A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hi,

I recently installed the Valmod Overhaul pack and played on a server that uses this Valmod Overhaul mod. This mod is awesome! Good job!! But when I came back this morning on a 'vanilla' server that I usually play on, I can't scrap items like guns parts, tools, brass and lead items. Clothes and leather items are still scrappable.

Is it normal?

If so, can I disable the Valmod when I play on a vanilla server?

Or is there a setting I can change to resolve this?

Thanks and have a nice day!

rename your 7 days to die folder to "7 Days To Die Valmod"

Make a shortcut on your desktop for it

or

"add a non-steam game to your library"

and point at your Modded game.

then reinstall 7days to die from steam

then you will have 2 copys to play from

- - - Updated - - -

Ah! Gamerservers won't let me upload *.dll files via FTP... Great.

Always use FileZilla :)

Hey Valmar.

Is there a way to import your CHS zombie behaviour and horde spawns to your Valmod Pack? Im not used your mods yet but i like the Valmod feature list, and i want to combine it with the CHS (as i see its have similar features like Valmod Pack except with the available weapons) spawns and zombies for a nice challenge. I like in the CHS features the reduced zombie block damage. I cant even deal in the vanilla with the fact when zombies can destroy fully upgraded concrete walls and hard metal doors easily. That is not realistic i think.

yeah i like this Idea also

maybe if he wanted to he could just add it to Overhaul period

i did watch a little Zed eat through a Concrete block pretty easy

TBH i would make

wood 1000

and Steel 10k

and balance the rest in between

Always use FileZilla :)

How will that help? (I am using FileZilla btw)

Gameservers are refusing to let people upload .dll-files to their servers. You need to go through their support. Witch I did, and now the server is flat out refusing to start :-p

How will that help? (I am using FileZilla btw)

Gameservers are refusing to let people upload .dll-files to their servers. You need to go through their support. Witch I did, and now the server is flat out refusing to start :-p

ahh ok..

i have Pingperfect server

must be a gameserver thing

white spaces in UI in mac

Hi All,

I ran through the directions in the following link to install Valmod on Mac:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack&p=556496&viewfull=1#post556496

However I still see several locations on the UI where there are white boxes. Is there something else I need to do to get the mod working with 7 days to die on Mac?

Here is some output from the log file:

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Compass\indicator.png

(Filename: Line: 1150)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\QuestTracker\questsbg.png

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

Couldn't open file Mods\SMX\Textures\Misc\valmodhat.png

Hey Valmar.

Is there a way to import your CHS zombie behaviour and horde spawns to your Valmod Pack? Im not used your mods yet but i like the Valmod feature list, and i want to combine it with the CHS (as i see its have similar features like Valmod Pack except with the available weapons) spawns and zombies for a nice challenge. I like in the CHS features the reduced zombie block damage. I cant even deal in the vanilla with the fact when zombies can destroy fully upgraded concrete walls and hard metal doors easily. That is not realistic i think.

Valmod Horde Edition carries some of the same zombie qualities from CHS. Though I dont think it changes zombie block damage. It only works for Valmod Overhaul, though. You can find a link for it in the bottom of the original post, in a spoiler tag.

Valmod Overhaul Horde Edition

Any chance we can get the horde mod for the expansion? Every time I try to add the current horde version to the expansion, my worlds just give back errors for missing loot id's, the folks I play with are pretty pissed that I managed to decimate 7 worlds now, including one we put several days worth of work into. I'm not entirely sure why its kicking back the loot.xml, but no matter what I do to try and fix it, such as reverting files, the world wont load, or if it does, I can't loot anything.

It gives you errors because it has to be specifically tailored to work with Expansion pack. It is not something that would work interchangeably between the two versions. That is why I don't offer an Expansion pack version. Too much work to upkeep it with each update.

That being said the zombie changes I made are not difficult at all to do yourself if you wanted to make your own "Horde Mode" for Expansion.

You can check out this very vanilla-friendly mod to see how I did it and make the same changes to your files:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?57533-Romero-Mode-Oldshool-Zombies-Headshots

There is also this mini guide that could help:

[Guide] Zombie Modding (Disabling or Nerfing Specific Zombies)

Ah! Gamerservers won't let me upload *.dll files via FTP... Great.

I'm sorry to hear that, thats unfortunate. I do not deal with servers myself so I'm not aware of what is and isn't allowed by certain providers. Though this isn't the first time I've heard of Gameservers doing something like this.

Hi,

I recently installed the Valmod Overhaul pack and played on a server that uses this Valmod Overhaul mod. This mod is awesome! Good job!! But when I came back this morning on a 'vanilla' server that I usually play on, I can't scrap items like guns parts, tools, brass and lead items. Clothes and leather items are still scrappable.

Is it normal?

If so, can I disable the Valmod when I play on a vanilla server?

Or is there a setting I can change to resolve this?

Thanks and have a nice day!

The easiest option is to copy 7DTD folder from your steam directory folder. Copy the entire folder. Since its modded call the copy 7 Days to Die Modded. Launch the 7daystodie.exe (or EAC) from this modded folder when you want to play modded - you can also make a shortcut to it on your desktop and name it "7DTD Modded" to make it even easier.

Then verify the file integrity of 7DTD through steam - this should make your original 7DTD folder revert back to vanilla.

Now when you want to play vanilla launch the normal 7DTD. When you want to play modded launch the modded version. Best of both worlds. Theres some youtube videos on how to do this too.

Hey Valmar, I mentioned the Crazy Slasher guys machete is a bit OP a few days ago.

And I recall you said he's rare, and doesn't always drop the machete.

Well, I've met him 3 times in the same crossroads POI, and each time he's dropped an ever better machete. Lol

And it's only day 12. :D

It worked out quite well really, because at some point in the 12th day, my q200 machete disappeared. (I've unbound drop item key! And it wasn't on any corpes, or in storage boxes.)

So I sadly rode off to my next treasure hunt, machete-less, when I saw him lurking by the POI again.

Killed him, picked up a q300 machete, and continued on.

Then while I was digging, I got attacked by a horde of about 20 Zed's.

Ended up with more loot than I could carry!

T'was a good day in the end. Lol

He doesn't always drop a machete. Sometimes he drops a legendary machete. The two are technically different. Though I will be giving him some spicier loot in the next update. Along with a new variant so it isn't always a machete he comes after you with.

ahh ok..

i have Pingperfect server

must be a gameserver thing

Ok, so I signed up for Pingperfect. Very happy to see they support mods. Go and install Val and Big Backpack, in that order. Log on via FileZilla, only to see the two .dll-files aren't there. Try to upload via FileZilla, but get:

Command: STOR Assembly-CSharp.dll

Response: 550 The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: Critical file transfer error

So no, I can't seem to upload .dll-files manually to Pingperfect either. Great. And now I'm out 13 euros for a server I won't need. :-\

Edit: Should have read the terms...

"3. Game server files (.exe .dll) may NOT be modified without the express permission of Pingperfect. The updating of server files from legitimate sources is allowed."

Edit2: Seems to work after I deleted my map and progress tho... Oh well.

So with this mod, Do i just goto main directory in the server and drop everything in there aswell?.. sorry quite new..

Yes, though you don't need to worry about the Mods folder on the server since its used for icons which dont push from servers. So technically you just have to merge my Mod's "Config" folder with the server's Config folder which should be present in the server's directory.

I am trying to create a 1/2 wood block. There is a symbol of a hammer shown as a requirement and I am not quite sure what it says I need to create the block.

It isn't a workbench or forge and I cannot seem to get a create button anywhere.

What am I missing?

I am trying to create a 1/2 wood block. There is a symbol of a hammer shown as a requirement and I am not quite sure what it says I need to create the block.

It isn't a workbench or forge and I cannot seem to get a create button anywhere.

What am I missing?

Try looking in the Artisan Decor Station

Update V4.5

Another relatively small update. Happy new year.

Changelog:

(Overhaul) Arrows and bolts now only deal 80% body damage.

(Overhaul) Small change to bleeding buff.

New Crazed Slasher variant added. Link

Crazed Slasher loot buffed to be a bit more rewarding.

New Perk - Master Archer. Increases damage dealt by bows and crossbows.

Legendary item loot quality template buffed.

Adjusted 7 Day horde spawn for performance gains (again... I swear I'll stop!)

Adjusted some localization for clarity.

NVM: Seems the issue was copying Prefabs/Options/Config over then copying over the VAMOD folder. I only needed to copy the VAMOD folder. Thanks.

The only thing about GNAMOD that would be compatible with Valmod is the rwgmixer.xml. The loot and spawning changes would not be compatible.

Also I just assume the rwgmixer would compatible. It really depends on how interconnect it is with all his other changes - but it should be fine.

Combine table

It is probably in here somewhere but there is just way to much information. I have even tried using the search function but am coming up empty so I am going to post here. I am fairly new to the game and am using Valmods overhaul pack for my PC version. It is pretty awesome by the way. One question though. I noticed that the workbench does not have the combine feature but that there is a combine table. What skill is the combine table locked behind? I can see you have to use the workbench to make it but I can't figure out what I need to level up to unlock it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Naterz

It is probably in here somewhere but there is just way to much information. I have even tried using the search function but am coming up empty so I am going to post here. I am fairly new to the game and am using Valmods overhaul pack for my PC version. It is pretty awesome by the way. One question though. I noticed that the workbench does not have the combine feature but that there is a combine table. What skill is the combine table locked behind? I can see you have to use the workbench to make it but I can't figure out what I need to level up to unlock it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Naterz

Quality Joe level 2

Question Valmar,

I just started a new game with the expansion as well as the compo pac. Just starting out found a small town, and 3 ferals came running out and owned my ass quite quickly!

This was with you newest updates to the mod as well.

Do you know anything about that might happening?

Scared the hell out of me for those wanting a chuckle!

Question Valmar,

I just started a new game with the expansion as well as the compo pac. Just starting out found a small town, and 3 ferals came running out and owned my ass quite quickly!

This was with you newest updates to the mod as well.

Do you know anything about that might happening?

Scared the hell out of me for those wanting a chuckle!

While its true my hub/city spawns are quite modified from vanilla, I don't actually add any ferals. They're left vanilla. In vanilla there is at least one spawner that can summon them, outside of it just being a horde thing. If I had to guess some of the prefabs that compo pack packed together in that area each were setup to use this spawner.

Though thats just speculation on my part. All feral encounters should be vanilla in my mod in this regard.

While its true my hub/city spawns are quite modified from vanilla, I don't actually add any ferals. They're left vanilla. In vanilla there is at least one spawner that can summon them, outside of it just being a horde thing. If I had to guess some of the prefabs that compo pack packed together in that area each were setup to use this spawner.

Though thats just speculation on my part. All feral encounters should be vanilla in my mod in this regard.

Ok. Didn't know which it would be. Thank you very much for the reply! :calm:

is the backpack mod bugged? Sometimes I have a feeling the newly empty squares in the backpack are empty but i cant pickup anything.

And it has happend the PC crashed and I lost everything in the bottom row and last 4 squares above. I cant pick up goods tho the squares seem empty?

Archived