A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Ich habe da noch eine frage an dich...

Wie kann ich das wieder نndern, das ich die Pflanzen wieder aufsammeln kann ohne sie zu zerstِren.

Bei der aloevera Pfanze trifft man sehr oft daneben und zerstِrt sich auf dauer damit den Boden

I still have a question for you ...

How can I change back, I can pick up the plant again without destroying it.

When aloevera plant switches one meets very often deviated and destroys itself in the long run so that the ground

- - - Updated - - -

ups ^^

Das war ausversehen ^^ jetzt hast du die frage und die Deutsche übersetztung dazu...

Kannst schonmal anfangen Deutsch zu lernen oder so =P

That was accidentally ^^ now you ask the German and the translated processing to ...

Can ever begin to learn German or so = P

@Blue Shark

Assuming I understand correctly you want to change it so you can pickup plants again right?

If I remember correctly you have to add this back to the plants: <property name="Class" value="CropsGrown" />

Find all the plants in the blocks.xml and add that back to them. You can find the plants that need it by searching for "pluck" since only the plants and the electric lights use that. Should be obvious which are which.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent man! I was like; awesome, scrap leg armor without using the workstation. Then I read the patch notes :(

So now the electrical wires are craftable in the electric workstation?

Correct.

Hi Valmar,

we have some problems with the workbenches on our server (version 18.2 and 18.3).

3/8 players can´t access the working benches (all benches), allways the same 3 players. They reinstalled 7DTD und your mod, but nothing changes. Maybe you have ideas, what´s the reason for this problem?

Another problem, when 2 or more players are near one of the workbenches, they can´t access the benches (only 1 player try to access). When only 1 Player is near, (the others go to another chunk, or logging off) everthing worked fine again.

Update!

Did a lot of optimization work on the mod to improve the performance and decrease the inventory lag.

Version: 18.2

Everything:

Renamed a lot of blocks and items to have underscores instead of spaces to broaden its servermanger compatibility. Big thanks to Puschpa for doing the leg work for me on this one.

Mods folder:

New icons and the icon folder now has its own name - no longer piggybacking off the "ItemIconTest" folder.

Do we have to install new client side server files?

Hi Valmar,

we have some problems with the workbenches on our server (version 18.2 and 18.3).

3/8 players can´t access the working benches (all benches), allways the same 3 players. They reinstalled 7DTD und your mod, but nothing changes. Maybe you have ideas, what´s the reason for this problem?

Another problem, when 2 or more players are near one of the workbenches, they can´t access the benches (only 1 player try to access). When only 1 Player is near, (the others go to another chunk, or logging off) everthing worked fine again.

For the first part, be sure its not just user error. I know it sounds kinda rude to say but you would be surprised at how often I get told "I installed it correctly" only for them to later realize after multiple tries they were doing something wrong.

Though if the still have the toolbelt background and see the new icons, it should be working. Only reason it wouldnt is if their xui.xml is not mine - which it should be. Ensure they're using the latest version too, and not some old link.

tiny.cc/valmodicons

As for the second half of the problem - I haven't a clue why that would happen. Could be a game issue. Either way, unfortunately, there isn't really anything I can do about that.

Cant find the edit button. Not sure if this was mentioned, but i had to delete the old client side server files, for the new icons to show up in game.

Interesting. A few on the server had that issue too but Im not sure why. I have multiple folders in my Mods folder and it works fine. It shouldn't be making a difference. Its curious indeed.

Silly question probably, but some of my item icons are not showing up. Is that to be expected?

Sorry, you posted as I was replying.

Try what Wolverine mentioned and delete the old itemiconstest folder from your Mods folder - ensuring only the Valmod Icons folder is in there. Let me know if that makes a difference.

Alternatively you can delete your Mods folder and then put the Mods folder from my zip in its place.

Wow, had to come in and post... I just had the best moment in 7dtd (with 234 hours played it does say something).

28th day, I had quit around 19:00 hours and started today expecting some 3 (in-game) hours to prepare for the night horde. I've decided to fight the feral hordes by being at 22:00 at an open location, then moving a bit away and trying to aggro manageable amounts of Zeds so I could loot as much as possible (for the notes mostly). As soon as I get in, a horde comes and since its still daytime, thinking it's a wandering one, I start casually fighting thinking I will still have time to execute my feral horde plan. To make a long story short, it seems that the feral horde had spawned early, I get a broken leg right at the start and I don't even want to go inside my house to splint as I fear getting trapped. Luckily I already had my weapons and meds on me and empty inventory, so I decided to slug it out even with the broken limb.

~30 minutes of non-stop fighting and 2 occasions where I dropped to 10hp later, my heart was still pumping as I was clearing the last zombies... and it was in no small part thanks to the mod. Most importantly it kept me playing with the great progression but also something I always thought to be a big shortcoming in vanilla - the greatly expanded ammo drop amounts. I spent ~300 shotgun shells and 50 rifle ammo to fight off that horde.

Valmar, thank you for your work - it reinvigorated my enjoyment of A13 and helped provide a lot of fun.

Those are locked behind the Weapon Mod Melee in the Study Desk. Improvised Weapons teaches you Iron/Barbed Club, Bone Shiv, Blunderbuss and unlocks the ability to invest in the Weapon Mod Melee at the Study Desk.

Ohh..alright, never bothered searching the Study Desk since for some reason it just freezes my game for 1-2 seconds each time I scroll the recipe list..

@Jams

While I am curious what iteration you are playing on I am pleased to hear you've enjoyed the experience thus far. Thanks for the feedback, its always nice to hear the tales of players. The Miners TNT stories are perhaps some of my favorites. Lol.

Valmar,

I've been doing some digging and it seems like there isn't much difference between the crossbow and iron crossbow (slightly better durability and very slightly max range) Would it be possible to add some form of minor damage boost to it as well? I don't know how well that would work with the damage being on the projectile and not the weapon. (Not sure how much of that has changed with A13)

For my modded version of your mod (updated yesterday to your latest version and merged some of my changes) I have the durability bumped up just a tad more but also gave it a magazine of 5 as there really wasn't much use for the Iron Cross bow compared to the normal one (at least that I could see)

I also had to delete the previous icons folder when you put them in your own folder rather than the test folder.

I am also having the same issue with the study desk. It is EXTREMELY laggy to open or scroll through the notes. I am not having any issue with any of the other crafting benches or my inventory (pre and post latest lag fixes) only the study bench. This is on a local MP game, and dedicated MP game, all the same when it comes to the Desk. (Don't do much plain SP)

Apart from those minor issues (and the very buggy vanilla skill learning system not giving all recipes form a book) We are loving your mod and with a few minor tweaks and additions here and there (such as adding in the shears) has greatly improved the overall gaming experience for me and my crew :)

Keep up the great work!

EDIT: just saw previous post... miners TNT.. was not expecting that big of a boom, at all...

@Cyrus

You're right about the bow and crossbow. Their benefit is primarily just their durability and range. Though you should also get more experience using them, if I recall correctly. I wasn't sure if adding a damage property to them would actually do anything since, as you pointed out, they are launchers. Thus what is causing the damage is the arrow. However arrows are set to get "quality from weapon" so I suppose it should work. I never got around to testing it.

Increasing their mag size was also an idea I had originally. I might still go that route with the crossbow but the lack of a graphical change irks me. Lol. We shall see.

Deleting the previous icons folder is something I've heard was necessary though Im still not sure why. Its unfortunate and had I realized it I would perhaps not decided to be all fancy by giving myself a unique folder name. Oh well, live and learn. The real kicker is, again, I dont know why. I have two folders in my Mods folder for icons and all those icons work fine.

I'm not sure why the study desk specifically is being so laggy. I suppose its just "one of those things". Isn't much I can do about it currently, other than removing recipes. When A14 hits and Im able to lock recipes to actual skill perks this may change some. Since then I can cut down on the books in the game and instead tie things to level. Heres hoping.

Also, about the vanilla learning bug, it also plagues foods. Eating or reading from a container or from your inventory can sometimes not work. However doing so from your toolbelt by hand WILL work. Incase you were not aware. Please tell your players to keep this in mind and always read or eat from the toolbelt manually by hand. Avoid using the "read" or "eat" buttons in the inventory.

Shears are awesome - so awesome that I've added my own version of Jax's mod in the form of an Admin Tool called Admin Machete. I will look into making a "normal" version at some point too, since many seem to enjoy it. They are great for removing grass though and I find myself using them a lot in my current project that requires a lot of landscaping and building. Makes me wonder what other cool additions ol Jax has hidden away. :)

- - - Updated - - -

@CHUD

Yes, its updated now with the performance tweaks.

Players will need to reinstall the icons (http://www.tiny.cc/valmodicons)

Also note that its been reported to me that they will need to remove their old icons folder for the new one to work. I'd recommend telling them to just delete their Mods folder first and then install the server-client files I linked above. Easiest method. Have fun.

@Jams

While I am curious what iteration you are playing on I am pleased to hear you've enjoyed the experience thus far. Thanks for the feedback, its always nice to hear the tales of players. The Miners TNT stories are perhaps some of my favorites. Lol.

Playing 18.3 (thumbs up for the note costs change and the perf improvement :), playing a scavenging style with just an abandoned house as center of ops that I always return to.

I think you really nailed it in every little detail, the fat zombie chance to be an exploding one with better loot, the door unlocking, the crawling ferals, the new food...

EDIT: BTW using items from the character screen ('b') never failed to work for me, finding it easier than having to move the item to the belt.

Thanks for the continued feedback, Jams. I half expected you to be using a older version that had a jacked up spawning.xml file that caused many near-endlessly hordes. Glad to hear that isn't the case :p

Hope your continued play experience remains entertaining.

When I get home I may do some testing to see if you can add a damage bonus of some sort to the weapon itself or maybe a multiplier to body parts rather than a flat damage bonus?

I'm still getting back into the XML files in general, but there is still a lot of excess clutter within them and tidbits of old code that really needs to be cleaned up (on the pimps end) and clarification on certain things. Could probably spend a week straight just cleaning up the base items xml to get rid of all the clutter / redundancy...

For now though the added magazine size really does help out, We don't mind the graphical issue that much, having a better icon might be nice but what we see on screen we probably wouldn't see the magazine that often even if it had one :)

@Cyrus

You're right about the bow and crossbow. Their benefit is primarily just their durability and range. Though you should also get more experience using them, if I recall correctly. I wasn't sure if adding a damage property to them would actually do anything since, as you pointed out, they are launchers. Thus what is causing the damage is the arrow. However arrows are set to get "quality from weapon" so I suppose it should work. I never got around to testing it.

Increasing their mag size was also an idea I had originally. I might still go that route with the crossbow but the lack of a graphical change irks me. Lol. We shall see.

Deleting the previous icons folder is something I've heard was necessary though Im still not sure why. Its unfortunate and had I realized it I would perhaps not decided to be all fancy by giving myself a unique folder name. Oh well, live and learn. The real kicker is, again, I dont know why. I have two folders in my Mods folder for icons and all those icons work fine.

I'm not sure why the study desk specifically is being so laggy. I suppose its just "one of those things". Isn't much I can do about it currently, other than removing recipes. When A14 hits and Im able to lock recipes to actual skill perks this may change some. Since then I can cut down on the books in the game and instead tie things to level. Heres hoping.

Also, about the vanilla learning bug, it also plagues foods. Eating or reading from a container or from your inventory can sometimes not work. However doing so from your toolbelt by hand WILL work. Incase you were not aware. Please tell your players to keep this in mind and always read or eat from the toolbelt manually by hand. Avoid using the "read" or "eat" buttons in the inventory.

Shears are awesome - so awesome that I've added my own version of Jax's mod in the form of an Admin Tool called Admin Machete. I will look into making a "normal" version at some point too, since many seem to enjoy it. They are great for removing grass though and I find myself using them a lot in my current project that requires a lot of landscaping and building. Makes me wonder what other cool additions ol Jax has hidden away. :)

- - - Updated - - -

@CHUD

Yes, its updated now with the performance tweaks.

Players will need to reinstall the icons (http://www.tiny.cc/valmodicons)

Also note that its been reported to me that they will need to remove their old icons folder for the new one to work. I'd recommend telling them to just delete their Mods folder first and then install the server-client files I linked above. Easiest method. Have fun.

Ok so the tiny link is for Server side only (which i will need later on)?

Thanks Valmar for this awesome mod, also in the name of my server community. The inventory lag seems to have gone and all appreciate this, because it was one of the major woes.

It seems consuming custom food and recipes now from inventory seems to work too...maybe hail the underscores?

Keep up the good work :)

Archived