Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

I don't believe that is going to be a xml edit to fix this. I think it is a game engine mechanic that needs to be addressed by the developers.

FYI, you don't need to put it in your inventory. If you click on the item, drag it off the slot and put it back then it works again as well. Something about this seems to reset the light.

Good to know. I think I've learned more about how the coding works reading this thread than I have with days of searching with Google. A+ to this thread.

Not sure if it's been addressed here or not yet but the scrapBrass has a weight of 10 when it needs 5.

This is exploitative and recently brought to my attention as such. Corrected in Brass Production mod but just a quick fix in items.xml.

<item id="346" name="scrapBrass">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Crafting/scrap_brass" />

<property name="Material" value="brass" />

<property name="HoldType" value="7" />

<property name="Weight" value="5" />

<property name="Group" value="Resources" />

</item>

The armor multiplication bug is beyond XML to fix but what can be done in the interim:

<player_skill name="Clothing" icon="shirt" description_key="clothingSkillDesc" title_key="clothingSkill">
		<effect name="ArmorDefense">
			<multiply skill_level="1,100" value="1,1.02" />
		</effect>
	</player_skill>

<player_skill name="Light Armor" icon="light_armor" description_key="lightArmorDesc" title_key="lightArmor">
			<multiply skill_level="1,5" value="1,1.03" />
			<multiply skill_level="6,10" value="1.03,1.05" />
			<multiply skill_level="11,20" value="1.05,1.09" />
			<multiply skill_level="21,25" value="1.09,1.11" />
			<multiply skill_level="26,45" value="1.11,1.17" />
			<multiply skill_level="46,70" value="1.17,1.23" />
			<multiply skill_level="71,100" value="1.23,1.3" />
		</effect>
	</player_skill>

<player_skill name="Heavy Armor" icon="armor_iron" description_key="heavyArmorDesc" title_key="heavyArmor">
			<add skill_level="1,5" value="1,1.03" />
			<add skill_level="6,10" value="1.04,1.07" />
			<add skill_level="11,20" value="1.07,1.12" />
			<add skill_level="21,25" value="1.12,1.14" />
			<add skill_level="26,45" value="1.15,1.22" />
			<add skill_level="46,70" value="1.23,1.31" />
			<add skill_level="71,100" value="1.31,1.4" />
		</effect>
	</player_skill>

This caps the maximum armor multiplier that a player can have to 1.85 instead of 5.35 and is a lot closer to the 1.75 that were obviously intended.

Excellent work - I've combined this with Magoli's CompoPack Mod and Tritox's UI Mod, overall a perfect combination for my taste at this point. :victorious:

I'm completely new to the modding world in 7D2D. Could you point me in a direction so I could figure out how to install these?

I'm completely new to the modding world in 7D2D. Could you point me in a direction so I could figure out how to install these?

Easiest way for me to explain this is step by step for dummies (not an insult you know what I mean!):

1. Right click your steam.exe on your desktop

2. Click on open File location

3. Open steamapps folder

4. Open common folder

5. Open 7DaysToDie folder

6. Open Data folder

7. Open Config folder

8. Copy all fixed files and replace them with the files found inside the Config folder.

9. Enjoy!

Or depending on what drive / folder you installed steam on this is the most likely example for the file path.

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

- - - Updated - - -

ironarrow has <property name="DamageBonus.head" value="3"/>

All others have <property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6"/>

Fixed! Thanks for posting! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Update (1/23/16)

+Items

ironArrow: Fixed <property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6"/> from 3

Easiest way for me to explain this is step by step for dummies (not an insult you know what I mean!):

1. Right click your steam.exe on your desktop

2. Click on open File location

3. Open steamapps folder

4. Open common folder

5. Open 7DaysToDie folder

6. Open Data folder

7. Open Config folder

8. Copy all fixed files and replace them with the files found inside the Config folder.

9. Enjoy!

Or depending on what drive / folder you installed steam on this is the most likely example for the file path.

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed! Thanks for posting! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Update (1/23/16)

+Items

ironArrow: Fixed <property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6"/> from 3

Well explained, only thing I'd like to add is, in case you want to use multiple Mods that modify the same XML files, you'll have to merge those changes - something which can be a hassle depending on the nature of the modifications, and how well the modders have documented their changes. Make sure you don't modify the encoding by accident, it has to be UTF-8 (to be on the safe side, use an editor that doesn't change the encoding; personally I use gVIM.). On a sidenote: After merging, it's a good idea to verify the integrity of the XML by either simply opening it in a browser, or utilizing one of the many XML validator sites out there. :smug:

Not sure if you want to count this as a bug, but is has bothered me for a little bit on why loot seems to ramp up so fast. It seems the loot quality is multiplied by 2 for no reason. Then it gets additional points from scavenging and joe perk after. Loading a level 1 toon with no Quality Joe and level 1 scavening I set the quality range to only be able to find level 1 items. The results is always finding a level 3 item (1 times 2, plus 1 from scavenging). Doing this again with it set to 10 you get 21, and 100 you get 201.

I dont like the way the loot system works either but since it is not a bug at all and is in fact working as intended or at least as far as I know it is. I suppose since repairing items severely decreases item quality early on, I would say that it sort of balances this out. And even higher quality guns degrade very fast when being used while at low levels. I do think it could use more love in the balance department but that is for TFP to decide or I would even consider Gazz's input as being on that same level as TFP.

I suggest just waiting to see what all gets fixed in the next update we will take it from there.

Archived