A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

@Megales

What I suspect happened was that when he first did this he was using an older version of the mod that did not "hide" the admin tools.

Things have changed a bit. They are still there though.

Tell him to toggle "Dev Blocks" in the creative menu. Its a little icon beside the Hand icon, looks like three computer towers. Click that and then search for "Admin" and they should all show up.

I do this to make it a tad more secure against cheaters since not many would think to look there.

Thanks, worked like a charm!

Val, loving the pack so far. Meshed great with my Brass Production and Improved Progression mods. (Although I have not tied cooking into it yet because I'm lazy and there's a lot of food items..) Have it on my dedi and the only 'issue' (beyond a few xml typos/errors/balance that are easy fixes) is that any 'crafting' inventory, from your 'Tab key' to the Forge to the workbenches takes excessively long to load/update. It's so bad that if I hit tab (because it's quicker than 'B') to do anything in my inventory, I will close it and open my backpack instead - it's that much faster. I'm wondering if it's not related to the custom icon loading?

Couple questions on that if you don't mind.

The web page leading to the .7z file in the ModInfo.xml only has 9mm and water bottle. Are all the icons supposed to be loaded there?

I haven't opened the server up to public yet, so it's just 2 people right now. LAN connection, host running on ESX 6.0, server on 2012r2. I allocated 2x4 cores @ 2.93, 24GB ECC RAM, using SSD for all storage. My pc isn't spectacular but it's i5 1x4 3.0, 16 GB 1866 RAM, SSD, GTX960 (graphics settings do not change the crafting inventory lag at all, have tested from StopPlayingOnAToaster to Ultra). Biggest limiter in network is still 100MB. (Gawd that switch needs replaced) 125MB down, 12MB up on internet, though all testing has been done on internal LAN. Server NICs are 2xTeamed.

Is it a resource issue?

Thanks for any advice, love the pack and it's a great play, whenever I don't need to craft anything..

I'm wondering if it's not related to the custom icon loading?

It's not. Love how thinking out-lou.. on-screen tends to motivate ideas and testing..

It's something with the recipe lists. Turn on Favorites(with no favorites in it, so blank list, and 'search' for what you want to craft) and the lag goes away.

The web page leading to the .7z file in the ModInfo.xml only has 9mm and water bottle. Are all the icons supposed to be loaded there?

Nothing to do with anything that I can tell.. Set the path to my server's files and nothing changed.

Is it a resource issue?

Doesn't look like it.

Sorry for rambling, any idea why the recipe lists are so... intensive to load?

Great mod, finally some challenge. After the last update I get an error with sound (stream of water, which is playing "loop"). Please check this sound, because it stab other sounds. A typical problem as the smashing refrigerator.

Please enter the code where the mistake is and how to fix it. I am checking the whole file sounds.xml and I could not even locate the cause of the error.

Error does not affect the stability of the game.

I have versions of the game 7DTD 13.5 + Valmod 18.33.

A and something else. I would have liked to do something about the food "Rotting Flesh". Some applications. In addition, I have a problem finding food, no animal, bird nests.

It is an enough.

Val, loving the pack so far. Meshed great with my Brass Production and Improved Progression mods. (Although I have not tied cooking into it yet because I'm lazy and there's a lot of food items..) Have it on my dedi and the only 'issue' (beyond a few xml typos/errors/balance that are easy fixes) is that any 'crafting' inventory, from your 'Tab key' to the Forge to the workbenches takes excessively long to load/update. It's so bad that if I hit tab (because it's quicker than 'B') to do anything in my inventory, I will close it and open my backpack instead - it's that much faster. I'm wondering if it's not related to the custom icon loading?

Couple questions on that if you don't mind.

I haven't opened the server up to public yet, so it's just 2 people right now. LAN connection, host running on ESX 6.0, server on 2012r2. I allocated 2x4 cores @ 2.93, 24GB ECC RAM, using SSD for all storage. My pc isn't spectacular but it's i5 1x4 3.0, 16 GB 1866 RAM, SSD, GTX960 (graphics settings do not change the crafting inventory lag at all, have tested from StopPlayingOnAToaster to Ultra). Biggest limiter in network is still 100MB. (Gawd that switch needs replaced) 125MB down, 12MB up on internet, though all testing has been done on internal LAN. Server NICs are 2xTeamed.

Is it a resource issue?

Thanks for any advice, love the pack and it's a great play, whenever I don't need to craft anything..

Hello Nomad.

It sounds like you already figured out that the icons don't effect loading time. There have been some who have claimed it does but I nor anyone on my server who I've had test this have had this be true. So I've never seen the icons effect the speed. Therefore whenever they do, if they ever do, is just a fringe case. I know what causes the inventory lag, I've been messing with it long enough that this point to have a good grasp on what causes. Though WHY it causes it is another issue. I'll touch on all that in a moment.

The link in the modinfo.xml is irrelevant. I used Alloc's example folder as the bases for adding my icons and never updated these details since it never mattered and as long as it worked I didn't really care what was in some xml folder that practically no one would look at. The new versions of my mod however should be "properly" setup and not rely on Alloc's leftovers. This only effects, currently, the actual mod and not the server-client files (what servers give clients so they have the icons) as I haven't gotten around to modifying it yet. Seems pointless to do atm just for the sake of changing what the modinfo file says.

Coincidentally what version of the mod are you running? I performed a swept of optimization tweaks a while back so I'm wondering if they'd help any with your lag issue.

Now for the lag issue... I will explain this the best way I can but forgive me if Im not making sense as explaining things has always been a weakness of mine. I always expect people to just "get it" the way I do.

The lag comes, primarily, from recipe books. The size of the recipes.xml (actual physical size of the file and the amount of recipes both) can have some influence on it but in my tests this is relatively minor. Barely noticeable really. At least for me. Removing one of the working ovens (and associated recipes) and the dye station (and associated recipes) might give you some small performance boost. But again in my tests it was so tiny it could have even been a fluke. I don't think its worth it.

The big hitter, the big blood sucker in all this is the recipe BOOKS. The more recipes you have gated behind a book the more stress you put on the inventory thus the more it lags. I think this is because the the game "scans" the entire items.xml and checks all the locked recipes to see if you have them unlocked and it does it EVERYTIME you open the inventory. it doesn't save the "cache" of this and will always update which is why everytime you look at the list the game lags since it has to scan back through.

If a recipe is in two books, it still counts it twice.

If one book teaches five things the game treats it like 5 recipe books. In my mod version of this mod when I had Notes: _____ this essentially doubled the amount of recipes in the game since the Notes: were just copy/pasted recipe books with different names. Despite not locking anything "different" from the normal books it still counted these as unique and caused lag. To reduce lag I removed Notes:___ and made it so you can craft recipe books directly (you craft pistolBook instead of Notes: Pistol, for example) and this made a huge difference. I also cleaned up some fat as it were on some recipe books.

For example instead of locking all the lights behind the tesla book I made a new item called Electric Wires that is now used for crafting lights and I lock IT behind the book but nothing else. So while the lights themselves are not locked behind the book, the wire you need to craft them is. This reduced the size of the book down considerably and thus gave improvement.

With the builder class he no longer starts with a class knowledge book that teaches everything. He now gets a "smaller" class knowledge book AND a handyman carpenter book. This keeps me from having to copy/paste everything the carpenter book teaches into the builder knowledge book. I could try to apply this to all the classes and give them the actual books instead of giving them Knowledge Books. I'm not sure if I want to do this however. I like the Knowledge Books because it saves you from having to read five or six books when you start the game. But we'll see what happens.

Anyway the key is reducing the number of "recipes to learn" in the items.xml

There are, perhaps, some other ways I can reduce the fat by adjusting some recipes (gate all recipes behind needing a special item which is itself gated behind the book instead) but I'm waiting for the next game update before really looking into all that.

Again, make sure you're using the most current version of the mod just incase you're using one from before my optimization tweaks.

Great mod, finally some challenge. After the last update I get an error with sound (stream of water, which is playing "loop"). Please check this sound, because it stab other sounds. A typical problem as the smashing refrigerator.

Please enter the code where the mistake is and how to fix it. I am checking the whole file sounds.xml and I could not even locate the cause of the error.

Error does not affect the stability of the game.

I have versions of the game 7DTD 13.5 + Valmod 18.33.

A and something else. I would have liked to do something about the food "Rotting Flesh". Some applications. In addition, I have a problem finding food, no animal, bird nests.

It is an enough.

An actual console error or an in-game audio bug? I do not touch the sounds.xml so any errors with audio is a vanilla issue and might be beyond our ability to fix with xml files.

As for the fridge loop, maybe you can remove that here in the sounds.xml

<SoundDataNode name="FridgeLP"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_Amb_XSmall"/>

<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Ambient_Loops/a_frig1_lp" Loop="true"/>

<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="1.0" /> <CrouchNoiseScale name="0.5" /> <NoiseScale name="1" /> <MaxVoices name="18" /> <MaxEntities name="30" /> <MaxRepeatRate name="0.001" /> </SoundDataNode>

Set the Loop to false or remove the loop completely to see if that helps. Though it may have unintended side effects. I'm not sure - I never messed with the sounds.xml before so you'll have to fiddle with it to see what all can be done.

As for Rotting Flesh I do plan to eventually make it an ingredient in fertilizer. As for not finding animals... they should be there. If you're on a server you can increase the max animal count in the serverconfig.

You can also adjust it via the spawning.xml

Search for all instances of "animalsall" and increase their spawn maxcount.

Hello Nomad.

It sounds like you already figured out that the icons don't effect loading time. There have been some who have claimed it does but I nor anyone on my server who I've had test this have had this be true. So I've never seen the icons effect the speed. Therefore whenever they do, if they ever do, is just a fringe case. I know what causes the inventory lag, I've been messing with it long enough that this point to have a good grasp on what causes. Though WHY it causes it is another issue. I'll touch on all that in a moment.

Yeah standard correlation and causation, start with the largest changes first.

The link in the modinfo.xml is irrelevant. I used Alloc's example folder as the bases for adding my icons and never updated these details since it never mattered and as long as it worked I didn't really care what was in some xml folder that practically no one would look at. The new versions of my mod however should be "properly" setup and not rely on Alloc's leftovers. This only effects, currently, the actual mod and not the server-client files (what servers give clients so they have the icons) as I haven't gotten around to modifying it yet. Seems pointless to do atm just for the sake of changing what the modinfo file says.

Kinda figured, thanks for the confirmation.

Coincidentally what version of the mod are you running? I performed a swept of optimization tweaks a while back so I'm wondering if they'd help any with your lag issue.

Now for the lag issue... I will explain this the best way I can but forgive me if Im not making sense as explaining things has always been a weakness of mine. I always expect people to just "get it" the way I do.

The lag comes, primarily, from recipe books..... ...... The more recipes you have gated behind a book the more stress you put on the inventory thus the more it lags. I think this is because the the game "scans" the entire items.xml and checks all the locked recipes to see if you have them unlocked and it does it EVERYTIME you open the inventory.... .....Anyway the key is reducing the number of "recipes to learn" in the items.xml....

Makes perfect sense.

Perhaps they'll add a tag for a 'recipes block' in the items.xml so we can place it near the top and stop scanning at the end of the block.

Status update; killed more than 1400 zombies, still no beaker found. :o

You have some bad luck, sir.

It drops in the Rare Medicine group, which is only attached to the Medicine group, which is rather common, and has no specified change to prob.

Try focusing on medicine cabinets, pill cabinets, and nurses.

Biomes generator!

Biomes generator good for nothing. I only generates Plains Wasteland. It is makes no animals, no trees for planting, and birds nest are only in Wasteland in small quantities.

I checked the map size 10,000 x 10.000 either side of point 0.0. No matter what I type in the name of the game. I play game ver.13.5, SP, Random Gen World.

Edit:

As for the bug of sounds somehow does not bother me. Apparently I need to do disk format. Apparently, either the system is mess something or somewhere electronics fell.

You have some bad luck, sir.

It drops in the Rare Medicine group, which is only attached to the Medicine group, which is rather common, and has no specified change to prob.

Try focusing on medicine cabinets, pill cabinets, and nurses.

For I knew in the medicine cabinet in 3 camp.

For I knew in the medicine cabinet in 3 camp. For me, no problem.Worse as I do not have trees for planting, I do not have pets. With food too badly. Only 2-3 day I had the first bread made from corn, a few eggs cooked. By the way no meat.

And how can you play in such a fashion. Since I do not generate biomes where there are animals.

For I knew in the medicine cabinet in 3 camp.

For I knew in the medicine cabinet in 3 camp. For me, no problem.Worse as I do not have trees for planting, I do not have pets. With food too badly. Only 2-3 day I had the first bread made from corn, a few eggs cooked. By the way no meat.

And how can you play in such a fashion. Since I do not generate biomes where there are animals.

Without animals food is rough at first, once you have a farm you will be fine though. Even without meat (sad as that may be).

Yucca Fruit + Blueberries = fruit salad, good food.

Corn can sustain you alone, really, especially with a good water source near.

There are also the Animal Snares which will provide you hide and meat without needing animals to spawn.

Biomes generator good for nothing. I only generates Plains Wasteland. It is makes no animals, no trees for planting, and birds nest are only in Wasteland in small quantities.

I checked the map size 10,000 x 10.000 either side of point 0.0. No matter what I type in the name of the game. I play game ver.13.5, SP, Random Gen World.

I don't modify the rwgmixer.xml so any issues you're having there are vanilla or you have an issue on your end. Btw, the game is version 13.6 - if you're really playing on 13.5 then that might be your problem. My mod was built to work with the most current game version. I recommend updating to A13.6, verify the game integrity to get all vanilla files. Then install the mod, should you still want it.

These issues you're talking about such as no trees, no animals, no nests... these are not issues with my mod and you're the only one I've seen experiencing it - likely because you're playing on an old version that had a different random gen mixer.

Without animals food is rough at first, once you have a farm you will be fine though. Even without meat (sad as that may be).

Yucca Fruit + Blueberries = fruit salad, good food.

Corn can sustain you alone, really, especially with a good water source near.

There are also the Animal Snares which will provide you hide and meat without needing animals to spawn.

The animal snares are a good suggestion. With them you can acquire meat without needing animals.

I don't modify the rwgmixer.xml so any issues you're having there are vanilla or you have an issue on your end. Btw, the game is version 13.6 - if you're really playing on 13.5 then that might be your problem. My mod was built to work with the most current game version. I recommend updating to A13.6, verify the game integrity to get all vanilla files. Then install the mod, should you still want it.

These issues you're talking about such as no trees, no animals, no nests... these are not issues with my mod and you're the only one I've seen experiencing it - likely because you're playing on an old version that had a different random gen mixer.

Well, I wonder how I play on version 13.6 of 10 fps (low settings). This version of the game, in my case is unplayable.

I have not checked it with the modem. But I'll know if it works or not. But I doubt if will be impossible to play like this version of the game is for nothing.

I play on version 13.6, and how for now it comes well. But already encountered trouble.

Vanishing items of clothing and armor. Founded by chance two clothes on the same slot, which is strange (there should be this) and after removing the clothes disappeared one second, which was the same slot.

Additionally generate all biomes, they are animals, and I did not this annoying problem with sound.

for some reason i cant make steel pickaxe or steel crossbow bolts i have both the riddle of steel book and both mod_ books, i even cheated them back in (via survivor notes ) to test and still cant make them craft is lit up but it just refuses to make them

Archived