: Just checked the source code... Maybe it's the auto updater that is also used by malware.. :\

Also, could you adjust the download link in the original post? Maybe link to the main release page...

You can download the tool here (along with the source code):

GitHub

404 Page not found.

Nice Tool but could you make it server compatible?

To look for "7DaysToDieServer.exe" and "7DaysToDieServer_Data" ?

Edit:

I wrote a small workaround batch to be compatible with the server.

[ATTACH]22537[/ATTACH]

mkdir ProfileEditor\Data\Config
mkdir ProfileEditor\7DaysToDie_Data
copy 7DaysToDieServer_Data\resources.assets ProfileEditor\7DaysToDie_Data\resources.assets
copy Data\Config\ ProfileEditor\Data\Config\
echo BLA > ProfileEditor\7DaysToDie.exe
move 7DaysProfileEditor.exe ProfileEditor\7DaysProfileEditor.exe
pause

To use it place the bat and the 7DaysProfileEditor.exe in the folder where the 7DaysToDieServer.exe is located.

Run the Bat only once! It will copy all needed files to a Folder named "ProfileEditor".

Go there and Start the 7DaysProfileEditor.exe and locate the 7DaysToDie.exe.

Run_Once.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived