A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I don't get why people like to play these kind of games with high/limitless backpack, since inventory management is one of the key features of survival games. 32 slots backpack is already too big and items stacks are unrealistic.

Once you get a large mod, like this one, inventory management gets too difficult because of all the new, small tidbit items that clog your backpack.

I don't get why people like to play these kind of games with high/limitless backpack, since inventory management is one of the key features of survival games. 32 slots backpack is already too big and items stacks are unrealistic.

Some of us are casual players who'd rather just deal with the zombies. Including zombie chickens and rabbits. And bandits. ;)

Different play styles for different folks. And the great thing about this game is that you can mod it to suit your play style.

trying to install on a server

I'm trying to install this mod pack on to a server, and it wont start up. I uploaded the files (if it matters it is a dedicated server hosted online) to the same relative location as I put them on my side of things, but when I start up the server, I am unable to connect, it says that my game is unable to retrieve the server info. Am I missing a step?

If you are finding the mod too difficult I'd advise playing the Expansion Pack rather than the Overhaul, assuming you are. Otherwise lower the game difficulty.

A level 200 skill cap is fairly easy to add and I might include something akin to that when A16 drops. Though no telling how much longer that will be, and its not high on my priorities atm. Its on my radar, though.

It would be great if this could happen.

I'd like to specifically ask how to install this with an FTP for gameservers.com? I'm a bit of an airhead and couldn't find any videos.

But anyway, another thing came to my mind after I made several hundreds of bullets. The recipe doesn't require tumbler, although armory has such tool slot, I also checked the file and there are no recipes that require tumbler at all. Is this intended?

I also removed several silly recipes, those gunpowder and bullet tip ones that require a bullet,

these will dismantle a bullet but gives only 1 resource.

I would rather use the other "dismantle recipe" that gives "a book" that gives all resources.

The tumbler is used to convert ammo. Like 9mm to 10mm. Good point on the gunpowder and guntip recipes.

I wonder if I should make ammo dismantling its own perk... hmm...

I'm trying to install this mod pack on to a server, and it wont start up. I uploaded the files (if it matters it is a dedicated server hosted online) to the same relative location as I put them on my side of things, but when I start up the server, I am unable to connect, it says that my game is unable to retrieve the server info. Am I missing a step?

PM me the server's ftp login and what version of the mod you want (Overhaul or Expansion) and I'll install it for you if it makes it easier.

Its possible, yes. But not easy. Might as well say no its not possible, unless you're very comfortable with the XML files and have experience modifying the UI. Practically speaking, no. Technically speaking, yes.

It will be awesome if with the bigger backpack mod would also come a 60, 70, 90 slots option

The tumbler is used to convert ammo. Like 9mm to 10mm. Good point on the gunpowder and guntip recipes.

I wonder if I should make ammo dismantling its own perk... hmm...

Oh yes, I forgot that I removed convert recipes because I didn't find any real life reference how to convert ammo to different caliber. I have to add tumbler for the actual ammo recipes.

I'm not so sure, everyone can dismantle a bullet. It doesn't require special skills.

To make a bullet of a specific caliber so it doesn't blow up your gun is a different story. :D

Oh yes, I forgot that I removed convert recipes because I didn't find any real life reference how to convert ammo to different caliber. I have to add tumbler for the actual ammo recipes.

I'm not so sure, everyone can dismantle a bullet. It doesn't require special skills.

To make a bullet of a specific caliber so it doesn't blow up your gun is a different story. :D

this guy gets it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Some of us are casual players who'd rather just deal with the zombies. Including zombie chickens and rabbits. And bandits. ;)

Different play styles for different folks. And the great thing about this game is that you can mod it to suit your play style.

yeah i cut the stacks way down and use normal size backpack...but i do enjoy the bigger Minibike Space..that makes since to me

I noticed a great improvement when i lowered stack sizes..nothing is bigger then 5000 now as far as Resources

PM me the server's ftp login and what version of the mod you want (Overhaul or Expansion) and I'll install it for you if it makes it easier.

I appreciate the offer, but honestly just some instructions would be fine. Or is it dependant upon what service I'm using? It's Host Having if it matters.

That's what I did. I did a clean install on the server (we had been playing a game previously and wanted to start fresh w the pack). Then I used filezilla to upload the mods and data folders to the main folder.

good to hear..i hope its working out well for you now...i always Manually Update my Pingperfect server

Bigger Backpack Installation

The bigger backpack says to install the same as Valmod after installing Valmod, but I don't know which files exactly I'm supposed to move over. Does anybody have a more step by step instruction on how to install it?

good to hear..i hope its working out well for you now...i always Manually Update my Pingperfect server

It is, but not because of that. I meant that I had already done that and it wasn't working. Turns out I was being a total noob on this one. So after you reinstall the server, there is apparently no server config file unless you go in and set it up. I assumed (incorrectly) that it had one just with the default settings. So I set that up, and NOW it is working. Thanks for the help though.

this guy gets it :)

Some people do argue that there's no need for realism, since there are ZOMBIES. But I like games that are semi realistic, like real life but with zombies. Of course some things must be done gameplay wise.

I have been thinking to check craft times to be more realistic, those are dependent of total daytime and I'm playing at 90 mins setting. I also need to ponder realistic stacks when I have some more time.

So what your stack limits are?

Argument Exception on latest valmod overhaul.

I'm trying this for the first time in 15.1 and having a few issues. Running under x86_64 linux and I fixed the textures by putting them on my webserver and updating the links. I can see the UI looks good and I'm not getting any unable to load errors in the console.

However, I am still getting an "ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controles when doing Repaint".

I'm quite stuck on this one and I get it when running in 32 bit also.

I get this in console right at the start of a brand new game. Valmod overhaul and the included Backpack is the only thing installed.

Not sure if this is related but I also get 4x "ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary." higher up in the console but this does not abort the game where as the other one does.

Any help would be appreciated.

It will be awesome if with the bigger backpack mod would also come a 60, 70, 90 slots option

That isn't possible on a practical level. You need to have the assembly-csharp.dll file modified to your very specific size (its not a one mod fits all type deal). You'd also need to radically change the UI to make it fit. As it stands 45 slots was the biggest I could make it without radically changing the UI interface for the backpack. Even that, however, required me to spend a day messing with the window and controls to make sure it all fit and that the names and quality were all evenly sized.

This isn't a casual thing that that you can just do on a whim. It takes a lot of effort.

The bigger backpack says to install the same as Valmod after installing Valmod, but I don't know which files exactly I'm supposed to move over. Does anybody have a more step by step instruction on how to install it?

Install Valmod.

Open Bigger Backpack Mod.

Drag and drop the folders inside the Bigger Backpack Mod folder into your 7DTD directory.

Overwrite when prompted.

Launch the game without EAC.

Done.

Install Valmod.

Open Bigger Backpack Mod.

Drag and drop the folders inside the Bigger Backpack Mod folder into your 7DTD directory.

Overwrite when prompted.

Launch the game without EAC.

Done.

This seems to come up so often, I wonder if you should add this text to the installation image in the zip Valmar :)

This seems to come up so often, I wonder if you should add this text to the installation image in the zip Valmar :)

Well, I do include a installation readme file in the Bigger Backpack Mod folder. This was just a case of "over thinking it", imo. People tend to do that for some reason.

Some people do argue that there's no need for realism, since there are ZOMBIES. But I like games that are semi realistic, like real life but with zombies. Of course some things must be done gameplay wise.

I have been thinking to check craft times to be more realistic, those are dependent of total daytime and I'm playing at 90 mins setting. I also need to ponder realistic stacks when I have some more time.

So what your stack limits are?

I been playing this game since Alpha 5 and I am at the point where i dont even call them Zombies anymore...to me they are "Infected"

and think about the Ammo stacks...how many people actually carry 500 rounds of ammo around (not possible)

i know from Experience 100 rounds of 5.56mm is pretty heavy

you can carry like 100 rounds of 9mm before you notice the weight

SHotgun shells are another story(they require space).

now think about a AK-47 bullet (7.62).Magazine of ammo for that gun is like a 3lb brick(not kidding)

i'm a realist guy.I love to MOD this game.Valmar is amazing modder also

i enjoy everything he puts out

i just like to create and tweek also

im working on a new approach on Ammo...making ROunds into Magazines instead and putting limit on how many you can carry

i lowered all my stacks down real low (the games better also)this just my Opinion

none of my stack are higher then 5000 (stone)

the rest are very low even the ammo

maybe someday we will get this value to work properly

<property name="Encumbrance" value="0.01" />

and Radiation so i can build a Radiation City that you can only stay in for short time with the rad suit

Hi Valmar, hoe issue resolved with clean save (Compo-Valmod version issue probably).

I'd just like to say I love what your mod does with the game. I'm happy with the new mix of Maniacs, nice flavor, do you think you can teach them to open unlocked doors?

On stacks/weight I have to say that 7dtd is of the minecraft slot carrying version, if you are base building lots of stacks of materials that would break a tipper truck with what you run around with. I was going to suggest a pickup 'box' item to hold large stocks of items for long distance haulage (maybe a belt only limitation when containing items and not 'folded'), or maybe a container you can 'use' on your belt that locks it there till empty. Still getting the odd hiccup when taking quest items from containers with the relevant quest is active (not sure if it's related to big backpack item slots as transfer targets).

Hey Valmar,

Great mod, thanks for the hard work. I really enjoy the mod.

I have a question: The green block that shows when placing things in the world (like a campfire), would it be possible to have that block indicate which square would be affected when mining. I still sometimes dig out blocks I didn't mean to and then have to fix it afterwards.

It seems I spoke too soon when I wrote this initial post. I only just started with your mod, so I have a lot to learn about it. I started reading through the earlier posts and found some of your posts that describes how your mod works. I am creating a text file with all that information in for future reference.

I would however have liked if certain items weren't locked behind recipes. Stuff that you could learn by exercising a certain skill. For example building. It's sometimes frustrating not to be able to build wooden frames because I haven't found the recipe. I know I can trade notes for it as well, it just would have been cool if it was related to skill instead. Things like weapons, armour, etc is fine to find the recipe for. Anyway, if it is possible to link those type of things with the skills instead and you can point me in a direction I would be happy to experiment with it myself.

Thanks again for your efforts!

I been playing this game since Alpha 5 and I am at the point where i dont even call them Zombies anymore...to me they are "Infected"

and think about the Ammo stacks...how many people actually carry 500 rounds of ammo around (not possible)

i know from Experience 100 rounds of 5.56mm is pretty heavy

you can carry like 100 rounds of 9mm before you notice the weight

SHotgun shells are another story(they require space).

now think about a AK-47 bullet (7.62).Magazine of ammo for that gun is like a 3lb brick(not kidding)

i'm a realist guy.I love to MOD this game.Valmar is amazing modder also

i enjoy everything he puts out

i just like to create and tweek also

im working on a new approach on Ammo...making ROunds into Magazines instead and putting limit on how many you can carry

i lowered all my stacks down real low (the games better also)this just my Opinion

none of my stack are higher then 5000 (stone)

the rest are very low even the ammo

maybe someday we will get this value to work properly

<property name="Encumbrance" value="0.01" />

and Radiation so i can build a Radiation City that you can only stay in for short time with the rad suit

I don't even use guns in this game - just not necessary and you the amount of ammo you can carry is ridiculous.

Maybe the game will get to the point where guns are necessary to survive but we’re not there yet (and yeah, Val kicks ass).

Hi Valmar, hoe issue resolved with clean save (Compo-Valmod version issue probably).

I'd just like to say I love what your mod does with the game. I'm happy with the new mix of Maniacs, nice flavor, do you think you can teach them to open unlocked doors?

On stacks/weight I have to say that 7dtd is of the minecraft slot carrying version, if you are base building lots of stacks of materials that would break a tipper truck with what you run around with. I was going to suggest a pickup 'box' item to hold large stocks of items for long distance haulage (maybe a belt only limitation when containing items and not 'folded'), or maybe a container you can 'use' on your belt that locks it there till empty. Still getting the odd hiccup when taking quest items from containers with the relevant quest is active (not sure if it's related to big backpack item slots as transfer targets).

this not possible...you would need all new code that is outside the XML.

When you put stuff in a box (container) it is a block already.

if you change that block all your stuff disappears.

this the same for minecraft.(but you lose your items,they get destroyed)

Make a trunk put alot of stone axes in it and then try to break it to pick it up (even with Code to allow it to be picked up)all the items drop out onto ground.

because the block changed.

the only game with that type of thing is Rust and this isn't Gary's mod.

but i like the idea.Maybe ask the Devs or make a Pimp dream request

P.S. dont forget that this game is a Inventory management game which is what alot of people get away from when they start raising stacks.

Archived