A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

To Combine or not Combine

I think its time to hear from ''the other side'' on this matter, most ppl are upset that the combine option is there. But first lets get some number on the table. I got my self purple lvl 600 scrap iron pickaxe, scrap iron axe and wooden bow. I can make tools at around lvl 210 and wooden bow around lvl 200 and the different is:

Lvl 200 wooden bow 21.5 damage - lvl 600 wooden bow 30,0 damage....... a total of 8.5 more damage

Lvl 210 Scrap iron pickaxe 32 damage - lvl 600 Scrap iron pickaxe 39.5 damage.......... a total of 7.5 more damage

Lvl 210 Scrap iron axe 36 damage - lvl 600 Scrap iron axe 44 damage....... a total of 8 more damage

Now i have read that ppl find it to overpowered to have lvl 600 tools to fast, but plz point me in the direction where you see the overpower. I still use 2-5 arrows pr zombie pr kill, i still use lots of time to cut down a tree or to harvest a boulder.

And guess what, this is the way TFP want us to play the game, if you watch MM's videos you can hear that the TFP are tired of the circle 'craft-use-scrap', this is there way to get us to use repair since the circle is now 'craft-combine-use-repair until durability is lower that crafting- scrap'. I for one like it and dont find it to overpowered and a game breaker.

Now on the hidding the combine bench behind a skill, i guess its fine as we are on day 4 -04:00 am and i have unlocked it allready :-)

Edit: Oh, and on the steel tools, when i get those my tool making skill is so high that i no longer need to combine tools for higher lvl but only for repair.

Hi again, many thanks for your help, you're the best.

All working fine once more, tried the adding more xp and wild card perk etc but your mod is so good I deleted them and started again from scratch as the hunter perk, as part of my fun and long hours playing 7DTD is struggling for everything early game, day 2 and going strong, decided 120 mins is good enough now I can just mark where the air drops land and get them at my leisure.

So many great innovations in your mod, it really does open up a whole new game style for 7DTD, again many thanks.

Keep up the great work, you do yourself proud.

Cheers.

Thank you very much, Malta. I appreciate the praise and I'm glad you enjoy the mod.

I notice the workbench did not have the multiplier anymore. Will this be added back?

The multiplier? You mean the combine feature? Thats now tied behind the Combine Station, which is unlocked with Quality Joe level 2.

To Combine or not Combine

I think its time to hear from ''the other side'' on this matter, most ppl are upset that the combine option is there. But first lets get some number on the table. I got my self purple lvl 600 scrap iron pickaxe, scrap iron axe and wooden bow. I can make tools at around lvl 210 and wooden bow around lvl 200 and the different is:

Lvl 200 wooden bow 21.5 damage - lvl 600 wooden bow 30,0 damage....... a total of 8.5 more damage

Lvl 210 Scrap iron pickaxe 32 damage - lvl 600 Scrap iron pickaxe 39.5 damage.......... a total of 7.5 more damage

Lvl 210 Scrap iron axe 36 damage - lvl 600 Scrap iron axe 44 damage....... a total of 8 more damage

Now i have read that ppl find it to overpowered to have lvl 600 tools to fast, but plz point me in the direction where you see the overpower. I still use 2-5 arrows pr zombie pr kill, i still use lots of time to cut down a tree or to harvest a boulder.

And guess what, this is the way TFP want us to play the game, if you watch MM's videos you can hear that the TFP are tired of the circle 'craft-use-scrap', this is there way to get us to use repair since the circle is now 'craft-combine-use-repair until durability is lower that crafting- scrap'. I for one like it and dont find it to overpowered and a game breaker.

Now on the hidding the combine bench behind a skill, i guess its fine as we are on day 4 -04:00 am and i have unlocked it allready :-)

Edit: Oh, and on the steel tools, when i get those my tool making skill is so high that i no longer need to combine tools for higher lvl but only for repair.

Also consider this:

Vanilla workbench is locked behind a perk and construction tools skill. And many tricky ingredients that aren't the easiest things to find early-game.

I never really cared about some dude wanting to sit t here at level 1 and grind for hours to get a high quality stone tool - assuming he is lucky enough to find that workbench in the wild because no way you're crafting one that early. Have at it, Hoss. If thats how you want to spend your day, grind away. The change was to balance it out so its closer in line to the vanilla gating. It was significantly EASIER to combine items in Valmod Overhaul because my workbench is a FREE recipe and only requires wood and common, easy materials to craft. I don't dislike the combine feature. I don't see it as OP. I just felt it was, relative to vanilla, too easy to combine items in Valmod.

I think way val did the combine is fine. I used it in my version as well "hehe up i used your new version val :-)".

But heres a thing to remember.... In this game it lets you mod things pretty easily. So if some thing isnt to your likeing simply change it. Lot of guides all over. as well as val, spider, pacco and many more modders will help you if need. Cant count the times val or misunderstood wookie and pacco have helped me actually.

Hey great mod, we tried it on a dedi server with all settings to the maximum survival level :)

But whats the deal with the iron Bow? We made it but it has the same entinity damage as the wood bow? In the description it says it has more damage, so a bug? IF how can i change the damage ?

open Items.xml with notepad++ loo for this:

<item id="1617" name="ironBow">

<property name="Extends" value="woodenBow" />

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="ironBowDesc"/>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="EntityDamage" value="3,10" /> <--------"left number is for low quality, right is max quality."

<property name="DegradationRate" value="1,1" />

<property name="DegradationMax" value="100,850" />

</property>

</item>

change the values in that to match min/max damage you wish.

I think way val did the combine is fine. I used it in my version as well "hehe up i used your new version val :-)".

But heres a thing to remember.... In this game it lets you mod things pretty easily. So if some thing isnt to your likeing simply change it. Lot of guides all over. as well as val, spider, pacco and many more modders will help you if need. Cant count the times val or misunderstood wookie and pacco have helped me actually.

Nice to hear the help is appreciated/noticed. :p

Hey great mod, we tried it on a dedi server with all settings to the maximum survival level :)

But whats the deal with the iron Bow? We made it but it has the same entinity damage as the wood bow? In the description it says it has more damage, so a bug? IF how can i change the damage ?

The iron bow deals 3-10 bonus damage ontop of whatever it deals by default. The base bow has no damage attached to it directly - it gets its damage all from the arrow used. The iron bow has base damage which is added to it. Its possible that the in-game UI is incorrectly listing the amount of damage it will deal, however. I know it doesn't give the right numbers when using alt ammo for guns for much the same reason.

In short: It is dealing more damage, regardless of what it says. Don't worry about it.

Update for my server. Seems recent power outages gave me a new IP address. Hooray! o.o

So the server address needs to be that now.

Okay... but what server is yours? Theres a lot of them.

Sounds like he has a dynamic IP, so it will change everytime power or his router disconnects. Answer you seek is probably "All of them", which is really just the one :p

Yeah, it's Welcome to Earth though. Lol

My ISP connection box does come with a battery pack though. So I don't think my assigned IP changes just with me losing power, unless it's a considerably long time. Then again, I should probably check that battery too. Router should only affect my local network IP addresses.

Yeah, it's Welcome to Earth though. Lol

My ISP connection box does come with a battery pack though. So I don't think my assigned IP changes just with me losing power, unless it's a considerably long time. Then again, I should probably check that battery too. Router should only affect my local network IP addresses.

I think what Dust is saying is that your IP is probably giving you a dynamic IP. These IPs are reset everytime your modem restarts. Static IPs are ones that don't ever change. But I will make the change for you.

Question about larger bags/inventory

First, Thanks Valmar. Got the 15.1 version working YAY!! I downloaded the larger inventory/bags etc.... But I can't seem to get it to work. Would you mind taking a second and letting me know which files to copy where, and then how to open our game so that it works? I sure would appreciate it. Thank you so much!!!!

First, Thanks Valmar. Got the 15.1 version working YAY!! I downloaded the larger inventory/bags etc.... But I can't seem to get it to work. Would you mind taking a second and letting me know which files to copy where, and then how to open our game so that it works? I sure would appreciate it. Thank you so much!!!!

need to edit a few files if mod didnt take. he uses 70slot if i recall. "i changed mine" windows.xml needs the collum/row changed to match dll used. also need in loot to make playerbackpack size match +18 so if use 45slot dll need add 18 to cover hotbar and clothes on drop. make sure have the right SP dll not dedicated version

also need change windowlooting to match as well as backpack. other wise wont be able to hit shift to move stuff.

Plus make sure dll is in managed folder.

otherwise when try pick up bag after die will error. And will lose items when log also.

First install the mod as usual. Sounds like you have that covered. Now open the download zip file. You'll notice that inside is a folder called Bigger Backpack Mod. Open this. Inside this is two folders you want: 7DaysToDie_Data and Data. Drag and drop these two folders into your 7 Days to Die directory the same way you did to install the mod. Overwrite when prompted.

Now launch the game without EAC. You can do this through steam (launch with anti-cheat, which is what EAC is) or you can launch the game directly from the install directory by using the 7DaysToDie.exe file.

Thats all. Also, btw, its a 45 slot backpack.

Backpacks still not working

Thanks Valmar and DragonsNest. Unfortunately, it's still not working. Valmar when I follow your instructions the game won't open at all. It doesn't even get to the "Continue Game" screen. Doesn't show the FunPimps page. Just a blank screen with no sound. Dragonsnest, I would love to try what you're say but you're speaking a different language. LOL I know what a DLL file is but have no idea what to change or how to change it. I think I'll wait until larger backpacks are eventually added to Valmod. :)

So I installed the mod on a fresh game exactly as instructed, then I installed the backpack mod on top of that both on my client and on my server, and all the other players have done the same. We just started a fresh game and while everything loads correctly, when people log off and log back in, the last 14 slots of the backpack are lost. I had to manually have the server owner upload the DLL file, and I don't notice any errors/exceptions other than this backpack glitch.

Any advice?

Thanks Valmar and DragonsNest. Unfortunately, it's still not working. Valmar when I follow your instructions the game won't open at all. It doesn't even get to the "Continue Game" screen. Doesn't show the FunPimps page. Just a blank screen with no sound. Dragonsnest, I would love to try what you're say but you're speaking a different language. LOL I know what a DLL file is but have no idea what to change or how to change it. I think I'll wait until larger backpacks are eventually added to Valmod. :)

1. Download Valmod to ensure you have the latest version.

2. Open your 7DTD directory. If you do not know how to locate it let me know and I'll be more specific.

3. Open the Valmod zip downloaded.

4. Inside the zip is a 'master' folder - open it. Here you will see a Data and Mods folder. Drag and drop those into your 7DTD directory. Overwrite when prompted. Valmod is now installed.

5. In the zip is a folder called "bigger backpack mod". Open it. You'll see two folders called 7DaysToDie_Data and Data. Move these two folders into your 7DTD directory the same you did for the mod. Overwrite when prompted. Bigger backpack is now installed.

6. In the 7DTD directory you will see two .exe files (that have the 7DTD game icon). One is 7DaysToDie.exe and one is 7DaysToDie_EAC.exe. Launch the 7DaysToDie.exe (not the one with EAC). The game is now launched without easy anti-cheat. Hop in your new map and see if the backpack is working. If you followed all these steps (I swear its easier than it looks) everything should had worked out fine.

So I installed the mod on a fresh game exactly as instructed, then I installed the backpack mod on top of that both on my client and on my server, and all the other players have done the same. We just started a fresh game and while everything loads correctly, when people log off and log back in, the last 14 slots of the backpack are lost. I had to manually have the server owner upload the DLL file, and I don't notice any errors/exceptions other than this backpack glitch.

Any advice?

Only thing I can think of that could cause this is that the players do not have the local assembly-sharp.dll file installed. Ensure they install it "normally" using the above steps. Only the server itself needs the server-specific assembly-sharp.dll file included in the server folder.

QUESTION FOR MAC USERS

As I know there are a few of you out there who play Valmod on a Mac, I have a request of you, if possible. Could you please explain to me in detail the correct install instructions one has to follow to get Valmod (including the icons) to function on a Mac computer? Whenever someone asks me how to install it on a Mac I never know what to tell them since I havent a clue how it is handled on Mac. I do know it is possible though, since some of you have achieved it. If you wouldn't mind I would be very grateful in knowing the install steps. Thank you.

error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" after updating server

error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" after updating server for 15.1

Here is the link of the screenshot. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215651230687428612/257576497005592586/unknown.png

is there any way I can resolve this without wiping my character?

Thanks in advance!

error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" after updating server for 15.1

Here is the link of the screenshot. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215651230687428612/257576497005592586/unknown.png

is there any way I can resolve this without wiping my character?

Thanks in advance!

Please upload your output_log.txt and post a link to it here, so we can check it for errors. Output_log.txt is located in the servers 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder.

QUESTION FOR MAC USERS

As I know there are a few of you out there who play Valmod on a Mac, I have a request of you, if possible. Could you please explain to me in detail the correct install instructions one has to follow to get Valmod (including the icons) to function on a Mac computer? Whenever someone asks me how to install it on a Mac I never know what to tell them since I havent a clue how it is handled on Mac. I do know it is possible though, since some of you have achieved it. If you wouldn't mind I would be very grateful in knowing the install steps. Thank you.

1. locate the 7DTD.app: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die/7DaysToDie.app

On Mac, App's are a container, like a folder. (Backslash is for covering spaces. May on an English system the path is slightly different)

2. Right-Click on the 7DaysToDie.app and choose "open package" (I have the German version, so I don't know exactly how it's called)

3. Now you see two folders, Contents and Data. Go to Data an open it. In a second window open Valmod-Folder. Now drag all files from Valmod-Data-Config into the 7DaysToDie.app/Data/Config and overwrite. Same with Prefabs. (7DaysToDie.app/Data/Prefabs)

4. Now go back to: /Users/Username/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die

That is the folder which the app is in. Now drag the Valmod-MOD-Folder into this folder. The MOD-Folder should be next to the .app now.

This is different to the Win-method!

5. Do the same with the Valmod-SMX-Folder

Now you should have next to the .app the MOD and SMX-Folder

At this point you will see after open the game just white fields in the UI, because the SMX-Links doesn't work so you have to edit the three files in the Data/Config/XUI folder

6. Download the attachment and drag the content of the zip into Data/Config (overwrite) [ATTACH]18374[/ATTACH]

7. Bigger Backpack Mod doesn't work. May someone find out how to get it to work on a Mac (and no, it has nothing to do with EAC...)

I changed all "@file..." against "@http..."-Links, so I think you need internet-connection and the site has to be online...

I hope it helps, it's just a trail and error-method, because I'm not a modder :)

PS: if someone will tell me how to post big pictures here and how to make spoilers I will upload screenshots

Valmod_xui_MAC.zip

Hi,

First, thanks for your mod !

We just have a little problem with the workbench, i was able to craft one a few days ago, but now i have the "skill/perk" icon in front of it and i can't craft a new one.

Did anyone know if something has changed with this recipe ?

Archived