(V1.0) Vehicle Madness

Ragsy 2145

vehicle_madness_logo.thumb.png.d3b9902adbf288f1ecb5c490c29ba433.png

20240725133127_1.thumb.jpg.bff0f7281432362969c2312ccb4281d5.jpg

20240726021246_1.thumb.jpg.87dec60a5f4b1cf75ee1f872def720bc.jpg20240728144838_1.thumb.jpg.412a33facf8f85858dca1c4ec5a6e731.jpg

20240808210253_1.thumb.jpg.107c0185d3f84c0da5f05cb4215e5bdc.jpg

20240722001122_1.thumb.jpg.ab1f7fba14b8d100b7216d56e0e77e8e.jpg

VMRVBLOCK1.thumb.jpg.799b6bdaa0fe7fa766f088e1f3e8f6be.jpg
20240811173815_1.thumb.jpg.cd54fc6c99efc3853894086ce32f9880.jpg

20240811174325_1.thumb.jpg.d2f4cb5a379d01e1b1a05590a29cd3da.jpg

20240811174426_1.thumb.jpg.61603a807f659cc1244ffdb691af3b15.jpg

About Vehicle Madness in V1.0

The original concept for Vehicle Madness started way back in the early days of A17 and now continues for 7 Days to Die in V1.0

Featuring 67 drivable vehicles and 140 plus vehicle wreck variations for the ultimate immersion and vehicle variety for the game.

There are also 49 repairable vehicles featured in this version that you can fix with the appropriate restoration tool.

A vehicle restoration kit consists of the following parts that can be found in the world or crafted at appropriate levels on the Workbench.

<ingredient name="Footpump" count="1"/>
<ingredient name="BatteryChargerUnit" count="1"/>
 <ingredient name="VMToolRatchetSet" count="1"/>
 <ingredient name="HotwireKit" count="1"/>

.....and a specific tiered tool . Wrench for lower tier repairs , Ratchet for mid tier vehicles and Impact Hammer for High tier vehicles.

****** Dont forget to take some fuel with you as you will need it for the repaired vehicle *****.

Various parts needed for the tools  above can be found in loot ,  check garbage as you will need electical wire (lots of)  and also

can be harvested from the abandoned vehicles in the world .  Cutters will be needed also found mainly in garbage loot.

Alternately you can harvest wrecked vehicles to salvage the parts so that you can craft full vehicles on the VM Workbench.

Parts from vehicle wrecks

Transmission (and damaged version)
Engine (and
damaged version)
Seats (and
damaged versions)
Carburetor (and
damaged version)
Battery (and
damaged version)
Alternator (and
damaged version)
Chassis (and
damaged version)
Body parts (
doors, hood, trunk and Fender and bumper)
Full
Vehicle Madness Style Wheels
Wheel Rims

Damaged wheels

We have adopted a system where 2x Damaged Parts go towards making 1 good working part along with other smaller items in the recipes.

If your vehicle becomes damaged during gameplay you can repair it as normal with the standard  'vanilla repair kit'.

Tires that you find on the ground? They can be picked up! But, they are NOT WHEELS. You must find a wheel rim , these can be obtained

by salvaging the vehicles in the world  (you may be lucky and get full wheels and a wheel rim during salvage), or you can make a fully functional

wheel by adding tire and wheel rim and using the air compressor tool in the Auto-Workbench.   There are some full damaged wheels you can

collect on the roads to make a full wheel using our 2x damaged = 1 good system. 

To make the VM Auto-workbench you need to first be able to craft 'normal workbenches' as you will need one to build the full Auto-workbench

along with a car lift  (craftable) , a compressor and a ratchet set ( craftable and  lootable in world) ......you can then, after learning how, assemble the various vehicle

parts into the various assemblies to build your custom vehicle.

Car body assembly (requires a fully body kit)
Electrical subsystem assembly
Car engine assembly
Car Body Kit
Vehicle Madness wheel set

Note : The Monster Pickup will require a full body shell that you can find in Wasteland or Desert biomes.

** Vanilla vehicles can be crafted using the existing vanilla parts as before but on the VMWorkbench ( Except bicycle and Minibike),   we have left in vanilla items to maintain vanilla compatibility for other vehicle mods that do use vanillla resources as part of thier builds,  vanilla parts however will not fit the custom vehicles system build method  **

***** We recommend that you use a bigger backpack modlet such as the ones made by KhaineGB as there are many parts to collect. *****

The Vehicle Madness Team

Ragsy

ActiniumTiger

Contributors for V1.0:
KeuleAufKopf
R3dHot Gaming

A special mention to the testers and thanks for the feedback and bug reports

V1.0 Testers

Furious Ramsey and his 'Rebirth Crew'.

KueleAskopft 

MageJosh

Mr Devolver

Black Wolf
xiiMaRcLeoN
falcon470
davokastro
Cibryon

Changelog for Beta 4 version 5

1. Updated 60 plus vehicles seats to new character poses (average 4 per vehicle some big vehicles 6-10 ).

2. Blocks XML updated to new vehicle alignment standard.

3. All vehicle wheels checked/fixed rotation in Unity as required.

4. All vehicles had a 'Physics' pass/updated in V1.0 as new unity 2022 gives better options.

5. Renamed Marauder to Malice as per history request.

6. Renamed Old Van (beige) to 'NPC Mod Van'.
  7. Changed recipe for Monster Van to require NPC Van and some paint (as not clear which Van to use in past)
  8. Added drivable 'VespaKart' vehicle plus a repairable block version and damaged world block version in spawning( By KeuleAufKopf).
  9. Some localization updates and additions .
  10. Texture pass on all vehicles for new world lighting (Some of the vehicles will be replaced/remodelled in a future update plus a few vehicles windows we need to sort some new textures for them)
  11. Removed the charger as a working vehicle its a wreck only now in the world spawns.
  12. Vanilla motorcycle model has been updated to new model for wrecks and repairables.
  13. Added Explorer jeep to repairable vehicles pool , block and damaged versions to world spawns.
  14. Vanilla 4x4 model has been updated to new model for wrecks and repairables.
  15. Vanilla Gyro model has been updated to new model for wrecks and repairables these are only found in snow or wasteland biomes.
  16. Fixed a bug where the bicycle blocks will explode when hit by another vehicle.
  17. Added VM vehicles to the in game challenges (challenge_cars,challenge_elec_parts,challenge_mech_parts)
  18. Added new drivable Pickup truck by AC (use this for the Monster Pickup recipe)
  19. Added new drivable Big Rig called Old Semi , damaged and repairable versions are in world spawns.
  20. Added some of the new 'Visual Mods' to a few vehicles, this will be work in progress so some others will follow at some point with mod options in a 'Future Update' of Vehicle Madness.
  21. Added VM Damaged Pickup block to Biome spawns mainly Wasteland and then slightly less are in Desert. Wrench the pickup gives
        a Pickup Shell that is now used as part of new recipe for Monster Pickup.

Some information on vehicles that have some of the new Visual Mods that TFP added for V1.0 Vehicles.

• VM Recreational Vehicle ( Spiked Plow,Armor,Seat and Lightbar)
  • Small Buggy ( Plow )
  • Biggy Buggy (Spiked plow)
  • VM Pickup ( not Monster version) (Spiked Plow)
  • Fastback ( Spiked Armor, Plow, FuelStorage)
  • Cobra Mustang (Armor, Plow, Turbo and Lightbar)
  • Workshop van (Spiked Plow)
  • Malice Car (Plow and Spoiler)
  • Spiker ( Plow, Spiked Armor FuelStorage)
  • Small Pickup (visual Seat add on)
  • Hellcar Turbo ( Plow)
  • Blue Camaro Muscle (Plow , Spoilers)
  • Box truck ( Armor for cab, Plow and Lightbar )
  • Military Truck (plow and Lightbar)
  • Three Shuttle Buses (plow and Lightbar)
  • Nissan Skyline (Turbo and Plow)
  • Old Semi (Turbo, Plow , Lightbar)

## Known issues and Observations still to to Fix ##

1.  Yellow warning for Occlusion Remove Entity in console  -  This is a TFP log message and not Vehicle Madness error.

2.  The new VM Pickup by AC - Some 'visual addition' mod issues to resolve before the next full update of VM

3.  Wrenching vehicles in the challenges... some vehicles when wrenched leave lots of on screen sprite icons place of the
     vehicle. It is not on all the vehicles though oddly.  The Sprites clear after challenge completed or you take up another challenge in the list.

4.  Flatbed truck windows texure problem - will be updating this vehicle in next phase so will be addressed.

Feedback

Loot, harvesting amounts and vehicle distribution is welcome along with any other issues you may find in this first release version ,  spent over a week with testers and the feedback was great so hopefully you wont find too much . 

***** Note:  You are not allowed to extract and alter any of the assets in this mod in any way without first gaining permission ,

these assets must not be used in any venture that attempts to make money out of modding ****

A brand new game save is required as this modlet overhaul adds a lot of

new blocks in the game and changes existing ones too !! 

Failing to start a new save game will break your existing save so be warned up front !!! 

Vehicle Madness V1.0 Download link

****  Vehicle Madness may or may not be 'compatible' with some Overhaul Mods as most overhaul modders do a lot of their own code and build systems vehicle wise ****

Also available on the mod launcher  https://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

*****  Please Note :  This is an Overhaul mod in modlet form and is required on both

Client and Server as with other mods that add new assets. *******

Installing the Modlet                                    

Note: Gitlab 'zip' download will double nest the folders so you will have to go down a folder level to find the actual modlet folder.

Example of what happens on Gitlab Downloads

When you have unzipped the downloaded file you would see this :

VMDownload1.thumb.png.c6822eb38dbfe78f13becf7c0982bae5.png

Double click the folder and you will then see this :

VMDownload2.thumb.png.d2bbed594b6c94ff840fdacb8ee1d5e0.png

Above is the actual name of the Vehicle Madness Modlet ( VehicleMadness_Beta4_v5_V1.0)  you can then drag this folder into your Mods folder.

If you are using the old Mods location it is located here:  YourDrive :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods

If using the new Mods folder (recommended) it is located here:  YourDrive :\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Mods

You can type   %AppData%\7DaysToDie\Mods  in the address bar in Windows Explorer or in the Search Box on your desktop and it will take you to the correct location.

Happy Motoring in V1.0  and leave a 'like' on this post if you are inclined to do so !!
🏁

Regards

Ragsy and ActiniumTiger

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Added Install instruction notes (see edit history)

Thank you for this. I can't wait to drive into it. 

I do have two questions

1. I'm running this mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/887?tab=description

Harry's vehicles. 

Will I have to wait for a patch from him for it to work together or should it automatically. Says it worked in a21. Just wondering or possibly need one to load before the other? 

2. Does this generally work with Bdubs? 

Thanks! 

Edited by MrSamuelAdams (see edit history)

I tested this mod with Bdubs and Oakraven's Monobikes and War Pig and they are all playing well together. There will be a few small changes here and there with icons, and some crafting recipe items will appear in places they possibly shouldn't, but all in all it's a good experience.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Thank you for this. I can't wait to drive into it. 

I do have two questions

1. I'm running this mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/887?tab=description

Harry's vehicles. 

Will I have to wait for a patch from him for it to work together or should it automatically. Says it worked in a21. Just wondering or possibly need one to load before the other? 

2. Does this generally work with Bdubs? 

Thanks! 

1. Not sure about Harry's Vehicle mods as states currently at A21 ,  hopefully there will be an update from BobbyLee298 soon for V1.0 compatibilty.

Never having used Harry's vehicle mods its more than likely Harry's may have to load after Vehicle Madness as it patches items.xml files.

2.  Thanks arramus for heads up for mod users on news that Vehicle Madness stiil works alongside bdubyah's collection and also is working alongside Oakraven's vehicles collection.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Order (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

The two POIs in above images, will the appear on the Map if we install this Mod ? I am talking about the small hut in the forest  and the  military compound in snow biome ones.

The small hut is a vanilla poi,  the other is not part of Vehicle Madness.   

I think the one in picture in snow biome  is part of another overhaul that arramus is involved with.   Looks really good i must say .

Regards

Ragsy!!

Posted (edited)

I was asked if Vehicle Madness will work with the latest Experimetal 1.1 b4 version.

It does still appear to work fine for this version of experimental so far and they did a few vehicle fixes for this version ,  although we can

not guarantee that will be the case in future updates to the Experimental Phase .

We are hoping that they have no major changes planned vehicle wise so fingers crossed its only vehicle related bugs they fix and that its does not effect Vehicle Madness stuff.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Spellings stuff (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

The small hut is a vanilla poi,  the other is not part of Vehicle Madness.   

I think the one in picture in snow biome  is part of another overhaul that arramus is involved with.   Looks really good i must say .

Regards

Ragsy!!

Thanks. 

@arramus Is it a part of Apoc. Now ?

It's a very nice POI. We can have a Sniper NPC Soldier on the watch tower.

This is definitely on my list for my next game.  I want to "finish" my current game before starting a new one.  But I am very happy to see this is ready for use.  Thanks for all the hard work!

That POI is in Outback Roadies and Preppocalypse, Ganeshakw. It is also added to the Compo Pack. I showed it in the image because it is made for vehicles, and one of the Vehicle Madness vehicles is called Mad Max. This POI looks similar to 'The Compound' from Mad Max 2 movie.

Hello!! the update is awesome! just wondering if there is any plans of adding the other 2 Bus variants (With all three skins for each one) will ever be a thing

Long Bus: https://imgur.com/AKfQ7Hl

Flat-nose Bus: https://imgur.com/fl6tiYg

Sorry for sending the pictures as links. couldn't find a picture of the flat-nose bus so i uploaded my own to Imgur and this site don't like imgure links I don't know why tho

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Leo87 said:

Hello!! the update is awesome! just wondering if there is any plans of adding the other 2 Bus variants (With all three skins for each one) will ever be a thing

Glad you like this version update :)

No immediate plans on those bus variants but will at some point take a look at those assets from vanilla game .   Not sure anyone else has brought those into the game for users in a public mod .  

Some bug fixes will be pushed for the current version in the next few days so keep any eye out for the next update,  no block changes are expected in the new version when it drops but will let people know on the release day post if they need a new game save.

Regards

Ragsy!! 

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Leo87 said:

Sorry for sending the pictures as links. couldn't find a picture of the flat-nose bus so i uploaded my own to Imgur and this site don't like imgure links I don't know why tho

In addition to what arramus said, you can also take a screenshot, and while the screenshot is still on your clipboard, paste it to the post.

Hello. If it’s not difficult, can you tell me how to make my cars smoke from the exhaust pipe and also make the engine burn when it breaks down? I need this for my mods, I’ve seen it work for most other modders. I apologize for any mistakes, English is not my native language.  

Posted (edited)

I will try to help ...

You need to add the following nodes in the vehicle heirachy in unity for p_on, p_broken and p_damaged like shown in the picture below (Pic1).

These nodes are referenced in the standard engine xml node in vehicles.xml already,  although on newer version of the games vehicles.xml TFP now group all of these nodes under one parent Particle node (Pic 2).

Pic1

Particleplacements.thumb.png.374ffbd3158d5d4e23bb5866272582d0.png

Then under each of these nodes add your particle effects of choice .... the ones we use in Vehicle Madness are combinations of some we made ourselves and some that we downloaded from the unity store.

Pic2

Particleplacements1.png.ae274941b196bf148609d7959dc1025a.png

Hope this helps !!

If you need more help then i recommend you join the unnofficial community modding discord,  we do have people from all over the world that are happy to help !

Information on how to join is here ... Unnofficial Modding Discord.

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Updated text and formatting and spelling stuff (see edit history)

Using this mod in v1 b333 on a Mac and several of the cars have pink windows. Usually in Unity that means missing/bad textures or shaders. I see in my server logs several lines like this:

Texture with ID 4155 and with size 5120x5120 was too large for graphics device maximum supported texture size (4096x4096). Falling back to a dummy texture. Generate mip maps to provide lower size fallback.

5120 is an odd texture resolution. Optimal res is usually a power of 2 isn't it? Would it help to get you a list of of the cars displaying this issue?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jjfranzen said:

Using this mod in v1 b333 on a Mac and several of the cars have pink windows. Usually in Unity that means missing/bad textures or shaders. I see in my server logs several lines like this:

Texture with ID 4155 and with size 5120x5120 was too large for graphics device maximum supported texture size (4096x4096). Falling back to a dummy texture. Generate mip maps to provide lower size fallback.

5120 is an odd texture resolution. Optimal res is usually a power of 2 isn't it? Would it help to get you a list of of the cars displaying this issue?

Yes that would help although most textures are not over 2048 in Vehicle Madness due to amount of vehicles and wrecks. 

I have never had a Mac user that i know of using Vehicle Madness and also not actually having a Mac myself would not be able to 

test compatibility.

regards

Ragsy!!

Edited by Ragsy 2145
text (see edit history)

Added 1.0 compatibility to Harry's vehicle attachments mod for 1.0 Vehicle Madness for who is interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XPn2zR-Ge51zO4-fImgf7T5Y_z1PZGTu/view?usp=sharing

Harry's vehicle attachments mod can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/887?tab=posts&BH=1

Many thanks to Ragsy for his help with identifying the vehicles of the warnings i was getting

Edited by Black_Wolf (see edit history)