Project Slaanhatten

Slaan

Too early to say a lot. But it looks definitely amazing from i've seen so far.

The map is filled with stuff to see.

I have not found the sewers yet if there's any. I laughed so hard when a part of a Highway Trader fell to the ground due to some kind of SI issue. I'll give a better feedback when i hit day 7. But this map with run at day and walk at night feels like a brand new game

Too early to say a lot. But it looks definitely amazing from i've seen so far.

The map is filled with stuff to see.

I have not found the sewers yet if there's any. I laughed so hard when a part of a Highway Trader fell to the ground due to some kind of SI issue. I'll give a better feedback when i hit day 7. But this map with run at day and walk at night feels like a brand new game

Few things about the map at this stage:

- This is a test run while I experiment with terrain edits and the new prefab sets, I'll probably churn out a couple of these before re-starting the

project proper

- There are no sewers yet, I have a good base set of prefabs ready to make but still need to decide on how best to deploy them

- All of the highway has slight structural issues, bumping of the edges can collapse small sections but there should be nothing major enough to

cleanly break the highway (without some effort by the player)

Glad your enjoying it so far, we're just about to pump out a server hosting the map so I can enjoy some playtime myself. Sewers and Bridges are the next prefab sets I'll be adding to the pack but don't expect anything there till after the new year.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated Prefab pack link in OP to v2.

Cross those rivers in style with the first sections of a modular multi part bridge:

20190104165521_1.thumb.jpg.2c6a2a3119c1d96422ea89dd2c5e8bbb.jpg

With some small efforts there are several variations easily made from this although you can expect a few more additions from me too.

The streets folder is mainly a WIP, there's a readme in there for that.

How do I get this to work on a private server? The save file is for Hezuta Mountains but none of the seeds I've used make use of that.

The prefabs need to be added to the dedi server install and the hezuta mountains folder should be placed into the worlds folder on the server too.

In the server config.xml look for the following line:

<property name="GameWorld" value="Navezgane"/>

If you enter Hezuta Mountains here, as long as the server has the world folder it will use that to generate the map.

On a more complicated note I took a slightly different route and generated a random world on the server, then simply replaced the contents of that worlds folder with the stuff from the Hezuta Mountains folder, deleted the region files from the save then fired the server back up and allowed it to re-generate the map.

Why?

Well I found that when I connected and I already had a Hezuta Mountains world folder locally I would not download anything from the dedi server and after a few mins of playing would get some kind of weird console error that required a restart to fix. Ofc you can just delete the local Hezuta Mountains folder once the server is up and you will download a new one when u first connect but that was not an option for me when I was making daily changes to the map.

This is an amazing project!

Sadly, i got some map issues like this. [ATTACH=CONFIG]26995[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26996[/ATTACH]

Any fix for this?

Could you give some details as I tested the prefabs/map on our dedi server and have not had any issues thus far. Do you have any other mods installed? after a full restart of both client and/or server are you still getting this? is it in a particular area?

Lets push the boat out even further, are you hosting this game or have you joined someone else?, assuming your not the host, did u download the world when first connecting to the map?

I'd ask for an output log but I'm not that kind of savvy, however if you can throw as many details as possible it could be we can work out the issue.

How do i get this on my server. I copied all the prefabs to the right folder and the map to the right savegame folder. But my server keeps gerating a new map all the time?

Make sure you add the prefabs from the prefab pack to the dedi server prefabs folder and the hezuta mountains folder to the dedi servers worlds folder.

Check the server config XML for the following line:

<property name="GameWorld" value="Navezgane"/>

Replace Navezgane with Hezuta Mountains.

This should make the game load the Hezuta Mountains map, bear in mind I've found the dedi server can take upwards of 20 mins to finish generating the world and allow you to connect so be sure to give it plenty time.

Hey Slaan, watching your tutorials videos and they are a great help to prefabbing newbie.

Just wanted to know if are you okay with us stealing bits out of your masterpieces to work into larger prefabs?

I'm working on a map with some big prefabs to fill out for an experiment, easier to borrow from vanilla and elsewhere

than remaking the wheel for some sections.

Obviously if it turns out good enough , will share here and acknowledge sources.

Hey Slaan, watching your tutorials videos and they are a great help to prefabbing newbie.

Just wanted to know if are you okay with us stealing bits out of your masterpieces to work into larger prefabs?

I'm working on a map with some big prefabs to fill out for an experiment, easier to borrow from vanilla and elsewhere

than remaking the wheel for some sections.

Obviously if it turns out good enough , will share here and acknowledge sources.

The whole point of the prefab pack is to be there as a resource for people to use however they want, if you produce some similar stuff that you want to share Im more than happy to include that too. Always interested in seeing what other people are doing and how they use things so knock yourselves out!.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Amazing work slaan! Been away from forums for a while. Glad to see slaanhatten going strong :)

There's been plenty of frustration, but by starting fresh I've been able to do things proper this time around and the whole map is made from parts of the prefab pack which is pretty reuseable.

There's still plenty space to drop down a prison...

There's been plenty of frustration, but by starting fresh I've been able to do things proper this time around. and the whole map is made from parts of the prefab pack which is pretty reuseable.

There's still plenty space to drop down a prison...

I see wyd there lol...also, I noticed my Galleria is alive and kicking still in your video lol.

I see wyd there lol...also, I noticed my Galleria is alive and kicking still in your video lol.

what can I say old habits die hard and I'll be honest, while they could do with being brought upto date with the newer blocks etc they still look as good now as when I first started using them.... nearly 3 years ago lol

what can I say old habits die hard and I'll be honest, while they could do with being brought upto date with the newer blocks etc they still look as good now as when I first started using them.... nearly 3 years ago lol

I appreciate that. Definitely looking to get back into it. Been watching your tutorial videos on youtube so I can get back up to speed on the ingame prefab editor. Can you point me to a list of all of the shortcut keys? That will help me tremendously. 😅