A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

i have been trting to get the valmod on my sever but cant get it to work can any one help me ?

You have to drag and drop the Data folder from the download into the server directory, if its dedicated. If its a hosted server then you'd need to do this using FTP via filezilla.

If you need help with this you can contact me on steam and I could do it for you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/silkyfedora

Valmar,

I just tried to play single player. It worked fine but I'm lagging more than usual. I lowered the settings to low and it still lags me incredibly more than normal. I just tried to connect to the server again (after restarting my PC and launching the game with EAC) and it still kicks me out of the server. I did not add the bigger backpack mod. I only copied and pasted the "Data" and "Mods" folders.

If you did not install the bigger backpack then you getting kicked from the server has no association with the mod. Nothing else about my mod, other than the modded .dll file in the bigger backpack (which you didnt install) violates EAC.

Verify the file integrity of the game through steam to ensure you have everything you need.

What kind of lag are you talking about? Inventory menu and search lag? Or general gameplay lag?

Hey,

First I would like to say that your mod has changed this game, and quite honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we see stuff that is included into this mod implemented into the final game. I have been running your mod (overhaul) for about a week and I really enjoy it.

However, Take it for what you will I have a few "opinions" take them, or leave them.

1. The crafting tree could really have added a level number beside the unlocked skill. Right now its just a list of the unlocks but would be easier for say. "Chainsaw Unlock Level 10" Somewhere in those lines.

2. Crafting in general, If I have all the materials to make say a Cement block, I should be able to make a cement block and not micro manage to the point where I need to make cement, cement mix, then a cement block. It would be nice if I had the materials to add the prereqs to the list.

3. Cobblestone auto-wall would be super helpful!!!!

4. What do the unlocks for a survivors suitcase do? I haven't found anywhere to use these and I have a pile, Nor can I find anything referring to them? Am I missing something?

5. I see the beginning to electricity which is great - I believe its needed whether its powered by coal, wind, water, or wood it doesn't matter but does this mean some sort of electricity based defenses? Auto turrets?

6. Anyway on transfering a map seed? If I have found a map seed it would be nice to be able to play it again if I want.

7. Zombies now DIG, its as PAIN, but its great!

1. I cannot add the unlock level to those skills - that is just how the game lists them. Its outside of my control. THe most I can do is mention it in the skill description - which is all I have control over. Which I do in the current version. To use the chainsaw as an example:

<crafting_skill name="Mechanical" icon="misc_crafting" description_key="This skill levels the more you work with electronics and mechanical gear. Level 10/15/25 unlocks the chainsaw/nailgun/auger. Level 30 unlocks gear mechanicsm and mechanical parts. Level 50 unlocks minibike." title_key="Mechanical Skills" group="crafting">

2. Can you clarify this? You mean you want to make concrete but cannot do it without cement mix?

3. It would. Actually I used to have one. Though recent block ID restrictions had me cut back in some areas. Hopefully when A16 drops and they free up a lot of block IDs I will be free to readd stuff like this without worry.

4. Does the survivor's combination description not clarify it? "This can be used to unlock a survivor's briefcase". You use them in the same way you used the class key at the start of the game, only you use it on the survivor's briefcase. This is a unique loot item you can find stashed away in "Suspicious Stumps". They contain a lot of nice loot and its worth holding onto them until you can unlock them.

5. Stuff like actual fuel/battery/juice for electric lights and turrets are way, way outside the realm of what is possible in xml modding currently. However electricity is exactly what the Pimps are working on in A16. They will be adding stuff like powered generators and wires to connect to the lights so you have to keep the generator powered to keep the lights running.

They have also shown concept art and talked about plans to add auto defense turrets, saw traps and fire traps. A16 will hopefully be bringing us a lot of cool new features into the mix.

6. Yeah. Map seeds do not change. They're always the same. The name of your save is the name of the seed. However a vanilla seed and a Valmod seed will be different since my mod does change the biomes.xml. I dont know to what extent that will change it though, as I don't touch the rwgmixer.xml which is the backbone of what handles random world generation.

7. Thats news to me. Lol.

Since there are so many pages in this thread, could someone point out how I add this mod to my rented server? I know the wife and I have to download the mod locally, but not sure if that will automatically affect my new rented server. Thanks in advance.

Vooyah,

Refer to his post above yours at the beginning when he refers a link to post above him. :)

Valmar,

Hey there, I appreciate everything you've done with this Mod, and I'm currently playing with this mod on a server me and friend set up. Its a blast.

Just a simple question for you..

Is there any way to stop the lag when searching and/or watching the forge to level?

Thanks!

- SotallyTober

Since there are so many pages in this thread, could someone point out how I add this mod to my rented server? I know the wife and I have to download the mod locally, but not sure if that will automatically affect my new rented server. Thanks in advance.

It won't automatically go on the server just because you have it locally. Servers have their own set of files that have to be modded, same as you had to mod yours. The difference is that since its a rented server to get access to the install directory you have to use filezilla and connect to the server's FTP.

If you want I can do this for you. Would be easier that way. Send me an invite on Steam if interested:

Okay, I'll try that now. Thank you.

Edit: That works for now, but I much prefer if we didn't have to do that of course. :) Soon enough I'm sure. Thanks for the advice!

-SotallyTober

Unfortunately the favorites (or typing random rubbish in the search box like afsgdgdhdhd) is the only workaround for the lag. There is no secret, perfect fix that solves all the woes. :(

It won't automatically go on the server just because you have it locally. Servers have their own set of files that have to be modded, same as you had to mod yours. The difference is that since its a rented server to get access to the install directory you have to use filezilla and connect to the server's FTP.

If you want I can do this for you. Would be easier that way. Send me an invite on Steam if interested:

:(

That would be great! Thank you. Invite sent on Steam.

Translation

Hey Valmar,

first of all I as so many others would like to thank you for this wonderful mod. It made a good game even better. My wife, my brother and I enjoy it very much. (Now, here it Comes) BUT they would enjoy it even more if there was a german translation. Sadly, the game doesn't switch to the english entries, if there is none in the set language. Thus when missing a translation entry the game just gives the object name. And that is even worse in most cases. So I began to fight my way through the translation.txt and have two questions as of now:

1. Is it okay to distribute it, when I'm done?

2. How come there are a few things missing? Like some skills for example...

Greetings

znarf

I got a server you can add.

Welcome to Earth

Running Expansion pack 4.2 with the backpack mod installed as well. Friendly PVE crafting, Navez server. With some minor tweaks. Minibike tracking, and raised level cap.

Secondly. the dropbox link .dll is fubar, broken, no beuno. Screwed me up trying to get my server booted up with it, gave me a black screen trying to run the game. The .dll that comes with the expansion pack works fine, but I was going through the recent posts and you made it sound like the server needed to run that specific file. Thought maybe it was a special file just for the server, but yeah, it doesn't work at all. Should maybe delete it to save future headaches. :)

Also, great work, and thank you for everything you've done.

Let me start by saying this is currently (and always has been AFAIK) the best modpack for 7 days to die. That being said, there's still room for improvement.

Do I think you should change anything that you currently have added? Nope. You really know what you're doing in that department. I think the Pimps need to allow for more modifications than just XML files. It would be nice for example to change mod-related settings in the main menu. Once the next update clears up some blocks (which by the way there will be a DRASTIC decrease in block usage in the next patch - I know since I've watched the DEV vlogs) you'll be able to add a massive abundance of content. I just wish you could create additional game mechanics instead of altering what is already there.

Long story short, keep a look out for the next update everyone, and let's see what kind of massive content drop that the Valmod will inevitably have in store for us.

As for you, sir, thank you for your continued and undying support of this community. Quite frankly, 7 days to die went from "meh" to reasonably decent with your modpack. Its further maturation in the upcoming years should honestly mean you deserve a part of the actual development team. Perhaps you can help churn out quality content as well.

~Maj

Hey Valmar,

first of all I as so many others would like to thank you for this wonderful mod. It made a good game even better. My wife, my brother and I enjoy it very much. (Now, here it Comes) BUT they would enjoy it even more if there was a german translation. Sadly, the game doesn't switch to the english entries, if there is none in the set language. Thus when missing a translation entry the game just gives the object name. And that is even worse in most cases. So I began to fight my way through the translation.txt and have two questions as of now:

1. Is it okay to distribute it, when I'm done?

2. How come there are a few things missing? Like some skills for example...

Greetings

znarf

1. Sure, have at it Hoss.

2. Many skills/progressions avoid using localization and instead have their descriptions added directly to the progression.xml instead. I do this just because I dont offer non-english support and find it easier to change things this way. For example if I change a recipe to unlock at level 30 instead of 40 I can quickly edit the skill description to reflect that change in the same file, rather than opening the localization and having to find/edit it there.

I got a server you can add.

Welcome to Earth

Running Expansion pack 4.2 with the backpack mod installed as well. Friendly PVE crafting, Navez server. With some minor tweaks. Minibike tracking, and raised level cap.

Secondly. the dropbox link .dll is fubar, broken, no beuno. Screwed me up trying to get my server booted up with it, gave me a black screen trying to run the game. The .dll that comes with the expansion pack works fine, but I was going through the recent posts and you made it sound like the server needed to run that specific file. Thought maybe it was a special file just for the server, but yeah, it doesn't work at all. Should maybe delete it to save future headaches. :)

Also, great work, and thank you for everything you've done.

To clarify the server's name is "Welcome to Earth"? What is the port number? What region is the server set in?

The dropbox .dll for the server works. The server does need to have that specific assembly sharp file. It also has to run with EAC disabled. The player doesn't install the server one if they play on the server. The server one is only for the server and should never be used in the client's files. To the best of my knowledge, anyway. Stallionsden is the mastermind behind all that stuff.

Let me start by saying this is currently (and always has been AFAIK) the best modpack for 7 days to die. That being said, there's still room for improvement.

Do I think you should change anything that you currently have added? Nope. You really know what you're doing in that department. I think the Pimps need to allow for more modifications than just XML files. It would be nice for example to change mod-related settings in the main menu. Once the next update clears up some blocks (which by the way there will be a DRASTIC decrease in block usage in the next patch - I know since I've watched the DEV vlogs) you'll be able to add a massive abundance of content. I just wish you could create additional game mechanics instead of altering what is already there.

Long story short, keep a look out for the next update everyone, and let's see what kind of massive content drop that the Valmod will inevitably have in store for us.

As for you, sir, thank you for your continued and undying support of this community. Quite frankly, 7 days to die went from "meh" to reasonably decent with your modpack. Its further maturation in the upcoming years should honestly mean you deserve a part of the actual development team. Perhaps you can help churn out quality content as well.

~Maj

Thank you very much for the shining praise. It really does mean a lot to me to know that others enjoy my work and appreciate the effort I put into it. I hope my mod continues to impress as things progress.

To clarify the server's name is "Welcome to Earth"? What is the port number? What region is the server set in?

The dropbox .dll for the server works. The server does need to have that specific assembly sharp file. It also has to run with EAC disabled. The player doesn't install the server one if they play on the server. The server one is only for the server and should never be used in the client's files. To the best of my knowledge, anyway. Stallionsden is the mastermind behind all that stuff.

Thank you very much for the shining praise. It really does mean a lot to me to know that others enjoy my work and appreciate the effort I put into it. I hope my mod continues to impress as things progress.

Yes, that's the name. Port is 26901. Based in Texas, USA

Wel.. the dropbox .dll didn't work for me. I used the .dll that came with the expansion pack instead, and it did work. So people connecting DO NOT need it installed? Their items won't vanish if they do not install it?

So, two players on my server are having issues. Missing HUD textures. Had them check to make sure the files are actually where they are supposed to be and still there, and they are. One uses a mac, and the other a Linux based rig, so unix-ish systems. Could your change to how the .XUI handles images be the cause of this?

So, two players on my server are having issues. Missing HUD textures. Had them check to make sure the files are actually where they are supposed to be and still there, and they are. One uses a mac, and the other a Linux based rig, so unix-ish systems. Could your change to how the .XUI handles images be the cause of this?

We had this issue when the UI xml files pointing to the local folders to get the textures. We solved the problem by hosting them on our own webspace, and all is fine now.

Yes, that's the name. Port is 26901. Based in Texas, USA

Wel.. the dropbox .dll didn't work for me. I used the .dll that came with the expansion pack instead, and it did work. So people connecting DO NOT need it installed? Their items won't vanish if they do not install it?

The server-specific .dll is to be installed in the server's files. The player-specific one still is to be installed on the local system. Without it they wont be able to shift-click items into the new slots and will have to manually drag and drop. Pretty sure the inventory is still saved though. But I never tested that.

Like Puschpa mentioned this seems to be an issue with local images in the UI and only effects Mac and apparently Linux users. You'd have to give the effected images links rather than tying them to local files. SMX features a "online version" that you can look at for reference to see what specific images need to be linked and what need to be local.

Building Mix in random gen single player

have got a map going, nothing special but doin an ironman, one of my better starts and having great time. Got my bike finally and I've realized that all my building spawns all over the map while quite a good variety are not all that are in the prefab folder or that I've seen on my older maps. I'm speculating as to what is and isn't there but I think it's all the stuff with like xcostum, xvanilla, basically the "x" beginning stuff. I can navigate files enough but knowing what's actually going on I'm fuzzy.

my understaning is the rwgmixer is how that mix gets created and it does seem that those kinds of files arent mentioned in it but did I just get a bum spawn or there something I can do to mix it up better.

Thank you Val, as always for a great mod.

M

have got a map going, nothing special but doin an ironman, one of my better starts and having great time. Got my bike finally and I've realized that all my building spawns all over the map while quite a good variety are not all that are in the prefab folder or that I've seen on my older maps. I'm speculating as to what is and isn't there but I think it's all the stuff with like xcostum, xvanilla, basically the "x" beginning stuff. I can navigate files enough but knowing what's actually going on I'm fuzzy.

my understaning is the rwgmixer is how that mix gets created and it does seem that those kinds of files arent mentioned in it but did I just get a bum spawn or there something I can do to mix it up better.

Thank you Val, as always for a great mod.

M

From what I understand the "x" prefabs are part of Magoli's Compo Prefab pack mod.

Rwgmixer is indeed what handles the generation of the random gen world and places building and such.

Valmod does not modify the rwgmixer.xml at all - it is vanilla. As such if you want to play with Compo Pack you have to install it ontop of Valmod (replace my vanilla rwgmixer.xml with the one included in Compo). You'd also need to start a new world after doing so.

From what I understand the "x" prefabs are part of Magoli's Compo Prefab pack mod.

Rwgmixer is indeed what handles the generation of the random gen world and places building and such.

Valmod does not modify the rwgmixer.xml at all - it is vanilla. As such if you want to play with Compo Pack you have to install it ontop of Valmod (replace my vanilla rwgmixer.xml with the one included in Compo). You'd also need to start a new world after doing so.

That's what I'm doing wrong then.. Have let the folder get dirty and not keep track of what's doing what. thank you!

I'm getting an "Array Index Out Of Range" error in the console (followed by a CTD).

I know this a unity issue but I'm not sure why today it is appearing when I play my valmod game.

have a look in you output_log.txt for a more detailed error as that one doesn't give enough info to determine what caused it.

The server-specific .dll is to be installed in the server's files. The player-specific one still is to be installed on the local system. Without it they wont be able to shift-click items into the new slots and will have to manually drag and drop. Pretty sure the inventory is still saved though. But I never tested that.

Here's what I learned.

1. The server specific .DLL does not work for me, the one you linked to through dropbox.

2. The .DLL that comes with the expansion does.

3. Players can still join and play without it, get the extra slots, shift click works, but their items DO vanish if they are left in the new slots once they log off.

4. Players with the the same .DLL installed on their machines haven't reported any issues.

I'm running my server off a Win10 system. I don't know how relevant that is to how everything worked out for me, but that's what I got. Hope that helps. :)

have a look in you output_log.txt for a more detailed error as that one doesn't give enough info to determine what caused it.

It might a well be written in chinese - I don't know what most of it means.

It ends with:

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F7A4BC5)

0x00007FF86F7A4BC5 (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F6C1A2F)

0x00007FF86F6C1A2F (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F6C35A3)

0x00007FF86F6C35A3 (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F7A5608)

0x00007FF86F7A5608 (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F7A4131)

0x00007FF86F7A4131 (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F7A28E2)

0x00007FF86F7A28E2 (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F7EF80C)

0x00007FF86F7EF80C (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F7DBF40)

0x00007FF86F7DBF40 (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F7F6C0B)

0x00007FF86F7F6C0B (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F767F90)

0x00007FF86F767F90 (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F7634AD)

0x00007FF86F7634AD (nvd3dumx)

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FF86F783AAD)

0x00007FF86F783AAD (nvd3dumx)

0x00007FF86FA30363 (nvd3dumx) QueryOglResource

0x00007FF86FA305AE (nvd3dumx) QueryOglResource

0x00007FF8935D8364 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Archived