A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Please upload your output_log.txt and post a link to it here, so we can check it for errors. Output_log.txt is located in the servers 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder.

I had the server updated through a third party. They said there was no output file. Would you have a step by step instructions on updating the mod after the 15.1 update?

error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" after updating server for 15.1

Here is the link of the screenshot. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/215651230687428612/257576497005592586/unknown.png

is there any way I can resolve this without wiping my character?

Thanks in advance!

Your characters may already be corrupted since you tried to join when the mod wasnt correctly installed.

Redownload the mod and reinstall it on the server. That should fix it.

[snip]

I changed all "@file..." against "@http..."-Links, so I think you need internet-connection and the site has to be online...

I hope it helps, it's just a trail and error-method, because I'm not a modder :)

PS: if someone will tell me how to post big pictures here and how to make spoilers I will upload screenshots

Thank you. Also [spoiler*] Your Text Here [/spoiler*] just remove the *'s

Issue after fresh install

I installed the ValMod Overhaul on both my server and on my computer, as usual. I then started up the game and got an EAC Violation

309736755_Valmodissue.thumb.jpg.f3d9a7b3a76034b205a288fe948de4cf.jpg

***Edit***

I just started:

Local SP game and everything works as intended :)

Local MP game and everything works as intended :)

I tried to connect to another server from the list of modded servers that have ValMod installed and still got the same EAC Violation :(

I installed the ValMod Overhaul on both my server and on my computer, as usual. I then started up the game and got an EAC Violation

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18380[/ATTACH]

***Edit***

I just started:

I tried to connect to another server from the list of modded servers that have ValMod installed and still got the same EAC Violation :(

Seems a file is corrupted, you should verify file integrity through Steam, and re-apply the mod after it.

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed a few doors in a large hotel can't be opened. They were on the bottom floor of the entrance and had "zero" hitpoints. So u couldn't destroy them either. Is this a bug of the game or in the mod?

Since Valmod is not messing with this prefab, it is probably a vanilla bug. Is it a vanilla prefab, or from a prefab pack?

Seems a file is corrupted, you should verify file integrity through Steam, and re-apply the mod after it.

I have done that first before coming onto the forums. I have gone as far as wiping server clean and completing a new install of all game files and ValMod. My personal computer I have deleted all files, including the ones in AppData, and completing a new install of the game files and ValMod.

If it was a corrupted file it would have done this even on the local game-play.

I keep a clean set of files so that I can switch from Unmodded game-play to Modded game-play. I switched to Unmodded files after doing a clean install of ValMod and no problems. Switch back to clean installed files of ValMod and same problem.

I have done that first before coming onto the forums. I have gone as far as wiping server clean and completing a new install of all game files and ValMod. My personal computer I have deleted all files, including the ones in AppData, and completing a new install of the game files and ValMod.

If it was a corrupted file it would have done this even on the local game-play.

I keep a clean set of files so that I can switch from Unmodded game-play to Modded game-play. I switched to Unmodded files after doing a clean install of ValMod and no problems. Switch back to clean installed files of ValMod and same problem.

It looks like your trying to play with EAC on, or trying to connect to a server that has EAC on. If you have the backpack mod also installed you can not play with EAC or join an EAC game.

(Honestly should never play with EAC at all.. it doesn't really do anything for you and public servers are quite simply a waste of time/effort)

I noticed a few doors in a large hotel can't be opened. They were on the bottom floor of the entrance and had "zero" hitpoints. So u couldn't destroy them either. Is this a bug of the game or in the mod?

Vanilla bug, far as I know. Nothing I can do about it. It can happen to trees too - quite annoying. Oddly haven't ever seen it occur to anything else, though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18380[/ATTACH]

***Edit***

I just started:

Strange. I dont know what the umacontroller is. Valmod is all xml files, unless you use the bigger backpack mod. Only thing I can think of is that you're using Bigger Backpack but are trying to launch the game with EAC enabled or you're joining EAC-enabled servers with EAC disabled locally.

This mod is the reason to keep playing. It makes the game into what it should be! Amazing work.

But. Is there some way to increase the radius of the different lights crafted? it seems now that the lights are very weak, especially the spotlights where the lightcone falls off way shorter then it did in A14.

I generally try to keep my base 'well lit' but it needs so many separate lights that my graphicscard is getting pushed to the max with loud coilwhine :( (GTX 1070 on a I7-4970K) I'm guessing having fewer sources of light but with a larger radius might lower the pressure on the graphic system.

-Holo-

Strange. I dont know what the umacontroller is. Valmod is all xml files, unless you use the bigger backpack mod. Only thing I can think of is that you're using Bigger Backpack but are trying to launch the game with EAC enabled or you're joining EAC-enabled servers with EAC disabled locally.

Did not install the Bigger Backpack only because I would have to disable the EAC on my server and in game.

Going to redo everything again and see what can be done.

***Edit***

Okay first of all got it fixed at least for my server.

I ended up re-downloading the ValMod Overhaul thinking that might work, I also did a clean install of 7DTD, here is the bitch of it.... when you download the game it only downloads A15 not A15.1. Had to force it to download A15.1. Then made damn sure all EAC was disabled everywhere I could find it.

Clean install of everything and now I can play on my own server at least.

Thank you all for helping me out :) I really do appreciate everyone's help.

Latest version missing the combine option in the work bench

I haven't read all 274 pages, but was the combine option removed on purpose from the work bench? is there a way to get it back?

Thanks

I haven't read all 274 pages, but was the combine option removed on purpose from the work bench? is there a way to get it back?

Thanks

Probably because you couldn't shift+click items into the input slot since the modified workbench had custom tools in it. By separating it you can now shift click into the new bench.

Why is the valmod overhaul version of the file different between the link here in the forums and the one on envul? The one on envul is labeled "Classic-Horde-Survival-Master" and the one from the link in the forums is "Valmod-Overhaul-Master". I assume the one from the forums is the correct/most up to date one?

Why is the valmod overhaul version of the file different between the link here in the forums and the one on envul? The one on envul is labeled "Classic-Horde-Survival-Master" and the one from the link in the forums is "Valmod-Overhaul-Master". I assume the one from the forums is the correct/most up to date one?

Classic Horde Survival is an entirely different mod also made by valmar. You should be using the link on the first page of this thread for the latest master since it points directly to his github link.

I don't really care about the shift+click

Probably because you couldn't shift+click items into the input slot since the modified workbench had custom tools in it. By separating it you can now shift click into the new bench.

if it is the shift_click to use vs not being able to use at all i'd still prefer to have the combine option. is there a way to get it back in the current version. or was it actually removed or just disabled?

if it is the shift_click to use vs not being able to use at all i'd still prefer to have the combine option. is there a way to get it back in the current version. or was it actually removed or just disabled?

You craft the new workbench called combine station. That is where you now combine items. It was removed from the main workbench and put into its own bench.

This mod is the reason to keep playing. It makes the game into what it should be! Amazing work.

But. Is there some way to increase the radius of the different lights crafted? it seems now that the lights are very weak, especially the spotlights where the lightcone falls off way shorter then it did in A14.

I generally try to keep my base 'well lit' but it needs so many separate lights that my graphicscard is getting pushed to the max with loud coilwhine :( (GTX 1070 on a I7-4970K) I'm guessing having fewer sources of light but with a larger radius might lower the pressure on the graphic system.

-Holo-

Sadly the light itself is baked into the model. Its not something I can modify in the xml.

Thanks

I dont expect anyone to read all 274 pages. Why do so many people think they need to point that out? Who would expect you to do that? Those pages are irrelevant anyway.

Anywho, more on the workbench change can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/valmod#announcements/detail/566722451176982419

PS: Consider joining the group to be kept yourself notified of updates and changelogs.

Ah strange. Thank you very much for telling me about this. The webmaster of Envul was nice enough to setup my downloads to point to the github download earlier. However it seems one of the link ups is incorrect. I will try to get into contact with him to see if he can fix this for me.

Sorry for the mix up. Yes, the one from the forums is always the correct/up to date version. THe one from Envul /should/ be aswell, as it will direct you to the same download address (https://github.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/archive/master.zip) but as I mentioned something apparently got a little goofed up. :)

lol reason many mention not reading through all the pages is on manyforums. people will reply with a "why didnt you read the posts?!" as in many cases since things wouldnt change the responses prior wqould be relivent. But here old posts would be out of date info lot of times.

So to not get "yelled" at by people. many will mention didnt read when ask a question. in hopes of an answer or some one pointing out which page to go back to.

Hey, I just started using Valmod!

Firstly, great work! Lovin' the new Zed's.

I did start off using the Overhaul, but I found my progression a bit too slow for the game time I have available, so I'm using the Expansion. :)

It's excellent!

My only problem is, is that when using the forge, or campfire, I get quite a lot of lag, which makes placing wood and things veeeeerrryyy slow.

Everything else runs fine. Weird.

In the search for the recepies type anything there and it will go alot smother

Is this something that's been reported as a bug in the engine? done some testing on a dedicated server on my LAN, and it seems the server is spewing out data to clients when looking in a crafting station causing massive network congestion. While this is a modded game, technically all it does is add recipies to the stations, and would cause problems in vanilla too if they add more craftables.

I think it got worse when they made all recipies visible from any crafting window though, instead of just inside the fitting crafting station.

missing items in bigger bags

after installing the latest server updates rev. 299 (12_13_19) (2016-12-14)

re-adding valmod overhaul and bigger bags

when you logout and back in you lose all items in the new bigger bag fields

those fields also can not be shift clicked to add items to them

Archived