A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Just started playing in A15 and already missing some Valmod stuff :) I think I'm going to copy over the xml for the weed cleaver at the very least :)

Missing your polished UI too.

will miss it to.

will there be a update so it works with a15 soon?

will miss it to.

will there be a update so it works with a15 soon?

I will update to A15, yes. Soon, however? I doubt it. Its a lot of work. If I binge on it I might be able to get it all done and ready around 5 days. Though I don't necessarily fancy the idea of burning myself out on it. Its also likely to remain in experimental for a few weeks. So I should have plenty of time to get things tidied up for when it officially releases.

Help Cant figure this out

I have tried to install both the Overhaul and the Expansion on clean files, also i have tried the 7d2d Launcher but i keep getting this error in the pic if anyone can help that would be great

" ERR Loading and parsing "blocks.xml" (Model with nameBranch_legacy not found)

" err loading of blocks aborted due to errors

err at blockshapenew.init (.block_block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

err loading and parsing items xml file ( Unknown block name 'campfire' in use_action!/ at itemactionexchangeitem.readfrom

(.dynamicproperties_props)[0x00000] in <filename unknown.:0

at itemclassesfromxml.createitems (.xmlfile_xmlfile)[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

err at itemactionexchangeitem.readfrom (.dynamicproperties_props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>.0

at itemclassesfromxml.createitems (.xmlfile_xmlfile) [0x00000]in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name "treetailgrassdiagnoal" not found!

asd.jpg.fdf3fa4baf45885bc73ed7d66c1fa9b9.jpg

The image is a bit small for me to tell - what version of the game were you trying to install them to? It looks like A14.6 - this mod requires A14.7

Otherwise redownload the mod to ensure you have the latest version and try again.

i was running the old game version i did update and its working now thanks for the quick reply.

Val needs testers! :) I have Valmod Overhaul (not expansion pack) all setup for Alpha 15 Experimental. It appears to work correctly. As in - I logged into the world and didnt get any glaring errors of death and destruction and the output log all checked out.

Given how many changes A15 brought Im sure there are a lot of little oversights like item/block/perk descriptions and the like. Or maybe some blocks are not properly locked behind relevant areas/perks. Hard to say.

If anyone is interested in play-testing it then here you go:

Valmod Overhaul A15 Experimental

I will fix the issues as they're brought to me. I appreciate any feedback and understanding.

Wasn't expecting to too see a alpha 15 version anytime soon! I made an account to firstly thank you, so Thank you! Secondly so I can give feedback to help this project along as best as I am able. I've been doing mod reports/feedback for various mods such as: Rimworld hardcore sk - Crusader kings 2 historical immersion project, S.T.A.L.E.R Cop - Misery and Shoc Stalkersoup, Dwarf fortress Masterwork, well you get the idea usually quite well known mods. What's you're prefered method of bug reports do you use a gitthub or anything of the likes?

Report 1. When i downloaded it I had to ask myself did the installation change as I only have a Mods and Config, not a mods and data, upon looking at the A14 one it would appear that all I needed to do was put the config into the data folder which might confuse some people as there is already a config folder outside of the data folder but all is working... so far :p

Report 2. Everything I craft is at level 200 yellow I have not chosen a class, was this an oversight for people who dont wish to have a class?

My mod's download links are actually hosted on github. https://github.com/LordValmar/Valmod-Overhaul-A15-Experimental for example. So I do use it - though I admit I use it more for sharing rather than for bug reporting. If I had to make a preference I'd go with forum posts here, as this is where I'm most comfortable reading and replying to them. Github, while great, is still pretty new territory to me.

Report 1: Ah, my bad. I forgot to properly package it. I usually add the config folder directly when Im jumping between files. Thats my excuse, anyway. Should be remedied now. Have I mentioned how great github is that I can just make these changes on the fly and have it automatically update everything for me? Thanks to StompyNZ for pushing me into it.

Report 2: Not intentional. I'm not even sure how that could have happened but now that I'm aware of it I will see if I can iron that bug out, thank you.

Report 3. Female zombies (Cheerleader/Mother) have an extremely high chance of dropping pistols with ammo, I have 5 (6 now) pistols within the first hour or so of the game.

yi3HSv1.jpg?1

Report 4. Working as intended.

Report 5. Working as intended.

Report 7. Infection timer isn't ticking down its been at 2:30 hours for over that time now, probably 3 hours since I was infected.

Val needs testers! :) I have Valmod Overhaul (not expansion pack) all setup for Alpha 15 Experimental. It appears to work correctly. As in - I logged into the world and didnt get any glaring errors of death and destruction and the output log all checked out.

Given how many changes A15 brought Im sure there are a lot of little oversights like item/block/perk descriptions and the like. Or maybe some blocks are not properly locked behind relevant areas/perks. Hard to say.

If anyone is interested in play-testing it then here you go:

Valmod Overhaul A15 Experimental

I will fix the issues as they're brought to me. I appreciate any feedback and understanding.

I added it and it seems good so far, though I'm missing icons for items etc, like we need client side files. Is this true?

BTW, Awesome job my man! I have a couple home hosted servers that my friends and I just started using your expansion on and the last couple days, the additions are much welcomed by everyone.

Report 2: I believe found the culprit. I suspect its related to a game-related bug. The progression.xml doesn't seem to fully work the way it used to. For whatever reason the Barter's quality was effecting ALL items, not just those flagged as "barter" group. This wasn't the case in A14. I'm hoping its just a game issue currently and will be ironed out down the line. Either way I've removed the conflict so it should be working now.

Report 3: I will adjust that. Though I will say you probably confused another female zombie for the cheerleader. She isn't set to drop any weapon. Still I did have some misplaced loot assigned to the entities. Should be taken care of now. Thank you.

Report 4: Tested them out and they seem to work for me.

Report 5: Do you mean when you mine the potassium ore it doesn't give you anything? It should be giving you a total of 10 everytime, regardless of what tool you use.

- - - Updated - - -

I added it and it seems good so far, though I'm missing icons for items etc, like we need client side files. Is this true?

BTW, Awesome job my man! I have a couple home hosted servers that my friends and I just started using your expansion on and the last couple days, the additions are much welcomed by everyone.

Yes. This has always been the case since the very beginning. Clients will need the mod installed locally to get the full experience when playing on a server. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question?

Yes. This has always been the case since the very beginning. Clients will need the mod installed locally to get the full experience when playing on a server. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question?

Nope, you understood. I was just making sure there wasn't a separate download for the client side VS the server. If they are the same then that is what I was needing. I'll do more testing tonight and give any feedback I can.

Thanks Again!

I am only getting 1 potassium per every several swings with either fist stone axe / shovel I haven't tried with a pickaxe etc or a found tool.

The potassium ore is left unchanged from vanilla. Thats just how the harvest system works given the health of the block and relatively low amount of resources gathered from it.

Report 7: Interesting. I just tested it by letting a zombie munch on my delicious flesh and the infection was ticking down properly for me.

Nope, you understood. I was just making sure there wasn't a separate download for the client side VS the server. If they are the same then that is what I was needing. I'll do more testing tonight and give any feedback I can.

Thanks Again!

Well there is a client download link for the A14.7 version. It includes only the files the player needs (the ones that aren't "pushed" from the server). Though having the full mod installed will do the same thing. Really it only exists as a means for providing an easy to remember/use link:

tiny.cc/valmodicons

This makes it easier to hand out to players on a server who can't copy/paste from the game chat or the like.

Initial play on A15 Experimental.

1) Suitcase not being destroyed on getting items - selecting class

2) Dog vanish far too quickly

3) Game Engine Problem - It doesnt matter what biome you goto the temp always stays the same.

1) Fixed.

2) Heh, you know vanilla actually has them disappear after 30 seconds. I have it at 60. Though I guess that still might be too short. I'll adjust.

3) Normally when temp gets stuck I recommend turning off weathersurvival then turning it back on... but I cant get the console to open in the experimental. So I dont know if thats just me or not.

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/15.0x/_quest/id=merchantBolts

they commented out crossbowBolt in vanilla so item doesnt exist

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/15.0x/_quest/id=challenge_Kickz3

should be goldenrodPlant not goldenrod

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/15.0x/_quest/id=perkGunman

should be Barter not Bartering

Fixed. Many thanks.

I discovered F2 is now the console command.

Strange thing i discovered the house with the forge in it - with the L shaped stone stairs on the outside. Part of this building was under a land claim block - I was playing SP on random gen?!?!

Unable to pick up table with lamp on it.

Unable to turn on mobile spotlight or pick it up.

Getting way too much brass, lead and scrap iron.

Also, leveling way to fast been playing for an hour and level 10 already. Been doing no construction just found a town and was raiding it shooting zombies and nothing else really - so thats way to fast - been playing the 14.7 valmod on the EU server for around 10 hours and only level 40.

Archived