Project Slaanhatten

Slaan

Single Player Random Gen - I suppose its not supposed to work in SP ? I was testing it to see if i should load it on my server which runs the True Survivor mod.

While I have your attention - is it possible to increase the map size in the mixer ? I tried one out that didnt work at all by changing the 10000 to 25000 and the radiation to 20000 - 25000. Should that work ?

Also how would i change the tracks that branch off the roads to asphalt ?

Edited by Jolly (see edit history)

Single Player Random Gen - I suppose its not supposed to work in SP ? I was testing it to see if i should load it on my server which runs the True Survivor mod.

While I have your attention - is it possible to increase the map size in the mixer ? I tried one out that didnt work at all by changing the 10000 to 25000 and the radiation to 20000 - 25000. Should that work ?

I run True Survival and SlaaHatten, Did you add SLaanHatten to the true survivor mixer?

Single player should work fine, it's local MP/dedi servers that have a bug requiring the hub to be pre-generated or suffer death by error spam. So if your only in SP then I'm not sure if the rending problem you encountered is project related.

It's been a while but increasing the generation distance used to be all that was required, this was before we had the extra biome settings too so the radiation increase might also be needed I'm honestly not sure.

The tracks materials are handeled in the wilderness rules within the rwgmixer (just below the hub rules), <path_material value="gravel" /> is where you would drop in asphalt or any other material.

Hi Slaan, I first want to say WOW AMAZING WORK!! I finally got Slaanhatten to appear on my random gen map, but I have a question. (Im sorry if this has been answered before)

My question is, is it normal to still see the original map outside my view distance? I still see mountains and valleys up until i get closer then SlannHatten appears. DId I miss something in the instructions?

Does it have to do with the rwgmixer file? Id appreciate some insight guys thanks.

EDIT: been rereading... i didn't explore the whole city, could this explain my problem??

Edited by LogicAudio (see edit history)

Hi Slaan, I first want to say WOW AMAZING WORK!! I finally got Slaanhatten to appear on my random gen map, but I have a question. (Im sorry if this has been answered before)

My question is, is it normal to still see the original map outside my view distance? I still see mountains and valleys up until i get closer then SlannHatten appears. DId I miss something in the instructions?

Does it have to do with the rwgmixer file? Id appreciate some insight guys thanks.

EDIT: been rereading... i didn't explore the whole city, could this explain my problem??

That is normal, its an issue wtih PIMPS and distant terrain generating.

Maps generate a certain distance away, ever since pimps add in distance terrain, think A15, when playing slaanhatten, you only see a certain distance of slaan. Your game is rendering the distance after where it stops rendering Slaan, so it rendering the map, like slaan isnt even there, but it is....best ii can explain it lol

Maps generate a certain distance away, ever since pimps add in distance terrain, think A15, when playing slaanhatten, you only see a certain distance of slaan. Your game is rendering the distance after where it stops rendering Slaan, so it rendering the map, like slaan isnt even there, but it is....best ii can explain it lol

Ok I think I get it... but basically then I have installed it correctly and this is normal?

Check the original post, there's a mixer that includes compo pack prefabs available via a separate link. You can add the hub manually, however it currently requires an unusually large cell size to fit the hub and still have room to blend out. Ofc adjusting the cell size by such a large amount requires some kind of effort to be made with the rest of the mixer to adequately fill the rest of the map (you will get roughly half as many cells in the playable area and the default wilderness spawning is for cells less than half the size I use).

The extra mixer I linked is far from perfect, we run a version of it atm on our dedi server at http://www.northern-lan.co.uk/7d2d/ if you wanted to look at the webmap and catch a glimpse of how it's spawned for us.

I was not trying to add it manually, was using the mixer I saw linked that you had already modified. I am looking back at the original post and I'm not seeing a link to that mixer. Says you edited it 3 days to add a link to the compo pack mixer, but I'm just not seeing there. Am I missing something?

I was not trying to add it manually, was using the mixer I saw linked that you had already modified. I am looking back at the original post and I'm not seeing a link to that mixer. Says you edited it 3 days to add a link to the compo pack mixer, but I'm just not seeing there. Am I missing something?

I've since edited the OP as the rwgmixer I was using changed with the new version, I'll be working on another one soon as we are due to have a clean start on our live server. Here is the link to the old mixer you are talking about but you will need to re-add the project sections or some of the newer areas will not spawn in.

I forgot to mention, I was playing around yesterday and I replaced the original rwgmixer to my game and I do not seem to see any difference. What does that file do in this scenario? do i actually need to add the one given by Slaan?

If you make any changes to the RWGmixer, you have to either start a new world, or delete the region files, so the game will replace them

Edited by wolverine576 (see edit history)

I've since edited the OP as the rwgmixer I was using changed with the new version, I'll be working on another one soon as we are due to have a clean start on our live server. Here is the link to the old mixer you are talking about but you will need to re-add the project sections or some of the newer areas will not spawn in.

Gotcha, Thanks. I will play around one this one until I see you release an updated version to start the next game. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody managed it to integrate Slaanhattan into CompoPack and has a rwgmixer.xml for download?

I watched the video but this is far too complicated for me.

Edit: Ok, finally got it, but it doesn't work. At 0/0 there is just the normal City Hub. Even if I use the rwgmixer from Slaan (CompoPack removed) there is nothing at 0/0, no City.

I copied the Prefabs and the mixer to the correct folders. Did I miss something?

Edit 2: I removed the game and deleted the folder. After reinstalling it works with the files from Slaan. Then I copied the Prefabs and rwgmixer from CompoPack and modified the mixer as shown in the Youtube Video. At 0/0 there is a normal CityHub again.

Edited by Apocalypticus (see edit history)

Does anybody managed it to integrate Slaanhattan into CompoPack and has a rwgmixer.xml for download?

I watched the video but this is far too complicated for me.

Edit: Ok, finally got it, but it doesn't work. At 0/0 there is just the normal City Hub. Even if I use the rwgmixer from Slaan (CompoPack removed) there is nothing at 0/0, no City.

I copied the Prefabs and the mixer to the correct folders. Did I miss something?

Edit 2: I removed the game and deleted the folder. After reinstalling it works with the files from Slaan. Then I copied the Prefabs and rwgmixer from CompoPack and modified the mixer as shown in the Youtube Video. At 0/0 there is a normal CityHub again.

What does the top line of the rwgmixer say? I believe you need to increase the cell size, as well.

It would be easier to adjust the cell size on the compo pack mixer to around 4200 ( the video may bea little out of date but the method is the same more or less) then add in the slaanhatten cell/hub/prefab rules into the relevant parts of the mixer and the hub layout at the bottom. If your'e not too familiar with tinkering with the mixer then trying to add in all of the compo pack stuff to the one I provided can get a bit hectic.

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't need such a huge cell size, in the first place. The city should take up from 0,0 to 1521,1521 coords. One change I made, which helps prevent sections of the city from being broken off, is to change the city size in the "smallCity" hub to 1600. This will add a bit of flat ground outside the city, and help mesh it to the land. Then, one can use a smaller cell size than 4200, more like 1800. Changing the cell offset in the first line to a very low value is also important, in that if you have the city pressed up against, say, the eastern side of the cell, and another hub to the east is pushed up against the western edge of its cell, the map will generate with roads and prefabs reaching into Slaanhatten, which causes all kinds of problems, I'm sure you can imagine.

4200 is what I use to cater for a high offset and give plenty of room for the terrain to make the transition to the rest of the world. In all honesty it's been a while since I've really sat down and looked at that but I generally like to play with at least a 0.6 offset. The bigger cells are a pain in some ways but offer some benefits too depending how your setting up a game/server.

I've never had cities or towns overlap into the hub, but generally speaking it contains the loot of about 10+ vanilla towns so I like to have a thinned down world where the city is the main feature and my cells are typically larger than I imagine most would use.

Experimentation is the key tho, if you get it setup and working in a way that your happy with then thats awesome and the feedback is always useful, I'll defo be experimenting more in future to get those cells trimmed down for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
4200 is what I use to cater for a high offset and give plenty of room for the terrain to make the transition to the rest of the world. In all honesty it's been a while since I've really sat down and looked at that but I generally like to play with at least a 0.6 offset. The bigger cells are a pain in some ways but offer some benefits too depending how your setting up a game/server.

I've never had cities or towns overlap into the hub, but generally speaking it contains the loot of about 10+ vanilla towns so I like to have a thinned down world where the city is the main feature and my cells are typically larger than I imagine most would use.

Experimentation is the key tho, if you get it setup and working in a way that your happy with then thats awesome and the feedback is always useful, I'll defo be experimenting more in future to get those cells trimmed down for sure.

U2 are talking about the Slaanhatten Northern Lan server?

U2 are talking about the Slaanhatten Northern Lan server?

Just the reasoning behind some of the settings in the rwgmixer, I do the modding side of things on the Northern Lan server and use that to basically setup the game for the types of things we most enjoyed through the alpha's (PvP, City combat, hardcore survival) and it's become a rolling WIP XML mess project that we tweak/add based on our player feedback/personal expirience.

So while the release version of slaanhatten is bare bones, it's kinda designed to be something you can add to your own mixer/game and use the way you like. The included mixer is just a quick copy/paste "I dont care just wanna look" vanilla job with the required tweaks to get it in the game in as good a way as possible.