A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

i was looking for servers and only found 2. the US one didn't work. I tried the EU one n another one. The other one, when i spawned, i didnt have the class selection. but both of them, i noticed bad lag with inventory but when i play SP, it doesnt exist. i think i need the 2nd update to fix it though.. i will play more tonight...

i was looking for servers and only found 2. the US one didn't work. I tried the EU one n another one. The other one, when i spawned, i didnt have the class selection. but both of them, i noticed bad lag with inventory but when i play SP, it doesnt exist. i think i need the 2nd update to fix it though.. i will play more tonight...

Where did you find them? I share a few servers in the original topic that you can use but I only have "control" over one of them so I can't guarantee the others are still active.

Forgive me if someone else has already asked this, as I have not taken the time to read through the entire thread. I was wondering if there was a list somewhere that broke down class-specific crafting? Will I be unable to craft things outside of my class ever, or are they still learnable later?

Also, the "Class Knowledge" books don't seem to do anything. At least, nothing is popping up telling me I've learned anything. What is their purpose?

Forgive me if someone else has already asked this, as I have not taken the time to read through the entire thread. I was wondering if there was a list somewhere that broke down class-specific crafting? Will I be unable to craft things outside of my class ever, or are they still learnable later?

Also, the "Class Knowledge" books don't seem to do anything. At least, nothing is popping up telling me I've learned anything. What is their purpose?

Make sure you put it in your Tool bar and right click it..there is a know but right now in the inventory

- - - Updated - - -

@Wolverine

Yes, but it would be kinda tricky and perhaps have to be specifically tailored to your own game. I'm not sure what the 15 represents. Real-time minutes or in-game minutes? I assume its real-time minutes. If so you would have to figure out how long you'd have to set it to make it sync up with whatever time settings you have your game set to.

You'd also have to make new blocks to put "inbetween" the stages to artificially increase the timer like I mentioned previously because the limit you can put on a single block is 15.

Now you can use the plantgrowth system to use much larger numbers but then you have issues where it wont always work if certain conditions aren't met. For example it would need to have direct sunlight to grow. The oil refiner actually used to work this way but I changed it to the upgraderated system because of how many issues it ran into with players never getting it to "grow" properly.

Also again to to reiterate another point while this is possible to do, and relatively easy in a a sense (albeit time consuming) I wouldn't recommend it because the upgraderated system is not that reliable and prone to bugging out from time to time. I believe that was why they disabled gore blocks on zombies, actually. They used the same system, more or less.

If you really want to go this route though I can write an example code you can use as a guideline to achieve what you're after.

@Ch53dVet

The moment you mentioned birch I knew what the problem was. Recently the items and blocks were renamed to remove spaces. Apparently there was some left overs in the file. Bit surprised, honestly. Makes me wonder how Pusc renamed these for this to be missed. At anyrate, thanks to you pointing it out I was able to patch it up. The new version should have the fix included. Sorry about that.

For those curious to fix is to replace all "Birch Seed" with "Birch_Seed" in the blocks.xml - something you can do in a second if you use notepad++ with its "replace all" feature.

Also, yes, the new version is now the current linked version. :) Thanks again for reporting the bug.

Notepadd ++ has become my new Mistress

Food items 1107 (Bowl_of_Fruit), 1108 (Cornbread_and_Jam) and 1138 (Bacon_Egg_Sandwich) have no sound when used.

Solution: replace <property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_eat" />

with <property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_eating" />

for this 3 items.

Its PVE, open to public.

I might Stop in...

am waiting for the end of month before i Start up my Own PVE server...it's going to be a Whitelisted server....dont really want to deal with Hackers

i just finished all the last things for it other than a few Tweeks my partner is doing

getting bored just testing over in over again...need a little 7D2D action to hold me out till end of month

I have edited the original Valmod recipes.xml file and corrected the clay bowl recipe. Only download the recipes.xml and replace it it the /7daystodie/data/config folder. (v 18.32)

http://www.mgc-forum.de/7days/ - Open the link and then right click on the file and save as.

Steam Flag your link as a Virus

Update

it flags it if you try to open it in a Steam Overlay window

you have to use a Browser

The Clay Bowls are now intended to be crafted in the Campfire. (From the changelog:Clay bowl is now made in the campfire).

The missing thing is the craft tool, in this case the Cooking grill to harden the Bowls on it, so adding craft_tool="cookingGrill" after the craft_area entry in the recipe will do it.

Included in the download is a guide that should go over everything that is locked down. Nothing that I lock down, however, is really locked behind the class. Anyone can still learn anything. Classes just start with a leg-up in certain areas. Like a rifleman will start off knowing the rifle recipe. That doesn't mean a Builder can't learn the recipe, only that he doesn't start with it.

Also if you don't like the idea of having a locked down recipe system the Lite version may be more for you. It plays more like Vanilla in this regard.

The Class Knowledge book teaches you the class-specific skills assigned to the chosen class. Which class did you go with? Also ensure you read them from your HAND on the toolbelt directly and not through the inventory. There is a bug in the game currently that doesn't always register food or recipe books when read any other way. Sounds like you ran into this problem.

Notepadd ++ has become my new Mistress

It's great isn't it? :)

Food items 1107 (Bowl_of_Fruit), 1108 (Cornbread_and_Jam) and 1138 (Bacon_Egg_Sandwich) have no sound when used.

Solution: replace <property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_eat" />

with <property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/player_eating" />

for this 3 items.

Good catch. I will do that for the next update. Thank you.

After the last update I cannot make clay bowls anymore. Any idea where they went?

Clay bowls are now crafted at a campfire.

I have edited the original Valmod recipes.xml file and corrected the clay bowl recipe.

This works off the assumption that the clay bowl change was not intentional. :p

Included in the download is a guide that should go over everything that is locked down. Nothing that I lock down, however, is really locked behind the class. Anyone can still learn anything. Classes just start with a leg-up in certain areas. Like a rifleman will start off knowing the rifle recipe. That doesn't mean a Builder can't learn the recipe, only that he doesn't start with it.

Also if you don't like the idea of having a locked down recipe system the Lite version may be more for you. It plays more like Vanilla in this regard.

The Class Knowledge book teaches you the class-specific skills assigned to the chosen class. Which class did you go with? Also ensure you read them from your HAND on the toolbelt directly and not through the inventory. There is a bug in the game currently that doesn't always register food or recipe books when read any other way. Sounds like you ran into this problem.

It's great isn't it? :)

Good catch. I will do that for the next update. Thank you.

Clay bowls are now crafted at a campfire.

This works off the assumption that the clay bowl change was not intentional. :p

HAH!!..i edited it anyways.....i guess it works either way now lol

'

- - - Updated - - -

The Clay Bowls are now intended to be crafted in the Campfire. (From the changelog:Clay bowl is now made in the campfire).

The missing thing is the craft tool, in this case the Cooking grill to harden the Bowls on it, so adding craft_tool="cookingGrill" after the craft_area entry in the recipe will do it.

Ok..can we get a Definite fix now..Come on Val..fix it and that other thing so we dont have to keep editing it LOL.

Ok..can we get a Definite fix now..Come on Val..fix it and that other thing so we dont have to keep editing it LOL.

I assume you're referring to the sound issue with the three foods and the cooking grill.

Updating this mod is a bit of a PITA due to envul. For that reason I dont like updating just for tiny little things that aren't exploits or gamebreakers. Not having a sound file attached to eating three foods is not a big enough deal, imo, to bother with it right now. Not that I don't appreciate the report, mind you.

The cooking grill thing however isn't something for me to "fix" as I never intended it to be crafted on a grill. You just put it in the fire. I saw it on youtube. Lol.

Not that a grill cant be used, mind you. Not knocking anyone who likes that more.

I assume you're referring to the sound issue with the three foods and the cooking grill.

Updating this mod is a bit of a PITA due to envul. For that reason I dont like updating just for tiny little things that aren't exploits or gamebreakers. Not having a sound file attached to eating three foods is not a big enough deal, imo, to bother with it right now. Not that I don't appreciate the report, mind you.

The cooking grill thing however isn't something for me to "fix" as I never intended it to be crafted on a grill. You just put it in the fire. I saw it on youtube. Lol.

Not that a grill cant be used, mind you. Not knocking anyone who likes that more.

♥♥♥♥ so i need to Revert back to the other recipe.xml

..thats cool

so how do you make Clay bowls?

I have players on my server telling me they are not getting the Class Selection book and a Class Key - however i know other players have - and i reset my own account and restarted on the server and was able to get it just fine. Any ideas why it might not work for some?

Or can anyone confirm for me if they do or do not get it here - 23.81.64.18:28452

Archived