I keep wanting to open my neighbors mailbox

ElCabong

lol Sounds like TNG's mention in one of his videos of how Fallout 76 messes with your head. And if you don't believe him, consider how many times you've looked at something in the real world and wondered what kind and how much material you could get from it if you scrapped it. (TNG is among the more creative C.A.M.P. builders in FO76, btw. He has a YouTube channel dedicated to it. Funny guy.)

Nature of the beast, I suppose. Some measure of repitition in a video game is inevitable.

Back when cheetos boxes were a healthy source of food (this may have been a Ravenhearst experience) I found myself reaching for the box in the supermarket.  I even had a dopamine rush as I was pleased to find so many boxes of cheetos readily lootable.  lol

The fun pimps should get paid to put real-life products inside the game.  That sort of conditioning truly works!

vegemite is an acquired taste.  I find a sandwich made from buttered white bread spread with thin layer of vegemite very tasty.

But it doesn't really matter.  The repeated conditioning upon finding a rare and useful in-game food item does in fact transfer to the real world.  The urges have been planted.  Pavlovian dogs, all of us.  Just saying a clever game manufacturer would take advantage of that.

On 9/15/2024 at 3:49 PM, ElCabong said:

Still haven't found any magazines

Back in the 90's & early 2000's you would have. Magazines were the thing!

You could learn about Good Housekeeping, tips from Readers Digest, mod ideas from Lowrider magazine, hygiene ideas from Maxim, clothing options from the well written articles of Playboy......I think those magazines had articles 🤔

Edited by Outlaw_187 (see edit history)

12 hours ago, slicksister said:

Just saying a clever game manufacturer would take advantage of that.

Said as though they haven't. Guessing that's why the indie scene is seeing such an uptick in players. We're not Pavlovian dogs and balk at being treated as though we were. Surprise, surprise. The triple As and their handlers (EA, Ubisoft, ZeniMax, etc.) may learn that eventually, but not before they lose far more than they've gained financially, like their formerly stellar reputations and community goodwill.

So feeling for the devs working at the Biowares and Arkanes of the world. They were riding high until the financial industry took them over. The institutionalized greed is affecting both them and us. So unfortunate.

17 hours ago, Outlaw_187 said:

Back in the 90's & early 2000's you would have. Magazines were the thing!

You could learn about Good Housekeeping, tips from Readers Digest, mod ideas from Lowrider magazine, hygiene ideas from Maxim, clothing options from the well written articles of Playboy......I think those magazines had articles 🤔

Yes they did on all sorts of topics. See the best reads I've ever had were out of a Playboy.

13 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Don't go committing felonies Cabong :)

I have a community mailbox and one day I opened my mailbox and the whole front of the box opened up and I could see everybody's mail. I pressed it back in, it snapped shut, and walked away with a clean conscience.

But that was a long time before I started playing version 1.0. lol