A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Great job with this mod it is just amazing.. The one question i have is will the lag that you get when entering crafting stations be fixed and if so when can we expect that..

It's a game issue, 7d2d can't handle so many recipes. It can be prevented by marking most used recipes "favorite" and use that list.

How could modders know when Pimps are gonna optimize the game?

Or do they have some inside info? :p

Workstations

I couldn't find this elsewhere, but, what happened to the workstations?

The Workbench doesn't have a tool slot for the handsaw anymore and the recipes say a handsaw is required. Same thing going on with the chem station and the beaker. I can't craft the storage chests with the logos on them, only the secured chest, also can't make glue without a beaker. Am I missing something? The server I'm playing on currently is running 4.4 and my single player is 4.6 both with the same issue.

What happened to the workstations?

The workbench says I need a Handsaw to craft the storage chests with the logos on them, but there isn't a tool slot for it anymore just the paper making looking thing. Same with the chem station and the beaker, can't make glue. Did I miss something?

Hey just startet using valmod Expansion,

its very nice! :D and i love it!

BUT...

why does the menus startet lagging SO much after install..

the crafting menu (tab) is lagging then press next page or searching :/

its the only mod /modpack i use, rest are fresh installed.

Valmar! There's two words I'm thinking of right now and I can't say them on the forum, but I'm thinking them really hard after getting the bejeezus scared out of me! I was sneaking in a house, undetected, but I heard footsteps. I was trying to pinpoint where the zombie was, then suddenly this thing jumps out at me and I barely managed to kill it before it killed me! The corpse said it was some kind of crazed slasher zombie. I had to quit playing after that, and I'm still shaken up. Hats off to you Sir, wd!

What happened to the workstations?

The workbench says I need a Handsaw to craft the storage chests with the logos on them, but there isn't a tool slot for it anymore just the paper making looking thing. Same with the chem station and the beaker, can't make glue. Did I miss something?

I have same issue with no slots for workbench items and chemstation with just an "amphora"? that I have crafted but wont go into slot.

This has been answered many times before. Try doing a search next time. You'll find the answer much quicker.

It's because 7DTD cannot handle so many recipes. A way around it is to always have favourites selected and then search for the recipe you're after.

Great job with this mod it is just amazing.. The one question i have is will the lag that you get when entering crafting stations be fixed and if so when can we expect that..

Hey just startet using valmod Expansion,

its very nice! :D and i love it!

BUT...

the crafting menu (tab) is lagging then press next page or searching :/

its the only mod /modpack i use, rest are fresh installed.

This is an issue with the game itself. There is nothing I can do to fix it.

Valmar! There's two words I'm thinking of right now and I can't say them on the forum, but I'm thinking them really hard after getting the bejeezus scared out of me! I was sneaking in a house, undetected, but I heard footsteps. I was trying to pinpoint where the zombie was, then suddenly this thing jumps out at me and I barely managed to kill it before it killed me! The corpse said it was some kind of crazed slasher zombie. I had to quit playing after that, and I'm still shaken up. Hats off to you Sir, wd!

Haha, very good. I do enjoy the stories of peoples first encounter with good ol Jason. :D

I couldn't find this elsewhere, but, what happened to the workstations?

The Workbench doesn't have a tool slot for the handsaw anymore and the recipes say a handsaw is required. Same thing going on with the chem station and the beaker. I can't craft the storage chests with the logos on them, only the secured chest, also can't make glue without a beaker. Am I missing something? The server I'm playing on currently is running 4.4 and my single player is 4.6 both with the same issue.

Reinstall the mod. Avoid adding any UI mods ontop. It sounds like the server tried to use a different UI. Doing that may not seem like it breaks anything (since the game will load up fine) but it actually will break workstations.

Those chests are likely crafted in the workbench.

I have same issue with no slots for workbench items and chemstation with just an "amphora"? that I have crafted but wont go into slot.

Reinstall the mod then. And don't install any other UI mod, they break workstations in Valmod.

The clay amphora is not used as a tool. It is an ingredient you use to craft the Water Filter - which IS used as a tool. The icon you see in the chemistry station is not the clay amphora, it is the Water Filter.

VALMOD Hidden Doors

hi first to save loving the Valmar mod - great work.

Is it possible to for us to customise the texture on the concrete hidden doors?

I wanted it changed so we can have a reinforced concrete texture.

Wasnt sure what to change for this in the XML files (if possible).

Thanks,

Milby.

I'm new too this mod how does it affect my vanilla saves? I just want too be able too play them vanilla and have save games for this also.

Dont wanna loose saves basically

Make a copy of your entire 7DTD folder and add "valmod" to the end of the copied folder.

Then you can install and play valmod with that copy.

You can then play vanilla with the original copy and valmod with the valmod copy. Create a shortcut for each and name the shortcut accordingly. I use it this way and it works great.

Your saves will be in one place, you just need to remember which save is valmod and which save is vanilla.

Or you can apparently try this:

you could use sphereii's launcher....check Modding Tools for it

hi first to save loving the Valmar mod - great work.

Is it possible to for us to customise the texture on the concrete hidden doors?

I wanted it changed so we can have a reinforced concrete texture.

Wasnt sure what to change for this in the XML files (if possible).

Thanks,

Milby.

Yeah, its possible. Just change the texture line of the two hidden door blocks in the blocks.xml

<block id="1916" name="hideBlockConcrete">

<property name="MaxDamage" value="6000" />

<property name="Material" value="Mconcrete" />

<property name="Texture" value="8,8,8,8,8,8" />

<property name="CustomIcon" value="Concrete_Hidden_Door" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="hiddenConcreteDoor" count="1" prob="1" />

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="1,2,1" />

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="hiddenConcreteDoor"/>

<property name="Item" value="Remote"/>

<property name="ItemCount" value="0"/>

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="1"/>

</property>

<property class="RepairItems"><property name="concreteMix" value="5" /></property>

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Mechanical"/>

</block>

<block id="1917" name="hiddenConcreteDoor">

<property name="MaxDamage" value="6000" />

<property name="CustomIcon" value="Concrete_Hidden_Door" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="hiddenDoorDesc"/>

<property name="Material" value="Mconcrete" />

<property name="Texture" value="8,8,8,8,8,8" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="hiddenConcreteDoor" count="1" prob="1" />

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />

<property name="MultiBlockDim" value="2,2,1" />

<property class="UpgradeBlock">

<property name="ToBlock" value="hideBlockConcrete"/>

<property name="Item" value="Remote"/>

<property name="ItemCount" value="0"/>

<property name="UpgradeHitCount" value="1"/>

</property>

<property class="RepairItems"><property name="concreteMix" value="5" /></property>

<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Mechanical"/>

</block>

The texture for reinforced concrete is

<property name="Texture" value="315" />

I'm new too this mod how does it affect my vanilla saves? I just want too be able too play them vanilla and have save games for this also.

Dont wanna loose saves basically

The save itself wouldn't be broken. You could still play it. Though to get the full experience you do need to start a new game, especially if you're playing Overhaul. Not as important in Expansion Pack.

AlienZ's reply is the best suggestion for this.

Make a copy of your entire 7DTD folder and add "valmod" to the end of the copied folder.

Then you can install and play valmod with that copy.

You can then play vanilla with the original copy and valmod with the valmod copy. Create a shortcut for each and name the shortcut accordingly. I use it this way and it works great.

Your saves will be in one place, you just need to remember which save is valmod and which save is vanilla.

Since we use the Overhaul mod we get the problem the server starty every day at day 1 00:00 hours

when we play 9 days today, tomorrow the day is 1 and the time is 00:00.

I tried everything, from restarting the server to completely reinstallign the server with the mod.

So far noo luck

I had contact with Nitrado (where we rent the server) and they try stuff but next day same problem.

Also they say that worlds are saved badly in Random Gen which should be a common problem?

Is that so? We always played Random Gen and didnt have the problem before. Anyeone else?

I c this in the console

2017-01-29T13:55:56 44.388 ERR Could not load file 'C:\SERVICES\ni564603_1_SHARE\ftproot\7daystodie\Saves/Random Gen/StupidIdiots/main.ttw'!

Is it really the Overhaul mod? We didn't had this issue with Expansion either?

Reinstall the mod then. And don't install any other UI mod, they break workstations in Valmod.

The clay amphora is not used as a tool. It is an ingredient you use to craft the Water Filter - which IS used as a tool. The icon you see in the chemistry station is not the clay amphora, it is the Water Filter.

Yeah I completely missed the water filter recipe thanks. I reinstalled the mod and have no other UI installed but the workstations in my prefabs are still the same. Would that be the problem? I am still waiting to make one in game so hoping it will have the correct configuration. Really enjoying the mod great work.

What skills do I need to unlock the blunderbuss?

Scavenging 15.

Since we use the Overhaul mod we get the problem the server starty every day at day 1 00:00 hours

when we play 9 days today, tomorrow the day is 1 and the time is 00:00.

I tried everything, from restarting the server to completely reinstallign the server with the mod.

So far noo luck

I had contact with Nitrado (where we rent the server) and they try stuff but next day same problem.

Also they say that worlds are saved badly in Random Gen which should be a common problem?

Is that so? We always played Random Gen and didnt have the problem before. Anyeone else?

I c this in the console

2017-01-29T13:55:56 44.388 ERR Could not load file 'C:\SERVICES\ni564603_1_SHARE\ftproot\7daystodie\Saves/Random Gen/StupidIdiots/main.ttw'!

Is it really the Overhaul mod? We didn't had this issue with Expansion either?

Never heard of that one so I dunno.

Yeah I completely missed the water filter recipe thanks. I reinstalled the mod and have no other UI installed but the workstations in my prefabs are still the same. Would that be the problem? I am still waiting to make one in game so hoping it will have the correct configuration. Really enjoying the mod great work.

Did you make a new map after installing Valmod? Sounds like the workbenches were spawned in the world while still vanilla. Have you tried placing your own workbench to see if its the same?

Did you make a new map after installing Valmod? Sounds like the workbenches were spawned in the world while still vanilla. Have you tried placing your own workbench to see if its the same?

Yes I started new game but haven't got to make a workbench in game yet so will let you know what happens when I do.

Hi Valmar! First off, I wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you've put into this mod. It definitely shows- I've been playing with it for a few days now and its absolutely amazing. I skimmed the thread hoping to find someone with a similar problem as mine, but didn't see anything. I also tried Googling to no avail. If I missed someone already asking you about this, I apologize.

I'm using your Expansion (not Overhaul) to play SP random gen on 15.1 stable. Everything runs smoothly until day 2-4. There is no specific time when it happens, but usually after a few days in-game my computer crashes. I've got a decent rig that's more than capable of handling 7D2D, and the crashing itself isn't a big deal - its what happens after. When I log back in, my world has turned from Single Player to Multiplayer, the clock has rolled back to day 1 and I've lost all my progress.

This has happened three times now - I just did a full uninstall of the game, going to re-install and try again. I'm hoping that fixes it, but if you have any advice or tips I would very much appreciate it. (EDIT: Same thing happened after fresh re-install.) I would just let my world stay Multiplayer, except that I need to pause my game often which is something that can't be done in MP.

Once again, this mod is top quality. You've made a good game a GREAT game. I'm really hoping to find a solution so I can keep playing it in Single Player. If you need any specific information from me, just let me know. Cheers!

Valmod

Hello Valmar,

I am an old gamer (33 y.o.) and Steam user since the beginning. I have never before signed up to Forums or discussion boards unless there was an issue with the game that I was not able to solve:

... so here it goes... this is the first time...

Valmar - thank you for your hard work and all the improvements that allowed me and my friends to experience 7DTD on a completely different level and spend hours having a great time. Hope you will be able to improve the mod even further (if your real life will bless you with time and patience to do that).

Thanks, once again and best of luck!

Snowberry farming when Valmar? :playful::bolt:

Maybe after A16 depending on how much the blocks.xml is cleared out.

Hi Valmar! First off, I wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you've put into this mod. It definitely shows- I've been playing with it for a few days now and its absolutely amazing. I skimmed the thread hoping to find someone with a similar problem as mine, but didn't see anything. I also tried Googling to no avail. If I missed someone already asking you about this, I apologize.

I'm using your Expansion (not Overhaul) to play SP random gen on 15.1 stable. Everything runs smoothly until day 2-4. There is no specific time when it happens, but usually after a few days in-game my computer crashes. I've got a decent rig that's more than capable of handling 7D2D, and the crashing itself isn't a big deal - its what happens after. When I log back in, my world has turned from Single Player to Multiplayer, the clock has rolled back to day 1 and I've lost all my progress.

This has happened three times now - I just did a full uninstall of the game, going to re-install and try again. I'm hoping that fixes it, but if you have any advice or tips I would very much appreciate it. (EDIT: Same thing happened after fresh re-install.) I would just let my world stay Multiplayer, except that I need to pause my game often which is something that can't be done in MP.

Once again, this mod is top quality. You've made a good game a GREAT game. I'm really hoping to find a solution so I can keep playing it in Single Player. If you need any specific information from me, just let me know. Cheers!

I've heard of this issue before (not just with mods, vanilla too) but Im not sure what causes it since its not something I've been able to replicate. The closest I've gotten is making my character reset to level 1 but that doesn't change the map and everything else. So I dont know. If I had to guess its something related to the harddrive getting data corruptions on its save since, far as I know, everything is in constant state of saving and progress as you play. Though thats just speculation on my part.

It might help to see your output log immediately after the crash you keep experiencing. Though I highly doubt there is anything I can do about it and will require the devs to iron it out, assuming it is a software-related issue.

Hello Valmar,

I am an old gamer (33 y.o.) and Steam user since the beginning. I have never before signed up to Forums or discussion boards unless there was an issue with the game that I was not able to solve:

... so here it goes... this is the first time...

Valmar - thank you for your hard work and all the improvements that allowed me and my friends to experience 7DTD on a completely different level and spend hours having a great time. Hope you will be able to improve the mod even further (if your real life will bless you with time and patience to do that).

Thanks, once again and best of luck!

Thank you Bodzios. I'm glad you and your friends have enjoyed Valmod and hope it continues to bring entertainment to your play sessions. I appreciate the shout out. Though I feel I should mention there is a steam topic for Valmod - you did not need to go out your way to make a 7DTD forum account. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/5/490121928351710123/

Archived