A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Awesome Valmod Fun!

Doodes! (Valmar in particular)

Just wanted to thank this mod for an awesome experience a friend and I had over the weekend. We were rolling down the road on our bikes exploring at night, when suddenly this zombie in farmer clothes and a burlap sack over it's head comes out of the shadows and onto the road as we are passing. I jumped off my bike to have a go at him, and my buddy follows suit. So I arm the trusty Spiked Club and go up to give it a whack, nailed it in the head. It barely reacted and proceeded to give me a whack with, what I think was either a hoe or pitchfork. Yikes! I went from ~116 health to ~45 health with that one hit! First Aid kit 1 applied! Then the excitement starts to go over the top, along with a good dose of panic. I proceed to unload with attacks using my club while my buddy opens up with his Sniper Rifle. This thing took all we could muster, a few First Aid kits applied to keep me in the fight, and kept coming at me. In the end, it killed me and my buddy ran it down with his bike, lol. Anyway, love that kind of new experience this mod provides. Previously, I had no idea that thing existed. Crazed Ravager or something.

Kudos to Valmar and the zombie creator! =)

Will this mod play nice if I join a server that doesn't have it?

No, not really. You'll have issues with inaccurate descriptions, locked recipes and so forth.

Is it OK to confirm the first craftable/usable item to start skill gain from 1 or would that be too much of a spoiler?

I have no idea what any of this means, to be honest with you.

Doodes! (Valmar in particular)

Just wanted to thank this mod for an awesome experience a friend and I had over the weekend. We were rolling down the road on our bikes exploring at night, when suddenly this zombie in farmer clothes and a burlap sack over it's head comes out of the shadows and onto the road as we are passing. I jumped off my bike to have a go at him, and my buddy follows suit. So I arm the trusty Spiked Club and go up to give it a whack, nailed it in the head. It barely reacted and proceeded to give me a whack with, what I think was either a hoe or pitchfork. Yikes! I went from ~116 health to ~45 health with that one hit! First Aid kit 1 applied! Then the excitement starts to go over the top, along with a good dose of panic. I proceed to unload with attacks using my club while my buddy opens up with his Sniper Rifle. This thing took all we could muster, a few First Aid kits applied to keep me in the fight, and kept coming at me. In the end, it killed me and my buddy ran it down with his bike, lol. Anyway, love that kind of new experience this mod provides. Previously, I had no idea that thing existed. Crazed Ravager or something.

Kudos to Valmar and the zombie creator! =)

Haha glad you're having fun. I do enjoy reading peoples first encounter with good ol Jason. :)

Haha glad you're having fun. I do enjoy reading peoples first encounter with good ol Jason. :)

OK, so that's the Jason I've heard about in posts here and there. Was definitely exciting and fun!

I've been considering what I will run on my DS next wipe. Considering aspects of Overhaul, but not all. I see you have much of it split up individually, which is sweet. But, I so far fail to see just the extra zombie types as an individual mod. I could probably figure out how to do it myself, eventually, but figured I'd ask in case I missed it and/or there is an easy way.

Valmod workingovens/workbench Vanilla XUI HELP! Please

@Valmar

Hello Sir, we really love and enjoy playing your wonderful mod!

We have ran into an issue though...It seems that 99% of the time new players joining my server leave quite quickly. They usually complain that the white textures with red question marks is a terrible eye sore, and not everyone is willing to just go download the mod to fix the texture issue.

To correct this problem I have been testing and trying to use vanilla XUI, with Valmod Overhaul. The problem I have been running into is that I cant seem to get any vanilla XUI to work with any custom workbench/oven.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication! You are a great asset to all of us!

- Rudy

Black Screen

Hi, I just installed the Expansion version, following the first post's instructions. However, when I start the game, I am seeing nothing but a black screen. I followed the directions completely, including the large backpack. Can you help me figure out what I might've done wrong? I have no idea. :/

EDIT: I removed the bigger backpack mod and it seems to be working. Disregard. :)

OK, so that's the Jason I've heard about in posts here and there. Was definitely exciting and fun!

I've been considering what I will run on my DS next wipe. Considering aspects of Overhaul, but not all. I see you have much of it split up individually, which is sweet. But, I so far fail to see just the extra zombie types as an individual mod. I could probably figure out how to do it myself, eventually, but figured I'd ask in case I missed it and/or there is an easy way.

I turned Jason up to 4k health and gave him only blade weapons :)

after about 550 quality sniper he was a easy kill at 10 shots

I blew him up with a landmine once....i ran in the house door dropped a mine and Bam...good night

Is it OK to confirm the first craftable/usable item to start skill gain from 1 or would that be too much of a spoiler?

For example, scavenging till you unlock the scrap tools (I tend to start as scavenger anyways.)

The 'Scrap Iron Axe' will gain you axe experience to unlock the other axes. The 'Blunderbuss' will unlock shotguns, the 'Stone Axe' will unlock construction tools. Personally, I think 'Barbed wire' should unlock traps (it doesn't) and clay roofing should unlock masonry (I haven't checked). Carpentry has a 'grinder' item to unlock from 1. I don't think I have them all here, and some skills (excluding the 10 pointers) still require books or spent points to unlock.

Hi, I just installed the Expansion version, following the first post's instructions. However, when I start the game, I am seeing nothing but a black screen. I followed the directions completely, including the large backpack. Can you help me figure out what I might've done wrong? I have no idea. :/

EDIT: I removed the bigger backpack mod and it seems to be working. Disregard. :)

Start without EAC enabled and u can use bigger backpack

Sorry if I've been silently as of late. A lot of medical and mechanical issues in the family as of late.

@Valmar

Hello Sir, we really love and enjoy playing your wonderful mod!

We have ran into an issue though...It seems that 99% of the time new players joining my server leave quite quickly. They usually complain that the white textures with red question marks is a terrible eye sore, and not everyone is willing to just go download the mod to fix the texture issue.

To correct this problem I have been testing and trying to use vanilla XUI, with Valmod Overhaul. The problem I have been running into is that I cant seem to get any vanilla XUI to work with any custom workbench/oven.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication! You are a great asset to all of us!

- Rudy

Without the xui.xml and windows.xml modifications for the specific workstations they will not function.

Two options:

Edit the XUI files to use the Mac/Online texture link instead of the local one (comments should be in the files)

Tell them to install the mod.

Given how heavily my mod relies on item icons and how without the mod installed they can't even play the game correctly without having it installed locally I never saw a need to touch the UI for this.

Valmod will not function as intended if they do not install the mod locally. This goes beyond "just" item icons and textures. Key features will not work otherwise.

Sounds like you were forgetting to launch the game with EAC disabled.

I've been crashing all over the place lately with the latest update , not sure why.

Crash dump:

[ATTACH]18758[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately nothing really points out a specific issue to me. Try deleting your Mods folder to see if that helps any, just for troubleshooting purposes.

Had what I can only figure is a weird glitch. Had expansion pack added and needed to make some more iron crossbow bolts. For some recipes I needed fletching. I started making arrows to level it up and when it did it said misc crafting. Did a search for fletching and it wasn't anywhere in my list. Odd. Anyway, I am adding Overhaul as that is what is on server I am playing on now. Just thought I would mention this.

Had what I can only figure is a weird glitch. Had expansion pack added and needed to make some more iron crossbow bolts. For some recipes I needed fletching. I started making arrows to level it up and when it did it said misc crafting. Did a search for fletching and it wasn't anywhere in my list. Odd. Anyway, I am adding Overhaul as that is what is on server I am playing on now. Just thought I would mention this.

When you had Expansion were you perhaps playing on a server that had Overhaul? That could cause the skill/perk inconsistency problem you mention.

That being said I do notice a bug in the expansion arrows/bolts. I will fix that. Though it shouldn't had stopped you from being able to craft them.

When you had Expansion were you perhaps playing on a server that had Overhaul? That could cause the skill/perk inconsistency problem you mention.

That being said I do notice a bug in the expansion arrows/bolts. I will fix that. Though it shouldn't had stopped you from being able to craft them.

I had 2 copies of 7DTD on my computer. One for Overhaul and one I had put on (fresh) for Expansion. So I would start my Overhaul one when I got on that server and the Expansion one when I played on my own server.

As said, the problem I had was there was no fletching perk in the list so when crafting regular arrows I leveled up in Misc Crafting and not fletching.

EDIT: I should have mentioned I deleted all old game files and did a complete reinstall of the dedicated server files before I installed the Expansion mod.

This is a relatively minor update without any big bells or whistles.

Changelog:

Various Localization adjustments for typos and clarification

Fire spike health adjustment

Small minimum damage buff to ironbow/crossbow

Added repair for various containers

Trap spikes (small) now count towards Traps skill.

Small buff to zombie kill experience.

Birdnest no longer needs a wrench to drop feathers when destroyed.

Shovels give more coal from emberpiles and coal ore.

Miner 69er also boosts chainsaw and auger

Small nerf to charredMeat wellness gain

Lumberjack perk increases axe entity damage

Drywall recipe now uses nails

Adjusted arrows/bolts in Expansion Pack to not mention Fletching (Thank you Gamida)

<entity_class name="Bloated Walker" extends="zombieMoe">

There is no xp gain for the Bloated Walker

OLD:

<property name="WalkType" value="2" />

<property name="LootListOnDeath" value="87" />

<property name="ExperienceGain" value="80"/>

NEW:

{BLANK}

There is no xp gain for the Bloated Walker

OLD:

<property name="ExperienceGain" value="80"/>

NEW:

{BLANK}

The bloated walker extends from the Zombie Moe. What that means is that he carries over every property from Moe except for the ones otherwise written within its entity.

If you look at the zombieMoe you'll notice it has this property:

<property name="ExperienceGain" value="350"/>

Therefore, as the Bloated Walker extends from zombieMoe, it too will give 350 experience.

So which do I use overhaul or expansion?

Thats entirely up to you and the type of experience you're looking for.

The Valmod Pack comes in two different flavors. The Expansion pack and The Overhaul pack.

The Expansion pack is meant to be viewed, as the name implies, as an expansion pack for the game. What this means is that it adds a bunch of new features to the game without dramatically changing the overall vanilla gameplay experience. Great if you're happy with 7DTD but just want to have more stuff to do.

The Overhaul pack adds the same items and content to the game as the expansion with the key difference being that unlike the expansion the overhaul, as the name implies overhauls some basic aspects of the game. Mainly the recipe system is considerably locked down compared to vanilla. The overhaul is intended for those who want a new experience from the game.

I love this mod. Thank you Valmar.

Inspired me to finally try some modding - so I'm slowly modding my own version of it to make things a little more challenging - these are the settings I'm using with your current version (subject to change). This is for me and some friends who enjoy a bit of challenge to play PvE. Next big step might be trying to add a few of the zombies True Survival uses and maybe the hilarious zombie chicken / rabbits xD

My changes thus far:

Using compo pack

To be played with difficulty 3 or 4 (default is 2)

25% loot

150% spawn

10 day airdrop

75% block damage

Combat

-

Standard zombies move faster (50% more)

Chance of most zombies (even bosses, but a very small chance) spawning in wilderness

Bloated zombies drop pistols less often and pistols rarer drop generally

Increased wave size slightly for first two horde nights (7,14)

Loot

-

Legendary weapons and normal weapons much rarer in graves

Survivor note drop rate reduced a lot

Wildcard starts with Machete instead of legendary item

Guns

-

Shotgun shell damage increased 20%

Hunting rifle clip size reduced to 6, reload speed increased to 3 seconds

Guns less likely to drop in weapon drop loot (parts more likely)

Is there any way to remove particular zombies from the extra zombies mod? Not particularly a fan of the feral crawlers to be honest. I tried doing some looking and finding on my own but to no avail. Alternatively if I'd need to just remove the mod altogether I'd be willing to do so. Thank you!

Archived