A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Because you're playing Valmod Expansion pack. The Armory is not used in the expansion pack.

Those are unique quest items used in unique fetch quests. You can either sell them to the vendor or save them for when you find the quest that calls for them to get more reward.

Oh ok.. Good to know, Thank you. :):thumb:

Started geting alot of console errors, seems players are crafting Mini Bikes, are the mini bikes causing issues still? Id hate to have to remove the mini bikes from my server :(

Can you reproduce the problem in a solid way so that I can test it?

Minibikes work fine for me, in both versions. I just tested them out myself to see. No issues. Could be something unique to servers, I suppose - though it worked fine on a dedicated test too. Can you replicate the problem on singleplayer?

Considering how many bugs and issues minibikes have had I'm really leaning towards it just being a vanilla issue. The only thing I change about the minibike is increase its storage capacity - otherwise its all vanilla.

I just had my first 7th day horde using your mod, plus some XML tweaks, plus a new rwgmixer.xml

And I have to say.

AMAZING.

'Nuff said. Lol

So much better than vanilla.

More Zed's, more veriety, more fun. :)

This Expansion, should be Vanilla. It's just that good!

My only minor issue, is that the crazy slasher loons Machete is quite OP, and removes any need for any other weapon.

Even at Q150~ it does nearly twice as much damage as any other weapon I own.

I took on a frozen lumberjack horde with that alone. Lol

And now I have 2.

Turns out bandits don't like my spike traps either. :D

Keep up the good work, and Merry Christmas, Valmar!

Thank you Cosmic. I'm pleased to hear you've gotten such a good experience from my mod.

Yes, the Legendary Machete is quite powerful. Though he does not always drop a legendary one, nor can they be crafted. Nor does he spawn all that often (or shouldn't anyway) so I'm okay with it being pretty powerful. Swing swing swing, chop chop chop.

Been thinking of adding an axe-wielding variant of him just to spice things up a bit.

Update V4.4

A relatively small update. Nothing game-changers or any big features added this time around. Mostly small adjustments here and there and some potential performance tweaks.

Changelog:

Performance adjustment to how zombies are spawned in to reduce some microstutter.

Performance adjustment to hub city zombie spawns.

Fixed issue where some industrial doors spawned in with 0 health.

Hunter Quest reduced animal kill requirements.

Zombie Knockdown time reduced.

Zombie Brute's "surface" material changed to metal instead of organic (cosmetic).

Zombie Brute's range and buff chance increased.

Fixed issue with animal hide poncho.

Crossbow repairs with wood.

Hazmat suit now provides waterproof qualities.

Scythe increased stamina usage.

Removed unneeded backup prefabs.

Added adhesive spike recipe.

Buff to oven book.

Various typo fixes and minor description clarifications.

Scrambled Eggs adjusted wellness, added buff.

Omelet adjusted wellness, added buff, added smell.

Maniac Powder crafted at the chemistry station.

XUi - added comments for online links for ease-of-use to Mac users.

Minor UI adjustment to bigger backpack.

Readjusted the sharing structure of Bigger Backpack for ease-of-use.

So I would like to try this mod out but I don't want to mess with what I currently have going so I was wondering...could I copy the 7D2D installation folder into the Steam\Common folder and name it something like 7D2D Val Mod then have Steam recognize it as a non-Steam game? If so will this create a new save folder automatically so that it doesn't overwrite anything that is in my current save folder?

Lastly, is it recommended to start a random gen game with this mod or Nav?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

OSX With Valmod v4.32

Apologies if there is already an answer in the thread someplace, looked for a bit but haven't found it yet. Anyway, is there an easy way to get this to work with OSX? A friend is trying to play on my dedi, but none of the custom textures for the UI work. I assume it's because OSX doesn't use drive letters to reference files like Windows. I see, for example, in XUI.XML there are comments for 'Online Mac', but my buddy is not so adept at editing XML and it seems for me to do it for him it would be rather laborious...lots of customs textures/icons.

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, I've edited for him controls.xml, styles.xml and windows.xml. And also realized I need to simply put them on my dedi as they get pushed to clients, OSX and Windows. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get all the custom icons to work. Anyone....?

So I would like to try this mod out but I don't want to mess with what I currently have going so I was wondering...could I copy the 7D2D installation folder into the Steam\Common folder and name it something like 7D2D Val Mod then have Steam recognize it as a non-Steam game? If so will this create a new save folder automatically so that it doesn't overwrite anything that is in my current save folder?

Lastly, is it recommended to start a random gen game with this mod or Nav?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

You can indeed copy the entire 7DTD folder from the common folder to have two copies. Mod one and leave t he other vanilla or whatever you want. It wont make a new save folder though, so just be careful never to join your current save while modded with Valmod. As long as you dont join the old save it wont be effected.

Apologies if there is already an answer in the thread someplace, looked for a bit but haven't found it yet. Anyway, is there an easy way to get this to work with OSX? A friend is trying to play on my dedi, but none of the custom textures for the UI work. I assume it's because OSX doesn't use drive letters to reference files like Windows. I see, for example, in XUI.XML there are comments for 'Online Mac', but my buddy is not so adept at editing XML and it seems for me to do it for him it would be rather laborious...lots of customs textures/icons.

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, I've edited for him controls.xml, styles.xml and windows.xml. And also realized I need to simply put them on my dedi as they get pushed to clients, OSX and Windows. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get all the custom icons to work. Anyone....?

Icons on Mac are handled a bit differently front what I understand. Someone detailed t he process here:

MAC INSTALL INSTRCTIONS:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack&p=556496&viewfull=1#post556496

Does any one have following code? search all files isnt bringing them up. sent val a pm.. but he busy so figured id check if some one else had it on hand by chance?

2016-12-25T00:32:42 16.769 WRN window name 'windowVehiclePreview' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:43 18.249 WRN window name 'windowValoven' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:43 18.379 WRN window name 'windowValdye' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:44 18.510 WRN window name 'windowValarmory' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:44 18.642 WRN window name 'windowValmerchant' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:44 18.776 WRN window name 'windowValdecor' not found!

those windows i need :-) And all code for them.

Does any one have following code? search all files isnt bringing them up. sent val a pm.. but he busy so figured id check if some one else had it on hand by chance?

2016-12-25T00:32:42 16.769 WRN window name 'windowVehiclePreview' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:43 18.249 WRN window name 'windowValoven' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:43 18.379 WRN window name 'windowValdye' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:44 18.510 WRN window name 'windowValarmory' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:44 18.642 WRN window name 'windowValmerchant' not found!

2016-12-25T00:32:44 18.776 WRN window name 'windowValdecor' not found!

those windows i need :-) And all code for them.

None of these windows are part of Valmod. I assume you're another UI mod. From what I understand this is the Zompact UI made compatible with Valmod. Though I can't be for sure. Either way, I cannot offer support for other mods with my mod. Too many variables. I only support my mod.

I'm having an issue using seeds since last update. I plant a seed, then when I plant the next one, the first one disappears, gone completely.

What seed specifically? Are you planting it on fertile dirt with access to sunlight?

Nothing in the recent update touched the plants in anyway - so it should be unrelated to your issue.

You can indeed copy the entire 7DTD folder from the common folder to have two copies. Mod one and leave t he other vanilla or whatever you want. It wont make a new save folder though, so just be careful never to join your current save while modded with Valmod. As long as you dont join the old save it wont be effected.

Thank you for the quick response. Your active participation is part of the reason that I chose this as my first overhaul to the game. I'm going all out and even installing the bigger backpack along with the Horde overhaul. Looking forward to the new experience. I'll let you know how it goes.

Valmar, hoping you had a great and wonderful Holiday

I have a question on Overhaul ... Combine use to be in workbench - but it is a separate workstation now and for the Life of me can I find it again.

What is the level requirements and under what craft is it now??

I reloaded all my 7D2D games for the new year coming and started a new game yesterday with your newest class - BUT I don't remember where combine is and looked back on the Progression Tree and don't see it.

Thank you

Valmar, hoping you had a great and wonderful Holiday

I have a question on Overhaul ... Combine use to be in workbench - but it is a separate workstation now and for the Life of me can I find it again.

What is the level requirements and under what craft is it now??

I reloaded all my 7D2D games for the new year coming and started a new game yesterday with your newest class - BUT I don't remember where combine is and looked back on the Progression Tree and don't see it.

Thank you

Quality Joe rank 2. The combine station is used to combine items.

invisible bandits

ran into a transparent/invisible bandit while playing on my server with your expansion mod installed. He went from invisible to transparent depending on the angle you are looking at him.

I cant seem to locate how to fix this or if it is even a problem. Any help would be nice.

thank you and your mod is great, well done.

ran into a transparent/invisible bandit while playing on my server with your expansion mod installed. He went from invisible to transparent depending on the angle you are looking at him.

I cant seem to locate how to fix this or if it is even a problem. Any help would be nice.

thank you and your mod is great, well done.

I assume you're referring to Jason, the Crazed Slasher. I dont know what could cause this problem you speak. Maybe the client doesnt have the mod installed locally or doesnt have all the files (assuming that even matters for the archetypes.xml that handles his appearance). More likely the server didn't have enough memory and borked when it was suppose to lead him in. Though I dont know for sure, this is all speculation on my part.

Merchant mailbox? Says i dont know the recipe.

You need level 20 in Bartering.

Archived