A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

valmar i think u forgot to put the reci for the steel autowall on the workbench and on the quickcrafting perk like the others.. i can see it in creative toh.

not sure if u wanted to exclude it or if just forgot :D

also im still trying to understand whats the diff between firetraps and steel fire spikes.. the spikes should make fire dmg and the crippling effect as a standard steel spike, the trap only the fire debuff.. if so, its unbalanced the material costs firetraps are much more expensive

So far from what I noticed is unlike the spikes, they take damage while standing on them and I dont think the fire traps get damaged while walking over them, only when say it gets hit somehow.

which you need construction tools skill up to 40 to buy. yeesh.

not to mention most blocks locked behind a tool like the saw or chisel, so i can make the work bench but I can't make anything because tool, or recipe...so...I'm stuck with sod.

I'm also trying to figure out how to make apple cider, I have apples, bottles of water, even grain alcohol and such...but I'm not even seeing a recipe, both in crafting grid and in the campfire. do I need the beaker, maybe?

I found it...the brewery. I KNEW I'd seen the recipe, I'd forgotten, though, derpo.

200mb patch today - not sure if it affects this mod (might have to reinstall the mod).

*EDIT* Yeah game breaks now - will have to wait for a patch or maybe recopy the mod config files.

I am using the V2.3 experimental expansion and just reinstalled the files and can play without errors on startup.

which you need construction tools skill up to 40 to buy. yeesh.

not to mention most blocks locked behind a tool like the saw or chisel, so i can make the work bench but I can't make anything because tool, or recipe...so...I'm stuck with sod.

I'm also trying to figure out how to make apple cider, I have apples, bottles of water, even grain alcohol and such...but I'm not even seeing a recipe, both in crafting grid and in the campfire. do I need the beaker, maybe?

You need to make a brewery from crafting menu first.

<foodnerd>

Sooo... I've been doing some research, and I've been finding, that for boosting wellness, that a lot of the bigger meals aren't worth it. based on ratios like fullness/wellness, or even ingredients/wellness. whether this needs rebalancing, to make, say a bacon and egg sammich which requires 2 bacon and eggs and one bisquit, who's wellness is 2.4 total, yet that combined meal has a wellness of 1.8 thoug the fullness is goes from 40 for the ingredients down to 25 for the samich. but if I were to boil an egg [which doesn't consume the water bottle yay for a bowl of water as a crafting TOOL. love that idea, valmar!] is only 4 fullness, and .34 wellness. So, suppose i ate all the ingredients. grilled meat is 10 fullness and .8 wellness.

so .8X2+.32X4+.4=3.28 wellness! fullness comes out to 10X2+4X4+5= 41

What I've learned from this, is depending on what you want, it may end up being better for you to look at either a fullness/wellness or ingredient/wellness. in most cases, for me, it would be fullness; I can get plenty to eat, but most times, I'm too full to eat anymore!

so the hunt should be for how much wellness can I get per fullness? it seems just plain bread is fairly high, with 5fullness for .4 wellness.

eating 8 of those for 40 fullness, would give me 4 wellness. which is notably higher than the ingredients, or the sandwich.

apparently, as it sits, bread is healthy. </foodnerd>

in other news, Are mushrooms farmable? I"m thinking they are punch to harvest like the rest of the plants, but with things like herbal antibiotics, and mushroom stew, I dunno if I can get a steady supply.

Are mushrooms farmable? I"m thinking they are punch to harvest like the rest of the plants, but with things like herbal antibiotics, and mushroom stew, I dunno if I can get a steady supply.

He didnt make mushrooms able to be grown punched to get them to grow back or turned to seeds since there is like 1 maybe 2 things that uses it, I asked him about it some time ago. He wanted to be able to make mushrooms grow in a dark place but for anything to grow light is needed.

Playing 2.3 Overhaul - Survivor Class. Anyone any idea as to what repairing Iron Crossbow is now gated by?

I think you need the perk of archery master which requires 50 bow skill to unlock. With bow skill going up so slowly that is basically off my list of possible skill lines. Spending 40 skill points to raise bow from say 10 to 50 and then 10 more to unlock the perk is much too expensive for iron crossbow.

50 skill points is huge and could be used to boost armor smith or shotgun or something much more end game usable.

Maybe archery master perk should be available at about 20 bow skill. Possibly a two level perk with 40 bow skill unlocking the second perk which unlocks repeater crossbow. Even at that it is still too expensive IMO.

I think you need the perk of archery master which requires 50 bow skill to unlock. With bow skill going up so slowly that is basically off my list of possible skill lines. Spending 40 skill points to raise bow from say 10 to 50 and then 10 more to unlock the perk is much too expensive for iron crossbow.

50 skill points is huge and could be used to boost armor smith or shotgun or something much more end game usable.

Maybe archery master perk should be available at about 20 bow skill. Possibly a two level perk with 40 bow skill unlocking the second perk which unlocks repeater crossbow. Even at that it is still too expensive IMO.

Thank you. I suspected that may the answer. I'm currently level 3 archery with any almost broken iron crossbow. I agree 50 archery skill to unlock the repair ability seems quite steep!

With the latest 7DtD 180 meg patch the game is broken for me on experimental and overhaul. When I try to load the game I get red text saying something about "fridge bottom".

Any suggestions on how to get the game going again?

With the latest 7DtD 180 meg patch the game is broken for me on experimental and overhaul. When I try to load the game I get red text saying something about "fridge bottom".

Any suggestions on how to get the game going again?

dont know, I use the new expansion and it plays fine still. They must of changes some code that changed what number say the fridge bottom was.

Drawbridge not working since patch

200mb patch today - not sure if it affects this mod (might have to reinstall the mod).

*EDIT* Yeah game breaks now - will have to wait for a patch or maybe recopy the mod config files.

Val,

After the patch on experimental went live, I reinstalled the overhaul experimental mod. Note: drawbridge no longer works. When trying to use with the remote, I get an error that states "required parts missing"

Also can we get the ability to pick up the drawbridge like an empty wood frame? Also the Zed's keep killing the drawbridge in 3 or 4 hits. Might we up its durability to between wood and reinforced to help it survive a blood moon horde?

VALMAR: Besides not being able to place the bowl of water in the campfire or oven and cornbread not shown in the oven, what did I need to do to not have to punch the plants? Some of the new ones like wheat I think I keep punching it to early and the apple trees for me at least im not seeing the difference between ready to harvest and growing more and keep destroying them by mistake. So can they be made to be looted/harvested when ready as well? Thanks mate and keep up the great work.

Valmar is Great

Not that there is a lack of praise for Valmar's work on Valmod, but I have to give a big shout out to Valmar for taking the time to assist me one on one with getting the mod installed on my private server. Awesome guy and awesome work on the mod pack.

Thanks again!

Doc

Just installed this after an period without when another mod from someone else took too much trouble to install and actually working. I have two problems. Working ovens don't work. Once placed they refuse to open. Two, one of the recipes seems to be faulty. Last night I just got the Dr book, read, and there is NO Healing agent. I can't make bowls from cans, can't make seeds, I can make vanilla recipes. Console comes up with ArgumentException: an element with the same key already exists in dictionary.

What is causing it? How do I fix it?

Just installed this after an period without when another mod from someone else took too much trouble to install and actually working. I have two problems. Working ovens don't work. Once placed they refuse to open. Two, one of the recipes seems to be faulty. Last night I just got the Dr book, read, and there is NO Healing agent. I can't make bowls from cans, can't make seeds, I can make vanilla recipes. Console comes up with ArgumentException: an element with the same key already exists in dictionary.

What is causing it? How do I fix it?

Sounds like you might have installed Expansion in your server and you have Overhaul in your Game folder?

or Vice versa

Sounds like you might have installed Expansion in your server and you have Overhaul in your Game folder?

or Vice versa

I don't play online, I prefer single player myself, so I don't have mods in server. I put the game back to vanilla through Steam game properties, installed the mod so it's fresh and there are no other mods-except some food and crop ones. However after adjusting the others I put in I can CONFIRM they aren't clashing. In the past I had problems with the oven as well so that's no surprise, but the others.....?

I don't play online, I prefer single player myself, so I don't have mods in server. I put the game back to vanilla through Steam game properties, installed the mod so it's fresh and there are no other mods-except some food and crop ones. However after adjusting the others I put in I can CONFIRM they aren't clashing. In the past I had problems with the oven as well so that's no surprise, but the others.....?

Not really sure then.

Every Time i have ever INstalled this Mod its worked Perfect for me.

On server side

On my Own SP games (which i only Mod test stuff i create)

Also what Version of the Mod are you using?

Overhaul or Expansion?

Experimental build for 14.6?

or 14.5 (2.2)?

if its the 14.6 Experimental then thats why..its not even released yet..its Experimental

I skimmed through it. While I don't think it can be done exactly the way the poster is after I do believe the general concept behind it is possible. The easiest approach would be to lock things behind perks and skills

Builder level 1 can only make weak cabin wood blocks. By crafting these you level your construction skill. When your skill in building hits 5 you unlock woodframes. Then after it hits level 10 you unlock the next tier. So on and so forth.

If you wanted to also lock down the "upgrade" paths so players cant just instant upgrade wood to reinforced then concrete and so forth you could make a new tool for harvesting the wood like the OP suggests but what would perhaps be easier is to just make the new item and recipe. Like a new item called "Reinforced Beams" which are crafted out of wood. These beams are required to upgrade the wood block to reinforced wood. You can then lock the reinforced beams behind the crafting perk so you can only unlock it after you level it up high enough. This would, in a sense, achieve the general effect the OP is after I believe.

Would be relatively easy to do though would require quite a lot of time I imagine to make sure all the blocks are balanced out. Though with the new extends property being so deeply integrated into the blocks.xml I assume it will be easier now than its ever been. How badly do you want a system like this? I can see it playing well with my Overhaul. Hm.

How badly do i want a system like this? Very. I think it would add some necessary progression to base building most importantly. Locking building blocks and such behind skills and perks could definitely work for this. The only thing is that it would either have to be sufficiently expensive to unlock the perks for the different tiers of building materials or to make the exp required for the skill to level up high in order for it to not progress so quickly that you can unlock the perks for wood, iron, concrete etc too quickly.

Does this make sense? I would absolutely love to see something like this implemented in your mod, and yes as you say I think it could work well with your overhaul.

Hi Quick question... when i use Remote + Hidden Door... i use like this.

Put the "hidden door" then when use the REMOTE on it nothing happend and on top of my belt apear this "The items need repair or is missing parts"... any idea?... is the same error that happend with the Briefcaase "class" and the key when start a new world, but to open the briefcase just need to hit them until the locked is unlocked... so, the REMOTE "thing" is broken right now?.

thanks for the time ;)

Hi Quick question... when i use Remote + Hidden Door... i use like this.

Put the "hidden door" then when use the REMOTE on it nothing happend and on top of my belt apear this "The items need repair or is missing parts"... any idea?... is the same error that happend with the Briefcaase "class" and the key when start a new world, but to open the briefcase just need to hit them until the locked is unlocked... so, the REMOTE "thing" is broken right now?.

thanks for the time ;)

I have just noticed the same with the animal snare and chicken coop, some part of the code needs fixing.

The block shows missing the feed for the snare, but even with it in the inventory it doesn't work. Guessing something needs to be changed in the items.xml

Archived