A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Please help!

I have just downloaded all the files for the expansion.

When I open a private game, the game applys the new mods. ( I can see with same UI as the spoiler on original master poster)

But when I restart my live server with my friends through gameservers, the mods do not apply, do they only work on private games?

Please help :)

Regards

So i extract this file to the same place on my dedicated server folders?

Edit:

tried placing on server folders, doesn't work. Also tried using the folder setup in original mod zip file, also doesn't work.

Install Valmod on the server normally. Then install the Bigger Backpack Mod folder's file. Now, since you're on a server, open the special server-specific .dll download zip i shared earlier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3c2yvfrke1m3pg/ValmodBiggerBackpackServer.zip?dl=0

Put the Assembly-CSharp.dll into your servers 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder. The server needs to use this specific .dll file, and only the server.

It works. I've tested it personally on a dedicated server to confirm it. If you can't get it to work ensure you're following the directions to the letter. Otherwise there is no other support I can offer beyond that, sorry.

Hey Valmer, how can I use your new updates but still have the backpack changes I have been using? When I try and install the backpack changes I get a bunch of null exception errors. Your bags just aren't big enough

Even with my Bigger Backpack edition? It increases the inventory size to 45 slots. Anyway, otherwise, my mod is not compatible with any other bigger backpack mod directly. Not without a lot of manual tweaking and adjusting from the player's side to merge the files together by copy/pasting over the relevant XML code. This is not practical and not something a beginner should attempt though, imo. Though I won't discourage those who want to try. Just putting out that from a practical level, far as the average player is concerned, its not feasible.

So cool. Thank you again! Of course I have to ask the question. There several mods that make the storage even larger. Can I do that with your files? I mean so I don't have overlapping storages like when working in the forge or looking at the minibike?

Read my above comment to Vyanant, same applies here.

Hey, I want to host a private server for my friends (don't want to make it lan) . is there any kind of program that supports this mod? :D

I don't understand your question. My mod is server compatible, just have to ensure everyone else has it installed. Many servers run Valmod.

Can you clarify your question?

I have just downloaded all the files for the expansion.

When I open a private game, the game applys the new mods. ( I can see with same UI as the spoiler on original master poster)

But when I restart my live server with my friends through gameservers, the mods do not apply, do they only work on private games?

Please help :)

Regards

You have to install the mod to the server, not just your local files. The server uses its own set of files. You'd need to use filezilla to access the server's files to install the mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Val,

Metal blocks built in the artisan station cost 10 metal and give between 11-15 metal when broken down w/ the pickaxe.

Thank you for pointing that out. I will adjust it.

Hey Val,

Black football helmets (I assume all colored ones) don't count as football helmets for crafting a mining helmet in the workbench.

That is because the don't have recipes for each specific color which is each its own item. As you can tape a flashlight to all the base helmets (you dont have to make a mining helmet, you can tape that flashlight to other helmets too) I decide not to bother making a bunch of extra recipes just for the football Helmet.

Is there a way to install your new updates without the bigger bag?

Yeah.... The bigger bag is not "default". You actually have to go out of your way to install that. Just install the mod like normal and you wont have the bigger bag. Simple.

I'm starting valmod with 7D2D Mod Launcher. I can start it no problem without EAC, but with EAC there is just a black screen. Ok for SP, but I cannot join any MP servers. How do people join?

Did the mod launcher install the version with the bigger backpack, perhaps? Bigger backpack isn't compatible with EAC and thus servers that have EAC enabled.

If you want to play with EAC or on a server that has EAC enabled then you cannot use the bigger backpack and must install the mod in its "normal" and "default" state which does not include the backpack expansion.

Sneak peek for next update:

Regenerator Zombie Boss!

This zombie will actually keep healing itself every few seconds (smoke effect) so you have to kill him quickly.

The burning rusher has been adjusted and had his textured changed (Charred Zombie). Now the rusher does not run all the time. But when he sees you he will buff himself by igniting himself on fire and charge at you with great speed for a few seconds. So now instead of a constant run his run is based on his buff trigger.

I'm curious to hear how these two guys play out. They're be in the next update, whenever that comes.

I have been playing the overhaul for a couple of days and I'm really enjoying it. It is like a totally fresh look at the game and has breathed some new enthusiasm into playing.

My one tiny niggle is that when I mousewheel-scroll through the items on the toolbelt, I find it difficult to see the highlighted box outline on the selected item. It is my guess that this outline box is red and that I struggle to see it because I am red/green colourblind. I am not sure but I think the vanilla one is white, which is much easier for me to see.

hi, been playing the mod, we tried to add the gems in xml to give us more when u dig, but still no gems, did u change anything that we need to knoe, as the diamonds are at 0.0004, but did a few test and ended up at .04 still no gems, been tolsd it should be 1/25 , so not sure, maybe the gems are not in the mining yet? just as loot?

Ohhhhh, Valmar - those new zombies, fantastic! My players will love AND hate you - and of course ME too for adding them :D

Good to hear. I look forward to their hate. Hopefully they're fun.

I have been playing the overhaul for a couple of days and I'm really enjoying it. It is like a totally fresh look at the game and has breathed some new enthusiasm into playing.

My one tiny niggle is that when I mousewheel-scroll through the items on the toolbelt, I find it difficult to see the highlighted box outline on the selected item. It is my guess that this outline box is red and that I struggle to see it because I am red/green colourblind. I am not sure but I think the vanilla one is white, which is much easier for me to see.

Interesting.

Open the 7 Days to Die directory.

Open the Data folder

Open the Config folder

Open the XUi folder.

Open styles.xml

Find <style name="itemStack">

Change the colors like so:

<style_entry name="select_color" value="[beige]"/>

<style_entry name="press_color" value="[limeGreen]"/>

<style_entry name="final_pressed_color" value="[lightGrey]"/>

<style_entry name="background_color" value="[mediumGrey]"/>

<style_entry name="highlight_color" value="[hoverColor]"/>

<style_entry name="holding_color" value="[white]"/>

And it should go back to vanilla colors.

hi, been playing the mod, we tried to add the gems in xml to give us more when u dig, but still no gems, did u change anything that we need to knoe, as the diamonds are at 0.0004, but did a few test and ended up at .04 still no gems, been tolsd it should be 1/25 , so not sure, maybe the gems are not in the mining yet? just as loot?

What is a gem? You mean diamonds? I'm not fully sure what you're asking me here. What are you trying to achieve, exactly?

hello Valmar,

im playing with a friend on a multiplayer game he host on his computer through steam. We both modded or game with only the overhaul and started a new RGW.

every now and then when i'm pressing "E" on an object I will get the Debbug screen poping with red text, saying something about the object not being found.

when this happen, I usually loose synch or lose my mouse and have to restart the game. this wasn't happening before we modded the game and have been playing over two weeks with the same setup.

any idea what may be causing this?

Workbench Recipe Problem

I've been using this mod for around 35 in-game days on a private server. I went to make an oven and realized I didn't have the workbench skill. My toon meets the prerequisite of having at least level 20 in Construction tools. Is this because the toon was started a day or so before I installed the mod? Or what else could have gone wrong? Thanks for a great mod!

I've been using this mod for around 35 in-game days on a private server. I went to make an oven and realized I didn't have the workbench skill. My toon meets the prerequisite of having at least level 20 in Construction tools. Is this because the toon was started a day or so before I installed the mod? Or what else could have gone wrong? Thanks for a great mod!

You need to spent (or read) 15 skill point in Ovn Repair skill to make an ovn :-)

I'm assuming you're playing Valmod Overhaul? Make sure you have the mod installed locally or else it will incorrectly say the recipe is locked behind the perk - which doesn't exist in Overhaul.

Good to hear. I look forward to their hate. Hopefully they're fun.

Interesting.

Open the 7 Days to Die directory.

Open the Data folder

Open the Config folder

Open the XUi folder.

Open styles.xml

Find <style name="itemStack">

Change the colors like so:

<style_entry name="select_color" value="[beige]"/>

<style_entry name="press_color" value="[limeGreen]"/>

<style_entry name="final_pressed_color" value="[lightGrey]"/>

<style_entry name="background_color" value="[mediumGrey]"/>

<style_entry name="highlight_color" value="[hoverColor]"/>

<style_entry name="holding_color" value="[white]"/>

And it should go back to vanilla colors.

What is a gem? You mean diamonds? I'm not fully sure what you're asking me here. What are you trying to achieve, exactly?

just trying to changed diamonds, gold, silver so its easier to find, I`l like to find it in my rl lifetime , but its not working , even added 0.4. someone said it should be 1/25 still no luck, any found rare ore yet, not seen any on forum mention it????

Hi Valmar

I have two times met an invisible zombie. First time was in the dessert and second time was in the main town.

The zombie was hitting me fast with low damage, any chance that there is a zombie where you made an error or you think this is a bug ??

Beware, Backpack mod works great for a while but!!!

So cool. Thank you again! Of course I have to ask the question. There several mods that make the storage even larger. Can I do that with your files? I mean so I don't have overlapping storages like when working in the forge or looking at the minibike?

Players have black screen of death

Players spawn to death in a loop

Loose the lower row and right row when rejoining

Reverting our server now.

Archived