True Survival

Spider

Heres an early look at mercenaries, animals and guard dogs you will be able to purchase and possibly get as quest rewards. Still needs alot of tweaking and balancing but you will get the idea.....

Very nice work. Looking good.

It will be nice to finally be able to collect animals and breed them and have a sustainable farm....... if you can stop the zombies from eating them of course.

Hi - been watching in background and had a quick look at your first tester... like whats forming... seen darkstars vids - awsome, Im currently playing on a couple o pvp servers with 7days2die (the bigger ones) will try and swing some of the players over when your ready to roll ;)

nb: Is it posible to have a lock breaking mod 4 doors (like vals) incorperated - little mods like that make a huge diff and stood out in his

(just leting yas know theres a few of us keeping an eye out otherwise)

Ok peps I have had a change of mind. I was changing the mod around to make it work with a quest/story line system I am designing but that system will depend on TFP fixing and balancing somethings in A17 like rwg and some others. But because this is not my first alpha I know better than to count on any of that happening in a timely manner.

So instead of building a new untested mod around this new untested quest line I will build the new quest line onto the 16.2 mod. That being said the new plan is to update the 16.2 True Survival Mod to work in A17. After that I can make changes using some of the new ideas that have been shared. I know one change from the start is the simpler building progression, I already have it coded and I think it will have better "game play" than the old one where you had to use a select tool to get the mats from a block.

So change your track of thought and let me know of anything in 16.2 True Survival that needs improvement/fixing before it goes into A17.

Considering they took what? 18 months to get from A16 to A17 you've got plenty of time before another update, at most you have another week or two until stable is released. Just an opinion, I would not go backwards to 16.2. There is a lot wrong with A17 but there is also a lot of good too. The dungeon houses, new POIs, the guns look and sound better (bring back parts if possible, that was always a fun part of upgrading weapons), trucks and gyrocopters. Please don't go back to circling zombies!

Considering they took what? 18 months to get from A16 to A17 you've got plenty of time before another update, at most you have another week or two until stable is released. Just an opinion, I would not go backwards to 16.2. There is a lot wrong with A17 but there is also a lot of good too. The dungeon houses, new POIs, the guns look and sound better (bring back parts if possible, that was always a fun part of upgrading weapons), trucks and gyrocopters. Please don't go back to circling zombies!

Thats not what spider means. TS is not reverting back to a16.2, its not possible anyway. Hes going to take what he can from ts a16 that will work in a17 and put his own spin on a17 features. So, not going backwards. One thing you can count on, its always gonna be wild in ts, and hard lol. Spider? :spider:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spider just wanted to share a few A17 requests with you. The first is the ability to recruit and build a community of survivors. Survivors that can be assigned tasks (similar to Starvation). The other is NPC's that will attack your base with guns and explosives. I realize these are tall orders but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I look forward to seeing your A17 mod in action. Take care.

Heres an early look at mercenaries, animals and guard dogs you will be able to purchase and possibly get as quest rewards. Still needs alot of tweaking and balancing but you will get the idea.....

Just took a look at your work and it looks amazing. Im working on something similar and was wondering what exactly youre using to get the wolf to follow. Ive been using AITask Approach Distraction to achieve something similar but yours looks much smoother and more consistent, so I was wondering if you had any advice or could point me in the right direction.

I'm not missing just been busy. If you would like to keep up on the new 3d models I'm putting in you can check in on my screen shot section on Steam here-https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071700260/screenshots/

So far just finished adding 22 new melee weapons, 10 new gore blocks, new loot blocks, rusty vehicles and a few new Workstations. Check back often because when I finish adding something I will take a screen shot.

I'm not missing just been busy. If you would like to keep up on the new 3d models I'm putting in you can check in on my screen shot section on Steam here-https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071700260/screenshots/

So far just finished adding 22 new melee weapons, 10 new gore blocks, new loot blocks, rusty vehicles and a few new Workstations. Check back often because when I finish adding something I will take a screen shot.

Hey Awsome - thanks for the update... Lookin forwd to see what it ends up like

PS: have you thought about a patreon page to help cover server funding? ( Im a supporter of 'HWS" servers from "Empyrion" Game, and combined their up to $500 mthly toward running costs - ?should be ok by fun pimps TOS? as would be for server running cost and the likes ;)

Edited by Rickachae (see edit history)

@Rickacha-

Hi Rick I have thought about it but I do not think it would be legal for people to do that with this game or its servers. The reason is this part

"Using Patreon, creators establish perks and tiers for patrons, offering exclusive content and access to their work in exchange for financial support."

That is explicitly stated to be not allowed for 7D2D Mod creators and/or 7D2D Server owners. If a server owner/modder is doing it, it is illegal and you should report them. I do accept plain donations through PayPal but we Modders/Server Owners are not allowed to accept money for any type of exclusive 7D2D product, be that a modding product or a perk of any type on a server running 7D2D. Even charging a maintenance fee for access to play on a server is not allowed.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm working on a modification of a16.2, which is itself a modification of the unofficial bugfixes variant. The particular issue I'm having is that the game goes into an error output loop any time it tries to spawn a zombie chicken horde. I've checked the entityclasses and entitygroups xml files and the script for the zombie chicken horde and zombie chicken entity are unaltered except a probability for the entities within the horde being added [prob="30.0".]

The specifics of the error are a type casting error.

INF Spawning screamer horde zombie from ZombieChickenGroup

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.KU (.World , Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AIWanderingHordeSpawner.Update (.World world, Single dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.OT (Single ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (Double _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AIDirector.FU (Double ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AIDirector.Tick (Double dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.OnUpdateTick (Single _partialTicks, ArraySegment`1 _activeChunks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.DA () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can't figure out what's going on with it or causing it, any ideas?

Edited by Ezrah Karotan (see edit history)

Hi there, just popping in to say I'm looking forward to the A17 version. Btw, I'm still remembering the A15 crocodiles/alligators fondly, it would be great if those could make a comeback, they fit the game perfectly and made fishing a nerve-wracking ordeal.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if this has been answered already, but will this mod work for 16.4? I would really love to add this to my server but that is the version we are running.

I'm not sure, but I'm wondering this too because 16.2 is no longer available through Steam from what I can find. There's 16.4 ....

I'm about to try installing the mod with 16.4... let's see what happens.

I'm not sure, but I'm wondering this too because 16.2 is no longer available through Steam from what I can find. There's 16.4 ....

I'm about to try installing the mod with 16.4... let's see what happens.

Installed 16.4 from Steam then installed the Mod using the 1st method listed (using the mod loader) didn't work for me, When I went to run the game it kept saying an easy anti-cheat module wasn't found.

I had not enabled Easy Anti-Cheat (left the option unchecked in the mod loader) so I don't know why this was happening.

I have spent several hours on this today.... I'm done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For those, as me, who'd love to play a 16.2 TS game during A17.1 TS development, it's possible.

A guy explained very well how to download a previous version of 7D2D, even if not proposed in Steam, it works wonders :

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?106460-Guide-How-To-download-almost-every-past-Steam-version-of-7-Days-To-Die-from-Steam

I'm now starting an new game, I'm so happy ^^

For those, as me, who'd love to play a 16.2 TS game during A17.1 TS development, it's possible.

A guy explained very well how to download a previous version of 7D2D, even if not proposed in Steam, it works wonders :

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?106460-Guide-How-To-download-almost-every-past-Steam-version-of-7-Days-To-Die-from-Steam

I'm now starting an new game, I'm so happy ^^

nice, lopezien, thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I returned to 7 days to die when I saw the alpha 17 popping up. Got excited at first but after playing it I found it simple and shallow.

True Survival mod is essential to make 7 days to die alpha 17 great! I really hope the work on it goes

• 5 months later...