A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

after installing the latest server updates rev. 299 (12_13_19) (2016-12-14)

re-adding valmod overhaul and bigger bags

when you logout and back in you lose all items in the new bigger bag fields

those fields also can not be shift clicked to add items to them

The server needs to have the latest Bigger Backpack server-specific assembly-csharp.dll file and the players also need the latest client-side version. As long everything is using the correct stuff you shouldn't have issues. Thats the extent I'm willing to help on it though. At the risk of sounding like an ass, those who cannot figure it out should not use it. Its getting tedious for me to keep explaining how its done - to the point that I regret even adding the option.

This thread has gotten too long to search. I remember there was a way to add the headshot only "mod" from Classic Horde Survival to the Valmod pack. Can anyone direct me to the instructions please.

I need to load it on a rented server

Its actually mentioned in the first post, down at the bottom behind a spoiler. For future reference.

Valmod Overhaul Horde Edition

Install ontop of Overhaul to get lethal headshots, larger hordes and disable climbing zombies.

@Valmar, Thanks for the Mod! I'm enjoying it a lot, but I something regarding the bigger backpack... can I make it bigger?

To clarify are you asking if you can make the vanilla backpack size larger or are you asking if you can make the Bigger Backpack Mod version even bigger than what it is?

To clarify are you asking if you can make the vanilla backpack size larger or are you asking if you can make the Bigger Backpack Mod version even bigger than what it is?

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, I'm talking about the bigger backpack. I tried the formula Stallionsden used on this post (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion) but I couldnt get it to work properly. And yes, EAC is disabled. And this is just for single player

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, I'm talking about the bigger backpack. I tried the formula Stallionsden used on this post (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion) but I couldnt get it to work properly. And yes, EAC is disabled. And this is just for single player

Ah. I can't help much there. Stallion is the one who made the necessary assembly-csharp.dll file for my 45 backpack slot. Your assembly-csharp has to be specifically modded to be the exact number you increase the backpack too so its not a one-fits-all type of deal. He specifically made that file just for my needs (and I am grateful as I wouldnt be able to do it myself).

Otherwise increasing the slot size is essentially just increasing the windows.xml's windowBackpack grid size.

Though its worth mentioning that there is more than just that to worry about. Literally fitting the bigger backpack on the screen can be tricky if you go too far. 45slots, for me, was the maximum size I could go without radically changing the UI. As it is I had to shrink the boxes sizes a bit and other various little changes just to make it all fit nicely.

It is still OK, at least we are getting 12 extras slots from the vanilla version.

I was just asking because in the zip he let us download it shows a lot of sizes, so I thought we can choose any, but it's OK.

Thank you both for the mods.

It is still OK, at least we are getting 12 extras slots from the vanilla version.

I was just asking because in the zip he let us download it shows a lot of sizes, so I thought we can choose any, but it's OK.

Thank you both for the mods.

use the DEDI version you want on server "40 to 200 slot versions, pick one"

use the SP version on your client version that matches.

now heres thing... you need change values to match new backpack in a few spots.....

1. windowbackpack entry

2. player dropped backpack entry

3. vehicle entry for basket "inventory" needs changed also if i recall but not positive on this one"

and is one more entry need change if i recall off hand.

Go to backpack exspansion mod and read first page. there is a guide you can click on there also. ive done it few times so know backpack works. but im half asleep atm so cant think clearly sorry. ill probably post edit to this post i just made once im more awake.

EDIT: its not bike though might want to edit it to... but correct value you need to change are:

1.windowbackpack

2. player dropped backpack

3. windowlooting

those three need the row/colum width/height edited to match your DLL size you pick. remeber SP goes on your pc, DEDI version of DLL goes on server host.

if you dont do all THREE of those values you will either lose items uin backpack. or when die not be able pick items back up or when log will lose items.

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier, I can't seem to find anything about it.

I've leveled up my trap skills high enough to learn the adhesive spike trap recipe, yet I cannot find the recipe in the crafting menu or the workbench.

I checked the xml but I'm quite green when it comes to modding so I'm not sure if there's something missing and I wouldn't want to mess things up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

edit: block ID 2001

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier, I can't seem to find anything about it.

I've leveled up my trap skills high enough to learn the adhesive spike trap recipe, yet I cannot find the recipe in the crafting menu or the workbench.

I checked the xml but I'm quite green when it comes to modding so I'm not sure if there's something missing and I wouldn't want to mess things up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

edit: block ID 2001

Heh. You're right, I never added the recipe for it. My bad. I will address that in the next update. Sorry.

To help val out a little... To use vals larger backpack follow this guide..

1. install vanila game

2. install valmod overhual.. will have 3 folders in it. backpack, data and mods. copy data and mods folder to main game folder and over write "never looked if exspansion has it also..."

3. now third folder "bigger backpack mod" go into it.. will be 3 folders. simply copy those folders once agian into main game folder and overwrite when asked. thats all you need to do. :-)

Ok for those who want different sizedbackpacks you need to edit the following if use different size backpacks.

1. in windows.xml Entry WINDOWBACKPACK change ROW and COLUME to match size you want. also change hieght by ROWS value x75 and width by COLUME x75+3

2. in windows.xml entry WINDOWLOOTING change ROW and COLUME to match size you want. also change hieght by ROWS value x75 and width by COLUME x75+3 "remeber to add slot of backpack+10 for gear +8 for hotbar"

3. In loot.xml entry PLAYER DROPPED BACKPACK change ROW and COLUME to match size you want. also change hieght by ROWS value x75 and width by COLUME x75+3 "remeber to add slots of backpack +10 for gear +8 for hotbar"

4. now you need to go to post i linked below and get the DLL that matches how big backpack will be. in the download from Stallion you will get a bunch of dlls. each one labed how many slots it holds. you simply get the SINGLE player version and pick dll you want. then you rename it Assembly-CSharp.dll and over write one in /7daystodie_data folder. NOW if want it on a dedicated server you wil also need to get the DEDICATED versions of the DLL also and rename it like other. And put IT up on server. useing DEDI version nor SP version on server. DEDI is for server only and SP is for client only.

"remember EVERY one who plays on server will need the SP dll also"

now if you change columes "width" windows will NOT line up like before. and might need to then adjust windows POS to reline things up. If need more help dont ask val. ask Stallion on this post https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion&highlight=backpack+expansion it also has more info on how to do it. as well as guides.

Val just did same as i did with it... we added stallionsden' mod to ours. but he is one who made it.

just to show amount of work involved if change from backpack val has...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14uu5671w2k67dc/Screenshot%202016-12-19%2011.41.11.png?dl=0 a 96 slot backpack im running on my version of valmod. "i didnt do the windows that was UI owner. i wont mention name as wont promote another mod in vals thread out of respect. just useing my own SS to show amount of changes needed"

as you see thats inventory screen. to make it work windows had to be moved around and one removed. "ive tried moveing them myself a tad and its royal PITA...:

now look at dropped backpack when die.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/cx94mvc2xh644qd/Screenshot%202016-12-19%2011.44.32.png?dl=0

see how pushes inventory offscreen "yes im still working on fixing it with UI modders help lol" thats 96 backpack slots plus 18 for gear and hotbar. As can see once change from what mod already has your looking at alot of work.

So if want to go larger backpack you will need go to link i posted in prior post. Val and I will not be able to help you very much. BUT my sugestion is use what val has in his mod. its already fixed for you and a easy addition for you. If do want to change size... If you dont know already how to edit the UI your setting yourself up for a lot of hassle and work. But i will admit it is worth it :-)

Yes your are correct i AM useing a different UI but its same difference. The changes you will need to do are basicially same in vals mod or in mine. my mod is built on valmod "his mod rocks btw!!" i only changed few things and UI. and taken me weeks just to make SMALL changes to valmod. lot of work went into valmod and he is fast on patches/help/fixes. so to safe yourself headaches use valmod with bigger backpack.

Otherwise if want to jump into modding pool... check that link. And best of luck. And remember valmod rocks :-)

just to show amount of work involved if change from backpack val has...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14uu5671w2k67dc/Screenshot%202016-12-19%2011.41.11.png?dl=0 a 96 slot backpack im running on my version of valmod. "i didnt do the windows that was UI owner. i wont mention name as wont promote another mod in vals thread out of respect. just useing my own SS to show amount of changes needed"

as you see thats inventory screen. to make it work windows had to be moved around and one removed. "ive tried moveing them myself a tad and its royal PITA...:

now look at dropped backpack when die.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/cx94mvc2xh644qd/Screenshot%202016-12-19%2011.44.32.png?dl=0

see how pushes inventory offscreen "yes im still working on fixing it with UI modders help lol" thats 96 backpack slots plus 18 for gear and hotbar. As can see once change from what mod already has your looking at alot of work.

So if want to go larger backpack you will need go to link i posted in prior post. Val and I will not be able to help you very much. BUT my sugestion is use what val has in his mod. its already fixed for you and a easy addition for you. If do want to change size... If you dont know already how to edit the UI your setting yourself up for a lot of hassle and work. But i will admit it is worth it :-)

Yes your are correct i AM useing a different UI but its same difference. The changes you will need to do are basicially same in vals mod or in mine. my mod is built on valmod "his mod rocks btw!!" i only changed few things and UI. and taken me weeks just to make SMALL changes to valmod. lot of work went into valmod and he is fast on patches/help/fixes. so to safe yourself headaches use valmod with bigger backpack.

Otherwise if want to jump into modding pool... check that link. And best of luck. And remember valmod rocks :-)

WOW! Never imagined how much time and effort there is to change something in the game. Thank you Dragons Nest for taking the time to explain this. I'm sure that a lot of people will be grateful.

You said you did not tried with the Expa version, I will try this tonight. I'm playing the expa since I'm still a semi noob in this game. :)

And also thank you Valmar for dedicating your time to create the mod and making the game so much fun to play.

ya, lot of props to the main modders out there. Im new to modding myself only done it couple months so far. But due to help from many of them.. valmar, pacco, misunderstood wookie, and others ive been able to make progress :-)

Ya valmar for one has spent tons of hours makeing this fun mod. to make simple CLASS takes lot of work... makeing suitcase entity, createing the quests, setting up the starter gear and skills..... just to do one class takes working with bunch of files. makeing one new item can take 2-3 files and such. And xml is case and spaeing sensitive so one tiny error can break mod. So makeing sure all is right can take longer then actually makeing mod lol

EDIT: lol and spelling sensitive. my misspelling of SPACEING would of broken mod

Damage Values?

Because of the glitch where weapons loaded with different ammunition is bugged I'm really curious on actual damage values for the bows, crossbows, and guns and how the ammo affects them. So far it seems like the loki and iron bow aren't any better than the wooden bow? Does this also carry over to the crossbows?

@ruso, I personnally suggest starting over at trying out his overhual version. Its only version i use anymore :-) Personnaly i have bit of changes but thats simply my playstyle preferences lol As for a mod to use with out changes.... i suggest it. Well made and thought out mod.

The crafting in it takes bit of getting used to from vanilla. but in honesty its not hard to grasp. Check out his group page it has more info on it and the crafting. If all else fails... get notepad++ and open progression.xml file. and you can see what unlocks what if every need. Example if cant unlock item X simply look for that item in progression.xml and look what catagory its in and required lvl. "if not listed in his group page. As a couple items not listed yet :-)" Saves you and him time hehe

@ruso, I personnally suggest starting over at trying out his overhual version. Its only version i use anymore :-) Personnaly i have bit of changes but thats simply my playstyle preferences lol As for a mod to use with out changes.... i suggest it. Well made and thought out mod.

The crafting in it takes bit of getting used to from vanilla. but in honesty its not hard to grasp. Check out his group page it has more info on it and the crafting. If all else fails... get notepad++ and open progression.xml file. and you can see what unlocks what if every need. Example if cant unlock item X simply look for that item in progression.xml and look what catagory its in and required lvl. "if not listed in his group page. As a couple items not listed yet :-)" Saves you and him time hehe

Cool... Yeah, I think I will do the Overhaul now. I will have to tweak a few settings to give me more time to craft. :thumb::wink:

Well I'm still really enjoying the Valmod Expansion!

Been trying to tweak a few things to my liking, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol

Another thing, I came across what I can only assume is a bandit, with a machete.

On day 2. Lol

I fired 5-6 crossbow bolts in to his face, and some arrows.

But he took one very long range swing at me, and I was dead. Lol

(It was like 3-4 blocks away)

Luckily, I wasn't far from my bed, so I respawned, and waiting for him to roam away from my backpack, and crept in.

But kept an eye on him.

He didn't set off the "hunted" state, he just started running at me.

So I legged it, grabbed most of my gear and kept running.

I decided to try and use some Zed's to help me out, so I basically ran him though a small horde of 5-6 Zed's to slow him down, while I sorted my gear and picked up the rest.

He killed them all, while they were all bashing him, mostly in 1 hit.

Then continued to chase me. Lol

Is he Invincible?

I don't mind a challenge, but I can neither kill him or hide from him. Lol

Update: Got him!

Took 15 iron crossbow bolts. But I got a legendary machete in return. Lol

Been trying to tweak a few things to my liking, but I have no idea what I'm doing. Lol

Another thing, I came across what I can only assume is a bandit, with a machete.

On day 2. Lol

I fired 5-6 crossbow bolts in to his face, and some arrows.

But he took one very long range swing at me, and I was dead. Lol

(It was like 3-4 blocks away) ...*snip*

This guy is Jason, one of Valmars creations, and he is really a hard nut. :D

Because of the glitch where weapons loaded with different ammunition is bugged I'm really curious on actual damage values for the bows, crossbows, and guns and how the ammo affects them. So far it seems like the loki and iron bow aren't any better than the wooden bow? Does this also carry over to the crossbows?

These weapons do not typically have any damage assigned to them directly in vanilla. For example in vanilla guns do not have damage on them - its actually from a gun part (yes, they're all different on a technical level). Bows and crossbows do not have any damage either - they get it all from the arrow/bolt.

My mod however changes this. For example my iron bow/crossbow have damage on them that is added to the arrow damage. However the UI will only list the damage that damage rather than show you the "true" damage of the two combined.

Iron crossbows add 3-10 damage.

Iron bow adds 3-10 damage.

Loki Bow does not add damage, it just has a higher durability rating.

With guns its typically like this: HP rounds add 10 points of damage. Incendiary rounds add more block damage but otherwise only add additional damage-over-time from the fire buff rather than instant damage added on impact.

On day 2. Lol

[snip]

Sounds like you encountered Jason Voorhees for the first time. He's a real monster. Be wary of venturing too far into those forests - especially at night. He likes stabbing unaware campers.

Sounds like you encountered Jason Voorhees for the first time. He's a real monster. Be wary of venturing too far into those forests - especially at night. He likes stabbing unaware campers.

Ah ha, well, it was a night, in a forest biome, but actually very close to my home/crossroads POI.

I actually spotted him first. I thought it was a new zed, so I tried to snipe a headshot with my crossbow. Then proceeded to run like a girl, and die. Lol

He was a tough nut though... Now I use his machete to kill everything. It's awesome. :D

While I'm here, I may have found a bug for you!

Your neat "bash doors to unlock them" feature is having issues with some metal doors in places like the Ostrich Hotel, where the door reaches 0hp, but does not unlock, or degrade to the next state.

So it's basically invincible from then on.

Luckily the walls are weaker than the door, so I just go around it. Lol

But could prove annoying if the walls were concrete or something!

Seems to only happen on the blue metal doors, which are reinforced with wood, or wood and iron.

While I'm here, I may have found a bug for you!

Your neat "bash doors to unlock them" feature is having issues with some metal doors in places like the Ostrich Hotel, where the door reaches 0hp, but does not unlock, or degrade to the next state.

So it's basically invincible from then on.

Short version: Fixed for the next update.

Long-winded version of my woes:

For the longest time I've assumed this was just a vanilla issue. Why? Because I've encountered it in vanilla with trees. It happens. Plus nothing I did could replicate the problem. I've placed multiple doors all over the place and went around smashing them and not once did they get the 0 health bug.

I fly into cities and look through buildings to test out doors, still no issue. So why is it the hotel is always the one that I hear about? I've even seen it myself in Kickz videos. So, curious to this, I found the hotel in random gen. Sure enough the same door that was bugged for Kickz was bugged for me. Infact a few doors were. It was strange.

So I fly around the hotel snooping at doors and noticed something... unusual. A lot of the doors had damage. As if someone had already been beating on them. This is impossible of course as I just made the map. So then I realize "ah, the builder of this prefab purposely damaged the doors and didn't reset the block health when he made this prefab!"

Alright then, so its a bug with this prefab, right? Nothing I can do about that, I dont mess with prefabs and wouldnt know where to start. But still, I wanted to investigate further. So I loaded up vanilla and found the prefab. Whats this? The doors that had 0 health bug are now working fine, but they do have damage. That was when it 'clicked' with me what was happening.

My doors are modded to have less health than vanilla. I do this because my doors have two stages - locked and unlocked. Since you have that extra stage of protection to break through I reduced the health of the locked door.

Since this prefab is setup to have the doors already have a certain amount of damage, things were beginning to become clear to me. The block in the prefab was telling it something like "This block/door has 130 points of damage". In vanilla this no problem since the door has 300 health points. However mine only had 100 HP. So it was essentially giving the door more damage than it had health. Resulting in the 0 HP bug.

To test this I increased the HP of my locked door up to 150 and then deleted the region data in the save to make the prefab respawn. Sure enough the door was working now and had damage. I flew through the building and didnt find any other cases of this issue. So I think that fixed it. Though it will only take effect on new maps or newly discovered places after the update. Still its nice to know the issue is resolved moving forward.

If you ever find a wooden house door with this issue please let me know, preferably with a screenshot or description of the house in question so I know what one to go look at to see if I can replicate the problem.

Far as I know though the vast majority of prefabs do not come with any block damage pre-applied like the Hotel does. So I believe this is an isolated incident. Either way it will be fixed in the future updates of Valmod. Thank you.

Multiplayer world with friends

Dear Valmar,

I am appreciate on your work on this mod.

There is one question that I wish to ask.

Is there a way that I can create a multiplayer world save, with random gen maps, with my friends only.

As I saw the servers on the page 1, do those include other players as well? coz I wish to play a mod with my friends in it only.

Thanks for the work and the time answering my question.

Ron

What does actually mean when I look into our newly restarted random gen server?

2016-12-21T20:49:54 41.826 INF StartAsServer

2016-12-21T20:49:54 41.843 INF createWorld: Random Gen, Crazy Cashews , GameModeSurvivalMP

2016-12-21T20:49:54 41.963 INF Started thread thread_Regenerating

2016-12-21T20:49:54 41.963 INF Started thread JI

2016-12-21T20:49:54 41.965 INF World.Load: Random Gen

2016-12-21T20:49:54 42.025 ERR Opening buffer to save game: Could not find a part of the path "C:\SERVICES\ni564603_1_SHARE\ftproot\7daystodie\Saves\Random Gen\Crazy Cashews\main.ttw"

2016-12-21T20:49:54 42.059 ERR Opening saved game: Could not find file "C:\SERVICES\ni564603_1_SHARE\ftproot\7daystodie\Saves\Random Gen\Crazy Cashews\main.ttw".

2016-12-21T20:49:54 42.086 ERR Could not load file 'C:\SERVICES\ni564603_1_SHARE\ftproot\7daystodie\Saves/Random Gen/Crazy Cashews /main.ttw'!

EndOfStreamException: Failed to read past end of stream.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

EDIT: Seems solved after complete reinstall of the Valmodfiles on server and on pc...

Archived