A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Looking nice! Question though; if I want to play single player, and be able to build any and all work-stations, is there a non-cheating way of learning about them? Because you need to have learned the builder-documents to be able to craft working stations, right?

Hello DaVega.

If you play the full version there are several workstations and you will need to read the associated recipe book to learn them.

Crafting_Workbench

Taught by:

Handyman Carpenter (or Builder Class)

Masonry_Workbench

Taught by: Masonry Basics (or Miner Class)

Industrial_Workbench

Taught by:

Metal Working 101 or Iron Working 101

Electronic_Workbench

Taught by:

Tesla Electronics

Superior_Forge

Taught by:

Tool_Mod:_Forge

Dye Station

Taught by:

Known from the start.

Armory_Bench

Taught by:

Known from the start.

Study_Desk

Taught by:

Known from the start.

Looking nice! Question though; if I want to play single player, and be able to build any and all work-stations, is there a non-cheating way of learning about them? Because you need to have learned the builder-documents to be able to craft working stations, right?

That's where the "Survivor Notes" and "Survivor Combination Notes" come into play, just save the notes till you have the required amount and compile them into the books you want to read and learn, the "Survivor Combination Notes" are used to unlock other class profession briefcases that are hidden about the map in specially marked tree stumps, just place briefcase on the ground and right click the note to unlock the case.

P.S. The specially marked tree stumps ("Strange looking tree stump" or something similar to that name) don't always have a briefcase inside them but they usually contain much needed special ammo types and such so don't pass one by if you don't have to.

Unless of course I'm totally wrong then in that case Valmar will correct me.

Valmar,

Just out of curiosity, what are the tranquilizer guns used for? PvP? Class Profession Medic? If the answer is one that requires a spoiler alert just say so and don't ruin it for those who don't want to know, that will be enough of an answer for me to keep exploring.

Ahhh.. Lol. Thanks!

You'll be amazed how fast your "Athletic Skill" rises which in turn increases your level xp too, so it's a win-win. Also, using your hands to bash and collect things doesn't increase the heat map temp like a hand held tool would.

Valmar,

Just out of curiosity, what are the tranquilizer guns used for? PvP? Class Profession Medic? If the answer is one that requires a spoiler alert just say so and don't ruin it for those who don't want to know, that will be enough of an answer for me to keep exploring.

I know I'm not Val but I think I can answer, those are for PVP/Mutliplayer I believe. There are two types of darts, the healing kind and the infection kind. The item and the ammo for it are for server and muliplayer play.

No fix currently besides attaching stuff to the Favorites. I've noticed the inventory/recipe lag as well but as of yet there's nothing that can be done.

Thanks..I'm getting ready to rent a 20 man PVE (whitelist) server and 25 man Teamspeak server at the end of the Month..just want to see if it could be cleared up

this seems be ok for now though

when Alpha 13.7 comes out will i have to Pull the MOD on the Dedicated server till a Update or will it be compatible?

Hey Valmar, thank you for all the hard work put into this Mod! Gives the game a new lease of life when I thought I had done all I could!

Quick question, is this mod or will it ever be compatible with ClockWork Orange's unofficial XML Files or Sirmod V5's Xui mod?

Thanks again!

Valmar,

They used for multiplayer. Requiem covered it accurately. There is a healing dart and a infection dart the player can craft. If you only play single player then the tranq and darts are pretty useless.

I'm having a problem with Menu lag when i open and close the "Tab" key...Is there a fix for this other then Clicking the Star icon?

Not at present.

Thanks..I'm getting ready to rent a 20 man PVE (whitelist) server and 25 man Teamspeak server at the end of the Month..just want to see if it could be cleared up

this seems be ok for now though

when Alpha 13.7 comes out will i have to Pull the MOD on the Dedicated server till a Update or will it be compatible?

I don't know if it will compatible. It depends on how big A13.7 (or A14, whichever comes next) is. They're adding a lot of new features to the game so I doubt it will work. You might need to wait a day or so for me to get my files updated.

Hey Valmar, thank you for all the hard work put into this Mod! Gives the game a new lease of life when I thought I had done all I could!

Quick question, is this mod or will it ever be compatible with ClockWork Orange's unofficial XML Files or Sirmod V5's Xui mod?

Thanks again!

My mod actually features quite a few of Clockwork Orange's unofficial fixes as it stands. Perhaps not all, but certainly a fair few. That being said it should be compatible provided you know how to add his edits to my files manually. You can't just drag and drop - at least for the most part. There are some xml files he modified that my mod doesn't actually touch that you could, in theory, simply replace.

Sirmod V5's xui mod is a UI interface yes? I don't know how deep his changes go. As long as you merge my xui.xml edits with his (the UI stuff is largely handled by the XUI folder xmls) then it should, in theory, be compatible.

There are practically no mods other than the compo prefab pack that you can simply drag-and-drop into my mod and have working. That being said there are a lot that can be manually added in without issue. Its up to you, the user, to decide if its worth that extra bit of effort.

Okay, thanks very much for the reply Valmar.

I shall take some time out tomorrow to sit down and go over all the xml files and see which changes I would like to add in for myself, don't think I'd enjoy the game as much without your mod pack.

Keep up the great work, thanks again!

Small update.

I know there are some of you who have been experiencing serious inventory lag. While there indeed may not be much I can do about that I have went ahead and tried out some possible tweaks that should, in theory anyway, help reduce the lag. As the lag was never really bad enough for me in the first place I don't really see much difference, personally. However I have observed that performance can scale significantly depending on the client's pc specs.

So I humbly request all those who felt heavily impacted by inventory lag to give this beta version a try. I call it beta because I don't know if I will make the changes "official" - I will wait until after I hear back from interested testers to see if it provides any improvement and make my decision then whether to import the changes into the Valmod Pack. So those who dont mind doing a quick trail run of a beta version to see if lag has been reduced, I ask you to try this:

Valmod 18.2 BETA

Small update.

I know there are some of you who have been experiencing serious inventory lag. While there indeed may not be much I can do about that I have went ahead and tried out some possible tweaks that should, in theory anyway, help reduce the lag. As the lag was never really bad enough for me in the first place I don't really see much difference, personally. However I have observed that performance can scale significantly depending on the client's pc specs.

So I humbly request all those who felt heavily impacted by inventory lag to give this beta version a try. I call it beta because I don't know if I will make the changes "official" - I will wait until after I hear back from interested testers to see if it provides any improvement and make my decision then whether to import the changes into the Valmod Pack. So those who dont mind doing a quick trail run of a beta version to see if lag has been reduced, I ask you to try this:

Valmod 18.2 BETA

Yes,Yes and Yes

Great improvement....it went from 3-4 second delay to about half of a second.I didn't even need to click the Star button at anytime

Whatever you did....Tweek a little more and you may have solved it for good

I tried the Spaming the Tab button also to try to overload it and it was still only a Half a sec delay

My specs are

i7 Quadcore 2.6

20g Ram

Ati Radeon HD 6990 4g

I also noticed that before my Video card would run at 99% before

this time it went around 75%

Well done sir..your going in the right direction

Good to hear. I do have a few more tweaks I could do. But I want to get a good test base for this before I make those changes. Would you be willing to test another beta version, Chud, to see if further adjustments offer any more performance?

Good to hear. I do have a few more tweaks I could do. But I want to get a good test base for this before I make those changes. Would you be willing to test another beta version, Chud, to see if further adjustments offer any more performance?

Sure bro..Load it up...I save all the different files to roll back...I tested this in a Co-op MP map...so i'm not sure of the Dedicated server just yet.....Hope it works for them too

Standing by

I'M going to be loading this onto my Dedi server at end of the month along with Combo pack 16 so anything i can do to help

not really sure if the Dedicated server is any different then a Co-op MP map...i could be wrong but it dont seem like it should

i tried it on SP map with same results

Archived