A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I assume you're referring to Jason, the Crazed Slasher. I dont know what could cause this problem you speak. Maybe the client doesnt have the mod installed locally or doesnt have all the files (assuming that even matters for the archetypes.xml that handles his appearance). More likely the server didn't have enough memory and borked when it was suppose to lead him in. Though I dont know for sure, this is all speculation on my part.

I's entirely client side, usualy a result of running low on RAM and then it wont load the texture.

Make sure your UMA Texture settings are Medium or lower, as the highest setting is very demanding on RAM. Also disabling SSAO seems to help with this.

Also, if it spawned before you applied a graphics setting change it causes them to glitch out as it unloads the texture but fails to reload it.

Quest Board crafting?

v4.2 Update

New workstation: Quest Board. This acts like a craftable vendor where you can purchase quests.

New Class: Wildcard. The Wildcard class starts with only generic gear, ammo supply box, random legendary and 50 skill points. The player can assign these 50 skill points into any skills or perks he wants, making this class more custom tailored to whatever playstyle you might prefer.

New Feature: Larger backpack inventory space! Thanks to stallionsden I am now able to provide an optional larger backpack version. This will increase your backpack's inventory to 45 slots. However! This will break Easy Anti Cheat (EAC) and as such you will not be able to play on EAC servers nor will you be able to launch the game with Anti Cheat turned on.

To enable the Bigger Backpack Mod you open the "Bigger Backpack Mod" folder provided in the download and follow the instructions in the read-me. Install is quick and easy, just make sure you install the main mod first and that you launch the game without EAC.

Misc changes:

(Overhaul) Oil and gascan recipes adjusted to be closer to vanilla.

(Overhaul) Bullets count towards weapon smithing.

(Overhaul) Woodframe reduced in recipe cost to match vanilla.

(Overhaul) Moved standard storage containers to workbench.

(Overhaul) Reduced logCabin block's crafting experience gain.

(Overhaul) Increased glass jar craft time.

XUI changed to no longer use URL hosted images and is instead all handled locally.

Valmod-specific quests now sold be traders.

Trees can sometimes drop feathers.

Bone and scrap iron shivs give more craft experience.

Unique Quest-Items and Quest Item quests have had their loot chances adjusted.

Merchants can now sell gun mods.

Water filter recipe no longer uses gravel.

Chemical agent craft time reduced.

Chemical Dart craft time reduced.

Loki Shells craft time reduced.

Buffed scrap iron pickaxe block damage.

Localization clarifications.

LokiShells' buff no longer triggers on players due to persistant smoke glitch on multiplayer.

Working oven and sink recipes now require their associated repair kits.

Remote recipe now uses electric parts.

Fixed an ID issue that made genericAmmoSupply not work correctly.

Dear Valmar,

thanks for the update on the mod,

Can you please explain where should I learn on perks in order to craft the quest board.

I saw another post about merchant deliver box, and now I wish to know whether where can i craft the quest board.

Many Thanks

Ronnie

I's entirely client side, usualy a result of running low on RAM and then it wont load the texture.

Make sure your UMA Texture settings are Medium or lower, as the highest setting is very demanding on RAM. Also disabling SSAO seems to help with this.

Also, if it spawned before you applied a graphics setting change it causes them to glitch out as it unloads the texture but fails to reload it.

Ah, right. Client side. Since servers dont actually load textures. Derp. Makes sense, my bad.

Dear Valmar,

thanks for the update on the mod,

Can you please explain where should I learn on perks in order to craft the quest board.

I saw another post about merchant deliver box, and now I wish to know whether where can i craft the quest board.

Many Thanks

Ronnie

Its tied to your Bartering Skill. Level 20.

Hey, thank you for you work, this mod is great, simply great.

The only thing - is there possibility to play your mod with vanilla or another UI?

Valmod Expansion yes. In the XUI folder it actually includes "vanilla-ish" files you can use.

Valmod Overhaul no, not without manually editing the files to ensure you have everything required to work. So technically it is possible but not practical for most users if they dont know anything about modding.

Is it possible to make the combine table accept weapons to combine?

No, it only accepts individual items. Guns are not individual items in this regard since they're a combination of multiple items. You have to dissemble them and combine each individual part.

So where does one find a whetstone to craft the iron pick axes and stuff?

Mine stone or boulders.

Classkey and classselection book not in action bar

Hi all,

We did a clean instal of the server (gameservers.com) and I ftp uploaded the overhaul package. Same for the client.

But when we are entering the server there is no Classkey and classselection book to be found.

I guess Iلm doing something wrong?

M

Hi all,

We did a clean instal of the server (gameservers.com) and I ftp uploaded the overhaul package. Same for the client.

But when we are entering the server there is no Classkey and classselection book to be found.

I guess Iلm doing something wrong?

M

Is the UI still modded? If so, the mod is installed correctly. Which means the problem is likely that you've joined that map before. It has to be your character's first time ever joining the map to spawn with those items. Either start a new seed (new map) or delete the player data from the save folder.

If the UI was vanilla then the mod did not install correctly.

Is the UI still modded? If so, the mod is installed correctly. Which means the problem is likely that you've joined that map before. It has to be your character's first time ever joining the map to spawn with those items. Either start a new seed (new map) or delete the player data from the save folder.

If the UI was vanilla then the mod did not install correctly.

I have the UI, we first had the expansion. When we wiped the server we did a clean install of 7dtd and your overhaul mod.

All the users had the same issue. I gave them the 2 items via de admin interface so were sorted for now.

I'm having a problem with Bigger Backpacks: I can't automatically move things into the lower slots unless I first move something into them by hand. Then, when I restart my game, the extra (bottom) slots are empty and my loot is gone.

Are you sure you merged over the 7DaysToDie_Data folder? You need that for the bigger backpack to work.

Test: Can you load the game with EAC? If so, then you didn't move the folder over.

Are you sure you merged over the 7DaysToDie_Data folder? You need that for the bigger backpack to work.

Test: Can you load the game with EAC? If so, then you didn't move the folder over.

I can't open the game with EAC. I'm pretty sure I moved the files right...

You aren't suppose to be able to open the game with EAC. Server side need server .dll file for the inventory to load properly if connecting to a dedicated server

I'm confused now.

My problem is that when using the "Big Backpack"-mod (That I have installed both on my server and my client), I lose what's in the "bonus" backpack-slots everytime I log off.

Val asked if I could load the game without EAC, presumably to verify weather the mod was actually installed or not. I can't run my modded game without EAC (neither client or server). This is as expected with the BB-mod, yes?

Everything seems to be working fine, except I can't use the bonus slots with the "R"-command, until I've manually moved something into the extra slots. Then it apperas to work just fine, until I log off and on again. Then everything in the bonus slots is gone.

Hey Valmar.

Is there a way to import your CHS zombie behaviour and horde spawns to your Valmod Pack? Im not used your mods yet but i like the Valmod feature list, and i want to combine it with the CHS (as i see its have similar features like Valmod Pack except with the available weapons) spawns and zombies for a nice challenge. I like in the CHS features the reduced zombie block damage. I cant even deal in the vanilla with the fact when zombies can destroy fully upgraded concrete walls and hard metal doors easily. That is not realistic i think.

I'm confused now.

My problem is that when using the "Big Backpack"-mod (That I have installed both on my server and my client), I lose what's in the "bonus" backpack-slots everytime I log off.

Val asked if I could load the game without EAC, presumably to verify weather the mod was actually installed or not. I can't run my modded game without EAC (neither client or server). This is as expected with the BB-mod, yes?

Everything seems to be working fine, except I can't use the bonus slots with the "R"-command, until I've manually moved something into the extra slots. Then it apperas to work just fine, until I log off and on again. Then everything in the bonus slots is gone.

You might have to try manually copying the .dll for the BB for server side. Cause I happened to have the same issue before.

Any chance we can get the horde mod for the expansion? Every time I try to add the current horde version to the expansion, my worlds just give back errors for missing loot id's, the folks I play with are pretty pissed that I managed to decimate 7 worlds now, including one we put several days worth of work into. I'm not entirely sure why its kicking back the loot.xml, but no matter what I do to try and fix it, such as reverting files, the world wont load, or if it does, I can't loot anything.

Can't scrap items after installing Valmod (on vanilla servers)

Hi,

I recently installed the Valmod Overhaul pack and played on a server that uses this Valmod Overhaul mod. This mod is awesome! Good job!! But when I came back this morning on a 'vanilla' server that I usually play on, I can't scrap items like guns parts, tools, brass and lead items. Clothes and leather items are still scrappable.

Is it normal?

If so, can I disable the Valmod when I play on a vanilla server?

Or is there a setting I can change to resolve this?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Hey Valmar, I mentioned the Crazy Slasher guys machete is a bit OP a few days ago.

And I recall you said he's rare, and doesn't always drop the machete.

Well, I've met him 3 times in the same crossroads POI, and each time he's dropped an ever better machete. Lol

And it's only day 12. :D

It worked out quite well really, because at some point in the 12th day, my q200 machete disappeared. (I've unbound drop item key! And it wasn't on any corpes, or in storage boxes.)

So I sadly rode off to my next treasure hunt, machete-less, when I saw him lurking by the POI again.

Killed him, picked up a q300 machete, and continued on.

Then while I was digging, I got attacked by a horde of about 20 Zed's.

Ended up with more loot than I could carry!

T'was a good day in the end. Lol

Archived