True Survival

Spider

@wolverine576-

Ya Gear-head something like. "Since you were a kid you loved engines. Now you can always fine tune any vehicle you ride for just a little better performance" [+5% Vehicle Speed -5% Fuel Consumption ] On any vehicle you use.

Ya I would like to keep the Professions to as few as possible for future quest reasons. So I was tryn to make them like over all game play actions (fighting, building, crafting, medical, looting, drug crafting, farming). So ya looks like I missed one we need a farmer at lest unless someone can think of other game actions I'm forgetting.

If you wanted a ranger play style you might pick Farmer Profession, Hunting Hobby and Archer or Rifles for fighting.

*Updated post with Farmer.

I like how you dealt with the starting skills and perks. How is the player then progressing afterwards, leveling and perks? Can he learn almost everything in the very late game or is he restricted to the first 3 things he chose at the start? I am not just talking about single player mode but multiplayer aswell with 3 friends. It would be nice if maybe they could learn everything or almost everything but at a very slow rate. Or maybe even add Talent tree which he unlocks every 15th level...

The thing I would really like is to scrap the whole perk system we have right now and use slighty old system while keeping the best things of the new one, so mix of both. Give them the starting roles they want to play but give them the maximum freedom to learn many things they can do in the game but don't make it easy and boring, let it be challenging and fun. My previous post has exactly that

Edited by xFORCERx (see edit history)

During the game the player could improve skills in any action skill by killing zombies with a given type of weapon or level Mining or loging(?) by breaking blocks with a given tool. Also the player can scavenge for crafting recipes which would be all found in loot except Iron Tools, Steel Tools and Forge. Those will be unlocked by completing a quest at a given player level. Also you will have a Hunting skill to level to gather more animal parts from harvested animals and unlock special tool maybe. Also either a quest or leveling skill for Farming. Also unlocking 6 building style skills with quest.

That's just for leveling/improving skill things.[WIP] Also I am shooting to make something I and other have talked about for about 5 alphas now. So you will have a Story Driven Quest chain that is profession specific, that will intertwine with all the other profession's quests wither you are playing SP or MP. This quest will give back story on the outbreak and offer you a chance to cure it and save humanity and yourself(if you can). This quest chain will be available in RWG only and have special poi locations and many, many surprises. My inspiration is to have a quest line like Resident Evil where you could play one side of the story then go back as a different profession and play the other side, also I am trying for multiple path quests so different endings are possible, its complicated.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Loving the ideas so far. I agree to gut the perk system and give it another purpose. It should almost be a secondary or inconsequential thing where as you level up, you may get a small added bonus to your current skills - much like a mod to a weapon, except this is a mod to your character that is gained with time (xp)..... Despite this, it doesn't need to be system that the character must depend on to survive or gain new skills. So theoretically, I should be able to play a game without using the system, but if I can be bothered to use it so I can push out that one extra point in damage (by strength increase for example) then that's my decision.

Speaking of weapon mods - can they come with bonuses AND penalties? So a silencer mod reduces range? While I am sorry to see the loss of the parts system, perhaps it can be re imagined with having a range of mods available, but each has a penalty attached - so you never get the perfect weapon. Perhaps you need to keep 2 guns with you, each one modded to cope with a particular situation?

Edited by naxter60 (see edit history)

@naxter60-

Yes as far as I know weapon mods can have a negative effect, and that's a good idea I'll put it in. Yes this weapon system is real cool but I liked the old one for gameplay better. I wish they would of just allowed buffs on items and kept A16 gun parts then it would of been awesome, best of both worlds. Not sure if you read it but yes True Survival will have weapon parts again like A16 but how consequential the quality is to the completed gun is yet to be worked out. They may just end up being items for a recipe idk yet.

@naxter60-

Yes as far as I know weapon mods can have a negative effect, and that's a good idea I'll put it in. Yes this weapon system is real cool but I liked the old one for gameplay better. I wish they would of just allowed buffs on items and kept A16 gun parts then it would of been awesome, best of both worlds. Not sure if you read it but yes True Survival will have weapon parts again like A16 but how consequential the quality is to the completed gun is yet to be worked out. They may just end up being items for a recipe idk yet.

I didn't know about the parts, so that is good to hear. If it is any help, I imagine that if there was a real Z apocalypse, and I found parts, I would have no idea how to put them together. If I found a working gun, I could use it until its broken but I dont know how to repair or maintain them. I wouldnt know how to attach or detach mods either. It is point and shoot until it stops shooting and for good measure I would then throw the gun at them :) But a person with the skill/profession would know how to build and mod a weapon. A gunsmith would know how to make good quality guns. So perhaps somehow that can be applied in game?

@naxter60-

Not sure if you played any past True Survival builds but it sounds like you got the idea.

I have - (Its Sizemoe here haha). I guess I am suggesting that in TS 16.2 there were a lot of gun parts found, but I had little use for them since I was more of a nailed bat person. Perhaps upping the chance of finding working guns (random low to medium qual) is good enough for players like me, and for players who want to use working guns with mods need the right hobby/skillbook to do so, and players who want to build flawless guns (using parts for a recipe) need the right Profession.

Just a thought

O lol ok whats up then. Yes whole guns quality level 1 and 2 will be in loot. I think because you will not be able to take a gun apart like in a16 you will not have as many parts laying around. I'll have to check to see if I can withhold gun modding by some mechanic haven't tried yet.

@naxter60-

I like the old assembly of engine, and parts too, gave me something to work toward, and i liked scrapping cars lol

I like the old assembly of engine, and parts too, gave me something to work toward, and i liked scrapping cars lol

Yeah me too. I forgot about that. Would be good to bring something similar back into TS. Can engines be modded? That would be cool.

And maybe find different types of wheels. Bike wheels vs car wheels. Hard to imagine riding a push bike made with car wheels.

Edited by naxter60 (see edit history)

@DeafCHIMP-

No we are discussing what we want in the mod for A17 once stable hits I will begin coding and public testing.

@wolverine576-

Weapon parts and engine parts were the same system. TFP removed both for a extremely more simplistic version(their still designing for console even though that hasn't gone well). But like the gun parts we can still have more parts for the engine recipes so I could add engine parts to cars and stuff that you would have to collect or make. But again like the gun parts I'm not sure how consequential the quality will be to the completed engine yet.

@DeafCHIMP-

No we are discussing what we want in the mod for A17 once stable hits I will begin coding and public testing.

@wolverine576-

Weapon parts and engine parts were the same system. TFP removed both for a extremely more simplistic version(their still designing for console even though that hasn't gone well). But like the gun parts we can still have more parts for the engine recipes so I could add engine parts to cars and stuff that you would have to collect or make. But again like the gun parts I'm not sure how consequential the quality will be to the completed engine yet.

Being able to assemble the engine again out wieghs the quality feature for me. Ill see if i can figure it out lol

Being able to assemble the engine again out wieghs the quality feature for me. Ill see if i can figure it out lol

Well it wouldn't be "assembling" it would just be a normal recipe. You wouldn't be able to take it apart again same goes for guns.

Joshua if i remember right. He did some .dll hacks for me in the past. I want to keep this xml/nonsdx for as long as i can. Once 17 is finished and all the .1, .2's are done I'll start poking around in the .dll to do somethings. I've done some script writing for other games while I was away form 7D2D. It was fun and I'm looking forward to it when its stable and no more patches to the .dll.

Development Update-

I have been working on building the new Profession, Hobbies, Fighting Style, Progression System and I have most of it to gather and working. This coming week I hope to have something on new progression system on the server to start testing. I only have a few buffs to finish but the biggest thing is untangling the vanilla Progression.xml from everything else since we are not using it at all. Should be fun …. Not.

So since I got Progression guts to gather I wanted to post the stats I set up. Please note this is all very early untested stat guesses on my part and will need tons of testing and adjusting before the final numbers. Also this is not everything related to these Perks/Skills like the recipes that will be unlocked, special items/weapons or special buffs that may come with a given Perk/Skill. With that in mind.

-Warning Wall Of Stats Ahead!-

Definitions

• Spread Multiplier -How wide your cross hairs are when not aiming with LMB
  • Kick Degrees - Kick from firearms that pushes the screen up
  • Weapon Handling- How quickly you aim with LMB
  • Crafting Tier - Weapon Quality crafting level 1-6

Professions-

Player picks one at start of game(Learning all yet to be determined)

Doctor-

[-5% Weapon Handling, Reload Speed, Spread Multiplier, Kick Degrees]

10% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier Lv1, 10% Dismemberment bonus with bladed weapons

*Will have all medical recipes, possibly stronger illness immunity*

Construction Worker-

[-10% Weapon Handling, Reload Speed, Spread Multiplier, Kick Degrees]

30% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier Lv3

*Will have all shape frame*

Thief/Burglar-

30% Faster Looting, 30% Faster when crouching, 30% Better Spread Multiplier when crouching

10% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier Lv2, 50% Better Stealth Ability

*Possibly a lockpick*

Soldier-

[40% Better- Weapon Handling, Reload Speed, Spread Multiplier, Kick Degrees]

10% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier Lv2, 20% Dismemberment bonus

*Will have most gun recipes, weapon repair kit recipe*

Heisenberg-

20% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier Lv1

*Will know all drug recipes, Will know advanced chemistry recipes, Possibly higher tolerance to all drugs*

Repair Man-

[-5% Weapon Handling, Reload Speed, Spread Multiplier, Kick Degrees]

40% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier Lv3

*Will know many recipes for general items, Will know upgrade tool recipes*

Hobbies-

Player picks one at start can unlock others through quest or chance

Fitness Nut-

[20% Faster Walk Speed, Run Speed]

10% Faster Stamina Regen, 10% Slower Stamina Max Drop

Ice Fishing-

20% Warmer in Cold Weather, 7% Warmer in Hot Weather

Sun Bathing-

20% Cooler in Hot Weather, 7% Colder in Cold Weather

Arts and Crafts-

20% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier + 1 level

Paintball-

[20% Better Weapon Handling, Spread Multiplier]

Baseball-

[Only when holding a blunt weapon-

20% Faster Attack Speed, 15% Less Stamina Loss, 10% Better Dismemberment Chance]

Parkour-

Jump 2 Blocks High, 10% Faster Stamina Regen, ?% Less Fall Damage

Computers-

10% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier + 1 level

*Will have high tech recipes*

Engines-

10% Faster Crafting Time, Crafting Tier + 1 level

*Will have all vehicle recipes*

Drugs-

Lessen the bad effects from drugs, Slightly lessen the good also

*Low level drug recipes*

Cook-

All Cooking Recipes

Gardening-

Will know low level seed recipes

*Possibly extra harvest from plants*

Hunting-

[15% Better- Weapon Handling, Reload Speed, Spread Multiplier, Kick Degrees]

Fighting Style-

Player Picks one at start of game

Definitions-

• Defensive Buff- “Fight or Flight”
    When the player is holding the given weapon style and is below 10 health, the player has a 10% chance to proc this buff when hit. When activated the player will receive two buffs-
    • Flight- 20% Speed Increase for 3 sec
    • Fight- 20% Dismemberment Bonus for 3 sec

[*]Offensive Buff-”In The Zone”

When the player gets a head shot with the given weapon style using the light attack/Shooting 2 times quickly in a row a 100% Dismemberment Bonus is applied to the next Power Swing/Shot for 5 seconds

Archery-

Defensive Buff, Offensive Buff. Level 3 in Archery Skill

Handguns-

Defensive Buff, Offensive Buff. Level 3 in Handgun Skill

Shotguns-

Defensive Buff, Offensive Buff. Level 3 in Shotgun Skill

Rifles-

Defensive Buff, Offensive Buff. Level 3 in Rifle Skill

Unarmed-

Defensive Buff, Offensive Buff. Level 3 in Unarmed Skill

Explosives-

Defensive Buff, Offensive Buff

Will have all explosive recipes

*Perk Exclusive- Throwable Scrap Bomb/recipe= 1EmptyCan + 5GunPowder + 5Nials

Traps-

Will have most Trap recipes

*Perk exclusive- Fishing hook trap/recipe = 1WoodStake + 1FishingLine +5 FishingHooks/When placed holds only the next entity that touches it in place for 30 seconds, no damage*

Bladed-

Defensive Buff, Offensive Buff. Level 3 in Blade Skill

Blunt-

Defensive Buff, Offensive Buff. Level 3 in Blunt Skill

Action Skills-

The player can level these skills as they use/fight with the weapon/tool. 10 Levels each. These effects only take hold when the player is holding the given weapon/tool

Weapon Action Skills - 1xp for enemy hit / 5xp for enemy kill

Bladed Weapons-

3% Faster Attack Speed per Lv, 3% Less Stamina loss per swing,3% Better Dismemberment Chance per lv

Unarmed-

3% Faster Attack Speed per Lv, 3% Less Stamina loss per swing,3% Better Dismemberment Chance per lv

Blunt Weapons-

Archery-

3% Faster Reload Speed per lv, 2% Farther Range per lv, 3% Better Weapon Handling per lv, 3% Better Spread Multiplier per lv, 3% Less Kick per lv, 3% Better Dismemberment Chance per lv

Handguns-

3% Faster Reload Speed per lv, 3% Better Weapon Handling per lv, 3% Better Spread Multiplier per lv, 3% Less Kick per lv, 3% Better Dismemberment Chance per lv

Shotguns-

3% Faster Reload Speed per lv, 3% Better Weapon Handling per lv, 3% Better Spread Multiplier per lv, 3% Less Kick per lv, 3% Better Dismemberment Chance per lv

Rifles-

Tool Action Skills - 1xp per Block Break

Mining-

3% Faster Attack Speed per Lv, 3% Less Stamina loss per swing,2% Better Dismemberment Chance per lv

Axes-

3% Faster Attack Speed per Lv, 3% Less Stamina loss per swing,2% Better Dismemberment Chance per lv

It could be interesting to have a weapons collector hobby, maybe unlocks make knives, a bit bitter bladed weapons skill.

Maybe Martial arts as a hobby?

I like the fighting style explosives and traps, Not what I would use but I like the concept :)

How would one get the offensive and defensive buffs?

It all seems very True Survivaley :)

Not sure how it is all going to stack/play , but for example the 30% boost from action skills seems good

At lot of TS comes from it balance in interacting with the world, loot and zombies so I guess we will see

Is there a way to make it so mod schematics are craftable? That way if you learnt them you could keep making them.

For example for me If I learn to make a spiked club once, it would be nice to be able to make it again. As its some thing I have done once before or perhaps many times before. If so it might be nice to have certain mods unlocked for certain professions, hobbies, fighting styles, and actions

I will think on it more, but all this was what came to as I was reading it :)

@adreden-

We could fit a knife something in, maybe the cook? or maybe another hobby. Martial Arts would be the unarmed Fighting Style. The Offensive and Defensive buffs are built into your Fighting Style selection and are only available to proc when you are wielding the specified weapon category. So if you chose Unarmed Fighting Style you could only proc the Offensive and Defensive Buffs when you either had nothing in your hand or when you had Brass Knuckles on. Only then would you have the chance for the buffs. Not when you held any other weapons.

I want the game to be more about surviving the zombie apocalypse and less about slowly building a character to how you want. So I want to let the player pick what they NEED in a character to have fun at the start. Then when they play the mod they can level by what they are doing in game, collect bonuses to stats as the play and grow their recipe list by looting.

Yes you will not build your mods with your schematic and then not remember how.:frusty: Most recipes for everything will be found in loot and learned permanently.